BMW i
Forum for the BMW i3, i4 and i8
BMW i3 BMW i8
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BMW i Forums > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

03-14-2020, 03:28 PM   #67
hybris
Lieutenant
Norway
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e F30 M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
You're just spouting your personal anti-American/anti-Trump biases rather than looking at facts.

There is no way in hell China and the US can be compared. It's well documented that many epidemics and pandemics start in China. This is fact.

Norway's entire population isn't even 1/2 of that of Los Angeles county, so attempting to virtue signal the policies of a little Scandinavian nation with a homogenous population in both race and values to one of the most populous and most diverse nation in the entire world does not work.
That's not the point. The point is that you believe something you've read about China with zero first hand facts. I did the same with your country to show that it's a pretty hit and miss game. But I'm sure you're convinced that everything YOU read are facts, while everything everyone with opposing views read are made up, so..
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 03:59 PM   #68
adc100
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybris View Post
That's not the point. The point is that you believe something you've read about China with zero first hand facts. I did the same with your country to show that it's a pretty hit and miss game. But I'm sure you're convinced that everything YOU read are facts, while everything everyone with opposing views read are made up, so.
Anyone that thinks clearly knows Communist China can not be trusted to be forthcoming....
Maybe you did not notice this latest little thing coming out of china (CoronaVirus) that they tried to bury for 1 1/2 month. Carry on sir.
Appreciate 2
anglo56355.00

03-14-2020, 04:27 PM   #69
anglo
Libertarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welcome to NBA Jam View Post
It's almost like most human-transmittable diseases start in places where humans tend to be concentrated or something.

If you want to read an interesting article on the origin of diseases, here's a good one from Penn State virologist Suresh Kuchipudi.
https://theconversation.com/why-so-m...ct-more-131657
Especially when you eat half cooked exotic animals and end up transmitting virus from animals to humans!
Like SARS, Avian Virus, Covid-19, Ebola... all came from places with poor hygiene
Do you see a pattern? There are a lot of people in LA, NYC Paris ... too

The Ebola virus also jumped from bats, primates to humans.
Appreciate 3
Torgus2274.50
Sassicaia3445.50

03-14-2020, 04:33 PM   #70
anglo
Libertarian
United_States
Rep

Attached Images

Appreciate 4
      03-14-2020, 05:00 PM   #71
Eriphill
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i

^ Lol you hit him with an infographic.
Appreciate 4
anglo56355.00
Torgus2274.50

03-15-2020, 01:23 AM   #72
hybris
Lieutenant
Norway
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
Anyone that thinks clearly knows Communist China can not be trusted to be forthcoming....
Maybe you did not notice this latest little thing coming out of china (CoronaVirus) that they tried to bury for 1 1/2 month. Carry on sir.
Again, I don't trust the US to be forthcoming in a similar situation either. Potentially global viruses is just the world we live in, I think you would be better of thinking about how your own country can deal with and be prepared for that rather than "prevent" other countries from infecting the world.
Appreciate 1
minn196929.50

03-15-2020, 09:14 AM   #73
adc100
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Quote:
Again, I don't trust the US to be forthcoming in a similar situation either. Potentially global viruses is just the world we live in, I think you would be better of thinking about how your own country can deal with and be prepared for that rather than "prevent" other countries from infecting the world.
You might have noticed we have only about 50 deaths
Worry about your own shithole. Norway has the second highest per capita infection rate..just behind italy.
Appreciate 5
Torgus2274.50
N54Yankee2627.00
Eriphill1958.50

03-15-2020, 09:26 AM   #74
NormanConquest
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Difference between the US and China is sooner or later the truth will appear in the US while in China the truth is murder, organ harvest, bury, or burned.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2020, 09:47 AM   #75
hybris
Lieutenant
Norway
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
You might have noticed we have only about 50 deaths
Worry about your own shithole. Norway has the second highest per capita infection rate..just behind italy.
Yes, and as we've also seen in Italy that can change pretty fast. Italy had about the same numbers as the US ten days ago. This isn't a competition. We're all in the same boat.
Appreciate 2
wdb2117.00
minn196929.50

03-15-2020, 10:19 AM   #76
wdb
dances with roads
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC, '07 E93 328i

Not gonna read 4 pages of mostly political shouting, just gonna put my idea out there. If the US wants to stop getting infected by others' goofy eating habits and/or abysmal public cleanliness, they should take a long look at what Taiwan has done in response to the current mess. They're geopraphically right next to China, they have millions of people transiting to and from China yearly, and they have only a handful of CV-19 cases. It's impressive.
Appreciate 1
minn196929.50

03-15-2020, 10:25 AM   #77
Welcome to NBA Jam
Is it the shoes!?
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335i ZMP 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
Especially when you eat half cooked exotic animals and end up transmitting virus from animals to humans!
Like SARS, Avian Virus, Covid-19, Ebola... all came from places with poor hygiene
Do you see a pattern? There are a lot of people in LA, NYC Paris ... too

The Ebola virus also jumped from bats, primates to humans.
LA and Paris are also < 1% of the population of China, and ~35%/17% the population of Wuhan.

The entire article also discussed your points. Also, scientists have not concluded the origin of COVID19. Anything at this point is a guess based on prior virus origins.

Unless you're a virologist, your guess is as good as anyone else's, which is pretty much "I dunno, I spent an hour reading stuff on Wikipedia about bats and other viruses, then someone from 4chan shared this picture of someone eating a half-cooked bat. Then Jesse Waters starting yelling about it a few weeks ago and he seems like an authority in public health."

But look. I get it. There's at least one or two of you on every political forum. You've got the answers to everything. Those hours on Wikipedia mean you know more than everyone else on this one subject. You've done your due diligence: you've scanned for numbers that look big, you've read the abstracts and conclusion of scientific articles in varying subjects from random journals you've found on Google Scholar, you've seen "p < .05" in something before, and you've even used Snopes a few times. During the next news cycle, you'll know exactly what solution is before everyone else does, and you'll proudly proclaim it 3 months later saying "I've been saying this for years" but you don't actually remember when you said it. You'll be wondering why they didn't just hire you to solve almost every issue, from geopolitics to health problems to the economy.

All you gotta do is just say "I don't actually know anything about this but this is a mere guess."

Last edited by Welcome to NBA Jam; 03-15-2020 at 10:42 AM..
Appreciate 1
minn196929.50

03-15-2020, 10:47 AM   #78
NormanConquest
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
LA and Paris are also < 1% of the population of China, and ~35%/17% the population of Wuhan.

The entire article also discussed your points. Also, scientists have not concluded the origin of COVID19. Anything at this point is a guess based on prior virus origins.

Unless you're a virologist, your guess is as good as anyone else's, which is pretty much "I dunno, I spent an hour reading stuff on Wikipedia about bats and other viruses, then someone from 4chan shared this picture of someone eating a half-cooked bat. Then Jesse Waters starting yelling about it a few weeks ago and he seems like an authority in public health."

But look. I get it. There's at least one or two of you on every political forum. You've got the answers to everything. Those hours on Wikipedia mean you know more than everyone else on this one subject. You've done your due diligence: you've scanned for numbers that look big, you've read the abstracts and conclusion of scientific articles in varying subjects from random journals you've found on Google Scholar, you've seen "p < .05" in something before, and you've even used Snopes a few times. During the next news cycle, you'll know exactly what solution is before everyone else does, and you'll proudly proclaim it 3 months later saying "I've been saying this for years" but you don't actually remember when you said it. You'll be wondering why they didn't just hire you to solve almost every issue, from geopolitics to health problems to the economy.

All you gotta do is just say "I don't actually know anything about this but this is a mere guess."
All the evidence is strongly pointing to a bio lab leak in Wuhan.

Bat that the virus comes from not being native to Wuhan and unable to fly the 300 mile distance that it native habitat to.

China suddenly focusing on biolabs safety during the middle of the Wuhan Flu outbreak on 2/14/20

To China lab tech history of selling Bio Lab Animal in the meat market.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2020, 11:29 AM   #79
anglo
Libertarian
United_States
Rep

Quote:

How about the West Nile, Ebola...it has nothing to do with the size of the population.

Again it has all to do with poor hygiene, not that complicated!
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2020, 05:21 PM   #80
anglo
Libertarian
United_States
Rep

If they're not criticizing Trump, the Democrats have absolutely nothing to say, no solutions!
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2020, 10:14 PM   #81
Gamb1t
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 330i, X1, RX-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
Not gonna read 4 pages of mostly political shouting, just gonna put my idea out there. If the US wants to stop getting infected by others' goofy eating habits and/or abysmal public cleanliness, they should take a long look at what Taiwan has done in response to the current mess. They're geopraphically right next to China, they have millions of people transiting to and from China yearly, and they have only a handful of CV-19 cases. It's impressive.
Maybe Taiwan's nbrs cannot be trusted too.

In this day and age, I am floored at some of the cuisine practices in China. What is wrong with these people?!
While I agree there should be some sort of punitive repercussion to China, I am unsure what that will be and it'll likely backfire on us because we are so dependent on them.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2020, 10:44 PM   #82
jamesinaz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 2017 540i

I'm no great fan of China. Their government is an evil blight on humanity.

But China isn't the only part of the world where a new virus can emerge. India, southeast Asia, middle east, Africa, south America.

So what do you do? I feel China merits punishment not because it originated there. More so because they tried to deny it and hide it initially. And I don't believe them now when they say it is under control.

We consumers can make a difference. Do not buy anything made in China. But please, understand Taiwan is NOT the same as mainland China and they are a modern country and our allies.
Appreciate 1
minn196929.50

03-29-2020, 12:21 AM   #83
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

someone should stop Chinese people eating weird things.. that will help..
      03-29-2020, 03:08 AM   #84
och
Banned
Rep
Drives: .

Garage List
2012 X5 xDrive50i  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
2017 X6M  [0.00]
2013 Suzuki Bouleva ...  [0.00]
Or maybe USA and the rest of the civilized world just need to stop letting in people from shthole countries.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2020, 04:04 AM   #85
john!smith
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M340i XDrive

this pandemic is caused by people eating things they shouldnt eat! this virus would never have affected humans if the chinese did not eat those fucking bats! as if there is nothing else to eat! everyone knows that these animals carry the most dangerous viruses. the world must put China under severe pressure to enact laws that strictly prohibit the eating of certain animals... otherwise they should be economically excluded. no viso... no shit!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2020, 04:54 AM   #86
M5theonlyone
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Can't believe that pic, what?eating bats, and/or...accidental escape of test tube virus from a bio-weapons lab as suspected also.How do you get accidental escape of something like this,poor or non existing standards in high risk place like that.Russia affected now so a concerted effort from all can have an impact on the suspected perpetrators but what that will be has to be hammered out soon to prevent same happening again.Has China got a vaccine for this already??
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2020, 09:26 AM   #87
ASAP
Stargazing
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '20 M2 Comp HS

I don't think its about China but more about the world...

Everyone needs to be straightforward about things like this happening including the US. If it gets found out that you supressed information about a potential virus, you get massive eceonomic sanctions... as far as unsanitary food conditions, there needs to be a WHO taskforce that travels to random locations and reports anything that's seen as odd. That information the gets reported to the local government and you are forced to do something about it or again... economic sanctions... (this needs to be an agreement amongst G7 nations etc) albeit someone will play the political game with this one heavy.

Outside of that we need to have a Pandemic response team ready to go and manufacturing of our own PPE ready to go at moments notice.
Appreciate 1
minn196929.50

03-29-2020, 09:41 AM   #88
NormanConquest
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
I don't think its about China but more about the world...

Everyone needs to be straightforward about things like this happening including the US. If it gets found out that you supressed information about a potential virus, you get massive eceonomic sanctions... as far as unsanitary food conditions, there needs to be a WHO taskforce that travels to random locations and reports anything that's seen as odd. That information the gets reported to the local government and you are forced to do something about it or again... economic sanctions... (this needs to be an agreement amongst G7 nations etc) albeit someone will play the political game with this one heavy.

Outside of that we need to have a Pandemic response team ready to go and manufacturing of our own PPE ready to go at moments notice.
Great another corrupt organization to bribe.
Appreciate 0