BMW i
Forum for the BMW i3, i4 and i8
BMW i3 BMW i8
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BMW i Forums > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

03-14-2020, 09:14 PM   #89
NormanConquest
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
Or the guy who solicited foreign interference from Ukraine to aid his re-election campaign, all based on lies......

The biggest shame of all
Get your story right it either Russia or Ukraine can't be both since russia and ukraine hate each other.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 09:37 PM   #90
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanConquest View Post
Quote:
Or the guy who solicited foreign interference from Ukraine to aid his re-election campaign, all based on lies......

The biggest shame of all
Get your story right it either Russia or Ukraine can't be both since russia and ukraine hate each other.
      03-14-2020, 09:46 PM   #91
schoy
Captain
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
Ebola..lol..yes OBama handled that OK. 4 cases one death.

I notice you didn't mention the SWINE flu. Obama completely fcked that up:

57 million americans sickened
157,000 hospitalized
11,690 Dead

First infection in April National emergency called (after many thousands of deaths) National emergency in late October

Yea he did a great job...

TDS?
If your numbers on the swine flu is correct, that would give the swine flu a 0.02% death rate, which makes it 5x LESS lethal than the seasonal flu (which has about a 0.1% death rate). Which would hardly warrant any kind of emergency response. So you might want to check your numbers.

You also may want to check your facts. Obama declared H1N1 a public health emergency in April 2009 and requested Congressional funding, even before it was a pandemic. Here, you can read up: https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...health-emerge/

Of course, I wonít wait for the retraction since I know youíre not going to give it.
Appreciate 1
      03-14-2020, 10:01 PM   #92
chris719
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoy View Post
If your numbers on the swine flu is correct, that would give the swine flu a 0.02% death rate, which makes it 5x LESS lethal than the seasonal flu (which has about a 0.1% death rate). Which would hardly warrant any kind of emergency response. So you might want to check your numbers.

You also may want to check your facts. Obama declared H1N1 a public health emergency in April 2009 and requested Congressional funding, even before it was a pandemic. Here, you can read up: https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...health-emerge/

Of course, I wonít wait for the retraction since I know youíre not going to give it.
Donít bother, his reasoning abilities seem lacking.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 10:06 PM   #93
Nuckle
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoy View Post
Quote:
Ebola..lol..yes OBama handled that OK. 4 cases one death.

I notice you didn't mention the SWINE flu. Obama completely fcked that up:

57 million americans sickened
157,000 hospitalized
11,690 Dead

First infection in April National emergency called (after many thousands of deaths) National emergency in late October

Yea he did a great job...

TDS?

Of course, I won't wait for the retraction since I know you're not going to give it.
I have no idea at all when President Obama declared the swing flu as a national emergency. Could have been the day the first American tested positive. I do find it really odd that to this point the only link anyone can provide to the proof is from Facebook. Shouldn't we be able to easily find clarifying info on multiple links to passes sources? I would think that would have been pretty big news. Again, I am not saying he did or didn't as I don't remember it myself. Just seems odd that is it not easily debunked.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 10:07 PM   #94
chris719
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Absolutely. It is very clear that the leadership of our country, i.e. Trump, has failed miserabley in the handling of this Pandemic. He's essentially downplayed this crisis and the recommendations of Experts: Doctors and Scientists. Now after onlt mounting pressure, has he taken action. Too little too late.
The above articles are well written and detail the facts of his actions or the lack thereof. It certainly does not help that he is a epic compulsive liar.
This stupid MF called this Virus a "Democratic Hoax". He also said he did want testing ramped up because it would hurt his election. FFFFFFFFCK!!!
Who with a brain or soul can support someone like that. That's not a question by the way.
Yeah, Trump is totally inept, but this article is out of touch. Anyone that thinks any misstep Trump makes actually matters has not paid attention over the past 4 years. He will not be held accountable. Even if itís clear his missteps lead to problems, it will be spun and blamed on someone or something else and his voters will eat it up.

Itís just like the smoking gun Rachael Maddow thinks she finds every couple months. Logic does not play a role here, those voting for Trump donít think this way. Nothing will diminish his popularity.
Appreciate 2
      03-14-2020, 10:09 PM   #95
chris719
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckle View Post
I have no idea at all when President Obama declared the swing flu as a national emergency. Could have been the day the first American tested positive. I do find it really odd that to this point the only link anyone can provide to the proof is from Facebook. Shouldn't we be able to easily find clarifying info on multiple links to passes sources? I would think that would have been pretty big news. Again, I am not saying he did or didn't as I don't remember it myself. Just seems odd that is it not easily debunked.
https://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/27/world/27flu.html

News article from April 27 2009. Sorry itís NYT with their awful paywall.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 10:09 PM   #96
Nuckle
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
Quote:
Absolutely. It is very clear that the leadership of our country, i.e. Trump, has failed miserabley in the handling of this Pandemic. He's essentially downplayed this crisis and the recommendations of Experts: Doctors and Scientists. Now after onlt mounting pressure, has he taken action. Too little too late.
The above articles are well written and detail the facts of his actions or the lack thereof. It certainly does not help that he is a epic compulsive liar.
This stupid MF called this Virus a "Democratic Hoax". He also said he did want testing ramped up because it would hurt his election. FFFFFFFFCK!!!
Who with a brain or soul can support someone like that. That's not a question by the way.
Yeah, Trump is totally inept, but this article is out of touch. Anyone that thinks any misstep Trump makes actually matters has not paid attention over the past 4 years. He will not be held accountable. Even if it’s clear his missteps lead to problems, it will be spun and blamed on someone or something else and his voters will eat it up.

It’s just like the smoking gun Rachael Maddow thinks she finds every couple months. Logic does not play a role here, those voting for Trump don’t think this way. Nothing will diminish his popularity.
Yep, we are all a bunch of dumb assholes with no brain. Shocking we have lived this long with our inferior intellect. You seem to be a real charmer.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 10:11 PM   #97
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, Trump is totally inept, but this article is out of touch. Anyone that thinks any misstep Trump makes actually matters has not paid attention over the past 4 years. He will not be held accountable. Even if it's clear his missteps lead to problems, it will be spun and blamed on someone or something else and his voters will eat it up.

It's just like the smoking gun Rachael Maddow thinks she finds every couple months. Logic does not play a role here, those voting for Trump don't think this way. Nothing will diminish his popularity.
Yep, we are all a bunch of dumb assholes with no brain. Shocking we have lived this long with our inferior intellect. You seem to be a real charmer.
Truer words........

03-14-2020, 10:11 PM   #98
Nuckle
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
https://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/27/world/27flu.html

News article from April 27 2009. Sorry it’s NYT with their awful paywall.
Yea, can't read it. Not paying or giving out personal info. Not saying you are being dishonest.
Appreciate 1
Dagamus_NM1217.00

03-14-2020, 10:21 PM   #99
ScottyRyan2019
Licensed Professional Slacker
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3MC and a Volvo XC60 T6i

Quote:
TDS = Trump Dysfunctional Syndrome
Actually it is more commonly referred to as Trump Derangement Syndrome.
      03-14-2020, 10:25 PM   #100
chris719
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I didnít mean to imply that exactly. I mean that your calculus is typically different as a group. Every single thing that freaks out Democrats does not mean itís perceived the same way on the other side. There are various reasons for that, but obviously the end justifies the means. I also donít think I was being false when I said Trump wonít pay a political penalty for anything that goes wrong. Itís just whatís happened so far.

Maybe my wording was a bit harsh, but from my point of view there is little that makes sense about this presidency.

My post was more meant to criticize self-important writers and journalists who constantly predict the demise of Trump. They continue to fail and they still havenít gotten it.
Appreciate 1
Nuckle983.50

03-14-2020, 10:37 PM   #101
dsad1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
I didnít mean to imply that exactly. I mean that your calculus is typically different as a group. Every single thing that freaks out Democrats does not mean itís perceived the same way on the other side. There are various reasons for that, but obviously the end justifies the means. I also donít think I was being false when I said Trump wonít pay a political penalty for anything that goes wrong. Itís just whatís happened so far.

Maybe my wording was a bit harsh, but from my point of view there is little that makes sense about this presidency.

My post was more meant to criticize self-important writers and journalists who constantly predict the demise of Trump. They continue to fail and they still havenít gotten it.
You see it as failing, they see it as making money. I wouldn't call them journalists though, just horrible people.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 10:46 PM   #102
Nuckle
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I didn’t mean to imply that exactly. I mean that your calculus is typically different as a group. Every single thing that freaks out Democrats does not mean it’s perceived the same way on the other side. There are various reasons for that, but obviously the end justifies the means. I also don’t think I was being false when I said Trump won’t pay a political penalty for anything that goes wrong. It’s just what’s happened so far.

My post was more meant to criticize self-important writers and journalists who constantly predict the demise of Trump. They continue to fail and they still haven’t gotten it.
I really appreciate your change of tone. I agree that what we are going through right now with this virus and the economy due to it that this may end his Presidency. I guess we will see. That said, I do not think he has handled things terribly. Sure things could have been different. But you have to admit that even his initial response to regulate travel from China and even what he has done over the past few days has been met as pure shit from folks against him. This President can't do anything right in the eyes of those against him.
Appreciate 1
Dagamus_NM1217.00

03-14-2020, 10:55 PM   #103
Dagamus_NM
Dirka Dirka
Rep
Drives: 14 Dinan 550i, 10 m3, 91 332iC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyRyan2019 View Post
Actually it is more commonly referred to as Trump Derangement Syndrome.
He is confusing it with another dysfunction syndrome he is experiencing. Fortunately for him modern medicine can clear that right up.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 11:03 PM   #104
Dagamus_NM
Dirka Dirka
Rep
Drives: 14 Dinan 550i, 10 m3, 91 332iC

Quote:
I really appreciate your change of tone. I agree that what we are going through right now with this virus and the economy due to it that this may end his Presidency. I guess we will see. That said, I do not think he has handled things terribly. Sure things could have been different. But you have to admit that even his initial response to regulate travel from China and even what he has done over the past few days has been met as pure shit from folks against him. This President can't do anything right in the eyes of those against him.
Valid. Some of that is his own doing though. He loves being a troll. His whole TV show was based on drama. Any good protagonist needs an equally good antagonist that is opposed and often out to get them. It is part of his shtick.

That said, for a lot of these people Trump has become like an abusive alcoholic step dad. For some they can forgive assuming those behavior patterns have changed and maybe even have a relationship built over the past issues. Many others would never see eye to eye or trust anything from that step dad for the rest of their lives. No derangement, more like conditioning.

I am mostly against him. I never liked him in the 80s, 90s, 00s, 10s, or now. He has done some good as president for the country but too much of his focus is on doing well for himself and his family. Not that there shouldn't be some interests, that is only natural but the extent that it is done. Often putting himself in front of the country is not something I am into.

Now if he were to wear a tan suit, I would really lose my shit.
Appreciate 1
Nuckle983.50

03-14-2020, 11:20 PM   #105
AlpineWhite_SJ
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP, 2020 F97 X3MC

The current situation with people stuck in massive lines in customs at DFW, O’Hare and JFK isn’t going to help him out. Easily preventable with staged deplaning and increased staff.
/// 2018 Alpine White on Black F80 M3 - 6MT ZCP ZEP / 3D Design billet handbrake lever, pedals, CF side skirts & rear diffuser / Sterckenn gloss black lip / IND alpine white front reflectors /// 2020 Donnington Grey on Black F97 X3MC ///
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 11:26 PM   #106
ScottyRyan2019
Licensed Professional Slacker
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3MC and a Volvo XC60 T6i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagamus_NM View Post
Valid. Some of that is his own doing though. He loves being a troll. His whole TV show was based on drama. Any good protagonist needs an equally good antagonist that is opposed and often out to get them. It is part of his shtick.

That said, for a lot of these people Trump has become like an abusive alcoholic step dad. For some they can forgive assuming those behavior patterns have changed and maybe even have a relationship built over the past issues. Many others would never see eye to eye or trust anything from that step dad for the rest of their lives. No derangement, more like conditioning.

I am mostly against him. I never liked him in the 80s, 90s, 00s, 10s, or now. He has done some good as president for the country but too much of his focus is on doing well for himself and his family. Not that there shouldn't be some interests, that is only natural but the extent that it is done. Often putting himself in front of the country is not something I am into.

Now if he were to wear a tan suit, I would really lose my shit.
From what I have seen/learned over the past few years I would never work for or associate with someone of Trump's character...ever. I do not have party loyalty like some do. Moral character is much more important to me.
chris7193301.50

03-14-2020, 11:35 PM   #107
Nuckle
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineWhite_SJ View Post
The current situation with people stuck in massive lines in customs at DFW, O'Hare and JFK isn't going to help him out. Easily preventable with staged deplaning and increased staff.
Seriously just asking a question. How is that the President's fault? The federal government has sucked at logistics for a while now. I would think the Commander and Chief has other shit he is working in than deplaining.
Appreciate 2
      03-15-2020, 12:01 AM   #108
AlpineWhite_SJ
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP, 2020 F97 X3MC

Quote:
Seriously just asking a question. How is that the President's fault? The federal government has sucked at logistics for a while now. I would think the Commander and Chief has other shit he is working in than deplaining.
Not really saying it is or isnít, but it will be perceived to be regardless because heís the boss. Airports are a mix of Federal and local resources, but if youíre putting a travel ban in place that could cause large numbers of people abroad to rapidly hop on a flight home, itíd be somewhat common sense to try and anticipate the effects like an overloaded customs process that would put large numbers of people in close proximity to one another while theyíre waiting. Local authorities should have been running scenarios and asking for federal guidance well before these planes landed and everything ground to a halt.

Just being realistic, thereís a ton of these people that likely have had exposure abroad and have sat on a plane with their fellow passengers for several hours so thereís already a lot who may have it or will get it. But jamming them up with even more people from other flights is just going to compound the issue.

Not saying he needs to personally tell people what to do here, but as a leader youíve got to set the expectation with your team that they better be on the ball and ask them to check back in with proposals/plans for any and all scenarios.
/// 2018 Alpine White on Black F80 M3 - 6MT ZCP ZEP / 3D Design billet handbrake lever, pedals, CF side skirts & rear diffuser / Sterckenn gloss black lip / IND alpine white front reflectors /// 2020 Donnington Grey on Black F97 X3MC ///
Appreciate 1
Nuckle983.50

03-15-2020, 04:50 AM   #109
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

I can't believe this dumbass thread is still going

Current Stable: '19 X3 (Wifey) '20 ZCP M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 2
      03-15-2020, 04:58 AM   #110
stevenopoly
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 350z

Quote:

The biggest shame of all
he was acquitted because the democrats had zero evidence of anything...it was a clown show. Throughout the whole testimony they kept on moving the goal post. Ambassador Soland who was the only primary source who actually heard the phone call admitted himself that he was 'assuming.' You're not guilty by assumption.

Unlike Quid Pro Quo Joe who is on youtube video actually admitting to EXACTLY what the democrats are accusing Trump of doing. Seriously.....our whole government is a clown show.

Also whether you agree or disagree with Trump, I think we can all agree on one thing Trump said : the media is the enemy. All they do is spin stories to their narrative on both sides. It does not help at all.

Last edited by stevenopoly; 03-15-2020 at 05:14 AM..
Appreciate 0