BMW i
Forum for the BMW i3, i4 and i8
BMW i3 BMW i8
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

  BMW i Forums > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

View Poll Results: Will you vote for Trump or Biden?
I'll vote for Trump 85 65.38%
I'll vote for Biden 45 34.62%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-19-2020, 12:30 PM   #23
floridaorange
Lieutenant Colonel
floridaorange's Avatar
United_States
1164
Rep
1,611
Posts

Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: orlando, fl

iTrader: (1)

I'd vote for Biden > Trump. But I'd vote for Pence > Biden.

I'd vote for Dr Seuss > Sarah Palin.

BTW - most Americans vote for who they believe is the best candidate for the job vs. for whoever the "party" nominee is.
__________________
Stage 2 BM3
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 01:00 PM   #24
jamesinaz
Private First Class
251
Rep
159
Posts

Drives: 2013 X3 2017 540i
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Arizona

iTrader: (0)

I will vote for Trump. Not that I own a Mega hat or enjoy watching his speeches. But I will have two choices with any chance to win which are:

Biden (or Bernie but I think it's over) - both of these represent the DEM party which has several party positions I am diametrically opposed to. One is violating the 2nd Amendment. The other is over regulating business. They think they are improving our environment but I am skeptical about that. As an aside I really do think Biden is showing signs of dementia.

Trump - yeah he is a pompous ass and I am not crazy about how he speaks. But, he deregulated many things restricting business and puts America first in foreign relations. Which is really what ALL world leaders should do for their country. Work together when it's a win win but don't bend over and take it in the butt just to mollify the international community and get good press from Europe.

Not crazy about either one but clearly the policies of the GOP beat the heck out of the DEMsin my worldview. Nothing personal.
Appreciate 6
3798j1968.50
anglo55850.50
MKSixer22935.50
gjm1201311.50
D22M2585.00
Salty Dog3524.50

      03-19-2020, 01:06 PM   #25
tcphoto
Major
United_States
716
Rep
1,308
Posts

Drives: E92 335i MT Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Nashville, TN

iTrader: (0)

I don't think that either one is qualified to be elected to any position.
__________________
Appreciate 1
      03-19-2020, 03:00 PM   #26
anglo
Libertarian
anglo's Avatar
United_States
55851
Rep
3,907
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Sanctuary City

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcphoto View Post
I don't think that either one is qualified to be elected to any position.
One will bring in more conservative judges, including on the supreme court, fair trade, keep American jobs here, put pressure on Iran, pro law enforcement, rebuild our military

Geez this is so hard
Appreciate 2
Salty Dog3524.50
3798j1968.50

      03-19-2020, 03:12 PM   #27
floridaorange
Lieutenant Colonel
floridaorange's Avatar
United_States
1164
Rep
1,611
Posts

Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: orlando, fl

iTrader: (1)

You should create a new poll with an undecided option mate.
__________________
Stage 2 BM3
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 03:22 PM   #28
Hapbob
New Member
United_States
8
Rep
16
Posts

Drives: M235i
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Thumb of Michigan

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 BMW  [0.00]
Vice

Shouldn’t you know who is Biden’s running mate ? He my not make it through 4 years. Stacy Abrams May not be who we want running the county.
Appreciate 1
scostu1227.50

      03-19-2020, 03:30 PM   #29
anglo
Libertarian
anglo's Avatar
United_States
55851
Rep
3,907
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Sanctuary City

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
You should create a new poll with an undecided option mate.
Yeah when make up your mind then you vote, k8nda like the real election!
Appreciate 2
Salty Dog3524.50
3798j1968.50

      03-19-2020, 03:37 PM   #30
Salty Dog
Captain
Salty Dog's Avatar
3525
Rep
886
Posts

Drives: Austin Mini,MBGLK, Porsche 993
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Funny Anglo appreciates this when he is usually berating foreigners here to stay out of "US politics" etc.

Shocking I know.
So I didn't vote in the pole, just offered up an opinion.
Appreciate 1
anglo55850.50

      03-19-2020, 03:44 PM   #31
anglo
Libertarian
anglo's Avatar
United_States
55851
Rep
3,907
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Sanctuary City

iTrader: (0)

Salty Dog is a great guy, it's just most Canadians and Europeans tend to vote left and hate Trump.

It was going to sway the numbers.
Appreciate 3
Salty Dog3524.50
MKSixer22935.50
N54Yankee2619.00

      03-19-2020, 04:15 PM   #32
minn19
Major General
minn19's Avatar
United_States
6907
Rep
7,372
Posts

Drives: 19 F150, 20 GLI, 19 ZLE, 212S
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Dog View Post
So I didn't vote in the pole, just offered up an opinion.
To be honest, I don't care if you or anyone has an opinion or votes in the poll. This isn't just a US forum and these polls certainly aren't scientific so on practical level it doesn't matter anyway. I was quoting you for my overall point about Anglo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
Salty Dog is a great guy, it's just most Canadians and Europeans tend to vote left and hate Trump.

It was going to sway the numbers.
Which is this, I have nothing against Salty and wasn't saying he wasn't a good dude. Point is, too bad you don't have that opinion about others opinions that disagree with you because a lot of them are great people to. If he wasn't for Trump you wouldn't be posting this.
Appreciate 1
      03-19-2020, 04:16 PM   #33
Salty Dog
Captain
Salty Dog's Avatar
3525
Rep
886
Posts

Drives: Austin Mini,MBGLK, Porsche 993
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
Salty Dog is a great guy, it's just most Canadians and Europeans tend to vote left and hate Trump.

It was going to sway the numbers.
The US election actually has more than just a passing interest to Canadians, we are directly effected by the US in just about every way. So I didn't vote in your poll but I do have a view (concern) about who runs the US. Bernie and Biden cause me a lot of concern and they should everyone of you south of the border as well. Bernie is just way too far out there IMHO and Biden is losing his marbles....he might have been a good leader a few years ago, but his future decision making is deeply in question from where I'm sitting right now. And I can see the US from my front porch.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 04:23 PM   #34
minn19
Major General
minn19's Avatar
United_States
6907
Rep
7,372
Posts

Drives: 19 F150, 20 GLI, 19 ZLE, 212S
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Dog View Post
The US election actually has more than just a passing interest to Canadians, we are directly effected by the US in just about every way. So I didn't vote in your poll but I do have a view (concern) about who runs the US. Bernie and Biden cause me a lot of concern and they should everyone of you south of the border as well. Bernie is just way too far out there IMHO and Biden is losing his marbles....he might have been a good leader a few years ago, but his future decision making is deeply in question from where I'm sitting right now. And I can see the US from my front porch.
Him just like Palin in a way.

I don't disagree about Biden, my hope is he surrounds himself with better people than Trump and brings some professionalism back to the US government. Not saying this will happen if he is elected, but elections are about hope and change and oops I stumbled into another previous campaign slogan etc.

FWIW, I think both Trump and Biden are too old and both are showing signs of losing their marbles. I'm not sure how you can listen to Trump and all of his weird verbal ticks and not think that also. I'm hoping for 2024 and we get some fresh blood from both sides to choose from. I was really hoping that here for the Dems, but they are trying to win an election. I don't think it will be the right strategy. The election will come down to how Trump handles this massive crisis. Right now it isn't looking great IMO. Better than it was a couple of weeks ago since Trump started talking it seriously though.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 04:26 PM   #35
Salty Dog
Captain
Salty Dog's Avatar
3525
Rep
886
Posts

Drives: Austin Mini,MBGLK, Porsche 993
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Him just like Palin in a way.

I don't disagree about Biden, my hope is he surrounds himself with better people than Trump and brings some professionalism back to the US government. Not saying this will happen if he is elected, but elections are about hope and change and oops I stumbled into another previous campaign slogan etc.

FWIW, I think both Trump and Biden are too old and both are showing signs of losing their marbles. I'm not sure how you can listen to Trump and all of his weird verbal ticks and not think that also. I'm hoping for 2024 and we get some fresh blood from both sides to choose from. I was really hoping that here for the Dems, but they are trying to win an election. I don't think it will be the right strategy. The election will come down to how Trump handles this massive crisis. Right now it isn't looking great IMO. Better than it was a couple of weeks ago since Trump started talking it seriously though.
Palin was kind of hot.....and I literally can see Fort Niagara from my front porch.

I hate Trump's speaking style almost as much as Trudeau, I literally throw up a little in my mouth when Trudeau talks. I'm shocked that in a country of 330+ million people y'all can't find someone, anyone better that the current group of front runners.
Appreciate 3
minn196907.00
anglo55850.50
lakefront266.50

      03-19-2020, 04:30 PM   #36
stevenopoly
Enlisted Member
47
Rep
45
Posts

Drives: 350z
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

Biden is a walking empty shell of a corpse and if he were to become president the economy would tank even further with his over regulations and other liberal policies.
Appreciate 4
anglo55850.50
Salty Dog3524.50
MKSixer22935.50
N54Yankee2619.00

      03-19-2020, 05:26 PM   #37
gonzo
Lieutenant General
gonzo's Avatar
United_States
8661
Rep
13,856
Posts

Drives: as many as possible
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TeXXXas

iTrader: (0)

As a lame duck I think Trump would tone down his tweet assaults and what not. Seems he's taken on a different persona already.

My two cents:
He has 6 months to get the ship back and to have it moving forward to calmer waters. This is like the ultimate challenge and I think he's up for it and will do it.

A true legacy is in the making for him and he knows it. Imo he has the fighter ego combination that will work in these difficult times. Time is the only thing that will tell.
__________________
Crazy Diamond
Appreciate 4
anglo55850.50
Salty Dog3524.50
MKSixer22935.50
3798j1968.50

      03-19-2020, 05:41 PM   #38
scostu
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
1228
Rep
1,868
Posts

Drives: 2016 F25
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Space Coast Florida......aka NASA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapbob View Post
Shouldn’t you know who is Biden’s running mate ? He my not make it through 4 years. Stacy Abrams May not be who we want running the county.
Agreed. I think many would be wise to see who his VP choice is before casting a vote for Biden.
__________________
Wife's ride....2016 Dodge WD R/T

Retired:2014 F31, 2013 Audi Q5 3.0T P+,
2013 WK2..Hemi, 2011 E90, 2008 E70, 2004 E46
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 05:44 PM   #39
Salty Dog
Captain
Salty Dog's Avatar
3525
Rep
886
Posts

Drives: Austin Mini,MBGLK, Porsche 993
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scostu View Post
Agreed. I think many would be wise to see who his VP choice is before casting a vote for Biden.
My money is on HRC, if the dementia doesn't take him out he's likely to have an accident.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 06:10 PM   #40
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
22936
Rep
9,611
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Dog View Post
My money is on HRC, if the dementia doesn't take him out he's likely to have an accident.
She has a different idea in mind. I'm sure she's tired of the blood on her hands.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 3
scostu1227.50
anglo55850.50
3798j1968.50

      03-19-2020, 06:29 PM   #41
floridaorange
Lieutenant Colonel
floridaorange's Avatar
United_States
1164
Rep
1,611
Posts

Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: orlando, fl

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
Yeah when make up your mind then you vote, k8nda like the real election!
Unsure what you're saying here - but I'll bite anyway.

Many people talk all kinds of hoopla prior to their voting both moment. But many have a change of heart right before bubbling in their selections.

Similar to the advice I would give Mr Trump. You may not want to alienate so many "liberals."

__________________
Stage 2 BM3
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 06:30 PM   #42
cooolone2
Second Lieutenant
cooolone2's Avatar
214
Rep
287
Posts

Drives: 20' M240iX B58, 01' 330XI E46
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: NY, USA

iTrader: (0)

This is a serious question? Lol...

I'm waiting to see the rationale to vote for anyone other than Trump! It's not possible...
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 06:31 PM   #43
adc100
Banned
1855
Rep
2,174
Posts

Drives: 2018 Forester XT
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Elizabethtown PA

iTrader: (0)

As I said. As long as this crisis continues. Trump need not campaign.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 06:36 PM   #44
TboneS54
YNWA
TboneS54's Avatar
United_States
158
Rep
158
Posts

Drives: 2004 E46 M3, 2012 E82 128i
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (1)

Neither
__________________
// 2012 TitanSilber 128i · Coupe · 6MT · Slicktop · N52 non-sulev · Heated manual seats
/// 2004 SilberGrau M3 · Coupe · 6MT · Slicktop · zero options · ~3100lbs

Appreciate 1
minn196907.00

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:08 PM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST