Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Video + PC Gaming / Computing

View Poll Results: What type of computer do you use??
PC.. Can't leave my tride and true XP 62 34.07%
PC.. Rolling the Dice with Vista (I swear everything works!) 21 11.54%
Mac.. I'm a MAC lover or / Bill Gates Hater 46 25.27%
Linux.. Even more different than others 3 1.65%
Mac & PC.. Gotta have both 50 27.47%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

07-17-2007, 09:20 AM   #111
raquelmister
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i E90

love mac, would never go back.

I do have to deal with PC's at school and work.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2007, 11:28 AM   #112
sinnet112
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E89 Z4

Garage List
Eh, I've owned a Mac for eight years, and yet I usually am pretty quick to trounce on the iPod. It's aesthetically appealing (which Apple's products always are), it's easy to use (also a signature Apple product), but it's really lacking in features that other MP3 players do in fact have right out of the box. Not to mention it needs a revise soon, the look is very outdated and they need something revolutionary one more time.

The iPod jumpstarted Apple as a brand, as did the iMac G4s (dome), and that's credited to Steve Jobs and his vision. You can't deny that he's one of the most innovative people on Earth, but no product is perfect, and the iPod has some work to do in the features department.

Z4 sdrive30i | Deep Sea Blue | Ivory White Nappa Extended Leather | ZSP
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2007, 11:39 AM   #113
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i 07

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnet112 View Post
Eh, I've owned a Mac for eight years, and yet I usually am pretty quick to trounce on the iPod. It's aesthetically appealing (which Apple's products always are), it's easy to use (also a signature Apple product), but it's really lacking in features that other MP3 players do in fact have right out of the box. Not to mention it needs a revise soon, the look is very outdated and they need something revolutionary one more time.

The iPod jumpstarted Apple as a brand, as did the iMac G4s (dome), and that's credited to Steve Jobs and his vision. You can't deny that he's one of the most innovative people on Earth, but no product is perfect, and the iPod has some work to do in the features department.
+1, These Apple Zealots can't see not everything Apple makes is perfect. Jobs is a marketing genius. The ipod design and such cannot be attributed to him. But the marketing of it can.

He has re-created the company he had many years ago when he was young.
      07-17-2007, 03:19 PM   #114
Max_!
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E91

> The Zune has sold 1 million units in only a few months. So some people gotta like it.

So... How many of those 1 million went to Microsoft employees and microsoft suppliers and partners etc?

The zune is a great piece of hardware, really, it's the software that turdifies it.

> Also my point on the link was that you didnt explain it you just gave a link.

I wasn't even planning on acknowledging your existence, Let alone get into a discussion about references and proof. Wikipedia is reputable enough for this purpose, you should know this.

Still waiting on your link btw.

> That is all I am stating and that is not untrue.

It's irrelevant and untrue. There were personal computers before GUIs. Also, Apple paid Xerox for access and Bill did not con Steve into anything.

> These Apple Zealots can't see not everything Apple makes is perfect.

I'm an Apple Zealot. I'm not saying Apple make perfect things. I'm saying they make things that are generally better, or at the very least nicer, than competing offerings.

If you know why you drive a BMW, you know why people like Macs.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2007, 05:41 PM   #115
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_! View Post
> The Zune has sold 1 million units in only a few months. So some people gotta like it.

So... How many of those 1 million went to Microsoft employees and microsoft suppliers and partners etc?

The zune is a great piece of hardware, really, it's the software that turdifies it.

> Also my point on the link was that you didnt explain it you just gave a link.

I wasn't even planning on acknowledging your existence, Let alone get into a discussion about references and proof. Wikipedia is reputable enough for this purpose, you should know this.

Still waiting on your link btw.

> That is all I am stating and that is not untrue.

It's irrelevant and untrue. There were personal computers before GUIs. Also, Apple paid Xerox for access and Bill did not con Steve into anything.

> These Apple Zealots can't see not everything Apple makes is perfect.

I'm an Apple Zealot. I'm not saying Apple make perfect things. I'm saying they make things that are generally better, or at the very least nicer, than competing offerings.

If you know why you drive a BMW, you know why people like Macs.
How many went to employees? Lol dude those are sold. Stop trying to find shit to belittle MS. They sold a million quicker than Apple get over it. They still aren't even taking a bite out of Apple's market.

Oh you weren't going to acknowledge my existence. Well you have and please stop trying to act like you are better than anyone. That is extremely ignorant and plain immature.

What link are you waiting for. You obviously are kind of slow and can not understand that I ment you posting a link was pointless and that I could have done that but did not.

Also Bill Gates did con Steve Jobs. Steve let him look over the software. This allowed MS to copy most of the features. Bill then announced Windows before Steve could show the software Apple had made.
      07-17-2007, 11:55 PM   #116
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2007, 12:26 AM   #117
NaViT
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 M3/E92 335i

im selling a Mac
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2007, 11:27 AM   #118
Max_!
First Lieutenant
Rep

> Stop trying to find shit to belittle MS.

Nah, they do a great job doing that themselves. Did you hear Peter Moore left? Thats the Xbox down the drain right there, that is.

> Well you have and please stop trying to act like you are better than anyone.

Not anyone or everyone, just you and that guy with a "Sport Touch" sticker on his 1300 diesel wagon.

> Also Bill Gates did con Steve Jobs.

So are you afraid of the link I posted or something? It's not goatse or tubgirl, I promise.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2007, 03:24 PM   #119
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
> Stop trying to find shit to belittle MS.

Nah, they do a great job doing that themselves. Did you hear Peter Moore left? Thats the Xbox down the drain right there, that is.

> Well you have and please stop trying to act like you are better than anyone.

Not anyone or everyone, just you and that guy with a "Sport Touch" sticker on his 1300 diesel wagon.

> Also Bill Gates did con Steve Jobs.

So are you afraid of the link I posted or something? It's not goatse or tubgirl, I promise.

haha your ignorance is mind blowing. But I love getting laughs from your post and just fanboyism. As do my friends who read it. Three of them are Huge Apple fans aswell and still feel you spew to much shit.

Ok first off I really do not care about Microsoft. I hate the Xbox360 I will be purchasing a PS3 shortly after rumble comes back. But guess what many people do like the Xbox360 and that is fine. I dont say Microsoft sucks you suck. cus of it.

Secondly, I am glad you think you are better than me. Shows a great form of maturity.

I read that link and it does not talk about Apple and Microsoft specifically. And it is widely known Microsoft stole coding from Apple's software. So why the hell are you going against me? It makes Apple look good!
      07-19-2007, 11:30 AM   #120
Max_!
First Lieutenant
Rep

> As do my friends who read it.

There you go again making ludicrous statements.

> I hate the Xbox360

I don't. It's probably one of the best things Microsoft ever made.

Wouldn't buy one because I think a failure rate that's over 10 times higher than the industry standard (by their own admission) is a bit too much of a shafting.

I have an original xbox though, bought it after the last price drop. Don't have many games for it though.

> I will be purchasing a PS3 shortly after rumble comes back.

PS3 is a fantastic machine. Can't fault your decision if you have a HD TV and have forgiven Sony for their rootkit.

> I am glad you think you are better than me.

I think most people here are better than me, but I know you're not.

> Shows a great form of maturity.

Who wants to grow up? Hell, I've been in puberty for the last 30 years.

> I read that link and it does not talk about Apple and Microsoft specifically.

It's the history of the origin of the Personal Computer. Microsoft didn't have anything to do with that. Apple ignited the Personal Computer revolution but certainly did not start it.

The GUI came much, much later.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2007, 12:29 PM   #121
TahoeOG
Major
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Quote:

Ohhhhhhhhh
Ssssnnnnnaaaaaappppppp

Yeah, i don't want to mature either.. I'm already 25.. and although i know i'm not 18 or 21 anymore, i tend to act how i feel like acting.. I know when and where to act my age...
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2007, 12:31 PM   #122
Vegas_Sirk
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 JKU Wrangler

Garage List
I have both ... always been a hardcore PC guy but recently got a 24" iMac. I must say even thou Im way more comfortable on the PC I am growing to love my MAC more and more each day. I use both for web design, graphic design, and photo editing and notice that with photo editing my colors come out better editing on the MAC compared to the PC ... even if I edit them on a MAC my photos look better on a PC then if I edited them on the PC. ..... but then again maybe Im a retard and dont know how to adjust my PC's monitor to be as clear as my Mac's.
________
DODGE ADVENTURER
________
Amateur gay
________
Suzuki Gt750
________
Web shows
________
xxELECTRAxx

Last edited by Vegas_Sirk; 09-19-2011 at 09:22 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2007, 12:40 PM   #123
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Seriously, Dasblitz can't get over the fact that most people are die hard PC users and then they move onto a MAC and love it.

I would rather spend less time maintaining computers because that is what I do at work all day. I have been a die hard PC guy for over 25 years.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2007, 01:33 PM   #124
TahoeOG
Major
Rep

My friend sal is litteraly looking into which computer to get from apple on there web site as we speak...

imac.. or macbook??

he's been thinking about it for a little bit now, and since i told him i got one, he asked me how it is, and now he's shopping for one to suit his needs.

Nice!
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2007, 01:58 PM   #125
Max_!
First Lieutenant
Rep

> imac.. or macbook??

iMac, unless you need a portable: The iMac is faster and has a bigger screen.

If you get a MacBook, you must also get AppleCare!!

I've never had any issues with Apple laptops, including a first gen blackbook, but laptops are more prone to faults than desktops.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2007, 02:49 PM   #126
TahoeOG
Major
Rep

yup!... I got my imac because i notice i really don't find the need to to take my couper out of my room. I like it to be in my room.

My girlfriend on the other hand comes over regularly. So she got a laptop, also she's in school.. And when she had her mazda she would take it to the service area and she would have internet connection. now with BMW though no more service... Car has no problems.

Anyway she brings her laptop and we share documents, pictures, etc...
He has had ZERO problems with her laptop. I have had zero problems with my imac.

It's cool. I don't worry about much.. i just get home press the on button and "use" my computer. Check my emails, check for threads that had pics that i couldn't see because of work, etc... Doesn't run slower everyday, i don't have to worry about anything.. i just use my computer, and it gets what i need to be done, DONE.

Like i said my PC ran good. I never realyl had a problem. But with my mac i don't have to keep looking out for it.. It's like my pc (PERSONAL COMPUTER... DOESN'T MEAN WINDWOS, I MEAN PERSONAL COMPUTER(MAC)) grew up and can take care of himself.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2007, 05:12 PM   #127
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
> As do my friends who read it.

There you go again making ludicrous statements.

> I hate the Xbox360

I don't. It's probably one of the best things Microsoft ever made.

Wouldn't buy one because I think a failure rate that's over 10 times higher than the industry standard (by their own admission) is a bit too much of a shafting.

I have an original xbox though, bought it after the last price drop. Don't have many games for it though.

> I will be purchasing a PS3 shortly after rumble comes back.

PS3 is a fantastic machine. Can't fault your decision if you have a HD TV and have forgiven Sony for their rootkit.

> Shows a great form of maturity.

Who wants to grow up? Hell, I've been in puberty for the last 30 years.

> I read that link and it does not talk about Apple and Microsoft specifically.

It's the history of the origin of the Personal Computer. Microsoft didn't have anything to do with that. Apple ignited the Personal Computer revolution but certainly did not start it.

The GUI came much, much later.
I am assuming you are 30 then? Well I really can't believe how you are acting then. Just because an individual may not agree with you thinking you are better than tham is quite amusing.

I also love how you show you can be a normal person when I stated I will purchasing a PS3. You showed you can be normal and mature.

Also, you may think you are better than me over others all you want. Although I am younger than you. I will be the better person and realize I am better than no human being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
Seriously, Dasblitz can't get over the fact that most people are die hard PC users and then they move onto a MAC and love it.

I would rather spend less time maintaining computers because that is what I do at work all day. I have been a die hard PC guy for over 25 years.
LOL, Again there is a select few of you who do not read my post. I am buying a god damn MACBOOK within the coming months. If people want to go from PC to Apple then go ahead.

But what I do not like is people making blank statements about Windows when in other peoples cases it is not true.

Let's see if you will finally read this post and not reply "STOP being a hater, go use your gay windows".
      07-19-2007, 05:15 PM   #128
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
*YAWN*

You are way too emo. I have never called Windows gay, I use Windows as often as anyone else. I just feel for the average end-user in the desktop environment, Mac is a better choice.

Appreciate 0
      07-19-2007, 06:14 PM   #129
TahoeOG
Major
Rep

Smile

Appreciate 0
      07-19-2007, 06:46 PM   #130
ksfrogman
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
So funny, yet so true.
      07-20-2007, 12:54 AM   #131
Max_!
First Lieutenant
Rep

> I am assuming you are 30 then?

Older than that even...

> Just because an individual may not agree with you thinking you are better than tham is quite amusing.

Not quite - your reaction to that is what amuses me...

> You showed you can be normal and mature.

No need to get abusive here...

> I will be the better person and realize I am better than no human being.

Aw, come on. There must be something you're good at? You can write without making a spelling mistake every other word, that's better than most Americans!
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2007, 10:44 PM   #132
TahoeOG
Major
Rep

Mac Rules

No matter which way you want to look at it... Mac is a over all better buy. Period.

Some reasons:

"The Mac is the only computer in the world that can run all the major operating systems, including Mac OS X, Windows XP, and Vista. With software like Parallels Desktop or VMware Fusion you can even run them side by side."

"Mac OS X was designed for high security, so it isn’t plagued by constant attacks from viruses and malware like PCs. Likewise, it isn’t plagued by never-ending security dialog boxes like those in Vista. So you can safely go about your work — or play — without interruption"

"No other operating system, Vista included, offers the rich features and simplicity of Mac OS X. With the new Mac OS X Leopard, the Mac leaps even farther ahead with new features that let you do accomplish more with less effort."

"Just about everything works with Mac — even the stuff you used with your old PC. All you have to do is plug it in. A Mac has USB drivers for printers, external drives, digital cameras, input devices, iPod, and more. It can see Bluetooth cell phones and headsets, as well as FireWire cameras. No rebooting, no hassles."

"Before you can even think about Vista, you’ll likely need a new PC. Or upgrades for memory, hard disk, and graphics card. Why go through all that hassle, when you can just get a Mac?"

"No need to choose from the many (and expensive) flavors of Vista. Every Mac runs the same Mac OS X — with the full set of industry-leading features."

"Most popular applications for Mac and PC use the same file formats, making it simple to exchange documents with friends and coworkers or move existing files from a PC to a Mac."

"How much time have you spent troubleshooting your PC? Imagine a computer designed by people who hate to waste time as much as you do. Where all the hardware and software just works, and works well together. Get a Mac and get your life back."

Taken from http://www.apple.com/getamac/

Ps- There is other sites going MORE into detail as to why a mac is a better purchase than a pc. I'm tired and gotta go to sleep. I know this thread is mad old, but, what the hell... Just thought I might shine some light.

BTW, i don't hate Window's. I just believe we have options. Don't bash unless you really gave other Os a try. If you did and don't find it to your need, then windows is the best Os for you.
Appreciate 0