BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

Closed Thread

10-13-2006, 11:49 AM   #23
obLu
Major
Rep
Drives: 330i 6MT ZSP

Uh ... what everybody's forgetting is that the car companies don't have 100% control of the benefits being offered. It's the insurance companies who don't want to have to cover partners. Last time I looked, insurance companies weren't exactly what you'd call forward thinking. Being progressive doesn't make them money. Being conservative tight-wads does.

I highly doubt same-sex marriage is the root problem. Couples need the piece of legal paper to get benefit coverage. If they'd just do domestic partner, it'd be a non-issue. Actually my company does pay for domestic partner health coverage. I should ask how they get the insurance company to play along?

And remember automotive manufacturers have unions; they determine the health benefit plans correct? If the gay/lesbian (and why do they have to be labelled for chrissakes?) lobby groups want to force change it needs to come at the union level.

Not spending dollars at the retail level might get the job done, but terribly slow. And unless they're very publicly vocal about it, probably completely unnoticed.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2006, 11:51 AM   #24
obLu
Major
Rep
Drives: 330i 6MT ZSP

Quote:
I think that perhaps threads like this are the reason I don't visit E90Fanatics or E46Fanatics anymore.

Guy #1: "Hanz, I know zee window switches have always been next to zee shifter in zee 3er cars, but I think ve should move them to zee door!"
Guy #2: "But zee doors are already designed and ve do not have time to re-design them!"
Guy #1: "Just make it verk or you vill be verking over at VW!"
This coming from a guy that has, "I will fuck you up *****" in his avatar?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2006, 11:56 AM   #25
SE3P_to_E90
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 Msport + E83 Msport

well, being korean myself, Kudos to the West!!

I just have a "bad" experience w/ gays... I came out of a nice dinner w/ my girl from Serendipity73, and we were walking down the block, and I see this raunchy guys eye-ing my girl (or so i thought) and as i walked by, they were like... hey shorty, i can show you what fun is... and that just completely creeped me out...

i had some mass in me at the time, but these "She-men" just... yea, let's leave it at that...

funny, but too creepy for my liking...
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2006, 12:33 PM   #26
SapphireBlackG01
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘18 X3, Formerly ‘06 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE3P_to_E90
well, being korean myself, Kudos to the West!!

I just have a "bad" experience w/ ****... I came out of a nice dinner w/ my girl from Serendipity73, and we were walking down the block, and I see this raunchy guys eye-ing my girl (or so i thought) and as i walked by, they were like... hey shorty, i can show you what fun is... and that just completely creeped me out...

i had some mass in me at the time, but these "She-men" just... yea, let's leave it at that...

funny, but too creepy for my liking...
Oh, come on.

This is like a girl being harassed by a trucker whistling suggestively out his window at her, and then forever hating all men. Grow up.

And unless you enjoy being called a dog-eater or squints or a gook or chink or ching-chong, etc, I wouldn't throw around the word *** too much.
Guy #1: "Hanz, I know zee window switches have always been next to zee shifter in zee 3er cars, but I think ve should move them to zee door!"
Guy #2: "But zee doors are already designed and ve do not have time to re-design them!"
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2006, 12:40 PM   #27
SapphireBlackG01
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by obLu
This coming from a guy that has, "I will fuck you up *****" in his avatar?
The E46fanatics thing and the Guy#1-Guy#2 thing are NOT related.

The E46Fanatics.com thing has a link to a thread entirely dedicated to masturbation.

The Guy#1-Guy#2 thing is a joke that I thought was really funny.

I don't have a problem with "prejudicial" or stereotype jokes, as long as nobody is really serious or acting out on those inaccurate statements.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2006, 12:42 PM   #28
SapphireBlackG01
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by obLu
Uh ... what everybody's forgetting is that the car companies don't have 100% control of the benefits being offered. It's the insurance companies who don't want to have to cover partners. Last time I looked, insurance companies weren't exactly what you'd call forward thinking. Being progressive doesn't make them money. Being conservative tight-wads does.

I highly doubt same-sex marriage is the root problem. Couples need the piece of legal paper to get benefit coverage. If they'd just do domestic partner, it'd be a non-issue. Actually my company does pay for domestic partner health coverage. I should ask how they get the insurance company to play along?

And remember automotive manufacturers have unions; they determine the health benefit plans correct? If the gay/lesbian (and why do they have to be labelled for chrissakes?) lobby groups want to force change it needs to come at the union level.

Not spending dollars at the retail level might get the job done, but terribly slow. And unless they're very publicly vocal about it, probably completely unnoticed.
I agree with the whole labeling thing. Ideally, it would be a non-issue. People are people... the sex of you and/or your partner shouldn't come into play.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2006, 02:01 PM   #29
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

it is not
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread