Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
Random lines
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-24-2021, 06:43 PM   #2905
JP10
Major
JP10's Avatar
1473
Rep
1,021
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Charleston, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
Stopped most supplements and trying to gain muscle the old fashioned way this time around. And so far I feel alot better, just generally speaking. The weights do feel a little heavier, no question about it, but I feel good n strong. Ordered some dip bars so I can do them at home more. Good times.
Supplements aren't needed. Health industry is full of false advertising. I'm a protein only kind of guy, and the only reason is because it's an easy meal replacement.

The stuff that works requires a prescription or it's illegal, that's about all there is to it.

Glad to see you're back after it! I slowed down myself with the wedding and everything that came following. Have been able to get in the gym about 3-4 times a week, but I was a 6-7 days a week guy for what felt like years. Trying to get back to 5x a week currently.
Appreciate 1
      09-25-2021, 11:26 AM   #2906
Oldgixxer
Private First Class
Oldgixxer's Avatar
132
Rep
151
Posts

Drives: nothing fast
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: The Lowcountry,SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
The stuff that works requires a prescription or it's illegal, that's about all there is to it.
TRT is a helluva thing!
__________________
-'22 X3MC,G22 430i vert
-'09 Busa,'05 GSXR-1K(GT28R turbo)'00 Busa(GT3582)
Gone but not forgotten:
-'20 M550i,'18 X2,F30 328xi,'07 E63 AMG (1st W211 63 in the 11s),997 C4S Cab,CLS55 AMG,E55 AMG,C55AMG
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2021, 12:54 PM   #2907
floridaorange
Colonel
floridaorange's Avatar
United_States
2220
Rep
2,379
Posts

Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: orlando, fl

iTrader: (1)

well everyone truly is different my dude — creatine turns me into some kind of manimal… jokes aside - my lifts are heavier and endurance higher and unfortunately i get more temper and short on patience - i know it's joked about on bodybuilding forums - but that stuff is no joke when i take it. I retain and consume a TON of water even off 5 mg's of creatine. No longer serves me to be a gym bro though - which is sad cuz i make a great gym bro :
__________________
Stage 2 BM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 1
JP101472.50
      09-27-2021, 08:32 AM   #2908
heitzke
Private First Class
heitzke's Avatar
118
Rep
131
Posts

Drives: '15 M4 base, '91 Miata
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Nashville

iTrader: (0)

Well, meet didn't go as expected but finished 5/9 lifts and totaled a 1325.1 at 194lbs. Not my best performance but so it goes.

They REALLY messed us up on squats and used a 55lb bar and went back and adjusted weights up AFTER. That made my opener a 467, and then my second a 495. I had a 485 in my, which was the attempt I selected, but failed a 495 twice, sticking about midway through the lift.

Deadlift was fuckin moving, ripped a 530 open, then 551 moved like nothing so I jumped to 572 and got stuck at lockout. Need to work on some hip drive movements and i'll definitely pull a 600 this year.

Finished with:
467 squat
308 bench
551 deadlift

I DID win the 90kg open class though, so there's that. Not bad for being 35 and should be competing in sub-masters.
__________________
'15 MWM M4 6mt - | SSR crank hub | Bend Calibration F8X Ultimate flex fuel kit | BM3 w/ Bend Calibration flex fuel tune | Spec twin-disc | VRSF dp/mid-pipe | 19x9.5/10.5" TE37SL
'91 NA Miata | 16x9.5" CCW LM5T | Bunch 'o suspension stuff
Appreciate 3
Oldgixxer132.00
JP101472.50
      09-27-2021, 08:34 AM   #2909
Oldgixxer
Private First Class
Oldgixxer's Avatar
132
Rep
151
Posts

Drives: nothing fast
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: The Lowcountry,SC

iTrader: (0)

Excellent numbers!!!!! Congrats
__________________
-'22 X3MC,G22 430i vert
-'09 Busa,'05 GSXR-1K(GT28R turbo)'00 Busa(GT3582)
Gone but not forgotten:
-'20 M550i,'18 X2,F30 328xi,'07 E63 AMG (1st W211 63 in the 11s),997 C4S Cab,CLS55 AMG,E55 AMG,C55AMG
Appreciate 1
heitzke118.00
      09-27-2021, 08:49 AM   #2910
heitzke
Private First Class
heitzke's Avatar
118
Rep
131
Posts

Drives: '15 M4 base, '91 Miata
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Nashville

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgixxer View Post
Excellent numbers!!!!! Congrats
Thanks! Onward and upward I guess. Next meet prep will go a little better and hopefully be healthier to break some TN sub-masters records.

The USPA squat record for my class is fairly light and should have had it this meet considering i've smoked 500's in the gym many times.
__________________
'15 MWM M4 6mt - | SSR crank hub | Bend Calibration F8X Ultimate flex fuel kit | BM3 w/ Bend Calibration flex fuel tune | Spec twin-disc | VRSF dp/mid-pipe | 19x9.5/10.5" TE37SL
'91 NA Miata | 16x9.5" CCW LM5T | Bunch 'o suspension stuff
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 12:14 PM   #2911
JP10
Major
JP10's Avatar
1473
Rep
1,021
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Charleston, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
well everyone truly is different my dude — creatine turns me into some kind of manimal… jokes aside - my lifts are heavier and endurance higher and unfortunately i get more temper and short on patience - i know it's joked about on bodybuilding forums - but that stuff is no joke when i take it. I retain and consume a TON of water even off 5 mg's of creatine. No longer serves me to be a gym bro though - which is sad cuz i make a great gym bro :
Oh for sure, I would hold a ton of water on creatine - too much in my opinion hence why i don't take it hahaha. I used it in the past a ton, to the point where I think my body got use to it. Then I got off for about 2 years. I wanted to try using it again maybe a few months ago and I went up 10lbs in a week then kicked it because I was a balloon lmao. I'm just at the point where I'd rather be lean then huge. Unfortunately this is work driven to an extent - work attire and suites.
Appreciate 1
      09-27-2021, 12:18 PM   #2912
JP10
Major
JP10's Avatar
1473
Rep
1,021
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Charleston, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgixxer View Post
TRT is a helluva thing!
That it is, especially if you have the right doc lol!

I've done a ton of research, once I am through having kids I plan to run it if my lifting passion still persists - were talking like 10-15yrs in the future. Testosterone panels should be required for males once you get into your 40s, having low T is not a good thing and getting those numbers back into proper range (or well above for us deviants) should be talked about more - just my opinion. Why be tired and start to development moobs when there is a relatively low risk (at low doses) fix to the issue.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 12:26 PM   #2913
SpartanGA
Captain
SpartanGA's Avatar
United_States
83
Rep
623
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW M4 Comp F83
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
That it is, especially if you have the right doc lol!

I've done a ton of research, once I am through having kids I plan to run it if my lifting passion still persists - were talking like 10-15yrs in the future. Testosterone panels should be required for males once you get into your 40s, having low T is not a good thing and getting those numbers back into proper range (or well above for us deviants) should be talked about more - just my opinion. Why be tired and start to develop moobs when there is a relatively low risk (at low doses) fix to the issue.
Lifting or not, TRT is an excellent idea. I was close to the minimum of 300 and now hover in the 800-900 range. I don't get the anger issues (I think this is more indicative of your personality with or without the T) Hormone balance is crucial as you age. You will continue to look younger and keep a higher metabolism plus gym is easier.

Maybe a DECA prescription could help too.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 02:40 PM   #2914
floridaorange
Colonel
floridaorange's Avatar
United_States
2220
Rep
2,379
Posts

Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: orlando, fl

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heitzke View Post
Well, meet didn't go as expected but finished 5/9 lifts and totaled a 1325.1 at 194lbs. Not my best performance but so it goes.

They REALLY messed us up on squats and used a 55lb bar and went back and adjusted weights up AFTER. That made my opener a 467, and then my second a 495. I had a 485 in my, which was the attempt I selected, but failed a 495 twice, sticking about midway through the lift.

Deadlift was fuckin moving, ripped a 530 open, then 551 moved like nothing so I jumped to 572 and got stuck at lockout. Need to work on some hip drive movements and i'll definitely pull a 600 this year.

Finished with:
467 squat
308 bench
551 deadlift

I DID win the 90kg open class though, so there's that. Not bad for being 35 and should be competing in sub-masters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heitzke View Post
Well, meet didn't go as expected but finished 5/9 lifts and totaled a 1325.1 at 194lbs. Not my best performance but so it goes.

They REALLY messed us up on squats and used a 55lb bar and went back and adjusted weights up AFTER. That made my opener a 467, and then my second a 495. I had a 485 in my, which was the attempt I selected, but failed a 495 twice, sticking about midway through the lift.

Deadlift was fuckin moving, ripped a 530 open, then 551 moved like nothing so I jumped to 572 and got stuck at lockout. Need to work on some hip drive movements and i'll definitely pull a 600 this year.

Finished with:
467 squat
308 bench
551 deadlift

I DID win the 90kg open class though, so there's that. Not bad for being 35 and should be competing in sub-masters.
May I ask your height? Nice work - very solid!
__________________
Stage 2 BM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 04:00 PM   #2915
heitzke
Private First Class
heitzke's Avatar
118
Rep
131
Posts

Drives: '15 M4 base, '91 Miata
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Nashville

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
May I ask your height? Nice work - very solid!
Yeah totally, i'm 5'8". Long arms are a huge hindrance on bench but work well for a deadlift
__________________
'15 MWM M4 6mt - | SSR crank hub | Bend Calibration F8X Ultimate flex fuel kit | BM3 w/ Bend Calibration flex fuel tune | Spec twin-disc | VRSF dp/mid-pipe | 19x9.5/10.5" TE37SL
'91 NA Miata | 16x9.5" CCW LM5T | Bunch 'o suspension stuff
Appreciate 1
      09-28-2021, 08:42 AM   #2916
heitzke
Private First Class
heitzke's Avatar
118
Rep
131
Posts

Drives: '15 M4 base, '91 Miata
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Nashville

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanGA View Post
Lifting or not, TRT is an excellent idea. I was close to the minimum of 300 and now hover in the 800-900 range. I don't get the anger issues (I think this is more indicative of your personality with or without the T) Hormone balance is crucial as you age. You will continue to look younger and keep a higher metabolism plus gym is easier.

Maybe a DECA prescription could help too.
Also hard agree here. I've been on TRT for ~7yrs now and it really changed things for me. When I went to get my levels checked mine was like... 90 (seriously) and I was 28. I was tired all the time, gym was a grind for a inch of progress.

I split a test e dose 2x a week and it's been much better since. Giving myself shots forever isn't my favorite activity, but it's better than the alternative for me.
__________________
'15 MWM M4 6mt - | SSR crank hub | Bend Calibration F8X Ultimate flex fuel kit | BM3 w/ Bend Calibration flex fuel tune | Spec twin-disc | VRSF dp/mid-pipe | 19x9.5/10.5" TE37SL
'91 NA Miata | 16x9.5" CCW LM5T | Bunch 'o suspension stuff
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2021, 11:17 AM   #2917
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
12356
Rep
8,924
Posts

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

I went on a 7-day cruise to Alaska, and they had a gym on board. I haven't been inside one since last November?

Anyways, I started doing 2-a-days, actually pulled it off 3 of 7. Now I'm back home and gots da itch BAD. I gotta put aside my hatred of DRIVING to a gym, and get back into one, somewhere.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2021, 08:20 AM   #2918
floridaorange
Colonel
floridaorange's Avatar
United_States
2220
Rep
2,379
Posts

Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: orlando, fl

iTrader: (1)

Been adding more cardio and feeling overall stronger as a result - had been neglecting my runner self for too long. Now the goal is to not overdo it.
__________________
Stage 2 BM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2021, 09:25 AM   #2919
Oldgixxer
Private First Class
Oldgixxer's Avatar
132
Rep
151
Posts

Drives: nothing fast
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: The Lowcountry,SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
Been adding more cardio and feeling overall stronger as a result - had been neglecting my runner self for too long. Now the goal is to not overdo it.
Good for you! What type of cardio and frequency? I've been lazy lately and have been neglecting the cardio
__________________
-'22 X3MC,G22 430i vert
-'09 Busa,'05 GSXR-1K(GT28R turbo)'00 Busa(GT3582)
Gone but not forgotten:
-'20 M550i,'18 X2,F30 328xi,'07 E63 AMG (1st W211 63 in the 11s),997 C4S Cab,CLS55 AMG,E55 AMG,C55AMG
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2021, 02:34 PM   #2920
floridaorange
Colonel
floridaorange's Avatar
United_States
2220
Rep
2,379
Posts

Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: orlando, fl

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgixxer View Post
Good for you! What type of cardio and frequency? I've been lazy lately and have been neglecting the cardio
For the past couple yrs most my cardio has been HIIT and running in place between different exercises at home ... like high knees running in place.

I thought running was going to make me lose too much weight, and it might eventually if I overdo it. Since then I've added more calories to my diet and now I think I'm at a good balancing point for being able to run without loosing the hard earned muscle.

Anyway, lately I have been running to the park, about a mile then at the park doing some pullups, dips, and body weight rows using the parallel bars. Then running home. So 2 miles, 3 days a week. Nothing crazy or exhausting. I feel overall healthier, more energy, more alert, less drowsy during day, etc. I bought a good running shoe and that has helped motivate me as well.

I should also mention I use an airdyne stationary bike when I want to switch it up. Alternating cycling & running is more fun than I anticipated.
__________________
Stage 2 BM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 1
Oldgixxer132.00
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:45 AM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST