BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW i8 Forums BMW i8 General Discussion

07-09-2018, 06:51 PM   #1
cooks02
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: I8 and M4GTS

Completed Euro Delivery On The New i8 Roadster

It has been a dream of mine to do Euro Delivery and my wife and I just completed this dream in early June.
I had a 2014 i8 Coupe ( second one in Michigan ) and put over 20,000 miles on it as a Daily Driver. I loved the car but always felt the interior wasn't quite as
" polished " as it should have been and being one of the very first cars it didn't even have Comfort Access! Any way, no matter. Having one of the very first cars was a dream and I truly enjoyed EVERY drive!

Now comparing to the Roadster BMW has knocked it out of the park! After driving this car through Germany and Austria putting on 960 km I noticed a MUCH improved ride and MAJOR upgrade to the interior. Most of the driving was done with the top down ( even on the Silvretta High Road with snow still in places ) it was an absolute joy!!! The car sounds awesome and handles tight. The trip is filled with so many memories and special moments, too many to tell, but I will encourage anyone and everyone to take the plunge and GET IT!

I thank BMW for this Dream Come True and very special car! It has just arrived in port on July 6th ( incredibly quick I might add! THANK YOU AGAIN BMW ) and I am counting the hours to be reunited with it!

I would like to share some pictures but am not sure how? Sorry!

Last edited by cooks02; 07-09-2018 at 07:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2018, 08:14 AM   #2
evanevery
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: iXM60, i8 Rdstr, M4, i7 M70

Its great to see someone share such great experiences with their car (any car)!

I'm doing the ED of my Roadster at the end of July and look forward to driving the Alpenstrasse as well as a trip to the Ring for a 2-Day driving event (NOT in my i8).

Last edited by evanevery; 07-10-2018 at 09:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2018, 02:53 PM   #3
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

OMG!! PHOTOS!! Choose the 'Go Advanced' button below in your quick reply box, then 'manage attachments' button, then load photo files with 'choose file' and send! files need to be reasonable size.
Appreciate 0