BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW i8 Forums BMW i8 General Discussion

07-05-2018, 01:53 PM   #1
evanevery
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: iXM60, i8 Rdstr, M4, i7 M70

i8 Trunk Storage

Getting ready for my ED of the Roadster at the end of the month. I know I'm gonna have to split my bags to fit in the i8.

I examined the trunk space of a vehicle at the dealer and I noted that there was a little divider on the right side of the trunk cavity. It didn't seem to want to come out to leave one big space... (I wan't going to try and force it)

Anyone know if the space divider in the trunk of the 2019 i8 can be removed?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2018, 11:53 AM   #2
bcroadster
Canada
Rep
Drives: I8

yes it can, so can the dividers behind the seat
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2018, 12:39 PM   #3
evanevery
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Thanks! How do they come out. I must have missed that. I tugged on them but didn't want to break anything. Do they just "pop" out?

I didn't see any dividers behind the seat (on the shelf) so they must have already been removed...

BTW: Those two grills on the shelf...are they speaker faces or just "vents" for speakers (woofers?) that fire towards the underside of the seats? (Just wondering how much the sound will suffer if the shelf behind the seat is loaded to cover those grills...)
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2018, 04:52 PM   #4
bcroadster
Canada
Rep
Drives: I8

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanevery View Post
Thanks! How do they come out. I must have missed that. I tugged on them but didn't want to break anything. Do they just "pop" out?

I didn't see any dividers behind the seat (on the shelf) so they must have already been removed...

BTW: Those two grills on the shelf...are they speaker faces or just "vents" for speakers (woofers?) that fire towards the underside of the seats? (Just wondering how much the sound will suffer if the shelf behind the seat is loaded to cover those grills...)
Yes they just pop out.

They are speaker vents ,they have cleverly put extra vents that direct the sound to the backseat when the speaker vents in luggage are obstructed.Id post pic but I can't seem to up load pics ,
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2018, 05:09 PM   #5
evanevery
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Thanks,

No worries about the photos. I remember seeing the grills on the shelf and then the speaker vents behind the seats.

I expect, however, that they work together. Covering one or the other will probably reduce the effectiveness of the speakers. Its likely the grills service one side of a speaker while the vents service the other side. I'm also guessing they are woofers or sub-woofers...
Appreciate 0