Drives: Race car->

Appreciate 0
      09-10-2015, 08:39 PM   #135
HFW003
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2024 M340i xdrive

That drive for the second TD was too easy!

Pats looking too smart so far, early days though.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2015, 08:42 PM   #136
infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: (17 X5M)gone 2018M3CS HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFW003 View Post
That drive was too easy!

Pats looking too smart so far, early days though.
you like american football ? or are you an American in the land down under....go all blacks
      09-10-2015, 09:10 PM   #137
HFW003
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousdiz View Post
you like american football ? or are you an American in the land down under....go all blacks
What's this all black's shit first off?

No, I am 100% Ossie but am a great fan of both NFL and Baseball, sorry can't stand basketball though.

Was lucky enough to go to a game a Fenway last year, unfortunately it was just before pre season games so I couldn't get to see the Pats play.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2015, 09:12 PM   #138
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

i'm calling mike tomlin to tell him gronk and edleman are in fact playing tonight and someone should cover them
Appreciate 2
      09-10-2015, 09:13 PM   #139
HFW003
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
i'm calling mike tomlin to tell him gronk and edleman are in fact playing tonight and someone should cover them
Yes, Steelers seem to be leaving them alone. Fark knows why you would do that
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2015, 09:21 PM   #140
808@702
8th BMW, 520th Surfboard
Rep
Drives: My girlfriends crazy!

New England Fakeriots
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2015, 09:22 PM   #141
infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
The more you know.... dam... that PSI must be fucken near zero..
      09-10-2015, 09:28 PM   #142
infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808@702 View Post
New England Fakeriots
yes yes

09-11-2015, 02:23 AM   #143
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
When does he take 2 balls to the chin.
Every night, after putting his kids to sleep, Brady sneaks out and goes to Edelmans house for some "one-on-one" playbook reviews in the hot tub
Appreciate 2
      09-11-2015, 08:54 AM   #144
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

That explains why they are in synch and how Edelman has the 6th sense to know when brady's balls are going at him.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2015, 12:45 PM   #145
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
That explains why they are in synch and how Edelman has the 6th sense to know when brady's balls are going at him.
Yeah, straight into his hands.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2015, 02:26 PM   #146
808@702
8th BMW, 520th Surfboard
Rep

Quote:
yes yes

Just admit it they cheated
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2015, 02:40 PM   #147
infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808@702 View Post
Just admit it they cheated
Tom could come clean and say he cheater I would probley still defend him, I am that big of a fan boy. Rightfully so if one man brought so much joy to your life for the last 14 years (knowing every NFL season there is a high percentage your team can win it all....Again)
      09-14-2015, 04:04 PM   #148
808@702
8th BMW, 520th Surfboard
Rep

Quote:
Tom could come clean and say he cheater I would probley still defend him, I am that big of a fan boy. Rightfully so if one man brought so much joy to your life for the last 14 years (knowing every NFL season there is a high percentage your team can win it all....Again)
Good points, my bro in law is from Boston and he feels the same way you do
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2015, 04:21 PM   #149
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

Jets in first. J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!!!
Appreciate 1
      09-16-2015, 08:42 AM   #150
infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
What Mr. Brady provided was a log/listing of messages, not the messages themselves, not the content. I know you have to see as shady the pattern of behavior and the convenient circumstances surrounding Mr. Brady's text messages.

Put yourself in the shoes of someone trying to get to the bottom of something. Put yourself in the shoes of someone who is well aware that they will be among the key individuals from whom historic details will be sought.

Ethically speaking:
  • As the former party, would you not see the latter individual's destroying a key item just before the meeting to question the latter party as duplicitous?
  • As the latter party, and having knowledge before one's specific meeting with investigators that they'd want content from an item one possess, would you destroy that item if you knew it contained no "incriminating" info? Would you hang on to it and work with investigators to find a way to share the the relevant content while preserving one's privacy re: non-work-related content? Would you make nothing available to the investigators, and only make anything available when one launches one's own appeal after investigators make a decision that is unfavorable to oneself?
Once again, specific guilt or innocence re: inflating the balls isn't the crux of what irks me about Mr. Brady and his comportment in the deflategate matter. What bothers me and what I have zero tolerance for is the appearance of impropriety that Mr. Brady surrounded himself with and used to create doubt, doubt that favored his position, rather than "from square one" doing everything possible to avoid creating or not reducing the element of doubt.

I'm sorry, but that's not how I was raised. It's not how I raised my kids. It's not what I expect of professionals. And it's certainly not what I expect of someone who's done no wrong and who could all but instantly show that to be so well before a formal investigation begins.

In my opinion, Mr. Brady should have from damn near "day one" (the day of or day after the AFC Championship game) simply removed himself from contemplation as a participant in the under inflation by going to the relevant officials and saying, "Here. Let me show you my texts/emails so you can see I was in no way involved." That quite simply is not what he did, and that is the problem I have with Mr. Brady. (Alternatively, and if it were the case, he could also have said, "Yes, I was aware the handlers had toyed with the idea of under inflating the balls, but as you can see, I discouraged them from doing so (or whatever it is he did do were he aware of what they were considering.")

If you look at my various comments in this and at least one other thread, you'll see that I've never been particularly concerned or distraught over the actual under inflation or who was party to it. My issue has been, and remains, the apparent lack of ethical, "in good faith" if you will, behavior displayed by Mr. Brady.

Why don't I care about the actual under inflation and its direct game-related consequences? Mainly because there's not ever been much doubt in my mind that hijinks like that occur, or at least happen. What goes through my mind is that even though it may happen, it's against the rules, and as such, in making it happen or ignoring that it has happened, one is knowingly taking a risk of not getting caught and (hopefully) benefiting from it's incidence. What that means is that if one gets caught, the right thing to do is just "come clean" about it to whatever is the most comprehensive extent one can.

As many folks have noted, the act itself was (1) minor and (2) devoid of game-play outcomes. The whole damn matter should never have gotten past an internal "discovery" meeting between Pats team personnel and the NFL. Such a meeting, with all parties truthfully and comprehensively disclosing the full extent of their roles should have been sufficient to preempt a full blown investigation such as that which we've seen drug through the news.

Mr. Brady's stonewalling actions were instrumental in making the thing go well beyond that. The man is clearly viewed by many as a role model and as such, his onus is to behave to an even higher standard of ethical conduct than are most folks. And pitifully, he just didn't.

All the best.

P.S.
I don't actually even care whether Mr. Brady was involved or not involved. As I've said, I am miffed over how he handled the matter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
He's not mobile. His long ball sucks, he has always had the best O line. Give him an average of line and he'd look average.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
You would gargle his balls if he played for your team.
This one is for you TONY20009

09-16-2015, 03:08 PM   #151
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
This one is for you TONY20009

[video deleted]
Well, thank you for that. Do you have any comments to make, or videos to share, regarding the central point I've been making throughout this thread?

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2015, 03:41 PM   #152
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

He just put pro trump stickers on his locker. First thing he's done I respect.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2015, 08:47 AM   #153
infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
Well, thank you for that. Do you have any comments to make, or videos to share, regarding the central point I've been making throughout this thread?

All the best.
Yes, the NFL lied, manipulated results and leak media detail to slander Tommy and the pasties. you want him to act a certain way but we as mortal citizens will never understand and grasp what he went through. (I have a similar story where the state trumped up some charges against my wife that were very serious and when they wanted her a take a deal....Lawyer up..... 25k later free and clear but the ordeal took its toll and ruined vacations/sleep/mood and other stress related illness. Alot of crying but the worst part is that allegations were totally false but the state offered deals all along the way but to court we went.) Its easy to Monday morning this debacle but I am glad it worked out for the best maybe down the road there will be a tell all but I stand and believe tom
      09-17-2015, 12:31 PM   #154
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Yes, the NFL lied, manipulated results and leak media detail to slander Tommy and the pasties. you want him to act a certain way but we as mortal citizens will never understand and grasp what he went through. ... Its easy to Monday morning this debacle but I am glad it worked out for the best maybe down the road there will be a tell all but I stand and believe tom
Well, you're right about that. I absolutely did and do. I wanted Mr. Brady to behave ethically and just produce the information requested at the earliest possible instance. He didn't and that resulted in creating the appearance of impropriety. That appearance doesn't in any way correspond to what I consider to be the "highest ethical standards," which is what Mr. Brady signed an agreement to uphold, and it's certainly not the best standard of conduct to portray to millions of fans who view Mr. Brady as a role model.

The fact is that Mr. Brady could have removed himself from the entire controversy well before the Wells commission began any investigation. The Wells people may have had to investigate other Patriots' personnel, but as the whole element of controversy surrounding Mr. Brady had to do with whether he was aware of or perhaps conspired in the deflation rather than whether he performed it, a small bit of disclosure would have all but eliminated the absolutely silly public controversy it created and that was focused almost exclusively on Mr. Brady.

I don't know about you, and I suspect the events you mentioned re: yourself and your wife took place in a far more private way than did the circumstances of Deflategate, but were my reputation called into question I would move with all deliberate haste and without prodding to show that whatever may appear to be so isn't and that my integrity is beyond reproach. I would do that as the private citizen I am and I'd move even more preemptively to do so were the controversy happening in the public arena. What would I possibly and positively gain by playing "hold out" as Mr. Brady did? That tack fosters controversy and doubt rather than eliminating or minimizing them.

I'm sure there are complications inextricably linked to one's being a very public figure and living to the standard I have outlined, but then with high positions like Mr. Brady's come high expectations and obligations. As far as I'm concerned, Mr. Brady didn't embrace them. He surely is economically worth the millions he earns as a player. As a gentleman of high ethical character, he's got some development needs.

Lastly, so-so ethical character is something we see in many of our role models and leaders, so Mr. Brady's intransigence wasn't surprising. It was just disappointing to see, just as, say, MLK or JFK's ethical transgressions were saddening. I expected better of all three of them.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed

Last edited by tony20009; 09-22-2015 at 11:33 AM.. Reason: typo: put "is something" in place of "isn't something" in the 1st sentence of the final paragraph
Appreciate 1