Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW i4 Forum - i430, i440 (G26) EV Forum BMW i4 Forum - M50, eDrive40, eDrive35 (G26) EV Forum

03-08-2024, 12:28 PM   #1
DBinOH
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5; 2016 M235i Conv. 6MT

Garage List
Heat loss at low battery level

Hi all, I just did my first long road-trip in my i4. While it went ok, I noticed something a bit alarming. As I got down around 20-25% battery, the climate control started to only blow cool air, even when I turned up the temperature. Is that something I should have expected? Is it a result of the battery preconditioning for the fast charger? Or is it potentially a coolant issue?

(Sidenote: I had the coolant changeover valve issue, but have already received a new valve.)
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2024, 07:27 PM   #2
note46
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M Coupe, 328d SW, i4

I posted an answer in the other forums. For my car, I can get heat down to 10% soc (probably lower but never have I gone lower so I don't know). Also the mode the car was in also affects this, Eco Pro vs Comfort/Sports. Other wise, there have been multiple people who had the coolant valve changed, have the heater fail shortly afterwards so if it continues, I would take it back to the dealer.
Appreciate 1