BMW i
Forum for the BMW i3, i4 and i8
BMW i3 BMW i8
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BMW i Forums > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

01-14-2019, 04:35 PM   #353
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
I'll give you that there is some of that, but it is mostly how the negotiation is going down. Trump want s the wall and in return he will give the Dems DACA, but also give up nearly all legal immigration as well. If you don't believe dig for the actual things that are on the table for a lot of these negotiations/bills that tend to overlap.

So wirth that in mind, how do you think it would go down if Pelosi/Schumer said hey Don we'll give you the wall and all the money you want for it plus end most immigration like you want if you give us DACA and real gun control that we want. How do you think that would go down?

Also, if he calls a National Emergency for this, just wait for a Dem Pres to do it for gun control. You guys will really be shitting your pants/foaming at the mouth then.
A dem president would be stupid to do that as it would possibly trigger a major uprising.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 04:52 PM   #354
dsad1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
You can't have your cake and eat it to. Sorry.

I think you should "sponsor" some illegals. I'm sure they would love it at your place.
I don't see how it benefits us to kick out the hard working individuals instead of finding a way to make them legal. I do very much support deporting people that are committing crimes or trying to take advantage of the system.
Appreciate 2
minn196287.50
Jockey2078.50

01-14-2019, 04:55 PM   #355
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
I keep thinking this is what this thread is about. They did the wall much better than Trump.
Attached Images

minn196287.50
UncleWede8828.00

01-14-2019, 04:57 PM   #356
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
Quote:
You can't have your cake and eat it to. Sorry.

I think you should "sponsor" some illegals. I'm sure they would love it at your place.
I don't see how it benefits us to kick out the hard working individuals instead of finding a way to make them legal. I do very much support deporting people that are committing crimes or trying to take advantage of the system.
Because they are here ILLEGALLY. You gotta stop with the liberal FEELZ. That's how logic goes out the window.

They are taking Americans jobs, costing taxpayers countless billions a year, the list goes on and on.

Seriously start sponsoring them. You obviously Feelz bad for them. Step up but don't ask/force the rest of us to do the same.
Current Stable: '19 X3 (Wifey) '20 ZCP M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 04:58 PM   #357
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Both sides might not like my thoughts on this, but I am not really for kicking out the hard working illegal. I would rather find a way to make them legal as long as they are not in "default".

The problem with this is people like my wife who came here legally and is in process of applying for citizenship currently.

Do you want to be the one to tell her that even though she worked her rear end off to get accepted into a program that got her here on a visa and even though she spent $10,000+ getting all the paperwork and legal issues sorted to get a green card and even though she went through all the hassles of the current citizenship process, all the atty fees, all the flights to Memphis, etc - that someone who walked across the border and broke the law should have citizenship too?

Now multiply that by the hundreds of thousands of others who did it the right way. If you were one of them, how pissed off do you think you would be to be told that those who broke the law get citizenship before you?
minn196287.50
glennQNYC6331.50

01-14-2019, 04:58 PM   #358
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
Rep

America can't save the world nor should we even try

For your enjoyment

Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 04:59 PM   #359
dsad1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Because they are here ILLEGALLY. You gotta stop with the liberal FEELZ. That's how logic goes out the window.

They are taking Americans jobs, costing taxpayers countless billions a year, the list goes on and on.

Seriously start sponsoring them. You obviously Feelz bad for them. Step up but don't ask/force the rest of us to do the same.
They wouldn't be costing taxpayers billions if you made them legal. They would be adding to the tax dollars.

I am also not sold that they are taking that many American jobs. They are taking jobs that Americans refuse to do well.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 05:00 PM   #360
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by usshelena725 View Post
Quote:
Both sides might not like my thoughts on this, but I am not really for kicking out the hard working illegal. I would rather find a way to make them legal as long as they are not in "default".

The problem with this is people like my wife who came here legally and is in process of applying for citizenship currently.

Do you want to be the one to tell her that even though she worked her rear end off to get accepted into a program that got her here on a visa and even though she spent $10,000+ getting all the paperwork and legal issues sorted to get a green card and even though she went through all the hassles of the current citizenship process, all the atty fees, all the flights to Memphis, etc - that someone who walked across the border and broke the law should have citizenship too?

Now multiply that by the hundreds of thousands of others who did it the right way. If you were one of them, how pissed off do you think you would be to be told that those who broke the law get citizenship before you?
Exactly.

You win the internet today.
Appreciate 2
Run Silent12767.50
SakhirM49870.50

01-14-2019, 05:01 PM   #361
dsad1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:

Would it be okay if we charged them then? Either they pay, or they do enough community service over their lives to make up for it, or both.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 05:03 PM   #362
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

They wouldn't be costing taxpayers billions if you made them legal. They would be adding to the tax dollars.

I am also not sold that they are taking that many American jobs. They are taking jobs that Americans refuse to do well.
That's the liberal farce your buying hook line and sinker. Americans don't wanna work. Paaalease

We are a county of laws. Period.
Appreciate 1
glennQNYC6331.50

01-14-2019, 05:04 PM   #363
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Would it be okay if we charged them then? Either they pay, or they do enough community service over their lives to make up for it, or both.
Dude. If that's your solution. I feel bad for you on many levels
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 05:05 PM   #364
dsad1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
That's the liberal farce your buying hook line and sinker. Americans don't wanna work. Paaalease

Stop me if I am out of line, but do you not complain about the typical liberal not wanting to work and live off the rest of us for free?
Appreciate 1
Jockey2078.50

01-14-2019, 05:07 PM   #365
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Stop me if I am out of line, but do you not complain about the typical liberal not wanting to work and live off the rest of us for free?
There not liberals just leeches voting for whomever will give them more free shit. I think we are getting off topic here. Let's get back on track

Plus I'm sitting in LGA in NY delayed. Totally not helping my mood. This airport is the worst America has to offer
Appreciate 2
Delta03117377.00
dsad1858.50

01-14-2019, 05:17 PM   #366
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
No - because they still got to go ahead of my wife. I have spelled out my immigration reform plan before in previous posts - you are welcome to look it up and I stand by it.

In summation, it is basically a four part plan that must be instituted in order.

1) Lock down the border and other points of entry, which includes building a barrier, fence, or wall as well as massively increasing funding to DHS to increase the amount of officers we have at the border to man it properly. In addition, massively crack down on any visa overstays immediately.

2) Massively revamp our current immigration program to make it much easier to immigrate and become a citizen for those we as a country believe will benefit the USA.

3) Create a pathway for citizenship to those here in the country illegally that puts them at the back of the line from those who came here the right way. This pathway must include registering with INS and getting some sort of identification card that includes a background check to ensure you are not a criminal. You then receive a temporary special visa to work here while waiting on citizenship.

4) Anyone who does not register to become a legal citizen and is caught in this country illegally from that point on is harshly punished with prison time and then forcibly removed from the country and banned from ever entering again.
xQx861.50
arkie6353.00

01-14-2019, 05:19 PM   #367
dsad1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
No - because they still got to go ahead of my wife. I have spelled out my immigration reform plan before in previous posts - you are welcome to look it up and I stand by it.

In summation, it is basically a four part plan that must be instituted in order.

1) Lock down the border and other points of entry, which includes building a barrier, fence, or wall as well as massively increasing funding to DHS to increase the amount of officers we have at the border to man it properly. In addition, massively crack down on any visa overstays immediately.

2) Massively revamp our current immigration program to make it much easier to immigrate and become a citizen for those we as a country believe will benefit the USA.

3) Create a pathway for citizenship to those here in the country illegally that puts them at the back of the line from those who came here the right way. This pathway must include registering with INS and getting some sort of identification card that includes a background check to ensure you are not a criminal. You then receive a temporary special visa to work here while waiting on citizenship.

4) Anyone who does not register to become a legal citizen and is caught in this country illegally from that point on is harshly punished with prison time and then forcibly removed from the country and banned from ever entering again.

I am completely fine with this, you just got into more detail. But you are still making the illegals that are already here legal. I am also not saying they need to get citizenship, they can be legal without being a citizen.
Appreciate 2
minn196287.50

01-14-2019, 05:34 PM   #368
Jockey
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 SS/SS M3

Quote:
Quote:

Not refusing to do well, refusing to do period.

Let's face, we feel entitled in this country.

Can anyone honestly tell me that Americans will be lining up to work the farms in 100 heat in the Central Valley for minimum wage?
Appreciate 1
minn196287.50

01-14-2019, 05:42 PM   #369
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

I was born in DC.
I've picked fruit in Oregon and California.
I've worked on a dairy farm in Iowa
I did all this while going to school and getting an education
IF the labor rate were above minimum, and I actually got paid for the work I did, I might even consider going back to the fields.

My son never worked in agriculture fields, but I made damn sure he worked on his baseball and soccer fields growing up. To put in his head that working hard, and getting dirty wasn't some sort of thing that was "below" him.

He spent 2+ years looking for all the jobs in sales/retail/restaurants. Even when I tried to pull some strings, he never got in, despite all his cousins who were working putting in a good word too.

FINALLY, after the recent tax break for small businesses, my father hired him to be his paralegal.
Appreciate 5
Jockey2078.50
minn196287.50
dsad1858.50
MKSixer18129.00

01-14-2019, 05:59 PM   #370
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 F150, 19 M550 19 ZL1 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I was born in DC.
I've picked fruit in Oregon and California.
I've worked on a dairy farm in Iowa
I did all this while going to school and getting an education
IF the labor rate were above minimum, and I actually got paid for the work I did, I might even consider going back to the fields.

My son never worked in agriculture fields, but I made damn sure he worked on his baseball and soccer fields growing up. To put in his head that working hard, and getting dirty wasn't some sort of thing that was "below" him.

He spent 2+ years looking for all the jobs in sales/retail/restaurants. Even when I tried to pull some strings, he never got in, despite all his cousins who were working putting in a good word too.

FINALLY, after the recent tax break for small businesses, my father hired him to be his paralegal.
I spent a couple of hotter than shit winters and colder than shit winters working on dairy farms. Most kids/young adults I’ve talked to about it in different conversations when stuff like that comes up can’t fathom doing that kind of work. Nor riding a bike early in the morning delivering papers before school in junior high.
Appreciate 2
dsad1858.50
3.0L1291.00

01-14-2019, 06:08 PM   #371
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 F150, 19 M550 19 ZL1 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
A dem president would be stupid to do that as it would possibly trigger a major uprising.
I figured most of that post would go over your head. I’ll dumb it down for you. Trump is asking for too much all at once. If he said Wall for DACA straight up he would have it.

Also, no there wouldn’t be. 97% of the population would go on with their lives and you’d have the usual 3% that are nuts regardless. Even poor US citizens are too well off to put their life on the line for anything like that, besides being to lazy/fat to do anything about it.

If Trump sets the precedent with a National Emergency stunt you can bet a Dem Pres will pull something similar the righties won’t like.
Appreciate 2
Run Silent12767.50
3.0L1291.00

01-14-2019, 06:14 PM   #372
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I figured most of that post would go over your head. I’ll dumb it down for you. Trump is asking for too much all at once. If he said Wall for DACA straight up he would have it.

Also, no there wouldn’t be. 97% of the population would go on with their lives and you’d have the usual 3% that are nuts regardless. Even poor US citizens are too well off to put their life on the line for anything like that, besides being to lazy/fat to do anything about it.

If Trump sets the precedent with a National Emergency stunt you can bet a Dem Pres will pull something similar the righties won’t like.
^This.

1) The wall is a good thing and we need it, however, the country isn't going to fall apart without it and the country isn't going to fall apart if we build it, either. Both sides have dug heels in due to political points.

2) No one is going to be 'up in arms' about this wall one way or another, with exception of a few nut balls who will always find something to get upset about.

3) Trump better not use a National Emergency to build it, or that is going to come back and bite everyone in the ass as soon as a Democrat is in office, you can bet your ass. See: Harry Reid Nuclear Option.
Jockey2078.50
dsad1858.50
MKSixer18129.00

01-14-2019, 06:15 PM   #373
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:

Yeah we already disused that this would be a bad idea a few pages ago.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 06:28 PM   #374
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Quote:
I spent a couple of hotter than shit winters and colder than shit winters working on dairy farms. Most kids/young adults I’ve talked to about it in different conversations when stuff like that comes up can’t fathom doing that kind of work. Nor riding a bike early in the morning delivering papers before school in junior high.
I'm sure Minnesota drops a bit lower than Iowa, but a 0-dark-cow-milking thirty, it's still a bitch.

Black Friday (before it was ever called that) papers, 12 years old, in the rain- man, how did we ever survive??????
Appreciate 2
minn196287.50
GERMAN M31737.00