Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosnoop View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roch M4 View Post
For the difference of the cost between an iX and an equivalent ICE car you can buy for 20 years of gas! No charging time waiting for nothing, no electric connection for the charging station at home (around 2000$ if you current electric panel is designed for, etc.) ...
What car are you comparing to? iX's price is quite comparable to X5 M50i - 20years of gas? No clue how you come up with that calculations.

And I would gladly take home charging over visiting gas stations a few hundred times over the life of the vehicle BY FAR!
The iX has more interior space than the X5 M50i. Especially rear leg room. I agree, being able to charge at home is a big advantage to me as well.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 09:23 PM   #46
itWorks
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

What are they thinking

Just horrid frontend design.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2021, 12:46 PM   #47
ggalanis
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX 50, 1989 325ic

Quote:
For the difference of the cost between an iX and an equivalent ICE car you can buy for 20 years of gas!
This statement is not based on reality. Go build an X5, which is the closest gas equivalent, equip it similarly. They cost the same.

Quote:
No charging time waiting for nothing, no electric connection for the charging station at home (around 2000$ if you current electric panel is designed for, etc.)
Charging time is longer than gassing up. That is true. If you don't charge at home that can be a big deal. On a road trip, this will slow you down if you are accustomed to just gas and go (my wife and kids don't let me do this). These are real issues that could affect you and if they do, an EV may not be for you at the moment. As for the charging station, if your daily mileage is low enough, you could probably get away with using a slow charger using a 110v outlet. But yes, you have to factor the cost of getting a lvl2 charger if you don't already have one.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2021, 03:38 PM   #48
Tallest
Major General
Rep
Drives: 911

Garage List
2011 911  [10.00]
to those with home charging it is a no brainer.

Hated this car as it came out, but now I dont mind it at all. it has its own style. much more outraged by the ice M3/4 looks.

This car, in red or blue with 22in sport rims and funky interior is not bad. I know someone getting it next month. They are very happy with it, range is not a problem.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2021, 03:58 PM   #49
LittleJoe
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 EQS 580 SUV

Those on board with an iX or any EV don't have to explain themselves to those who don't see what's coming. It won't be easy but they'll come around soon enough. Mercedes plans to convert every model in their lineup to EV's by the end of this decade, only 8 years away! BMW won't be far behind as will the other major manufactures. The automotive world is going electric, it's inevitable. ICE vehicles will slowly but surely go the way of the ICE AGE and dinosaurs. I love my V8 X7 but I've excepted the future and our next purchase will be an iX.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2021, 09:01 AM   #50
ferasjamshed@gmail.com
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E46

unpopular opinion

I actually think the rear looks good of the IX. The side is pretty bad and the front is possibly the ugliest design in the car world today, but the rear looks futuristic and nice. It doesn't have any BMW design language in the back, but the rear looks good as a car.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2021, 09:09 PM   #51
Kennethjk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911S, Mustang Mach E,

Car is pricey for sure. It’s just an SUV, for the most part none of them are pretty.

I picked dark gray to hide the front grill somewhat. Order was submitted today and seems to be on,y one at my dealer.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2021, 09:10 PM   #52
Kennethjk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911S, Mustang Mach E,

As an FYI I also have an order in for a Mustang Mach E. Obviously not in the same league but 30k cheaper.
Appreciate 0