Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW i4 Forum - i430, i440 (G26) EV Forum BMW i4 Forum - M50, eDrive40, eDrive35 (G26) EV Forum

11-19-2021, 12:46 AM   #67
techwhiz1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335, E70 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by techwhiz1 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
Is anyone expecting to negotiate below MSRP? I haven't bought a new BMW in 9 years!
I expect to.
At least a couple of grand.
I've been going to this same dealer for more than a decade for service. They have been servicing two cars.

We shall see. I definitely am not paying more than MSRP. My dealer is also on the California instant rebate list
Couple thousand off in California?!

I wish you luck but this isn't 2019. I think MSRP would be a great deal for you.
Nah. MSRP isn't a problem.

I have a great relationship with my dealer.
I have service history that goes back a decade on multiple cars.

We shall see. It's not a deal breaker either way.
Ya keep us in the loop. We've had discussions in other threads about most Cali dealers selling over MSRP.

From my experience working at a BMW store, sales and service rarely mix when it comes to getting a deal.
My local dealer hasn't been selling over MSRP.
The sales and service people do talk. If your sales people don't understand the relationship with service, they lose continual service dollars.

I'm definitely not paying over MSRP. I have never done that and am not in love with a car to do that.

There is a new dealer in Fairfield that has no hassle pricing. Not my dealer though.

I don't know about Weatherford in Berkeley -> used to be slimy. But don't know now.

I will never buy another car at Steven's Creek. I had cash and the sales manager kept trying to mess with the price of the car even after I had a deal.

I've bought at Peter Pan below list before with no hassle pricing. They are a Costco affiliate.

Don't know about SF BMW.

Don't know about Fremont.
      11-19-2021, 06:11 AM   #68
M3GALLY
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3, 2020 MDX, 2003 c320

My build price is def easier to swallow than my m3 I have on order but I don't think it's exciting enough to pull me away from my dream car.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 06:21 AM   #69
Ken7
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Audi e-Tron

Quote:
I think the build sheets are probably correct.

When my dealer entered my build he generated a pdf from the factory configurator. It matched what I had circled on my sheet that I got off the web.

Now granted it was from the M50 and I selected just about all the options, but they did match up.
And for some reason every time my dealer tried to generate that pdf for my eDrive40, it failed after several minutes of trying. Go figure. He’s convinced there’s so much ordering going on across the country, it’s crashing the system. He also mentioned that they’ve been unable to actually submit an order yet, even when there are no configuration issues.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 06:26 AM   #70
Ken7
Private First Class
Rep

Has anyone been asked to put down more money, beyond the $1500 online deposit, with the actual order?
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 06:51 AM   #71
spool twice
Rainbow Racer
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4cs

Garage List
2019 M4cs  [0.00]
https://www.bmwusa.com/build-your-ow...elsxr0/summary

I like the 19" wheel setup but I really like the wheelwell extensions on the 20"

This becomes a great buy with the $7,500 tax credit, relatively speaking of course, over a comparable M440i GC. Mine came up to $71,870 with the 20" tire package or $69,370 without it.

Considering this when my lease is up in June, hopefully BMW will still allow lease extensions while I wait for an allocation.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 06:59 AM   #72
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
That's pretty cheap to build fully loaded. If I didn't have a G80 M3 I would consider it, but I prefer having an engine for now. Fully optioned is still $25K less than this car
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 2
      11-19-2021, 07:02 AM   #73
otay
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i

San Remo Green!

I'm in…
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 07:17 AM   #74
TCBavarian
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5M, M2CS, E46 ZHP, E53 X5

What build month is everyone going to take?

I'm first on my dealer's preorder list. My CA says my order is February build but I can push it to March, April, May or June.

Went in person to look at a couple GC they had. Wife and I are pleased with the rear seat headroom for a car seat.

She definitely wants dravit and I can't complain. I had it on my m340i with oyster last year.

Biggest question will be if I trade off ventilated seats for oyster or cognac.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 07:18 AM   #75
techwhiz1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335, E70 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken7 View Post
Has anyone been asked to put down more money, beyond the $1500 online deposit, with the actual order?
I have not heard of anyone even on ******.
      11-19-2021, 07:44 AM   #76
kbsilver
Captain
Rep
Drives: 340GT & '22 eDrive40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCBavarian View Post
What build month is everyone going to take?

I'm first on my dealer's preorder list. My CA says my order is February build but I can push it to March, April, May or June.

Went in person to look at a couple GC they had. Wife and I are pleased with the rear seat headroom for a car seat.
Great information. Rear seat room (head and leg) is a concern for us as well. As long as it's no worse than my 11 year old E90, that box is checked.

Presume your order was one of the early ones. I'm in the 2nd batch, after June. I expect to get a build date range soon.

Once they get the one option deletes another figured out, color is the next hard choice. Brooklyn Grey was top on the list except it requires either a M50 or M-sport package to order. Have to see what skyscraper looks like in person.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 07:49 AM   #77
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

No M seats in US?

And now with new BBB program all incentives will be gone for EVs over $55,000

Just killed this for me, was thinking about M50 with tax incentive would have been $67k with my build, oh well.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 08:03 AM   #78
CarlosDanger1
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post

And now with new BBB program all incentives will be gone for EVs over $55,000

Just killed this for me, was thinking about M50 with tax incentive would have been $67k with my build, oh well.
Thanks for calling attention to this. This really changes things for me as well. I saw some articles about this being under discussion, but has it actually been adopted by Congress at this point?
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 08:05 AM   #79
kbsilver
Captain
Rep
Drives: 340GT & '22 eDrive40

Think I figured out the website configuration bug for the eDrive40 locking out the parking assistant with other packages. If you select the major packages in reverse order from how they are presented (pick parking assistant last), then everything seems to work as expected.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 08:17 AM   #80
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosDanger1 View Post
Thanks for calling attention to this. This really changes things for me as well. I saw some articles about this being under discussion, but has it actually been adopted by Congress at this point?
Here is current info, but I guess this could still change

While Democratic lawmakers continue to negotiate the $1.75 trillion measure, here's what the latest version of the bill would provide EV owners:

A credit of up to $7,500 for an electric or plug-in hybrid vehicle, defined as a car with a battery capacity of at least 40 kilowatt-hours and a gas tank, if any, under 2.5 gallons.
An additional $500 credit for a car with a battery pack made in the U.S.
An additional $4,500 credit for cars assembled at a unionized U.S. plant. (Currently only plants owned by GM, Ford and Stellantis qualify.)

Price and income limits
To qualify for tax credits under the BBB, EVs need to fall under a price limit. Vans, sports utility vehicles or pickup trucks need to be under $80,000 to be eligible for the credit; for all other cars, the price limit is $55,000. That means luxury EVs like the Porsche Taycan or the forthcoming electric Hummer wouldn't qualify for the credit.

There's also an income limit for taxpayers to receive the credit: $500,000 for married couples or $250,000 for single people. These limits are intended to direct the EV credit more toward middle- and working-class people, said Mike Fiske, an analyst at IHS Markit.
Appreciate 1
      11-19-2021, 08:37 AM   #81
M2Cmtl
Major
Rep
Drives: 21 Q7 & 22 4XE

My local BMW store told me they where sold out until passed 2022. Does that even make sense? Anyways they should have one in person next week to check out.
      11-19-2021, 09:03 AM   #82
Ken7
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbsilver View Post
Think I figured out the website configuration bug for the eDrive40 locking out the parking assistant with other packages. If you select the major packages in reverse order from how they are presented (pick parking assistant last), then everything seems to work as expected.
I was just going to post this! I found exactly the same thing, plus one other seemingly important thing. I've been doing my builds on a Mac, but I tried doing one on my PC (and this held true for one build failure I got on my Mac too when it booted the Park Assist). When I ran into the Park Assist being deleted after picking the Driver Assistant Pro, I continued with the build anyway. But here's the kicker, when I went to the summary, it showed the Parking Assist listed in the options anyway! The difference was there was no price listed next to Park Assist. So what does this mean? I'm wondering if when you pick the Driver Assistant Pro, the Park Assist may get rolled in anyway.

The fact that there's no price is not a warning flag since other options you select show up in the summary also with no price (wheels, high gloss trim that I selected, etc.). So the fact that there's no price doesn't mean the selection was invalid.

I really think this will be fine in the end. It may be wise not to have an order submitted until this is really ironed out. As I said in a prior post, my dealership has found that the orders are not even open for submission quite yet...at least as of yesterday.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 09:10 AM   #83
nuwde
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5 M

Here is my build - https://www.bmwusa.com/build-your-ow...dpitzw/summary

If it doesn't qualify for the tax credit, I will probably look at other EV options.
Appreciate 1
Sportstick4605.50
      11-19-2021, 09:31 AM   #84
Ken7
Private First Class
Rep

Here's what I was referencing in my last post:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 09:46 AM   #85
spool twice
Rainbow Racer
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4cs

Garage List
2019 M4cs  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
Here is current info, but I guess this could still change

While Democratic lawmakers continue to negotiate the $1.75 trillion measure, here's what the latest version of the bill would provide EV owners:

A credit of up to $7,500 for an electric or plug-in hybrid vehicle, defined as a car with a battery capacity of at least 40 kilowatt-hours and a gas tank, if any, under 2.5 gallons.
An additional $500 credit for a car with a battery pack made in the U.S.
An additional $4,500 credit for cars assembled at a unionized U.S. plant. (Currently only plants owned by GM, Ford and Stellantis qualify.)

Price and income limits
To qualify for tax credits under the BBB, EVs need to fall under a price limit. Vans, sports utility vehicles or pickup trucks need to be under $80,000 to be eligible for the credit; for all other cars, the price limit is $55,000. That means luxury EVs like the Porsche Taycan or the forthcoming electric Hummer wouldn't qualify for the credit.

There's also an income limit for taxpayers to receive the credit: $500,000 for married couples or $250,000 for single people. These limits are intended to direct the EV credit more toward middle- and working-class people, said Mike Fiske, an analyst at IHS Markit.
Definitely changes things in this case, hopefully this will just be a starting point for better and more inclusive negotiations and lift or increase the MSRP cap.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 10:05 AM   #86
walmark
Apprentice
Rep
Drives: 550i F10 '15

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
Is anyone expecting to negotiate below MSRP? I haven't bought a new BMW in 9 years!
I expect to.
At least a couple of grand.
I've been going to this same dealer for more than a decade for service. They have been servicing two cars.

We shall see. I definitely am not paying more than MSRP. My dealer is also on the California instant rebate list
Couple thousand off in California?!

I wish you luck but this isn't 2019. I think MSRP would be a great deal for you.
Nah. MSRP isn't a problem.

I have a great relationship with my dealer.
I have service history that goes back a decade on multiple cars.

We shall see. It's not a deal breaker either way.
Ya keep us in the loop. We've had discussions in other threads about most Cali dealers selling over MSRP.

From my experience working at a BMW store, sales and service rarely mix when it comes to getting a deal.
My local dealer hasn't been selling over MSRP.
The sales and service people do talk. If your sales people don't understand the relationship with service, they lose continual service dollars.

I'm definitely not paying over MSRP. I have never done that and am not in love with a car to do that.

There is a new dealer in Fairfield that has no hassle pricing. Not my dealer though.

I don't know about Weatherford in Berkeley -> used to be slimy. But don't know now.

I will never buy another car at Steven's Creek. I had cash and the sales manager kept trying to mess with the price of the car even after I had a deal.

I've bought at Peter Pan below list before with no hassle pricing. They are a Costco affiliate.

Don't know about SF BMW.

Don't know about Fremont.
I've had nothing but positive experience with Fremont Service - best dealer service I've dealt with so far.
No experience with their sales though.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 11:50 AM   #87
daswartz
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i xdrive, GT350

Quote:
Great, one less order to hold things up for the rest of us! Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 11:54 AM   #88
daswartz
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i xdrive, GT350

Quote:
No. And I have 2 on order. iX and i4. Both with the 1500 reserve only.
Appreciate 0