Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

07-23-2009, 04:20 PM   #23
pdjafari
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Axe Murderer with headlights

I never forget this story, one I always like to tell when around close friends.

It was around 12 midnite and my friends and I had gone out drinking. I was the DD had only had a beer 4-5 hours prior and we decided to stop and get some McDonalds. Since it was late there were no other cars in the drive through except ours.

As we waited for our 10 double cheeseburgers and 4 orders of french fries we couldn't all help but feel a cold breeze freeze us in our place. We had the music on and the radio just turned off, were just talking/laughing/talking smack and we all stopped at the same moment. It was very strange, almost like we had a feeling something bad was about to happen....We kind of looked at one another freaked out and our silence was broken as our food had been prepared.

We grabbed our food and went to park to eat and as we did we noticed a fog had built up in the dark area around the dumpster behind the building. Again we all froze, almost like a dream where crazy things happen and thats when we noticed they had put too much salt on the fries. Talk about a crazy life experience, it was like we knew something bad was about to happen and it did. Salty fries FTL
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2009, 05:05 PM   #24
bluespeed117
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

Garage List
2007 e90 328i  [0.00]
One night I was driving through Turnbull canyon with my friends. We were just cruising through the canyon not being reckless or anything. We get to the end of the road and decide to turn around and head back home through the canyon. I started to make the u-turn to go back, I had my windows down and i hear someone yell "HEY LOOK OUT."
Some guy on a fixed gear bike is flying down the canyon road not wearing a helmet. The guy misses the front end of my car by about a foot. He starts swerving and tried to regain control but eventually hit the corner of the sidewalk. The guy flips end over end and rolls to a stop. He didnt get up for a few seconds and in that time my heart was racing 1000 bps (not literally but you get the picture). He gets up and I get this sigh of relief but his head is gushing blood and forms a puddle of blood on the sidewalk. He was biking with his friends but they were way behind him cause he was going extremely fast (id say around 30 mph)
In the end the guy ended up with a fractured collar bone and a concussion.
That was some crazy shit.
      07-24-2009, 02:09 AM   #25
out4scrilla
drive slow homie
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC///M3 View Post
got into a really bad car accident literally on my 5th birthday....june 1st 1989. Will never forget it....the only thing I remember was seeing the windshield completely shatter...and remember feeling the bottom of my seat get extremely warm.

To this day that "crunch" sound of car accidents still sends chills down my spine.
that was the day i was born..
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2009, 03:13 AM   #26
Heinzftw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2000 Civic+2008 Accord

I was 14 years old in high school. (started early) I remember going to school like any old day and then coming home to my mom saying she wasn't feeling too well. I went to bed around 10, and a few hours later all I remember was my mother screaming for me. I ran to her down the hall and she was mumbling and couldn't move. It was 3am and I ended up calling 911. She ended up having a stroke. Even healthy people can have problems too. I still to this day, am reminded again and again to always be there for her.

-█--------█-
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2009, 07:19 AM   #27
Peanuto
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 335i Lemans Blue M-sport

Cancun. Story ends in a back alley with a blade at my throat. Myself and about 4 friends. It was about 5 years ago so we were all 18-20. One of my friends got kidnapped by a bus driver and was found 2 hours outside of Cancun when a cop wondered why the bus was that far out. But that's another story. Second night there. We all get hammered and it's about midnight. Someone has the intelligent idea 'hey lets go to a strip club'. Bad idea that seemed ingenious at the time. So we pile into a cab and we're off. After previewing a few places we find out about the no nudity law in the limits of Cancun. The cab driver then says "Oh, I know what you guys want." And just starts driving. 45 minutes later we arrive at what I can only call a compound. It was an old strip mall surrounded by 15ft fences topped with barbed wire and a heavily guarded front gate. Only thought going through our tequila and debauchery soaked minds is this has to be good. So driver pulls up. First place in the mall we go into, girls are called over and something is off. The girls are all over us and after about two minutes my friend, call him B, go to the bathroom. The following convo. ensues "Dude, you realize what this is right." "Yeah, I think so." "Yep, guy brought us to a fucking whorehouse. I don't need a whorehouse to get laid in Cancun." We walk out of the bathroom, grab the guys, who leave whining, then explain outside that was no strip club. Instead of thinking this may be a bad idea we walk to the place next door. Ok. Here we go. Normal strip club. We're hanging out having a few drinks by the stage. Myself who I will refer to as T, my friend B, and A and J. So a little while later my friend B has a dancer come over sit on his lap and ask for a drink. He says OK. That drink almost got us killed. Fifteen minutes go by and A, J and myself look back and B is gone. We figure, ok, he's in the back room getting a lapdance or a handy or whatnot. Ten minutes later I look behind me, now A is gone and it's just J and myself. Ok, same thing, no big deal. Five minutes I look back and I'm solo. At this point I become a bit unnerved but I remain. Out of nowhere a hand grabs the back of my collar and I'm on my back staring up at the ceiling from the floor being dragged across the club. I end up being tossed out the back door and sure enough there are B, A, and J all sitting on the ground surrounded by about eight guys with knives. I scream "What the fuck! What the fuck is going on." The only one of us who spoke enough spanish was A so he tried to explain to me. Didn't work. I'm looking at the blades inching closer and closer and people screaming in spanish at us, my friend yelling back. This is not good. after about 5 mins. we hear tires squealing behind us. The cab comes tearing around the corner, sliding door open. Cab driver screams "get in get in get in" We dive through the door and he begins to pull away full speed. The guys chasing us only a second behind. We think we are safe. Then we see the fucking gate closing. We make it through the gate that scrapes the fuck out of the cab. I finally find out what happened. That drink the stripper ordered was $900. needless to say we didn't have the cash. Lesson learned...meh probably not.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2009, 11:02 AM   #28
Androo000
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuto View Post
Cancun. Story ends in a back alley with a blade at my throat. Myself and about 4 friends. It was about 5 years ago so we were all 18-20. One of my friends got kidnapped by a bus driver and was found 2 hours outside of Cancun when a cop wondered why the bus was that far out. But that's another story. Second night there. We all get hammered and it's about midnight. Someone has the intelligent idea 'hey lets go to a strip club'. Bad idea that seemed ingenious at the time. So we pile into a cab and we're off. After previewing a few places we find out about the no nudity law in the limits of Cancun. The cab driver then says "Oh, I know what you guys want." And just starts driving. 45 minutes later we arrive at what I can only call a compound. It was an old strip mall surrounded by 15ft fences topped with barbed wire and a heavily guarded front gate. Only thought going through our tequila and debauchery soaked minds is this has to be good. So driver pulls up. First place in the mall we go into, girls are called over and something is off. The girls are all over us and after about two minutes my friend, call him B, go to the bathroom. The following convo. ensues "Dude, you realize what this is right." "Yeah, I think so." "Yep, guy brought us to a fucking whorehouse. I don't need a whorehouse to get laid in Cancun." We walk out of the bathroom, grab the guys, who leave whining, then explain outside that was no strip club. Instead of thinking this may be a bad idea we walk to the place next door. Ok. Here we go. Normal strip club. We're hanging out having a few drinks by the stage. Myself who I will refer to as T, my friend B, and A and J. So a little while later my friend B has a dancer come over sit on his lap and ask for a drink. He says OK. That drink almost got us killed. Fifteen minutes go by and A, J and myself look back and B is gone. We figure, ok, he's in the back room getting a lapdance or a handy or whatnot. Ten minutes later I look behind me, now A is gone and it's just J and myself. Ok, same thing, no big deal. Five minutes I look back and I'm solo. At this point I become a bit unnerved but I remain. Out of nowhere a hand grabs the back of my collar and I'm on my back staring up at the ceiling from the floor being dragged across the club. I end up being tossed out the back door and sure enough there are B, A, and J all sitting on the ground surrounded by about eight guys with knives. I scream "What the fuck! What the fuck is going on." The only one of us who spoke enough spanish was A so he tried to explain to me. Didn't work. I'm looking at the blades inching closer and closer and people screaming in spanish at us, my friend yelling back. This is not good. after about 5 mins. we hear tires squealing behind us. The cab comes tearing around the corner, sliding door open. Cab driver screams "get in get in get in" We dive through the door and he begins to pull away full speed. The guys chasing us only a second behind. We think we are safe. Then we see the fucking gate closing. We make it through the gate that scrapes the fuck out of the cab. I finally find out what happened. That drink the stripper ordered was $900. needless to say we didn't have the cash. Lesson learned...meh probably not.
im calling bs mr.hollywood
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2009, 12:33 PM   #29
Peanuto
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 335i Lemans Blue M-sport

Dude. What reason do I have to lie? That is a 100% true story. Say whatever you want, I couldn't give a damn. The guys there with me know it was true. No reason to lie, nobody to impress. It's just a thread about crazy life experiences, I posted mine. In case you didn't notice crazy shit happens all the time in the world. Unfortunately I ended up on the shit end of this one.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2009, 12:42 PM   #30
MJC///M3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by out4scrilla View Post
that was the day i was born..
another June 1st!! it is a day of greatness.
"You will get there, but it is up to you and you alone. It is what you are willing to do, and how you are willing to get there. You must be relentless, you must be tireless, you must pursue at all costs, so that you are ready, when the time is right." -Dad
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2009, 01:20 PM   #31
backtoreality15
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinzftw View Post
I was 14 years old in high school. (started early) I remember going to school like any old day and then coming home to my mom saying she wasn't feeling too well. I went to bed around 10, and a few hours later all I remember was my mother screaming for me. I ran to her down the hall and she was mumbling and couldn't move. It was 3am and I ended up calling 911. She ended up having a stroke. Even healthy people can have problems too. I still to this day, am reminded again and again to always be there for her.
Is that really early? What age did most people start HS? I started at 13 along with tons of other people and we never skipped a grade.
      07-24-2009, 01:23 PM   #32
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtoreality15 View Post
Is that really early? What age did most people start HS? I started at 13 along with tons of other people and we never skipped a grade.
Same here. Lots of October birthdays start Kindergarten at 4 (instead of almost 6), meaning 9th grade at 13.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2009, 09:21 PM   #33
Shadow_Phantom12
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
Brazil
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Performance Package

October 17, 2003. Was gunning a .50 cal machine gun on top of a 5-ton in Iraq headed back "hone" (Kirkuk airfield). Got hit by a triple-stacked Improvised Explosive Device that threw me up and out of the truck (about 15 feet up, 25 feet back across the bed going at about 45 mph). Luckily, I hit my head hard enough not to remember much, but the scars on my forehead remain, as does the shrapnel riddled through my body and the road rash. I'm alive though, and can't thank the Big Man upstairs and my poor guardian angel enough. I had just turned 21 and thought I was invincible.
      09-10-2009, 09:51 PM   #34
Bimmer Nerd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtoreality15 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Same here. Lots of October birthdays start Kindergarten at 4 (instead of almost 6), meaning 9th grade at 13.
i am 16 and a senior in high school.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2009, 12:00 AM   #35
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
I was surfing in Sao Paulo when I got that feeling that there was something wrong...I then realized that there was no line up, and only a few others here and there in the water. I caught the next wave in and someone ran up to me explaining there was a hammer head spotted in the water, about 20-30 feet from where I was when I was waiting for a wave to come in.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2009, 08:55 AM   #36
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_Phantom12 View Post
October 17, 2003. Was gunning a .50 cal machine gun on top of a 5-ton in Iraq headed back "hone" (Kirkuk airfield). Got hit by a triple-stacked Improvised Explosive Device that threw me up and out of the truck (about 15 feet up, 25 feet back across the bed going at about 45 mph). Luckily, I hit my head hard enough not to remember much, but the scars on my forehead remain, as does the shrapnel riddled through my body and the road rash. I'm alive though, and can't thank the Big Man upstairs and my poor guardian angel enough. I had just turned 21 and thought I was invincible.
Wow that's crazy. I always had mad props for the kids on the .50 over the 7 or 5 tons. I had a friend killed while I was out there when the 7 ton rolled over on him, not much different than what you're describing.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2009, 09:19 AM   #37
InsaneSkippy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Nerd View Post
i am 16 and a senior in high school.
I graduated @ 17 as well

Appreciate 0
      09-11-2009, 09:49 PM   #38
pittsy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jerez...E92 M3

Mine is a little like Mega Man's. I was out surfing in Hawaii, the waves were perfect. There was only about 8 of us out there when all of a sudden the lifeguard helicopter comes flying over to us, hovering right above and shouting over the megaphone to get out of the water. A 16ft tiger had been seen and was traveling in our direction. Needless to say, it didn't take long for me to get my ass out of the water.

Another time I was out there again sitting on my board waiting for the waves when all of a sudden I see a fin break the water only about 25ft away from me. I pulled my feet out of the water, laid on the board not wanting to put my arms or legs in the water. I look behind me, see a nice wave building and go for it, rode it all the way in and as I got in the lifeguards were putting up shark sighting signs in the beach.
08 E92 M3 Jerez Black | Bamboo | 6MT | 18s | 5% tint | No iDrive | Heated Seats | V1 hardwire | ///M Alu Pedals | Matte Black Grills | Painted Reflectors | CF Roundels | GP Thunder 8500k | Remus Race Exhaust | VMR V701 18s Matte Black
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2009, 10:57 PM   #39
Shadow_Phantom12
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
Brazil
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Performance Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Wow that's crazy. I always had mad props for the kids on the .50 over the 7 or 5 tons. I had a friend killed while I was out there when the 7 ton rolled over on him, not much different than what you're describing.
Wow, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Whenever we lose one of our own it tends to hit us pretty hard, even if we didn't know the person. Ramp ceremonies were always the worst.
      09-11-2009, 11:10 PM   #40
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsy View Post
Mine is a little like Mega Man's...
I have a Hawaii story too, but it wasn't a "crazy, life-threatening" experience.

I was at Kailua Beach playing with a heavy but buoyant ball that my friends and I were playing catch with in deeper water. My friend who knows I have a phobia of sharks (funny coz I love to surf, right?), kept telling me there's a shark behind me, there's a shark behind me. I got tired of it and eventually stopped turning around to look. A long time had passed since he had done it, but he said it again, "There's a fin right behind you." At first, I didn't really want to look. But I saw his face, and he was moving closer to shore too. So, I semi-looked and sure enough there was a fin...

...we all scrambled a ways before one of my other friends said, "Look, it's a turtle." And sure enough, it was a turtle. It became quite friendly (maybe curious?) and was got closer and closer to us. Finally, it got so close that I could touch it, and gently ran my hand over its shell. Damn, dude...that was majestic. I suppose in its own right, it was a crazy life experience, but not one that nearly killed me.
Appreciate 0