BMW i
Forum for the BMW i3, i4 and i8
BMW i3 BMW i8
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BMW i Forums > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

View Poll Results: Should Trump be impeached?
Yes 38 32.76%
Hell No 78 67.24%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

12-22-2019, 07:28 AM   #111
NormanConquest
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
I grew up in a family 1/2 repubs (moms side) 1/2 dems (dads side). I love both sides, in fact the repubs are really beautiful salt of the earth extremely hardworking industrious and successful. The dems in my fam have a big heart for immigrants, other races than white, often have served their community by heading homeless shelters, serving in various offices locally and even nationally. I have had a lifetime close to politics and have gotten to meet many great men and women on both sides who I love and respect. I feel like I have a very unique perspective than most in America because I really can make an argument for what is great about both parties and I respect them for different reasons.

However. Donald Trump need not be the leader of the free world. Oh and I also worked in commercial real estate in southern california and have been around plenty of developers ,brokers and successful investors. This man need not be the leader of our country.
I give all presidents a chance at showing us who they really are while serving our country for the first term. Donald Trump is not a person we need running our country.

That is all.
2016 the majority of states disagree with your assessment and we will see in 2020 what the states decide again. He is our president, he is the leader of the free world at the moment, and he will remain to be until at least jan 2021
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2019, 07:32 AM   #112
NormanConquest
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
They don't care like how Dems didn't care that Clinton lied under oath about his relationship with Lewinsky. The irony of course is that Clinton committed an arguably lesser crime than Trump and many Trumpsters were also vehemently pro-impeachment with regards to Clinton.

Impeachment isn't a legal but a political process.
Lying undee oath is an actual crime obstruction of congress and abuse of power are not criminal codes. Furthermore obstructing congress is laughable since the president has executive privilege and the house refuse to wait for the courts to review the dispute which indicates it the house abusing it power and the abuse of power is subjective and most likely just as laughable since trump was once again exercising his power and making sure Ukraine honor it 1999 treaty obligation of turning over information on an investigation they open up becore trump was even president.
Appreciate 1
anglo49005.00

12-22-2019, 07:44 AM   #113
anglo
Libertarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
I grew up in a family 1/2 repubs (moms side) 1/2 dems (dads side). I love both sides, in fact the repubs are really beautiful salt of the earth extremely hardworking industrious and successful. The dems in my fam have a big heart for immigrants, other races than white, often have served their community by heading homeless shelters, serving in various offices locally and even nationally. I have had a lifetime close to politics and have gotten to meet many great men and women on both sides who I love and respect. I feel like I have a very unique perspective than most in America because I really can make an argument for what is great about both parties and I respect them for different reasons.

However. Donald Trump need not be the leader of the free world. Oh and I also worked in commercial real estate in southern california and have been around plenty of developers ,brokers and successful investors. This man need not be the leader of our country.
I give all presidents a chance at showing us who they really are while serving our country for the first term. Donald Trump is not a person we need running our country.

That is all.
Keep electing Democrats and You'll turn the whole country into places like LA, San Fransico, Detroit, Baltimore...

Substandard education, crimes, lawlessness, Anti law enforcement, high unemployment!

California was a better place when it was run by Republicans!
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2019, 07:51 AM   #114
adc100
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanConquest View Post
Lying undee oath is an actual crime obstruction of congress and abuse of power are not criminal codes. Furthermore obstructing congress is laughable since the president has executive privilege and the house refuse to wait for the courts to review the dispute which indicates it the house abusing it power and the abuse of power is subjective and most likely just as laughable since trump was once again exercising his power and making sure Ukraine honor it 1999 treaty obligation of turning over information on an investigation they open up becore trump was even president.
Why do we keep wasting our life arguing with these shills
Appreciate 1
N54Yankee2175.00

12-22-2019, 07:56 AM   #115
floridaorange
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

There's a lot about Donald I think is great - he likes to win - he's competitive - he's sober-minded. He's got a sense of humor, he speaks from his heart. He's 100% a problem solver. I'm all for those things, and I have no problem with Republicans running our country for the next 20 years.

Donald Trump has shown us who he is. Hell I don't know if the Ukraine incident was his way of self-sabotaging, but it was a really unwise move politically.

Fellas - the MAJORITY of American's lean to the left or right a little - we have FAR more in common that not. I really believe we need to come together and figure out what is best for America vs debate whether or not it's legal to hold back foreign aid while another country smears a political opponent. We know that's not right.

Also - it's not right that Biden's son was on that board - I think it makes Biden unelectable frankly. And that family should 100% be investigated more.

12-22-2019, 07:58 AM   #116
adc100
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Quote:
Donald Trump is not a person we need running our country.

That is all.
Cool story bro...I vote bs on it though. But again..I know you are a dem bc you don't have the thinking skills to get past the fact that someone may be an asshole and still be the best leader/CEO/or garbage collector on the planet. I will get my car fixed from the best mechanic. I don't care if he is a Democrat. Maybe someday you will understand.

This does not apply to ALL dems
Appreciate 1
MKSixer19799.00

12-22-2019, 08:10 AM   #117
floridaorange
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
Cool story bro...I vote bs on it though. But again..I know you are a dem bc you don't have the thinking skills to get past the fact that someone may be an asshole and still be the best leader/CEO/or garbage collector on the planet. I will get my car fixed from the best mechanic. I don't care if he is a Democrat. Maybe someday you will understand.

This does not apply to ALL dems
It's ok - you don't know me. Bet we'd get along just fine in person.
I've been around plenty of leaders who are assholes - or who manage by using fear as their motivator.

And while I don't agree with that stylistically, I am also not small-minded enough to think a president deserves impeachment over not agreeing with his style of leadership.

Before Trump was elected - how did he treat our former (2-term) President?
We knew who Trump was before he was elected pal. Hell he was on TV every night for how many seasons?

So don't tell me that I and others have only recently discovered Trump's an asshole - sorry but - your'e fired. (no offense of course)
      12-22-2019, 08:20 AM   #118
floridaorange
Major
United_States
Rep

In fact - my Father ran a huge business (several locations in and out of state), is a Democrat, was a total asshole as the President of that business.

You shouldn't be so quick to label others. Have a nice day.
      12-22-2019, 08:32 AM   #119
NormanConquest
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
Why do we keep wasting our life arguing with these shills
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2019, 08:43 AM   #120
F32Fleet
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Quote:
They don't care like how Dems didn't care that Clinton lied under oath about his relationship with Lewinsky. The irony of course is that Clinton committed an arguably lesser crime than Trump and many Trumpsters were also vehemently pro-impeachment with regards to Clinton.

Impeachment isn't a legal but a political process.
Lol...oookay, you can rationalize it all you want.

Lying under oath...lol. Reminds me of why Trump handlers refused to allow an interview w/Mueller.

Reminds me of why Trump officials "clarified" their statements by acknowledging quid-pro-quo.

Trumpet supporters are simply unhinged. For example I had a discussion with one a few days ago. She, an attorney, said there was no proof of quid pro. She doubled down when I brought up Mulvaneys affirmation during the daily press conference.

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2019, 08:44 AM   #121
NormanConquest
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
There's a lot about Donald I think is great - he likes to win - he's competitive - he's sober-minded. He's got a sense of humor, he speaks from his heart. He's 100% a problem solver. I'm all for those things, and I have no problem with Republicans running our country for the next 20 years.

Donald Trump has shown us who he is. Hell I don't know if the Ukraine incident was his way of self-sabotaging, but it was a really unwise move politically.

Fellas - the MAJORITY of American's lean to the left or right a little - we have FAR more in common that not. I really believe we need to come together and figure out what is best for America vs debate whether or not it's legal to hold back foreign aid while another country smears a political opponent. We know that's not right.

Also - it's not right that Biden's son was on that board - I think it makes Biden unelectable frankly. And that family should 100% be investigated more.
To do that we need a fair and factual conversation of what has occurred, and minimize fear mongering of things that may occur.

The Ukraine incident with all the facts provided to us and sent to the senate was completely above water under all pass administration and should have never resulted in an impeachment vote by the democrats in the house or the carpet bagging by the media. In short the whole Ukraine story just like the Russian story are Potemkin Village.

The behavior by primarily the media on trump since 2015 has been absolutely irresponsible and the driving factor of the division in our country. As they consistently spin, out right lie, and omit important information to push the narrative they want which is "Orange Man Bad, Must remove!" due to Trump being viewed as a threat to globalism and centralize power in the bureaucracy.

The bureaucracy and to a great extent the previous administration behavior is 2nd biggest contributor to the divide, they actively doing illegal crap consistently and then later investigating themselves and just say "Opps, my bad we won't do it again, we promise" undermines the faith of the people to our government.

The parties will be the last group at fault, instead of them trying to apologize and patch up tatter relationship over some crap things they did to one another in the last 10 years, they just consistently treat each other as enemies instead of fellow country men/women who have different views and should be heard out to find what best for the entire nation.
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh6536.00

12-22-2019, 08:48 AM   #122
NormanConquest
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

Lying under oath...lol. Reminds me of why Trump handlers refused to allow an interview w/Mueller.

Reminds me of why Trump officials "clarified" their statements by acknowledging quid-pro-quo.

Trumpet supporters are simply unhinged. For example I had a discussion with one a few days ago. She, an attorney, said there was no proof of quid pro. She doubled down when I brought up Mulvaneys affirmation during the daily press conference.
Um you have a right to remain silent that includes refusing the give an officer a statement/interview.

The remainder of your statement is laughable and shows the lack of knownledge you have on the topic. We already discuss several times in this topic the point you mention and truly is not to the benefit of any conversation telling the other party they are "unhinge"
Appreciate 1
SakhirM49988.00

12-22-2019, 09:05 AM   #123
F32Fleet
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Trump was poised to be one of the best Presidents but he is just too insecure and naive with regards to the demands of the job and how the system is built.

He can shit over his employees with relative impunity when in the private sector but in the public sector it's an entirely different ballgame.

It also doesn't help that he's adheres to mercantilism.

Appreciate 0
      12-22-2019, 09:09 AM   #124
F32Fleet
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Um you have a right to remain silent that includes refusing the give an officer a statement/interview.

The remainder of your statement is laughable and shows the lack of knownledge you have on the topic. We already discuss several times in this topic the point you mention and truly is not to the benefit of any conversation telling the other party they are "unhinge"
People have a hard time looking at a situation objectively. Especially when they're emotionally invested.

Edit: It's akin to a battered wife defending her wealthy husband because she enjoys the $$ she has access to.

Appreciate 1
      12-22-2019, 12:17 PM   #125
floridaorange
Major
United_States
Rep

I didn't vote for Trump - but - I was behind him 100% as he started getting a lot done. Plus he seemed to really be lighting a fire under an otherwise complacent workforce. I liked that he wasn't a politician and I liked that he was rather unfiltered. My father in law who is a staunch Repub from Northern California (yep they exist, just like blue dog dems exist in the South) and I enjoyed watching his initial rallies together.

Then I noticed him hiring and firing everyone - putting unqualified individuals in charge of major diplomatic situations (his son in law for instance). His constant late night tweets that seemed much more like a bully than a leader... and then it just kept happening - his presidency went from being about him leading our nation - to being about HIM.

I started noticing an out of touch ego - a narcissism - that seemed more than a little off to me.

So I started to observe rather than buy in - and by all accounts I was once buying in - like I said I give everyone who is elected a chance and I understand the media will smear all presidents because it gets attention. They always do. They are generally negative and critical of our presidents - that's nothing new. What is new is our president saying not to trust the media - and that they are liars. As if Americans aren't smart enough to know the difference. He'd pick petty fights with reporters (who does that?) and h e started acting like a senior high school student and not like a president.

And there's a distinction between having the heart of a young person and youthful spirit vs behaving like a bully and a narcissist.

Hell and then Rodger Stone and Paul Manafort get arrested - and things turn from progress to infighting and division.

It's toxic - I'm not about toxic - I don't care about party affiliation —- just like most of you reading this.? I do care about anyone who mistreats their responsibilities as the leader of our great nation.

I wish more Republican leaders like John McCain and Mitt Romney (BOTH FORMER PRESIDENT NOMINEES) would stand up right now and have a candid conversation with the American voter about what is going vs Mitch McConnell and Doug Collins.

Last edited by floridaorange; 12-22-2019 at 12:27 PM..
Appreciate 1
F32Fleet1698.00