BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

03-28-2019, 01:04 PM   #1
Seniorleb
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 SO M4 ZCP

VIDEO: Maserati Ghibli S GrandSport 2019 FULL Review

The Ghibli S Grandsport with 430bhp and 580nm could be a contender for the 550i? Maserati got their new engines from Ferrari and it feels like it! Maybe it is down tuned a little, we have seen better number on the Alfa Giulia. Nerveless the car feels good, like old school with focus on steering feedback and sound.

The Interior is good, proaly Maserati Got one of the best leather out there. Super soft and colors are rich, smell is impeccable. Infotainment system got apple car play and android auto but it is less sophisticated than the BMW 5 series.

Cool Thing the customization for Driving Dynamics are there. Unlike most companies the buttons on the central console are still manual and easy to reach and operate.

For full review check the video on my YouTube Channel

Appreciate 3
overcoil3068.50
TXSTYLE13653.00
      03-29-2019, 09:32 AM   #2
neliconcept
Fashion Photographer
Rep
Drives: 2013 Porsche Cayenne GTS

Wait 2-3 years and you can get it for 75-80% off. Worst resale of any car in the world.
Appreciate 2
      03-29-2019, 10:25 AM   #3
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Funny, I'd kind of forgotten about that car. I had a few friends buy them when they first came out and all of them were lemoned. I really can't think of the last one I saw, I only seem to see Quattroportes.
Appreciate 1
      03-29-2019, 10:33 AM   #4
LQM5
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 750i

Have you ever driven one? The car feels so cheap. All the buttons, surfaces you touch, feel like cheap plastic - oh wait, all the components come from GM so go figure.

The infotainment system is from the 80's. it's garbage.

The engine sounds fantastic, one of the best sounding engines out there. Other than that the car is a piece of crap. The paint peels off as you leave the dealership. It's super tiny on the inside...I'd compare it more to a 3 series than a 5. The QP would be the 5 equivilant.

The Maserati dealer near me closed it's doors cause they couldn't sell any Ghiblis - they were practically giving them away and still no one wanted them.
Z K1886.00
      03-29-2019, 10:41 AM   #5
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by LQM5 View Post
Have you ever driven one? The car feels so cheap. All the buttons, surfaces you touch, feel like cheap plastic - oh wait, all the components come from GM so go figure.

The engine sounds fantastic, one of the best sounding engines out there. Other than that the car is a piece of crap. The paint peels off as you leave the dealership. It's super tiny on the inside...I'd compare it more to a 3 series than a 5. The QP would be the 5 equivilant.

The Maserati dealer near me closed it's doors cause they couldn't sell any Ghiblis - they were practically giving them away and still no one wanted them.
Uh, not GM. Chrysler. But agreed, it is not a nicely built car.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2019, 11:17 AM   #6
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

My boss has one. Staggered how small it is inside, not worth the dollars IMHO.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2019, 11:40 PM   #7
Seniorleb
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
My boss has one. Staggered how small it is inside, not worth the dollars IMHO.
It is very small from inside and especially in the back!
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2019, 11:42 PM   #8
Seniorleb
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LQM5 View Post

If you are referring to me than yes it is me in the video!

Car leather quality is great and steering and gear shifter too! buttons and infotainment system needs update!

on the other hand the exterior is beautiful to look at with the new Matrix lights and bumper, rear is average! car sounds great as you said
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2019, 01:26 PM   #9
Sahbatage
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 IR BMW M4

Maserati = Garbage. Quite possibly the worst money spent on any car in the world.
      04-01-2019, 02:28 PM   #10
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Drove a Ghibli S once... the driving experience is pretty lackluster. Not much feeling, does not hang corners like a sports sedan. The engine sound was the only thing that was good in that car.

As others have mentioned, terrible interior quality, outdated infotainment and I thought the exterior wasn't that great either. For such a huge car, the interior is very small. Extremely inefficient use of space. The door panels are a foot thick for no apparent reason and none of the panels line up. I felt like I was in an American car from the 90s sitting in the Ghibli.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2019, 05:35 PM   #11
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Nice review. Thanks for sharing. IMO, this 2019 appears to have improved on the previous generation. I like the front end and led DRL.