BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The Sports Lounge

10-06-2021, 06:18 PM   #397
Bongoxxx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 340 XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
Yeah no, you're missing the point. It's by far the STUPIDEST argument one can make.

So michael jordan, had he been drafted by the Portland trailblazers……. Do you see how idiotic that argument is?

Why? Because it didn't happen. You could LEGITIMATELY do it for Joe Montana as well. And Terry Bradshaw (wHaT iF hE dIdN't HaVe ThE sTeEl CuRtAiN?!") The point is, these were the cards issued in this timeline and those are the facts we have to go with. We LITERALLY just did this a few pages back.

Jameis Winston threw for over 5000 yards with almost the exact same squad. Please, Gronk is old as fack and a shell of his former self. Gronk wouldn't do shit on another team not helmed by Brady. It's the QB who is the leader. It's the guy all the players rally around INCLUDING defense. Go pull up Aaron Donald quotes on what the TEAM is like with Stafford as QB. Go pull up quotes from Von Miller on what the TEAM is like with Bridgewater.

Brady is doing shit that people his age shouldn't do and haven't done before, period. And I'm a fucking GIANTS fan. We come out the womb pre-programmed to despise anything out of MA. That should probably tell you something.

Your argument is childish and asinine at best. You can literally apply that idiotic argument with every fucking HOF player. Even the ones you mentioned. Guess Michael and Kobe weren't worth a lick cuz Phil Jackson. Williams sisters if only they had a different father. Like gtfo with these stupid ass arguments lol.
My point is, which you clearly miss, is that he didn’t do it on his own, whereas you along with others say he is the only reason they won.

Is Tampa better with him than Winston? Yes, he’s a better QB than Winston. Is LA better with Stafford, yes, he’s a better QB than Goff. All else on the team being equal, a better QB will make a difference because he’s better at the position and it’s a critical position on the team.

Where have iI said Brady isn’t great? Where have I said he isn’t worth a lick?
He’s a great QB but he’s not the sole reason he’s won.
Appreciate 1
lakefront560.50
      10-06-2021, 06:20 PM   #398
Bongoxxx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
I hate is strong with this one.
I don’t hate him at all, I just think it’s a joke that people say he’s the reason they won all those Super Bowls.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2021, 06:23 PM   #399
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongoxxx View Post
Quote:
I hate is strong with this one.
I don’t hate him at all, I just think it’s a joke that people say he’s the reason they won all those Super Bowls.
You LITERALLY said and I quote -

"He's average at best…"
"He's not even in the top 10…"

So backpedal all you want your rationale, reasoning and bullshit Marvel What If timelines aren't applicable. You can say you don't hate the guy but all you've done page after page is hate on the guy, lol. Own your shit at least dude. You get sadder and sadder with each post.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2021, 06:24 PM   #400
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Dude everyone in the NLF, coaches, players, refs, TV and radio personalities ALL say he is by far the GOAT in football and arguably the GOAT of all sports. This is why we are all laughing at you.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2021, 06:30 PM   #401
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Dude everyone in the NLF, coaches, players, refs, TV and radio personalities ALL say he is by far the GOAT in football and arguably the GOAT of all sports. This is why we are all laughing at you.
The round table of HOF QBs like SEVEN years ago. One of the QBs conceded to Steve Young who then conceded to Montana. Montana said nah, it's Brady and this was a few rings back. It wasn't just the rings, it's also the other intangibles they mentioned.
Appreciate 1
Patton2502936.50
      10-06-2021, 06:33 PM   #402
Bongoxxx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
You LITERALLY said and I quote -

"He's average at best…"
"He's not even in the top 10…"

So backpedal all you want your rationale, reasoning and bullshit Marvel What If timelines aren't applicable. You can say you don't hate the guy but all you've done page after page is hate on the guy, lol. Own your shit at least dude. You get sadder and sadder with each post.
Sure, as I’ve said, most accomplished all time..hands down (or up and count the rings). Would I put him on my list of top 10 QBs of all time, no..he’s not the most gifted thrower, not the most accurate, doesn’t have the best passer rating, one of the best at preparing for games, keeping his body in shape, one of the best at reading defences, and yes the most accomplished as defined by winning Super Bowls.

Will someone break his records? Who knows, if someone else plays for as many years as him, maybe.

At least I’ve entertained you guys for the evening
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2021, 06:37 PM   #403
shoei
Banned
Rep

Moving on from convos with people who aren't really football fans but like sipping on the ole haterade - I thought Herbert was a stud but sheesh at the records he's already shattered.

Dudes special. Chargers got a gift from the football gods.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-06-2021, 06:38 PM   #404
Bongoxxx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Okay, laugh at me all you want…apparently I’m supposed to shape my opinion based on what everyone else says…right okay, I believe that would be a sheep.

Apparently differing opinions aren’t allowed…
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2021, 06:47 PM   #405
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Okay, laugh at me all you want…apparently I’m supposed to shape my opinion based on what everyone else says…right okay, I believe that would be a sheep.

Apparently differing opinions aren’t allowed…
I love having discussions and hearing different thoughts and options however your comments on Brady were just plain silly.
Appreciate 2
Bongoxxx804.00
shoei7778.00
      10-06-2021, 06:59 PM   #406
Bongoxxx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Moving on from convos with people who aren't really football fans but like sipping on the ole haterade - I thought Herbert was a stud but sheesh at the records he's already shattered.

Okay so I’m not a football fan and have to agree that Brady is the GOAT to be one?

BRADY IS THE GOAT!!!

Can I play in your sandbox now?

Have to agree, Herbert is special…making the Dolphins, Lions and Giants head offices look silly.

I think I’d rather have him than Burrow at this point, not sure over Chase as he’s special too, but given the QB situation in Washington,
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2021, 07:03 PM   #407
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Okay so I'm not a football fan and have to agree that Brady is the GOAT to be one?

BRADY IS THE GOAT!!!

Can I play in your sandbox now?

Have to agree, Herbert is special…making the Dolphins, Lions and Giants head offices look silly.

I think I'd rather have him than Burrow at this point, not sure over Chase as he's special too, but given the QB situation in Washington,
Nah not having to admit BRADY is the goat, it's not coming up with "but in a different multiverse if Brady's dad didn't have steak that one night medium rare and then got horny, Brady would've never been conceived so therefore he's not the goat type of arguments.

I'm so pissed Gettleman passed on Herbert. People were so adamant he was going to be a bust because he's extremely introverted and too calm LOL.

Burrows is good but I don't think he's Herbert / Murray good. Murray has the best nickname however. "Hail Murray" lol
Appreciate 1
Bongoxxx804.00
      10-06-2021, 07:31 PM   #408
lakefront
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 Macan GTS

Okay, look at what Brady did to win the SB last year....jumped on to a team loaded with talent that was 7-9 because the QB threw THIRTY interceptions. In the playoffs he threw for 200 yds against the Saints, threw 3 picks against GB, and another 200 yds against Chiefs. But HE is the reason they won the SB. Not the defense, not the coaching staff, not the GM that assembled the team, JUST the quarterback. This is the kind of nonsense that the ESPN idiots spout, that the the individual is more important than the team. Is Brady the best QB in the league? Virtually no one would agree with that....then why doesn't the best QB win every year? Go back and look at some of the chumps that have been the QB for a SB champ. Quarterback is obviously the most important position on a football team but its just one of many ingredients that go to being a champion. If Brady had stayed with NE last year would they have won the SB? Obviously not. The rest of the TEAM was not good enough.
Appreciate 1
Bongoxxx804.00
      10-06-2021, 07:47 PM   #409
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakefront View Post
Okay, look at what Brady did to win the SB last year....jumped on to a team loaded with talent that was 7-9 because the QB threw THIRTY interceptions. In the playoffs he threw for 200 yds against the Saints, threw 3 picks against GB, and another 200 yds against Chiefs. But HE is the reason they won the SB. Not the defense, not the coaching staff, not the GM that assembled the team, JUST the quarterback. This is the kind of nonsense that the ESPN idiots spout, that the the individual is more important than the team. Is Brady the best QB in the league? Virtually no one would agree with that....then why doesn't the best QB win every year? Go back and look at some of the chumps that have been the QB for a SB champ. Quarterback is obviously the most important position on a football team but its just one of many ingredients that go to being a champion. If Brady had stayed with NE last year would they have won the SB? Obviously not. The rest of the TEAM was not good enough.
LOL. Brother virtually the entire NFL says he’s the greatest player in the history of the NFL. Now if you know better than all of them than God bless you. But for now I’m just gonna go with everything you just wrote is incredibly silly. I’m embarrassed for you. This argument is stupid. I get it. Lots of people hate the guy because he has won so much. Lots of NBA fans hated Michael Jordan for the same reason. I get it. But this doesn’t mean you have to publicly humiliate yourself. I suggest you find other Brady haters in your inner circle and be delusional around them. That way it’s more private.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2021, 08:05 PM   #410
lakefront
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 Macan GTS

Quote:
LOL. Brother virtually the entire NFL says he’s the greatest player in the history of the NFL. Now if you know better than all of them than God bless you. But for now I’m just gonna go with everything you just wrote is incredibly silly. I’m embarrassed for you. This argument is stupid. I get it. Lots of people hate the guy because he has won so much. Lots of NBA fans hated Michael Jordan for the same reason. I get it. But this doesn’t mean you have to publicly humiliate yourself. I suggest you find other Brady haters in your inner circle and be delusional around them. That way it’s more private.
Now where did I ever say I hated Brady? When did I say he was anything but the best? My objection all along is that he isn't the sole reason that his TEAMS have won the SBs. You have not refuted anything I've said, just repeated what the sports media tells you to say. You have no real argument, so now you're gonna resort to name calling. Well, congrats to you. Just please don't resort to switching to an entirely different sport to support your weak shit. I posted a number of FACTS and you say, "everyone says he's the best, so he must be." Neither one of us is gonna change our minds so, enjoy your evening.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2021, 11:02 PM   #411
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Quote:

I hate you.
Appreciate 1
shoei7778.00
      10-06-2021, 11:14 PM   #412
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Quote:

I hate you.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2021, 06:34 AM   #413
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Okay now everyone put their units back in their pants and stop fretting over TB and Belichick. Lol.

On another note, is there a bigger d-bag than Urban Meyer?
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2021, 07:36 AM   #414
Pottah
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 LBB M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
Okay now everyone put their units back in their pants and stop fretting over TB and Belichick. Lol.

Yes. All the guys who beat their wives and kids but I digress....
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2021, 07:58 AM   #415
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottah View Post
Someone got caught with their hand in the cookie jar!

I thought him sitting in the chair and just 'rocking' to the music was honestly rather innocent. The new video showing him with his hand rubbing her crotch is not going over well.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2021, 08:26 AM   #416
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottah View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
Someone got caught with their hand in the cookie jar!

I thought him sitting in the chair and just 'rocking' to the music was honestly rather innocent. The new video showing him with his hand rubbing her crotch is not going over well.
Leave Urban Liar alone as he wants to be with his family. This guy cannot commit to anything as he just wants to take the money and run. $6 and my left nut says he won’t make it into the 2nd season of his reported $12M/yr contract.

What the hell am I doing on this thread? I gotta be with my fk’n family!
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2021, 08:46 AM   #417
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
I don’t disagree he is a great QB and his approach to the game is amazing, I just think there are a number of delusional people who say he is the only reason they won.

And 4 starters on a team can make the difference between 7-9 and winning a Super Bowl….we saw that last year

And to say the Packers odds of winning with Brady this year are higher than with Rodgers….give me a friggen break. Cowboys, sure, Seahawks maybe.
the 4 starters were

Gronk - TE - Had less production than the TEs he replaced
Winfield JR - S - (Rookie) who had a 67 PFF Grade
Wirfs - RT - (Rookie) had a solid rookie season with an 84 PFF Grade
Brady - QB - self explanatory

only 1 of those guys is the difference between 7-9 and Superbowl

And yes, Packers with Brady odds go up. Rodgers has proven to not be as clutch as Brady when the playoffs come around. Hes like Peyton Manning. Great regular season player, so so in the playoffs.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 1
Torgus3779.00
      10-07-2021, 08:50 AM   #418
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:

I see a record missing from the list

0-1 vs the 2021 Super Bowl Champs Dallas Cowboys

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0