Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

06-24-2019, 04:08 PM   #705
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Ain't nothing, try it before a heavy pr dead
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 05:45 PM   #706
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

What is this "spray" of which you speak. Mine comes in a lube/tube
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2019, 10:50 AM   #707
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
I hear ya, definitely tough after being sick!

Hahaha, I'm finally down to a weight where my vascularity is pretty noticeable, for now my fiance seems to like it . I feel like vascularity is one of those things that comes with age as well, over the years I've just continued to get more and more, hopefully it doesn't get out of control. Not trying to look like Frank McGrath lmao
For some reason, I've always been vascular. This was taken last year in November well after the beach vacation and I had been bulking back up for about 2.5 months. Still had veins in my delts and triceps. When I'm at my leanest...it's like a roadmap. That's what my wife hates!
Attached Images

06-26-2019, 08:01 AM   #708
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

That's what happens when you're allergic to peanuts....you get all SWOLE!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      06-26-2019, 09:04 AM   #709
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Yes!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      06-26-2019, 09:50 AM   #710
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

I look like that only whiter and fatter
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2019, 10:04 AM   #711
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

[QUOTE=lsturbointeg;24958726]Yes!

Beverly has always made some good product!

Also most people don't realize it, but CLA will mobilize fat for oxidation especially when dieting and exercising making a better environment for you to lose body fat.

I always supplement with it when getting lean and can tell a huge difference!

Last edited by Rmtt; 06-26-2019 at 10:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2019, 10:08 AM   #712
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
I look like that only whiter and fatter
I am about as half as tan as I was there. But when I go to the beach...I get so dark it's crazy.

I'm somewhere between that pic and the picture I posted a few pages back of when I started my diet. Between getting sick, losing 6lbs, getting back on my diet, and gaining back 4lbs already....I will probably have to make adjustments next week.

But so far I am down on average about 6-7lbs from my pre-diet weight. But I have already had to bring my belt in by 3 notches.

So I'm trying not to go by weight so much this time...but rather go for a certain look and just see where my weight lands at.
      06-26-2019, 10:20 AM   #713
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Someday I will worry about lean my natural eating is protein surplus and calorie neutral so dont generally get too fat.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2019, 10:39 AM   #714
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Someday I will worry about lean my natural eating is protein surplus and calorie neutral so dont generally get too fat.
That's basically what I do when it's not summer. That first pic a few pages back is about as "fluffy" as I ever get.

My metabolism surprises me even for being an old man.
      06-26-2019, 12:11 PM   #715
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
<giggles uncontrollably>

The last time I saw my abs, I was about 14, maybe weight 115, and was just diagnosed with the diabeeetus. Blood sugar was in the 1400 range, and I pissed every hour, on the hour, 24x7x365. Insulin is a horrible drug, second only to food.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2019, 12:59 PM   #716
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
<giggles uncontrollably>

The last time I saw my abs, I was about 14, maybe weight 115, and was just diagnosed with the diabeeetus. Blood sugar was in the 1400 range, and I pissed every hour, on the hour, 24x7x365. Insulin is a horrible drug, second only to food.
I hear you. I grew up in a diabetes household...although both parents were Adult Onset.

But my dad was a professional boxer and always looked in shape. But once he had to start taking slin and he still kept up with his old eating habits...he went downhill in a hurry.

He finally got on a decent diet, but even now it's still a struggle for him. The cravings are worse, and if you don't time your dose and food practically perfect...your body will always end up trying to store as adipose tissue.

If he had better control of his diet, he could rely on a faster acting and faster clearing form of insulin. But he basically uses it as a crutch to make up for dietary mistakes.

Not saying that's your case as you seem to be very active and in tune with what you need to do....but you still have issues with what I have read and you are on top of it as good as anyone I have seen with Insulin Resistance.
      06-26-2019, 01:08 PM   #717
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a bicycle

LS has some OCD buying two of everything

Vascularity is what separates men from the boys (I need some vascularity haha)

Speaking of muscle rub - reminds me of a time I was training with some World's Strong Man competitors

One guy gives his buddy some muscle rub (made for horses) .Friend rubs it on his thighs, come outs and a few minutes later has to run upstairs to shower, haha. Guy ends up saying "anything made for a 2,000 pound animal is good enough for me"
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2019, 01:19 PM   #718
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorLurker View Post

Speaking of muscle rub - reminds me of a time I was training with some World's Strong Man competitors

One guy gives his buddy some muscle rub (made for horses) .Friend rubs it on his thighs, come outs and a few minutes later has to run upstairs to shower, haha. Guy ends up saying "anything made for a 2,000 pound animal is good enough for me"

LOL.....DMSO.

I remember being around competitors who used that years ago. Stuff didn't have a smell, but would make them reek later!

It always scared me. That stuff had the ability to carry some pretty high molecular weights across the dermal barrier into your bloodstream. Imagine using it in a setting where things wasn't as clean as they should be. Too risky!
      06-26-2019, 01:29 PM   #719
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
That's basically what I do when it's not summer. That first pic a few pages back is about as "fluffy" as I ever get.

Ah Fluffy! Pretty much all year long for me lol!
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      06-26-2019, 01:31 PM   #720
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorLurker View Post

Haha! It helps save a bit of money since my boys like to dip in my stash
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      06-26-2019, 02:09 PM   #721
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Haha! It helps save a bit of money since my boys like to dip in my stash

Look at it this way, I see it as an investment in your boy's futures.

Your teaching them good habits that will last a lifetime! If only more parent's were like that.
      06-26-2019, 04:12 PM   #722
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

I gave up all the "weight loss" supplements years ago, never saw any results an blew too much money. Only a creatine and protein guy these days! (Little late to be leaning out too, summer is upon us brotato! lol)
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2019, 04:52 PM   #723
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I gave up all the "weight loss" supplements years ago, never saw any results an blew too much money. Only a creatine and protein guy these days! (Little late to be leaning out too, summer is upon us brotato! lol)
I always have some type of fat burner in the supplements since my metabolism sucks balls. I've notice a difference this year as I'm seeing a bit more definition and separation on my muscles.
Appreciate 2
JP102462.00
Rmtt8206.00
      06-26-2019, 04:59 PM   #724
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I always have some type of fat burner in the supplements since my metabolism sucks balls. I've notice a difference this year as I'm seeing a bit more definition and separation on my muscles.
Nice man! To each their own for sure, my metabolism use to be awful. But i basically have it dialed in at the point where I can just tailor a few parts of the diet and get everything going in the direction I want thankfully. Had weight issues for years though, miserable times.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      06-26-2019, 05:10 PM   #725
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Nice man! To each their own for sure, my metabolism use to be awful. But i basically have it dialed in at the point where I can just tailor a few parts of the diet and get everything going in the direction I want thankfully. Had weight issues for years though, miserable times.
Awesome! Same here but I give myself one cheat day each week because my boys even tho they workout with me can pretty much eat anything since they're building muscles and need the calories. whereas I can eat alot but of only clean foods. So I give myself that one day to eat whatever the ef I want lol
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2019, 07:06 PM   #726
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Awesome! Same here but I give myself one cheat day each week because my boys even tho they workout with me can pretty much eat anything since they're building muscles and need the calories. whereas I can eat alot but of only clean foods. So I give myself that one day to eat whatever the ef I want lol
Quote:
That's me every weekend haha the drinks are my main issue, my buddies love getting after the beers on the weekend especially if we're out golfing. I try to counter that with just being as active as possible. If we're out golfing I'll usually get around 20,000 steps
Appreciate 0