Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW i4 Forum - i430, i440 (G26) EV Forum BMW i4 Forum - M50, eDrive40, eDrive35 (G26) EV Forum

11-25-2021, 09:08 AM   #133
satvee
Rep
Drives: F10 535

Congratulations to all of you who were able to place orders.
I have preordered in September and was contacted by my dealership(USA) and after sending the confirmation I was told I would need to pay market value rather than MSRP.
Looks like all the dealer fee is about 6000USD.
I feel like I need to ask for my deposit refunded as the dealership is not willing to negotiate.
I was told they are being generous when every other dealership is asking for more.
Anybody in the same boat?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2021, 09:24 AM   #134
kbsilver
Captain
Rep
Drives: 340GT & '22 eDrive40

Quote:
Originally Posted by satvee View Post
I have preordered in September and was contacted by my dealership(USA) and after sending the confirmation I was told I would need to pay market value rather than MSRP.
I feel like I need to ask for my deposit refunded as the dealership is not willing to negotiate.
I was told they are being generous when every other dealership is asking for more.
I would contact BMWNA. As a minimum find another dealer. I've accepted that for the first time in my life I will have to pay MSRP for a car.
Appreciate 1
      11-25-2021, 09:56 AM   #135
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
The consequences of the dealer franchise system. We cannot tell what city you are in, but I'd send emails to the internet sales managers to all dealers within a 4-5 hour drive and solicit bids. I think there was also a dealer on another thread (https://bmwi.bimmerpost.com/forums/s...8#post28291538 post #134)...get his quote too. You can either show a MSRP quote to your local dealer to match or just do the deal with whomever makes a reasonable quote. The cost of trucking is only a few hundred dollars within that range. My last BMW came from a state away and arrived on a one-vehicle flatbed. All went perfectly for a $400 shipping cost while the local dealer couldn't find a car and then wanted $500 in document fees if he did.
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner

Last edited by Sportstick; 11-25-2021 at 10:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2021, 11:18 AM   #136
techwhiz1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335, E70 X5

Quote:
That dealer is playing games. As someone else on this thread said, contact all the dealers in your area. I'd also complain to BMW NA. They can absolutely move dealers in any direction they want by reducing or increasing allocation.

Complain loudly.
please give the name of the dealer.

I may have to pay MSRP for this car, but not a penny more. My dealer doesn't charge a market rate fee on anything I have ever seen there.
      11-25-2021, 11:58 AM   #137
jeffc42
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 BMW 335i, on order: i4 M50

Quote:
Is, in fact, every other dealership near you asking for more? Have you talked to others? It's quite possible that asking for your deposit refunded might--repeat, might--get them to negotiate.

If by "every other dealership" they're implying every dealership in the entire country, that is simply false. My dealer is charging MSRP and not a penny more (though I haven't gotten to the "fees" stage yet).
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2021, 12:14 PM   #138
spool twice
Rainbow Racer
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4cs

Garage List
2019 M4cs  [0.00]
My Florida dealer is MSRP only without mark-up. Hopefully by then they will have loyalty incentives and I can obtain an $1000 OL from a BMW driving event like I did on my last vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2021, 04:50 PM   #139
techwhiz1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335, E70 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffc42 View Post
Quote:
Is, in fact, every other dealership near you asking for more? Have you talked to others? It's quite possible that asking for your deposit refunded might--repeat, might--get them to negotiate.

If by "every other dealership" they're implying every dealership in the entire country, that is simply false. My dealer is charging MSRP and not a penny more (though I haven't gotten to the "fees" stage yet).
There are dealers.in California that are no hassle

They charge MSRP and not market adjustment.
One in Fairfield, Ça advertises that they are no hassle.

Dealers that do the "market adjustment" thing are slimy and not only would I not give them my money and they would never see me for service

Short sighted assholes.
      11-26-2021, 11:30 AM   #140
satvee
Rep
Drives: F10 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by spool twice View Post
My Florida dealer is MSRP only without mark-up. Hopefully by then they will have loyalty incentives and I can obtain an $1000 OL from a BMW driving event like I did on my last vehicle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spool twice View Post
Can you please give me the name of Florida dealership, I would like to contact them.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2021, 02:24 PM   #141
BimmerBahn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5, 2022 i4 M50

Garage List
2019 BMW X5  [0.00]
2017 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Can you please give me the name of Florida dealership, I would like to contact them.
I've always used John Weltzien @ Braman WPB... he's good people!

jweltzien at bramanmc.com
      11-27-2021, 09:57 AM   #142
CALQL8R
Rep
Drives: 2017 440ix msport mineral grey

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 M50  [0.00]
2017 BMW 440ix  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by techwhiz1 View Post
My pre-order was.done on June 2.
it was via PayPal and the dealer immediately contacted me.

The internet sales manager has been I'm constant contact.

He told.me in Oct when the site would go live.
I already had my configuration done because I had played with the Canadian site.

I went online and then sent him the link for my build.
He sent me a pdf back and had.me double check.

All confirmed and nothing more than my pre-order deposit needed. Said he'd contact me later with build date.

I'm in Northern California.
Same for me in South Florida.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2021, 10:48 AM   #143
GGTB
Registered
Rep
Drives: I4 M50

ordered i4 m50 in Nov

mine ordered 5 Nov. 21. expected May 22..
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 05:53 PM   #144
SheriffLobo
Registered
Rep
Drives: MX-5 RF, BMW i4M50 (preorder)

Just placed an order yesterday in dravit blue with the carbon exterior package.

According to my CA, it seems deliveries in Canada may happen as early as summer, although my delivery estimate is now Oct 22. CA did mention that he expects it to be earlier than that however.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 11:29 PM   #145
Suncoastdrives
Rep
Drives: 2013 528i

Question When will my i4 be delivered

I pre-ordered the car on the first day , June 1 in USA. I configured the car on the first day available , Nov. 18 in USA.
I spoke with my salesman and went through the configuration of the vehicle on Nov. 19 and signed off on a spec sheet and gave him my confirmation #.
I feel like not much is happening now. Salesman collected my info, but says now the dealer has to wait for their "allocation". I don't think he totally I'm knows what's next. Does anybody here know how this moves forward. My Hope was putting deposit down within hours of window opening and hurriedly configuring the vehicle would get it moving . Do I call dealership and bug them some more or just sit and do nothing hoping th dealers will push my order through. Perhaps BMW isn't actually taking the configurations as of yet or I think I would get something official from them ??
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 07:11 AM   #146
SheriffLobo
Registered
Rep
Drives: MX-5 RF, BMW i4M50 (preorder)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoastdrives View Post
I pre-ordered the car on the first day , June 1 in USA. I configured the car on the first day available , Nov. 18 in USA.
I spoke with my salesman and went through the configuration of the vehicle on Nov. 19 and signed off on a spec sheet and gave him my confirmation #.
I feel like not much is happening now. Salesman collected my info, but says now the dealer has to wait for their "allocation". I don't think he totally I'm knows what's next. Does anybody here know how this moves forward. My Hope was putting deposit down within hours of window opening and hurriedly configuring the vehicle would get it moving . Do I call dealership and bug them some more or just sit and do nothing hoping th dealers will push my order through. Perhaps BMW isn't actually taking the configurations as of yet or I think I would get something official from them ??
Nothing to do but wait right now. In North America at least, all the dealerships are waiting for their allocations to be assigned. Pre-ordering gets your foot in the door so to speak, builds will only be finalized in the coming weeks/months once Munich has started giving out allocations.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 07:43 AM   #147
kbsilver
Captain
Rep

I think BMW is surprised by the demand. I'm not. It took longer than it should (requiring a change at the top) for them to realize the importance of BEV.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 01:12 PM   #148
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbsilver View Post
I think BMW is surprised by the demand. I'm not. It took longer than it should (requiring a change at the top) for them to realize the importance of BEV.
BMW realized the market importance of EV more than 8 years ago, what they did not have was the right EV all this time.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 01:24 PM   #149
i4M5022
Registered
Rep
Drives: Toyota MR2 MK2 Rev 5

I contacted my supplying dealer through the lease company today, they say April, but until they have a build slot, they cant commit to anything. So that’s a, “we have no idea.”

My local Sytner reckon July / Aug and the dealer that purchased my 135i reckon August.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 05:09 PM   #150
nickel_76
Registered
Rep
Drives: 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4monks View Post
A prophet eh... the 19"s are totally fine with me
I'd do 19s as well for ride and durability..
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2021, 05:25 PM   #151
Mike i4 M50
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW i3 REX (Solar Orange)

I visited my dealer today - still no production number / build week yet. I pre-ordered an M50 on 6/1 and received a confirmation email on 6/8. Hopefully soon!
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2021, 06:32 PM   #152
kbsilver
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike i4 M50 View Post
I visited my dealer today - still no production number / build week yet. I pre-ordered an M50 on 6/1 and received a confirmation email on 6/8. Hopefully soon!
Thanks for the update. Think there are many here in the USA waiting for the allocations to start.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2021, 03:39 AM   #153
taitam
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 X-Drive 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike i4 M50 View Post
Same here in the UK. I reserved in June like yourself and the dealer has no news as of yesterday. I'm sure something will happen soon. The good news is I'm definitely looking forward to the car, the bad news is I keep changing the spec - the colour moves between Dravit grey with Tacora red interior or Brooklyn grey and black!

G 82 M4 X-Drive Aventurine Red III
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2021, 06:47 PM   #154
RedKloud
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 M50

Anyone knows what APR BMWFS is offering on the M50 here in US?
Appreciate 0