shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneya View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
Well, you see how all the slower cars are on the right? It doesn't work like that everywhere 😂

Two places come to mind immediately. Egypt and Mexico. Go drive there and tell me if it's even possible to go 60 mph on their roads let alone max speed, lol. They have no laws they drive anywhere in any direction at any given time. Nobody knows left is to pass right is for slower moving traffic. The street might be 2-3 lanes but there will be 4-6 cars crammed into a 2-3 lane road.

Okay fine, not as developed all over (and yes, plenty of places in these countries that are developed but not everywhere) like Germany, Canada, US et all. Same thing. You see how the slower moving traffic was in the right lane? Yeah not in North America nor will they get out your way.

However, I am super envious of your roads and no limits.
I've driven well above 60mph within a 2hour radius of Mexico City and it was not significantly different from US, Canada, or most of Europe.
Mexico City used to issue drivers licenses with just proof of residence and $50. No tests were given, written or driven. This didn't change until 2014-2015. This wasn't exclusive to M.C either. Terrifying when you think about it, lol.
Regardless, last time I drove in Mexico was probably 2012. Things evolve get better. Usually.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2021, 04:57 PM   #90
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauldunlop13 View Post
Quote:
It's funny you say that. Studies show its the slower than the flow of traffic vehicles that cause the majority of accidents. The other moving at pace vehicles have to go AROUND the slower moving vehicle and that leads to accidents.

Obviously not every time but more often than not. Doesn't explain the airborne f80 as he's leaving cars and coffee.
I totally agree - left this slow part out - everyone who drives too slow in the passing lane, causes the people behind to do 2 lane changes that they shouldn't need to
Some states (I know Indians for sure) they will pull you over and cite you if you are moving slower than the speed of traffic or under speed limit. Freeways I believe.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2021, 08:47 PM   #91
Noneya
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 X5MC, '14 X1 35i M sport

Garage List
2021 X5MC  [0.00]
Quote:
Mexico City used to issue drivers licenses with just proof of residence and $50. No tests were given, written or driven. This didn't change until 2014-2015. This wasn't exclusive to M.C either. Terrifying when you think about it, lol.
Regardless, last time I drove in Mexico was probably 2012. Things evolve get better. Usually.
Interesting. My experience is from 2015 and it was unremarkable in terms of driving (and wonderful otherwise).
Appreciate 0