Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

11-12-2007, 08:03 PM   #1
Dmitriy@AUTOcouture
Major
Rep
Drives: carefully

What is your gym locker room etiquette?

After working out at the gym, I go to the locker room to change and go in the sauna and steam room (which are located inside the locker room). With that said, which law do you abide by when changing and walking around one area of the locker room to another (such as the sauna, steam room, shower, etc.)

Here's my way of doing things:

I get a towel from the front counter, go to my locker, and proceed to do the following:

1. Take off the sweats
2. Wrap towel around my waist
3. Reach under and take off my underwear
4. Replace underwear with swim trunks
5. Take off the towel and walk to my desired location.

I really skeeve the people who prance around naked with thier schlongs freely flopping around. To quote Jerry Sienfeld "Theres no layer of clothing between me and them" and that really freaks me out

No offense to anyone here by the way, just wanted to get an idea for how people look at this certain scenario.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2007, 08:11 PM   #2
MoreCowbell
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 24 i5M60 23 X740 23 Vette Z06

This is a generational thing. You just don't see people below the age of 40 walking around the locker room having conversations while their junk just swings freely. To me, it's just bizarre.

My routine is similar to yours.

I look at these guys and I think... I am more than happy to discuss to the stock market with you while I am in the locker room, but why must you have a conversation with your package hanging out???

Last edited by MoreCowbell; 11-12-2007 at 08:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2007, 08:15 PM   #3
Taittinger
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue E92

Garage List
2007 335i Cpe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
This is a generational things. You jst don't see people below the age of 40 walking around the locker room having conversations while their junk just swings frely. To me, it's just bizarre.

I look at these guys and I think... I am more than happy to discuss to the stock market with you while I am in the locker room, but why must you have a conversation with your package hanging out???
And they are always the nastiest, flabbiest ones.

'07 Monaco Blue 335i ordered 9/4 built 9/21 shipped 9/28 arrived 10/12 at dealership 10/18 vroom 10/19 christened 11/3...
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2007, 08:45 PM   #4
Dmitriy@AUTOcouture
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
This is a generational thing. You just don't see people below the age of 40 walking around the locker room having conversations while their junk just swings freely. To me, it's just bizarre.

I disagree with the generational thing. I see many guys below 40 walking around like nothing is wrong and having casual conversations about thier daily life.

This to me is rediculous and when they come swingin my way, I usually dart the other way.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2007, 09:13 PM   #5
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
i just kind of leave my cock hanging out the slit in my boxers and walk aroudn like everything is well and jolly!

lol, jk. i go in the stalls to change. i dont kno if u got em.
      11-12-2007, 09:20 PM   #6
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
well i dont ever shower or use the sauna at my gym. i just go there to lift...? lols

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2007, 10:21 PM   #7
inabis
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
I stare at the ground...no smiles, headphones on....since my area is predomintely white and I'm not, they leave me alone ...the only reson I go in there is for the locker...whats really grosses me out is naked ppl at the urinal...that's just not kosher maaannn
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2007, 12:03 AM   #8
Alpine
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
For those of you who played on sports teams, you should probably be used to strippin down in the locker room. 10 years of ice hockey made me numb to it I guess. I don't really have a big problem with it, but I don't really do it myself anymore. Personally, in my school's gym locker room, I just keep to my business- get in and get out.
      11-13-2007, 12:11 AM   #9
stooken
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5

i walk in, open my locker, grab my belongings and go home.
      11-13-2007, 12:41 AM   #10
nmulax
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
For those of you who played on sports teams, you should probably be used to strippin down in the locker room. 10 years of ice hockey made me numb to it I guess. I don't really have a big problem with it, but I don't really do it myself anymore. Personally, in my school's gym locker room, I just keep to my business- get in and get out.
+1 (to some extent)
I grew up playing hockey as well, so know exactly what you're saying.

But it still freaks me out to see some 50 year-old man bare ass naked cruising around the locker.
      11-13-2007, 12:53 AM   #11
BMWE90
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335

dude I used to go to Club Sport and went into the Jacuzzi and there were dudes walking and lying around naked. It's just fucking weird.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2007, 02:55 PM   #12
derek0480
DROPPIN' LOADS
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

Garage List
2007 335i coupe  [0.00]
At my gym, we nicknamed the dudes that walk around the locker room naked as "Trollers"

Cause they troll around there all day. Some of them never even leave the locker room...sit there and watch TV and go to the steam room then to the whirlpool.

It's mostly old dudes and I guess I don't expect them to be out on the treadmill running 5 miles....but for christs sake it's not social club. Work out and go home.

I hate trollers.
      11-13-2007, 04:00 PM   #13
stooken
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek0480 View Post
At my gym, we nicknamed the dudes that walk around the locker room naked as "Trollers"

Cause they troll around there all day. Some of them never even leave the locker room...sit there and watch TV and go to the steam room then to the whirlpool.

It's mostly old dudes and I guess I don't expect them to be out on the treadmill running 5 miles....but for christs sake it's not social club. Work out and go home.

I hate trollers.
i guess you were in there long enough to notice?
      11-13-2007, 06:03 PM   #14
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiemyster View Post
i just kind of leave my cock hanging out the slit in my boxers and walk aroudn like everything is well and jolly!

lol, jk. i go in the stalls to change. i dont kno if u got em.

Actually that's how the old guys roll. Talk about nasty.

I never use the gym locker room. I go straight from work, then from the gym to home. And if I stop somewhere on the way home, tough shit. If people don't like the way I smell then they can move out of my way.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2007, 06:31 PM   #15
RenaultOne
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 328i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpuntik View Post
I disagree with the generational thing. I see many guys below 40 walking around like nothing is wrong and having casual conversations about thier daily life.

This to me is rediculous and when they come swingin my way, I usually dart the other way.
It is funny to see how people who have grown up in America for all their lives react to NUDITY (all links back to our Puritan roots). Your comments remind of friends my age talking about the "ugly" and "sick" liver spots an old person has. We were born naked so deal with it (as you can see I am a proponent of public nudity). I have come and grown to deal with it because I am an open-minded person who has traveled and seen public nudity "at its worse" in other countries, but now I have gotten used to it. I would like to see how other people my age would act (esp. those from other countries) to nudity.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2007, 10:03 PM   #16
Dmitriy@AUTOcouture
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaultOne View Post
It is funny to see how people who have grown up in America for all their lives react to NUDITY (all links back to our Puritan roots). Your comments remind of friends my age talking about the "ugly" and "sick" liver spots an old person has. We were born naked so deal with it (as you can see I am a proponent of public nudity). I have come and grown to deal with it because I am an open-minded person who has traveled and seen public nudity "at its worse" in other countries, but now I have gotten used to it. I would like to see how other people my age would act (esp. those from other countries) to nudity.
To each thier own man, exactly why at the begining of my post I said "no offense to anyone here, I just want to see other people's reaction towards this"

However since I did grow up in America (having been born in Moscow, Russia), I will express my freedom of speech:

As a person who believes in public nudity, I think you should definetly question your motives. I understand that many generations/nationalities/religeon's before our time are used to walking around and going about thier daily life without any clothes on; However the keyword here is BEFORE OUR TIME. We are in 2007 going on 2008, how the hell are you going to tell me that it is OK for you to come strolling at me with your schlong all out an about and start up a casual conversation about the current crisis in Iraq?

I don't think it matters what countries you have visited or what level of nudity you have seen. What does that prove? That since you have seen people naked in more than one country that you should take your pants off and participate in indecent exposure? Don't be part of the herd man.

Why don't you just do it in the privacy of your own home? I for one will tell you, I really do not want to see your penis. And I'm sure I'm not the only one on here that doesn't. But I will duly note it just in case I see you come swinging at me, to walk (or run for that matter) in the opposite direction.
Appreciate 0