BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW i8 Forums BMW i8 General Discussion

02-15-2017, 07:40 AM   #45
SteveB_UK
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i8

I've had a rethink on keeping the stock tyres after driving on them in cold weather where normal "summer" tyres perform badly i.e. < 7C. I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of grip the stock tyres offered to the point that I will likely keep them as the compound must be a little softer than normal for them to work so well in the cold and wet.

Shame the i8 specific compound isn't available in larger S001 sizes! I want larger tyres as a little extra rim protection from the kerbs - the grip levels are fine for a road car.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 08:09 AM   #46
Mightymousemighty
Second Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: i8(16) RangeR (15) TeslaX (17)

I'll be the g-pig for an focus group experiment.

If someone can give me alternatives for stock turbines. I will buy and try.

I could search myself but where is the fun in that!!
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 08:33 AM   #47
Amgeater2
Major
Rep
Drives: X6M, M8, Mc 600LT, 296GTB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveB_UK View Post
I've had a rethink on keeping the stock tyres after driving on them in cold weather where normal "summer" tyres perform badly i.e. < 7C. I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of grip the stock tyres offered to the point that I will likely keep them as the compound must be a little softer than normal for them to work so well in the cold and wet.

Shame the i8 specific compound isn't available in larger S001 sizes! I want larger tyres as a little extra rim protection from the kerbs - the grip levels are fine for a road car.
Incorrect the S001 is avaliable on a 275 35 20 with the same compound as the stock sizes 280 A A
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 08:34 AM   #48
Amgeater2
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightymousemighty View Post
I'll be the g-pig for an focus group experiment.

If someone can give me alternatives for stock turbines. I will buy and try.

I could search myself but where is the fun in that!!
easy brother here its

Rear tires to the front and just buy 2 new tires for the rear 275 35 40 Bridgestone Potenza S001
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 12:45 PM   #49
Mightymousemighty
Second Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amgeater2 View Post
easy brother here its

Rear tires to the front and just buy 2 new tires for the rear 275 35 40 Bridgestone Potenza S001
Any other makes? U will see from a post I will shortly make stock tyres are crap at seaweed
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 01:09 PM   #50
Amgeater2
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightymousemighty View Post
Any other makes? U will see from a post I will shortly make stock tyres are crap at seaweed
Yeah Plenty:

CONTINENTAL
CONTISPORTCONTACT 3

CONTINENTAL
EXTREMECONTACT DW

DUNLOP
SP SPORT MAXX GT

GOODYEAR
EAGLE F1 ASYMMETRIC 2 RUNONFLAT

HANKOOK
VENTUS V12 EVO2

MICHELIN
PILOT SPORT 4S

MICHELIN
PILOT SUPER SPORT

PIRELLI
P ZERO

PIRELLI
P ZERO RUN FLAT

BFGOODRICH
G-FORCE COMP-2 A/S

YOKOHAMA
ADVAN SPORT A/S
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 06:35 PM   #51
SteveB_UK
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Incorrect the S001 is avaliable on a 275 35 20 with the same compound as the stock sizes 280 A A
This is not advertised as an i8 compound. How can you be sure it is the same?

The fuel efficiency and wet grip ratings differ between the 275 and 245 i8 tyre. This means they are not the same compound.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 08:37 PM   #52
Amgeater2
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The fuel efficiency and wet grip ratings differ between the 275 and 245 i8 tyre. This means they are not the same compound.
I listed the compound for you on my prior post : but if you want re-assurance here it's

Rear:
245/40R20 99W Load Range: XL UTQG: 280 A A Sidewall Style:
Blackwall Star BMW (original BMW equipment)

How you can see the compound is the same 280 A A
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 04:17 PM   #53
SteveB_UK
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I listed the compound for you on my prior post : but if you want re-assurance here it's

Rear:

You've listed complete details of the actual i8 tyre but just said that as the treadwear, traction and temperature grades are the same on the 275 then the compounds must be the same.

Here's what is listed on the site I tend to buy tyres from:

http://www.oponeo.co.uk/tyre-details...32420799_label

This shows the compound as F (efficiency) and B (wet grip - braking)

The other 275 available:

http://www.oponeo.co.uk/tyre-details...-ro1#124991763

This shows the compound as E (efficiency) and C (wet grip)

These are clearly two different compounds and potentially sidewall construction as the ratings are different.

Now let's look at the actual i8 tyre:

http://www.oponeo.co.uk/tyre-details...w-i8#132037890

This shows the compound as E (efficiency) and A (wet grip)

Again different compounds. Highlighted by the wet grip capability.

The load ratings of the 275s and the i8 tyres are also different. Potentially highlighting different sidewall characteristics.

The 280 A A that you believe means the tyres are the same is not sufficient to make that assertion. Have a read of:

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiret....jsp?techid=48

One of my friends works for Nissan and his job was specifying and testing the compounds, sidewall construction, etc for their cars. There is a lot more to a tyre'a construction than data you're using.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 04:59 PM   #54
Amgeater2
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Rear:

You've listed complete details of the actual i8 tyre but just said that as the treadwear, traction and temperature grades are the same on the 275 then the compounds must be the same.

The other 275 available:

These are clearly two different compounds and potentially sidewall construction as the ratings are different.

The load ratings of the 275s and the i8 tyres are also different. Potentially highlighting different sidewall characteristics.

The 280 A A that you believe means the tyres are the same is not sufficient to make that assertion. Have a read of:

One of my friends works for Nissan and his job was specifying and testing the compounds, sidewall construction, etc for their cars. There is a lot more to a tyre'a construction than data you're using.
As you wish don't buy them I have over 14 years in the wheel and tire industry so I think I know a little bit a about what compound means and how it's rated.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 01:43 AM   #55
Emon Crew
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' crystal white i8

Quote:
As you wish don't buy them I have over 14 years in the wheel and tire industry so I think I know a little bit a about what compound means and how it's rated.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2017, 09:54 PM   #56
SteveB_UK
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emon Crew View Post

Quote:
I'm CTO for Avon/Cooper tyres in the U.K.. He hasn't answered a single question I've raised. Classic Internet forum BS.

Do you want to believe him?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2017, 10:10 PM   #57
SteveB_UK
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Rear:

The other 275 available:

Please can you use your 14 years to explain my questions then?

And whilst you do, from safety, tyre performance and insurance coverage perspectives please explain why it's ok to fit a much wider tyre to an i8 stock rim when the tyre specifies a wider rim than stock is needed?
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2017, 09:17 AM   #58
Amgeater2
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Rear:

The other 275 available:

Please can you use your 14 years to explain my questions then?

And whilst you do, from safety, tyre performance and insurance coverage perspectives please explain why it's ok to fit a much wider tyre to an i8 stock rim when the tyre specifies a wider rim than stock is needed?
That was not your original question, as you may go back and see on your prior post you were asking about the compound of the tire. I am not wasting any more of my time and effort to explain things to somebody that it's set his on way or the highway, please don't bother on replaying as I am done with your none sense and/or the conversation. (Let's see if you follow instructions)

Stick to the thread and do something positive thank you..
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2017, 09:22 AM   #59
Amgeater2
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
I'm CTO for Avon/Cooper tyres in the U.K.. He hasn't answered a single question I've raised. Classic Internet forum BS.

Lmao now he works for a tire company, before it was that his friend was a pilot on testing tires for Nissan... (Specifically on compound and side wall) What is next ? your wife measures the lifespan of the tires for NASA, I think everyone here gets the point of who is putting up the classic BS of the forum.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2017, 09:21 AM   #60
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

Here is partly what I suspect SteveB is referring to. What follows is a list of available Michelin Pilot Super Sports tires in 20". As you can see, for some sizes there are multiple variants, often engineered specifically to suit can manufacturer specs (e.g., Ferrari or Porsche). There are several variants of Michelin Pilot Sports tires that are possible options. Here is a list of sizes for the MPSS:

225/35ZR20 (90Y) XL
300 AA A 1,323 lbs. 50 psi 10/32" 22 lbs. 7.5-9" 8" 9.1" 8.8" 26.2" 793 FR
235/35ZR20 (92Y) XL
K1 Ferrari 300 AA A 1,389 lbs. 50 psi 10/32" 22 lbs. 8-9.5" 8.5" 9.5" 9" 26.5" 786 FR
235/35ZR20 (88Y) SL
2011 Production 300 AA A 1,235 lbs. 51 psi 10/32" 22 lbs. 8-9.5" 8.5" 9.5" 9" 26.5" FR
245/30ZR20(90Y) XL
300 AA A 1,323 lbs. 50 psi 10/32" 23 lbs. 8-9" 8.5" 9.7" 9.7" 25.8" 805 FR
245/35ZR20 (95Y) XL
K1 Ferrari 300 AA A 1,521 lbs. 50 psi 9/32" 23 lbs. 8-9.5" 8.5" 9.8" 9.4" 26.8" 777 FR
245/35ZR20 (95Y) XL
K3 Ferrari 300 AA A 1,521 lbs. 50 psi 9/32" 23 lbs. 8-9.5" 8.5" 9.8" 8.8" 26.8" 777 FR
245/35ZR20 (95Y) XL
K2 Ferrari 300 AA A 1,521 lbs. 50 psi 9/32" 23 lbs. 8-9.5" 8.5" 9.8" 8.4" 26.8" 777 FR
245/35ZR20 (95Y) XL
300 AA A 1,521 lbs. 50 psi 10/32" 23 lbs. 8-9.5" 8.5" 9.8" 8.5" 26.8" 777 FR
245/40ZR20 (99Y) XL
Star BMW 300 AA A 1,709 lbs. 50 psi 9/32" 26 lbs. 8-9.5" 8.5" 9.8" 8.7" 27.7" 750 FR
245/40ZR20 (99Y) XL
300 AA A 1,709 lbs. 50 psi 10/32" 26 lbs. 8-9.5" 8.5" 9.8" 8.7" 27.7" 750 FR
245/45ZR20 (103Y) XL
300 AA A 1,929 lbs. 50 psi 10/32" 26 lbs. 7.5-9" 8" 9.6" 8.5" 28.7" 726 US
255/30ZR20 (92Y) XL
300 AA A 1,389 lbs. 50 psi 10/32" 23 lbs. 8.5-9.5" 9" 10.2" 8.8" 26.1" 798 FR
255/35ZR20 (97Y) XL
300 AA A 1,609 lbs. 50 psi 10/32" 25 lbs. 8.5-10" 9" 10.2" 9.2" 27" 770 FR
255/35ZR20 (97Y) RF
K2 Ferrari 300 AA A 1,609 lbs. 51 psi 7/32" 25 lbs. 8.5-10" 9" 10.2" 9.2" 27" 770 FR
255/40ZR20 (101Y) XL
N0(Porsche) 300 AA A 1,819 lbs. 50 psi 9/32" 27 lbs. 8.5-10" 9" 10.2" 10" 28" 742 FR
255/40ZR20 (101Y) XL
300 AA A 1,819 lbs. 50 psi 10/32" 28 lbs. 8.5-10" 9.5" 10.2" 9" 28" 742 US
255/45ZR20 (105Y) XL
300 AA A 2,039 lbs. 50 psi 10/32" 29 lbs. 8-9.5" 8.5" 10" 9" 29.1" 716 US
265/30ZR20 (94Y) XL
300 AA A 1,477 lbs. 50 psi 10/32" 26 lbs. 9-10" 9.5" 10.7" 10" 26.3" 791 US
265/30ZR20 (94Y) XL
Star BMW 300 AA A 1,477 lbs. 50 psi /32" 24 lbs. 0-0" 8.9" FR
265/35ZR20 (99Y) XL
Star BMW 300 AA A 1,709 lbs. 50 psi 9/32" 25 lbs. 9-10.5" 9.5" 10.7" 9.7" 27.3" 761 FR
275/30ZR20 (97Y) XL
300 AA A 1,609 lbs. 50 psi 10/32" 26 lbs. 9-10" 9.5" 10.9" 10.1" 26.5" 784 FR
275/35ZR20 (102Y) XL
300 AA A 1,874 lbs. 50 psi 10/32" 27 lbs. 9-11" 9.5" 10.9" 10.1" 27.6" 755 FR
275/35ZR20 (102Y) XL
Star BMW 300 AA A 1,874 lbs. 50 psi 9/32" 27 lbs. 9-11" 9.5" 10.9" 9.7" 27.6" 755 FR
285/25ZR20 (93Y) XL
300 AA A 1,433 lbs. 50 psi 10/32" 28 lbs. 10.5-10.5" 10.5" 11.6" 10.5" 25.6" 813 FR
285/30ZR20 (99Y) XL
300 AA A 1,709 lbs. 50 psi 10/32" 27 lbs. 9.5-10.5" 10" 11.4" 10.2" 26.8" 777 FR
285/30ZR20 (99Y) XL
K1 Ferrari 300 AA A 1,709 lbs. 50 psi 7/32" 24 lbs. 9.5-10.5" 10" 11.4" 9.5" 26.8" 777 FR
285/30ZR20 (99Y) XL
Star BMW 300 AA A 1,709 lbs. 50 psi /32" 26 lbs. 0-0" 9.9" FR
285/35ZR20 (104Y) XL
K2 Ferrari 300 AA A 1,984 lbs. 50 psi 9/32" 30 lbs. 9.5-11" 10" 11.4" 10.1" 27.9" 746 FR
285/35ZR20 (104Y) XL
300 AA A 1,984 lbs. 50 psi 10/32" 30 lbs. 9.5-11" 10" 11.4" 10.5" 27.9" 746 US
295/25ZR20 (95Y) XL
300 AA A 1,521 lbs. 50 psi 10/32" 27 lbs. 10-11" 10.5" 11.9" 11.2" 25.8" 805 FR
295/30ZR20 (101Y) XL
MO Mercedes 300 AA A 1,819 lbs. 50 psi 10/32" 29 lbs. 10-11" 10.5" 11.9" 9.4" 27" 770 FR
295/30ZR20 (101Y) XL
300 AA A 1,819 lbs. 50 psi 10/32" 29 lbs. 10-11" 10.5" 11.9" 11.5" 27" FR
295/30ZR20 (101Y) XL
Star BMW 300 AA A 1,819 lbs. 50 psi 9/32" 29 lbs. 10-11" 10.5" 11.9" 11.6" 27" 770 FR
295/35ZR20 (105Y) XL
K1 Ferrari 300 AA A 2,039 lbs. 50 psi 9/32" 30 lbs. 10-11.5" 10.5" 11.9" 12" 28.1" 740 FR
295/35ZR20 (101Y) SL
K1 Ferrari 300 AA A 1,819 lbs. 51 psi 9/32" 31 lbs. 10-11.5" 10.5" 11.9" 11.6" 28.1" 740 FR
295/35ZR20 (105Y) XL
N0(Porsche)300 AA A 2,039 lbs. 50 psi 9/32" 30 lbs. 10-11.5" 10.5" 11.9" 11.5" 28.1" 740 FR
305/25ZR20 (97Y) XL
300 AA A 1,609 lbs. 50 psi 10/32" 27 lbs. 10.5-11.5" 11" 12.3" 11.1" 26" 801 FR
305/30ZR20 (103Y) XL
K3 Ferrari 300 AA A 1,929 lbs. 50 psi 9/32" 31 lbs. 10.5-11.5" 11" 12.3" 11.4" 27.2" 764 FR
305/30ZR20 (103Y) XL
300 AA A 1,929 lbs. 50 psi 9/32" 31 lbs. 10.5-11.5" 11" 12.3" 11.8" 27.2" 764 FR
315/35ZR20 (110Y) XL
K1 Ferrari 300 AA A 2,337 lbs. 50 psi 7/32" 33 lbs. 10.5-12.5" 11" 12.6" 11.5" 28.7" 726 FR
315/35ZR20 (110Y) XL
K2 Ferrari 300 AA A 2,337 lbs. 50 psi 10/32" 34 lbs. 10.5-12.5" 11" 12.6" 11.6" 28.7" 726 FR
325/25ZR20 (101Y) XL
300 AA A 1,819 lbs. 50 psi 9/32" 31 lbs. 11.5-12.5" 12" 13.2" 13.1" 26.3" 788 FR
335/30ZR20 (108Y) XL
N0(Porsche) 300 AA A 2,205 lbs. 50 psi 9/32" 35 lbs. 11.5-12.5" 12" 13.5" 13" 28" 744 US
345/30ZR20 (106Y) SL
300 AA A 2,094 lbs. 51 psi 10/32" 35 lbs. 12-13" 12.5" 14" 12.7" 28.1" 716 FR
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34171.50
      02-23-2017, 11:16 AM   #61
Mightymousemighty
Second Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGR View Post
Anyone got an answer on this? I had a flat last night so might as well go as wide as poss on my standard rims, running 245/40/R20 at the moment on the rear.
I've opened another thread on this specifically for MPilot Super Sports. Hopefully somebody can help, If you fancy a £170 experiment you can get a Michelin Pilot Super Sport slightly wider for the front, Michelin do the rear sizes, i just need someone to tell me if it rubs. I would have thought 5mm would be fine on either side????
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2017, 04:51 PM   #62
SteveB_UK
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Lmao now he works for a tire company, before it was that his friend was a pilot on testing tires for Nissan... (Specifically on compound and side wall) What is next ? your wife measures the lifespan of the tires for NASA, I think everyone here gets the point of who is putting up the classic BS of the forum.
You don't get it do you?

You haven't a clue who I am, what I do or what the guy with 14 years of alleged experience really does either.

His posting looks to me like classic forum bullshit/trolling/whatever. All I'm asking are questions about tyres and suitability for our cars from a safety and legality perspective. But he's chose. To throw his toys out of the pram and not to answer. Perhaps because he can't...

I don't work for a tyre company. But I said I did on a forum so that must make it true. Like Mr 14 years said he has worked in the tyre industry on a forum so that must be true also - or perhaps not?

I actually worked for three Anti-Virus companies for 20 years but I don't know how to write a computer virus (Malware as they are more fashionably called!). So 14 years in the tyre industry may still make him unable to answer my questions....

The sad thing is that he can't even bother to answer some basic questions about tyres which his boasting of 14 years of experience in the industry would suggest he should be perfectly capable of. And in the spirit of the forum and helping fellow enthusiasts it would be nice to learn for his experience - if he actually has any!?!

But I'm not too interested now and will have a word with my friend who I know does know his stuff!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2017, 04:55 PM   #63
SteveB_UK
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressdoc View Post
Here is partly what I suspect SteveB is referring to. What follows is a list of available Michelin Pilot Super Sports tires in 20". As you can see, for some sizes there are multiple variants, often engineered specifically to suit can manufacturer specs (e.g., Ferrari or Porsche). There are several variants of Michelin Pilot Sports tires that are possible options. Here is a list of sizes for the MPSS:

225/35ZR20 (90Y) XL
300 AA A 1,323 lbs. 50 psi 10/32" 22 lbs. 7.5-9" 8" 9.1" 8.8" 26.2" 793 FR
235/35ZR20 (92Y) XL
K1 Ferrari 300 AA A 1,389 lbs. 50 psi 10/32" 22 lbs. 8-9.5" 8.5" 9.5" 9" 26.5" 786 FR
235/35ZR20 (88Y) SL
2011 Production 300 AA A 1,235 lbs. 51 psi 10/32" 22 lbs. 8-9.5" 8.5" 9.5" 9" 26.5" FR
245/30ZR20(90Y) XL
300 AA A 1,323 lbs. 50 psi 10/32" 23 lbs. 8-9" 8.5" 9.7" 9.7" 25.8" 805 FR
245/35ZR20 (95Y) XL
K1 Ferrari 300 AA A 1,521 lbs. 50 psi 9/32" 23 lbs. 8-9.5" 8.5" 9.8" 9.4" 26.8" 777 FR
245/35ZR20 (95Y) XL
K3 Ferrari 300 AA A 1,521 lbs. 50 psi 9/32" 23 lbs. 8-9.5" 8.5" 9.8" 8.8" 26.8" 777 FR
245/35ZR20 (95Y) XL
K2 Ferrari 300 AA A 1,521 lbs. 50 psi 9/32" 23 lbs. 8-9.5" 8.5" 9.8" 8.4" 26.8" 777 FR
245/35ZR20 (95Y) XL
300 AA A 1,521 lbs. 50 psi 10/32" 23 lbs. 8-9.5" 8.5" 9.8" 8.5" 26.8" 777 FR
245/40ZR20 (99Y) XL
Star BMW 300 AA A 1,709 lbs. 50 psi 9/32" 26 lbs. 8-9.5" 8.5" 9.8" 8.7" 27.7" 750 FR
245/40ZR20 (99Y) XL
300 AA A 1,709 lbs. 50 psi 10/32" 26 lbs. 8-9.5" 8.5" 9.8" 8.7" 27.7" 750 FR
245/45ZR20 (103Y) XL
300 AA A 1,929 lbs. 50 psi 10/32" 26 lbs. 7.5-9" 8" 9.6" 8.5" 28.7" 726 US
255/30ZR20 (92Y) XL
300 AA A 1,389 lbs. 50 psi 10/32" 23 lbs. 8.5-9.5" 9" 10.2" 8.8" 26.1" 798 FR
255/35ZR20 (97Y) XL
300 AA A 1,609 lbs. 50 psi 10/32" 25 lbs. 8.5-10" 9" 10.2" 9.2" 27" 770 FR
255/35ZR20 (97Y) RF
K2 Ferrari 300 AA A 1,609 lbs. 51 psi 7/32" 25 lbs. 8.5-10" 9" 10.2" 9.2" 27" 770 FR
255/40ZR20 (101Y) XL
N0(Porsche) 300 AA A 1,819 lbs. 50 psi 9/32" 27 lbs. 8.5-10" 9" 10.2" 10" 28" 742 FR
255/40ZR20 (101Y) XL
300 AA A 1,819 lbs. 50 psi 10/32" 28 lbs. 8.5-10" 9.5" 10.2" 9" 28" 742 US
255/45ZR20 (105Y) XL
300 AA A 2,039 lbs. 50 psi 10/32" 29 lbs. 8-9.5" 8.5" 10" 9" 29.1" 716 US
265/30ZR20 (94Y) XL
300 AA A 1,477 lbs. 50 psi 10/32" 26 lbs. 9-10" 9.5" 10.7" 10" 26.3" 791 US
265/30ZR20 (94Y) XL
Star BMW 300 AA A 1,477 lbs. 50 psi /32" 24 lbs. 0-0" 8.9" FR
265/35ZR20 (99Y) XL
Star BMW 300 AA A 1,709 lbs. 50 psi 9/32" 25 lbs. 9-10.5" 9.5" 10.7" 9.7" 27.3" 761 FR
275/30ZR20 (97Y) XL
300 AA A 1,609 lbs. 50 psi 10/32" 26 lbs. 9-10" 9.5" 10.9" 10.1" 26.5" 784 FR
275/35ZR20 (102Y) XL
300 AA A 1,874 lbs. 50 psi 10/32" 27 lbs. 9-11" 9.5" 10.9" 10.1" 27.6" 755 FR
275/35ZR20 (102Y) XL
Star BMW 300 AA A 1,874 lbs. 50 psi 9/32" 27 lbs. 9-11" 9.5" 10.9" 9.7" 27.6" 755 FR
285/25ZR20 (93Y) XL
300 AA A 1,433 lbs. 50 psi 10/32" 28 lbs. 10.5-10.5" 10.5" 11.6" 10.5" 25.6" 813 FR
285/30ZR20 (99Y) XL
300 AA A 1,709 lbs. 50 psi 10/32" 27 lbs. 9.5-10.5" 10" 11.4" 10.2" 26.8" 777 FR
285/30ZR20 (99Y) XL
K1 Ferrari 300 AA A 1,709 lbs. 50 psi 7/32" 24 lbs. 9.5-10.5" 10" 11.4" 9.5" 26.8" 777 FR
285/30ZR20 (99Y) XL
Star BMW 300 AA A 1,709 lbs. 50 psi /32" 26 lbs. 0-0" 9.9" FR
285/35ZR20 (104Y) XL
K2 Ferrari 300 AA A 1,984 lbs. 50 psi 9/32" 30 lbs. 9.5-11" 10" 11.4" 10.1" 27.9" 746 FR
285/35ZR20 (104Y) XL
300 AA A 1,984 lbs. 50 psi 10/32" 30 lbs. 9.5-11" 10" 11.4" 10.5" 27.9" 746 US
295/25ZR20 (95Y) XL
300 AA A 1,521 lbs. 50 psi 10/32" 27 lbs. 10-11" 10.5" 11.9" 11.2" 25.8" 805 FR
295/30ZR20 (101Y) XL
MO Mercedes 300 AA A 1,819 lbs. 50 psi 10/32" 29 lbs. 10-11" 10.5" 11.9" 9.4" 27" 770 FR
295/30ZR20 (101Y) XL
300 AA A 1,819 lbs. 50 psi 10/32" 29 lbs. 10-11" 10.5" 11.9" 11.5" 27" FR
295/30ZR20 (101Y) XL
Star BMW 300 AA A 1,819 lbs. 50 psi 9/32" 29 lbs. 10-11" 10.5" 11.9" 11.6" 27" 770 FR
295/35ZR20 (105Y) XL
K1 Ferrari 300 AA A 2,039 lbs. 50 psi 9/32" 30 lbs. 10-11.5" 10.5" 11.9" 12" 28.1" 740 FR
295/35ZR20 (101Y) SL
K1 Ferrari 300 AA A 1,819 lbs. 51 psi 9/32" 31 lbs. 10-11.5" 10.5" 11.9" 11.6" 28.1" 740 FR
295/35ZR20 (105Y) XL
N0(Porsche)300 AA A 2,039 lbs. 50 psi 9/32" 30 lbs. 10-11.5" 10.5" 11.9" 11.5" 28.1" 740 FR
305/25ZR20 (97Y) XL
300 AA A 1,609 lbs. 50 psi 10/32" 27 lbs. 10.5-11.5" 11" 12.3" 11.1" 26" 801 FR
305/30ZR20 (103Y) XL
K3 Ferrari 300 AA A 1,929 lbs. 50 psi 9/32" 31 lbs. 10.5-11.5" 11" 12.3" 11.4" 27.2" 764 FR
305/30ZR20 (103Y) XL
300 AA A 1,929 lbs. 50 psi 9/32" 31 lbs. 10.5-11.5" 11" 12.3" 11.8" 27.2" 764 FR
315/35ZR20 (110Y) XL
K1 Ferrari 300 AA A 2,337 lbs. 50 psi 7/32" 33 lbs. 10.5-12.5" 11" 12.6" 11.5" 28.7" 726 FR
315/35ZR20 (110Y) XL
K2 Ferrari 300 AA A 2,337 lbs. 50 psi 10/32" 34 lbs. 10.5-12.5" 11" 12.6" 11.6" 28.7" 726 FR
325/25ZR20 (101Y) XL
300 AA A 1,819 lbs. 50 psi 9/32" 31 lbs. 11.5-12.5" 12" 13.2" 13.1" 26.3" 788 FR
335/30ZR20 (108Y) XL
N0(Porsche) 300 AA A 2,205 lbs. 50 psi 9/32" 35 lbs. 11.5-12.5" 12" 13.5" 13" 28" 744 US
345/30ZR20 (106Y) SL
300 AA A 2,094 lbs. 51 psi 10/32" 35 lbs. 12-13" 12.5" 14" 12.7" 28.1" 716 FR
Thanks stress - someone who gets it.

I'm going to my friendly tyre place soon and getting them to switch front and rear tyres on one side to see if they fit, look ok and clear.

And I'll catch up with my friend who I know and trust who has done some real work in the auto industry on tyre specification.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2017, 03:07 PM   #64
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

Quote:
Thanks stress - someone who gets it.

I'm going to my friendly tyre place soon and getting them to switch front and rear tyres on one side to see if they fit, look ok and clear.

And I'll catch up with my friend who I know and trust who has done some real work in the auto industry on tyre specification.
Pitkis posted a relevant link:

http://bmwi.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...4&postcount=20
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2019, 01:42 PM   #65
416tt
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8, 650i, M3

hi

would the following offsets work?

20x9 ET31 in the front
20x10.5 ET55 in the rear

thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 10:32 AM   #66
adesmith
Registered
Rep
Drives: I8

Just put the 245/40's on the front so running the same tyres front and back. Clearance is ok...just....from.....

to....

Appreciate 0