Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 i3S REx

Garage List
CA Rebate is Decreasing Dec 3rd

This was news to me:
https://cleanvehiclerebate.org/eng/f...rogram-changes

Looks like i3 CA rebate will drop to 2k and there will be more hoops to jump through now.

For me though - It says the car must be under 60k MSRP to qualify now. Does that mean base MSRP or with options? I'll apply before the deadline so it won't matter but that looked initially concerning because MSRP on my new one $60,049

This is certainly going to affect a lot of Teslas though.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2019, 04:38 AM   #2
soheil
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 i3 REX

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeFor View Post
This was news to me:
https://cleanvehiclerebate.org/eng/f...rogram-changes

Looks like i3 CA rebate will drop to 2k and there will be more hoops to jump through now.

For me though - It says the car must be under 60k MSRP to qualify now. Does that mean base MSRP or with options? I'll apply before the deadline so it won't matter but that looked initially concerning because MSRP on my new one $60,049

This is certainly going to affect a lot of Teslas though.
Well, this is certainly bad news! I didn't get the rebate limit point! Does it mean that if we've already received a rebate once before Dec 3 we are ineligible and won't receive any rebates anymore?! What is California doing? This doesn't encourage people to get more EVs!
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2019, 04:44 PM   #3
TimeFor
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 i3S REx

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by soheil View Post
Well, this is certainly bad news! I didn't get the rebate limit point! Does it mean that if we've already received a rebate once before Dec 3 we are ineligible and won't receive any rebates anymore?! What is California doing? This doesn't encourage people to get more EVs!
After Dec 3rd you can only get 1 more rebate.

So if before Dec 3 you had unlimited, afterward you get one more, after that you get nothing.

----

I submitted my paperwork before Dec 3 but I'm wondering what happens if they come back and ask for new paperwork post-Dec 3. Does that mean my application is in fact after the deadline? That seems unclear but I would hope not.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 10:48 AM   #4
Obioban
Emperor
Rep
Drives: M3, M3, M5, M5

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [0.00]
2017 BMW i3  [0.00]
2005 BMW M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2001 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by soheil View Post
The purpose of government incentives is to get the ball rolling/get over the initial investment hump needed to change the industry. Once it's rolling, they should disappear and allow competition on the merit of the product.

EVs are pretty clearly established in CA at this point, so makes sense to me.

2005 M3 Coupe, 2004 M3 Wagon, 2001 M5 Sedan, 2008 M5 6MT Sedan, 2012 128i M sport
Appreciate 1
vreihen1614886.50