BMW i
Forum for the BMW i3, i4 and i8
BMW i3 BMW i8
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BMW i Forums > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Yesterday, 08:33 PM   #507
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
I am stuck in reality. It will never happen bc as energy supplies grow so do the people that can afford it. Those that can't 60% of the world's population will do with out. Its Naive' to think that 60% of the world's population will get more.

Sorry I am a realist. Yes I see the difference and certainly their lot could be improved to maybe have 1/4 or our material wealth. But that would take all countries working together in a massive efort. . I have read enough anthropology, history, and psychology to know better.

I realize you just want to argue the impossible dream. Good for you. I will concentrate on helping those less fortunate in the U.S. and as a Baptist my church does give resources to the world's poor.
OMG. Having read so much, why don't you tell me the life span at the beginning of each century starting at the beginning of the 17th century. As you will see there is a steady upward increase because of advances in technology across the entire spectrum. This has translated across all of humanity with the exceptions of a few outliers. Why has this occurred?

Your statement, 'Sorry I'm a realist.', is the sad trope of those without vision and the ability or will to make things happen. Imagine where we would be if every innovator in the history of the world said, "Sorry I'm a realist", and decided to continue plodding in the mud. Well, that is where we would be...in the mud.

I'm glad you're helping your way through your church, it's truly admirable. That said, don't throw your hands up and say, "We can't so better...screw it". You are a highly educated person, use that to find a way forward through the challenges rather than drowning in negativity and pulling others into the void.

Cheers-mk

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 1
vreihen161159.50

Yesterday, 08:53 PM   #508
VisualEcho
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Exactly. Heads will roll as they should. Thank trump and not ODumba is in charge.
This is a perfect example of why I never discuss politics. To even suggest that Trump is handling this situation any better than Obama would have is lunacy. The worst part? You know better, but being a political zealot has relieved you of your reason.
      Yesterday, 11:06 PM   #509
NormanConquest
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
This is a perfect example of why I never discuss politics. To even suggest that Trump is handling this situation any better than Obama would have is lunacy. The worst part? You know better, but being a political zealot has relieved you of your reason.
Well we have pretty similar examples how one President reacted to an embassy assault and how another one did.

Pretty clear evidence Trump responses was far better then Obama base on the end results.
Appreciate 2
NickyC5542.50
MKSixer18206.50

Today, 12:27 AM   #510
hubbahubba
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
I didn't blame the first world as in they are "bad" I am pointing out that the first world has access to the energy and the amount of energy is finite. Read my posts carefully. I don't feel bad living in absolute luxury compared to the third world. I feel sorry for them.
When you say that "the upper 30-40% live at the expense of the poor", I take it to mean that you believe that the rich countries are using resources that the poor do not have, but should. The connotation of "at the expense of" means that you believe that the poor countries are somehow being cheated out of their due energy. That is what "at the expense of" means, yes? Surely, you can see where your words are confusing and/or misleading?

Last edited by hubbahubba; Today at 12:45 AM..
Appreciate 1
MKSixer18206.50

Today, 09:21 AM   #511
Ric in RVA
Bergspyder
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 BMW 128i Sport 6mt

The word Quarantine comes from Italian "quaranta giorni", meaning forty days.

It was the number of days the boats needed to stay anchored offshore to keep from spreading the black plague.

So the month long "Quarantine" is not unheard of...it actually is about 40 days as defined by the word itself.

If the real incubation period is well over 2 weeks and you are shedding virus almost the whole time then the world is really in trouble due to the free movement of people who had been "cleared".

2011 128i 6 MT Sport, 10 Land Rover LR4, 2011 528i N52, 18 F150 Platinum, Sequoia, 01 Excursion FOR SALE, a few motorcycles.
Appreciate 0