Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW i8 Forums BMW i8 General Discussion

02-08-2019, 10:19 AM   #1
buddenfan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: i8

What do you think if this i8 coupe color combo?

Currently my lease on a 2017 i8 is ending. My car colors are white with black and blue accents. I really love the blue accents as they give the car a ‘pop’ and really that futuristic tron look.

I plan to get a 2019 i8 coupe in 2 months as i love the car. I considered the roadster but there’s just no space for anything. Even now I put groceries in the back seats.

I am thinking this color combo with e cooper seats but the only thing I am upset about us there are no frozen blue accents on the car which might make it not look as nice as my current white i8

What do you guys think of this color combo..

Appreciate 0
      02-08-2019, 04:39 PM   #2
emmfive
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2001 M5

I think it looks good, very classy. However if I do pickup another i8 I would probably get the same color combo I had before - white with blue accents, still my favorite.
Appreciate 1
      02-08-2019, 04:54 PM   #3
buddenfan
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmfive View Post
I think it looks good, very classy. However if I do pickup another i8 I would probably get the same color combo I had before - white with blue accents, still my favorite.
Thats what I have now and love it. I alwaya thought id get the orange roadstwr next but after test driving it I realize that as an only car its ridiculously unpractical for daily life. I wouldnt even have space for groceries and my girlfriend doesnt drive so i decised to get an I8 coupe again. Im thinking this color combo just to switch it up. Ill probably wrap the front grill so that it has the blue accents and I also plan to install a starlight headliner
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2019, 07:21 PM   #4
Epirali
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW e Copper i8 Roadster

I love the exterior color combo but to my eye the interior copper doesn’t work with the exterior. I have that interior on the roadster and it works with the e-copper, but that beautiful exterior is screaming for white or black interior.

The wheels work great on the btw.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2019, 10:49 PM   #5
buddenfan
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epirali View Post
I love the exterior color combo but to my eye the interior copper doesn’t work with the exterior. I have that interior on the roadster and it works with the e-copper, but that beautiful exterior is screaming for white or black interior.

The wheels work great on the btw.
Do you think the ecopper exterior and ecopper interior would look goodnon the coupe as well? It looks great on the roadster but wonder how it would look on the coupe

The wheels work great on what??
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2019, 06:41 AM   #6
Epirali
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

In my opinion the e copper doesn’t look as good on coupe, I think having more black vs glass in the back is part of the Roadster look and works with e copper,, not sure with the shape of the coupe.

The black wheels really work well with that exterior combo in the video.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2019, 08:55 AM   #7
buddenfan
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
In my opinion the e copper doesn’t look as good on coupe, I think having more black vs glass in the back is part of the Roadster look and works with e copper,, not sure with the shape of the coupe.

The black wheels really work well with that exterior combo in the video.

Appreciate 0
      02-09-2019, 01:58 PM   #8
Epirali
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

This is just one man’s opinion, and its strange for me to see that color with that back, so it may be just that I am used to the roadster look with that color. But to my eye the second looks better, but as much as I like the design of those wheels the black wheels make that coupe look more serious.

But ultimately only one thing matters: what looks good to you and you like when you get in and out of the car? And what color interior feels good to you?

Have you set in a car with various color interiors? They feel very different and pictures or video can’t convey that. On my first coupe (2015) I was convinced I wanted dark interior, but when I say in a pure impulse the oyster color (which I would have NEVER picked by look or preference) just worked great. So when I sat in it I ended up choosing that.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2019, 02:47 PM   #9
buddenfan
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
This is just one man’s opinion, and its strange for me to see that color with that back, so it may be just that I am used to the roadster look with that color. But to my eye the second looks better, but as much as I like the design of those wheels the black wheels make that coupe look more serious.

But ultimately only one thing matters: what looks good to you and you like when you get in and out of the car? And what color interior feels good to you?

Have you set in a car with various color interiors? They feel very different and pictures or video can’t convey that. On my first coupe (2015) I was convinced I wanted dark interior, but when I say in a pure impulse the oyster color (which I would have NEVER picked by look or preference) just worked great. So when I sat in it I ended up choosing that.
My current i8 has the dark brown trim with blue stitching.
I test drove the m850i last week with the two tone brown interior.

For the next i8 coupe I want the ecopper interior and I plan to install a star headliner similar to a rolls royce wraith. I like both exterior colors but sadly they are missing the tron blue front grill. That to me is a huge appeal to the i8 look. My current i8 is white with black and has the blue grill and accents however I seen a while and even a black i8 without the blue accents and it doesnt look half as good as with the accents
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2019, 07:50 PM   #10
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

Donnington grey w black wheels is my favorite. Copper interior interesting but I don't want to pay the extra $$ for it.
Appreciate 0