Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

08-30-2020, 09:31 AM   #221
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
HAM lock up!!!
BOT too !!!!

3 laps to go...
Rain will come on the podium !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58881.00
      08-30-2020, 09:32 AM   #222
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

C'mon must be 0% on HAM f/tyre now.
Appreciate 1
      08-30-2020, 09:34 AM   #223
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
C'mon must be 0% on HAM f/tyre now.
2 laps to go....Think it's over now !

1- HAM
2- BOT
3- MAX

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58881.00
      08-30-2020, 09:35 AM   #224
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
2 laps to go....Think it's over now !

1- HAM
2- BOT
3- MAX
Yeah Max can't 'go for it' with his spent tyres also.
Appreciate 1
      08-30-2020, 09:40 AM   #225
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Yeah Max can't 'go for it' with his spent tyres also.
Great race from the Party-Mode
Hope that will change in Monza ...

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58881.00
      08-30-2020, 09:42 AM   #226
M5Rick
General
Rep

Shame Ocon got fifth from Alb.
Appreciate 1
      08-30-2020, 09:43 AM   #227
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Great race from the Party-Mode
Hope that will change in Monza ...
It's got to or F1 is dying a slow death.
Appreciate 1
      08-30-2020, 09:47 AM   #228
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

Well said -

Quote:
Shame Ocon got fifth from Alb.
Well said -
ALB seemed to have the advantage....was it the tire deg that caused the loss of position??
      08-30-2020, 10:15 AM   #229
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
It's got to or F1 is dying a slow death.
Boring race again . "Merc vs Merc" While Toto played with the buttons from the pitwall !
According MAX : "No way" I could keeping it up with the Mercs pace .
That's everything we got...

There was already a gap from 5 sec ...In lap 3 !

Great race from Ricciardo ! The Renaults top speed is improved ...

Rain is pouring down here , right now . It's F* unbelievable !

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58881.00
      08-30-2020, 10:19 AM   #230
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Spa views only reason I kept the tv on.

7 constructors' championships in a row this year for Merc. They're up 100+ points now. Shame they don't see value in bringing someone in to race HAM. What's the downside? Some actual racing and potential clashes, which would generate more interest, draw more eyeballs to the sport and therefore the brand? Don't get it.

Number 1 driver protection paradigm, "team stability" is tiresome. Get over yourselves. This is entertainment...

Appreciate 2
M5Rick58881.00
      08-30-2020, 10:29 AM   #231
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Boring race again . "Merc vs Merc" While Toto played with the buttons from the pitwall !
According MAX : "No way" I could keeping it up with the Mercs pace .
That's everything we got...

There was already a gap from 5 sec ...In lap 3 !

Great race from Ricciardo ! The Renaults top speed is improved ...

Rain is pouring down here , right now . It's F* unbelievable !
Raining now...I don't believe it...always the way I hope not.
Appreciate 1
      08-30-2020, 10:32 AM   #232
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaMMM View Post
Spa views only reason I kept the tv on.

7 constructors' championships in a row this year for Merc. They're up 100+ points now. Shame they don't see value in bringing someone in to race HAM. What's the downside? Some actual racing and potential clashes, which would generate more interest, draw more eyeballs to the sport and therefore the brand? Don't get it.

Number 1 driver protection paradigm, "team stability" is tiresome. Get over yourselves. This is entertainment...
Especially from the USA Liberty man..number one man now..of all people.He needs to sort it big time and soon.
Appreciate 2
      08-30-2020, 10:43 AM   #233
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

im really really sick of this looooong stints that ruins the real racing action really.. back of the grid cars are lapping 3 seconds faster than the ones up on the front.. i dont care if the cars get slower or something but tires condition shouldnt be a big factor like this at all.. its should be driver and the car.. i feel like i can puke every time i hear tire preserving really..
must find a way to lose less time during pit stops.. increasing the speed limit d be dangerous but maybe shortening pit lanes or something i dont know i just want to see cars pushing instead of driving like sunday afternoon drive with a wife onboard and 2 kids strapped on the backseats and a even dog in the trunk.. f its racing.. even in Le Mans they dont nurse tires this much!!!

anyways.. it was a masterclass weekend from Lewis that yeah not everyone is enjoying but i do..
Bottas wasnt there all weekend long that i guess he used all the new energy from divorcing having a new girlfriend and a new season.. he doesnt look like he is in pieces but he looks desperate a bit and i guess he started accept the fact that he s not in the same level.. 0.5s margin over one lap in quali was a very clear not pleasant picture for him... but well done to him as well.. great to see an epic team continue winning..

i guess it was a recent low point ever in last 2 years for Ferrari.. telling Leclerc ok we re thinking what do about the strategy hang on we ll tell you style is ridiculous.. its normal to have flexible strategy but the tone of Leclerc's engineer was more like he was lost.. like they dont know what to do.. its a shame for Ferrari but they really close to rock bottom things may started to get better even if it doesnt look like that.. i started to think that Ferrari might waste Leclerc's next year and the following as well.. they have to find a way out cause Ferrari is a great brand they have great cars.. it started to look like they re in F1 to sell their road cars and its not good.. spent quite a lot of time in their museums, factories basically in their own lands and they deserve much much better things than this.. but i can even see what sort of chaos and conversations going in the factory and among the workers...

it seems like Red Bulls did the right thing on the wrong time hoping to get something like Silverstone this weekend.. Max went out of rubber and Albon as well by losing places.. and its superb to see Albon started to have better weekends now.. he is a bit silent kid but he is really fast lovely to see him started to show his potential bit by bit..

Renaults i guess if there ll be 3-4 more laps Ricciardo might have overtake Max, he was coming very strong.. looks like they have a powerful engine and chassis started to work better as well at least on faster tracks.. im glad that they didnt focus on 2021-2022 more than this year as Alonso asked..
it was like an old and very fast Ricciardo glimpse this weekend which was great to watch.. im sure he ll have better chance next year with McLaren with an Merc' engine.. well done both of them..

it was soo unlucky for Sainz that as they ve said in the coverage i wondered as well that if Carlos was feeling bad during the race because he retired from fun a like race or seeing Ferrari fighting for 13th place..
it wasnt Norris' best weekend he wasnt feeling really ok with the car all weekend it was visible but nice race from him again..

Gio's crash took Russel out as well that he might be a trouble for Ferraris actually at this race.. and Gio's crash was awkward really over correcting but with a big margin.. maybe he was on the radio or something or a weird crosswind or something there must be some additional reason to distract him that much.. that corner is not slow corner that you hit hard on gas on the exit.. it was weird.. but im glad both drivers have no problems cause those carbon pieces could be very dangerous..

Last edited by yco; 08-30-2020 at 10:49 AM..
Appreciate 4
M5Rick58881.00
MKSixer34171.50
      08-30-2020, 10:56 AM   #234
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
im really really sick of this looooong stints that ruins the real racing action really.. back of the grid cars are lapping 3 seconds faster than the ones up on the front.. i dont care if the cars get slower or something but tires condition shouldnt be a big factor like this at all.. its should be driver and the car.. i feel like i can puke every time i hear tire preserving really..
must find a way to lose less time during pit stops.. increasing the speed limit d be dangerous but maybe shortening pit lanes or something i dont know i just want to see cars pushing instead of driving like sunday afternoon drive with a wife onboard and 2 kids strapped on the backseats and a even dog in the trunk.. f its racing.. even in Le Mans they dont nurse tires this much!!!

anyways.. it was a masterclass weekend from Lewis that yeah not everyone is enjoying but i do..
Bottas wasnt there all weekend long that i guess he used all the new energy from divorcing having a new girlfriend and a new season.. he doesnt look like he is in pieces but he looks desperate a bit and i guess he started accept the fact that he s not in the same level.. 0.5s margin over one lap in quali was a very clear not pleasant picture for him... but well done to him as well.. great to see an epic team continue winning..

i guess it was a recent low point ever in last 2 years for Ferrari.. telling Leclerc ok we re thinking what do about the strategy hang on we ll tell you style is ridiculous.. its normal to have flexible strategy but the tone of Leclerc's engineer was more like he was lost.. like they dont know what to do.. its a shame for Ferrari but they really close to rock bottom things may started to get better even if it doesnt look like that.. i started to think that Ferrari might waste Leclerc's next year and the following as well.. they have to find a way out cause Ferrari is a great brand they have great cars.. it started to look like they re in F1 to sell their road cars and its not good.. spent quite a lot of time in their museums, factories basically in their own lands and they deserve much much better things than this.. but i can even see what sort of chaos and conversations going in the factory and among the workers...

it seems like Red Bulls did the right thing on the wrong time hoping to get something like Silverstone this weekend.. Max went out of rubber and Albon as well by losing places.. and its superb to see Albon started to have better weekends now.. he is a bit silent kid but he is really fast lovely to see him started to show his potential bit by bit..

Renaults i guess if there ll be 3-4 more laps Ricciardo might have overtake Max, he was coming very strong.. looks like they have a powerful engine and chassis started to work better as well at least on faster tracks.. im glad that they didnt focus on 2021-2022 more than this year as Alonso asked..
it was like an old and very fast Ricciardo glimpse this weekend which was great to watch.. im sure he ll have better chance next year with McLaren with an Merc' engine.. well done both of them..

it was soo unlucky for Sainz that as they ve said in the coverage i wondered as well that if Carlos was feeling bad during the race because he retired from fun a like race or seeing Ferrari fighting for 13th place..
it wasnt Norris' best weekend he wasnt feeling really ok with the car all weekend it was visible but nice race from him again..

Gio's crash took Russel out as well that he might be a trouble for Ferraris actually at this race.. and Gio's crash was awkward really over correcting but with a big margin.. maybe he was on the radio or something or a weird crosswind or something there must be some additional reason to distract him that much.. that corner is not slow corner that you hit hard on gas on the exit.. it was weird.. but im glad both drivers have no problems cause those carbon pieces could be very dangerous..
Yeah the wheel from Giovi's car had the hanger arms on it so the tethers failed.
Halo saved Russell though if the hangers went in first...Russell lucky there!
Appreciate 2
yco5722.50
      08-30-2020, 11:12 AM   #235
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Merc are absolutely deserving, Lewis is historically great. I can appreciate the excellence.

My issue is just them opting to not challenge HAM with a teammate. Like I said, what's the downside?

In fairness, I think Ferrari are setting up for the same with Sainz vs. (#1) Leclerc.

Red Bull seem to be the only ones interested in finding someone on par with Max. They just can't find anyone.

Appreciate 2
M5Rick58881.00
      08-30-2020, 11:28 AM   #236
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Merc are absolutely deserving, Lewis is historically great. I can appreciate the excellence.

My issue is just them opting to not challenge HAM with a teammate. Like I said, what's the downside?

In fairness, I think Ferrari are setting up for the same with Sainz vs. (#1) Leclerc.

Red Bull seem to be the only ones interested in finding someone on par with Max. They just can't find anyone.
The tub is set up for Max's particular drive style which Alb has problems with on the raw edge,hence backs off one step from an off.
Appreciate 2
      08-30-2020, 11:28 AM   #237
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

Quote:

i guess its partially because of "the trauma" from Rosberg times cause it was more or less the same people was in that team clashing times as well.. and when you think about clashing team mates like Senna-Prost, Webber-Vettel, Leclerc-Vettel (they touched again btw) and many more generally nothing comes good out of these battles for the team itself.. and im not sure Bottas can keep up with Lewis this year anyway though.. yes there some tracks that Bottas is stronger but i guess its like 5-10% of the whole calendar.. and as i ve said this f tire preserving thing makes things even more complicated really.. covering up the pace difference with higher power mode is like a dirty sin with these tires!!
and im not sure mode change ban can change this too much cause in the end there ll be tire preserving again.. i believe teams can come up with a combo map setting different power levels on higher revs etc but these tires will stay...
      08-30-2020, 11:43 AM   #238
EdM5
Colonel
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: G26 i4 M50 & E70 X5 Xdrive35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenEye View Post
Umm that was Verstappen being quoted lol. Verstappen said “Max is a Dutch ****** and I don’t know what he is doing.” He drives for the Netherlands and calls himself Dutch. He's explained this countless times, that he was just born in Belgium but considers himself Dutch and races for the Netherlands. I see this a lot in England with footballers for example Michael Owen born in Wales but played for England. You don't see the welsh still trying to claim him ha.

Max says something like this every time the Belgian media claim him...

He may live in Belgium and travel on a Belgian passport but Max told Belgian newspaper Nieuwsblad last year: ‘I have lived in Belgium my entire life, but I consider myself more Dutch. ‘As a result of my karting activities I spend more time with my father than with my mother. I’m always surrounded by Dutchmen.’

Anyway point is; his sense of humor is so Dutch, i work with 2 Dutch guys and at first you would hate them because of their sense of humor seems so rude but after you get to know them you realize they are being playful. I call one of them Max and the other Verstappen. Both are big fans vs. me being a Hammer fan.
Thank you man! I gave up on this silly discussion a long time ago.

The dude speaks Dutch with a 100% Limburg Dutch - NOT Belgian - accent.
Like you said, he has that typical blunt Dutch style and sense of humour, the very same style that the Belgians do not appreciate the Dutch for.

His major sponsorships are all Dutch. And tell me, would the Orange army turn up if he claimed to be Belgian? Come on.
StatenEye525.50
      08-30-2020, 11:44 AM   #239
rcracin
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

It’s a business. Merc needs a good enough driver. Not a driver to challenge an almost guaranteed winner.

I would really like to see Russell in a Merc though. Poor guy’s talent is being wasted.
Appreciate 1
      08-30-2020, 11:45 AM   #240
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
i guess its partially because of "the trauma" from Rosberg times cause it was more or less the same people was in that team clashing times as well.. and when you think about clashing team mates like Senna-Prost, Webber-Vettel, Leclerc-Vettel (they touched again btw) and many more generally nothing comes good out of these battles for the team itself.. and im not sure Bottas can keep up with Lewis this year anyway though.. yes there some tracks that Bottas is stronger but i guess its like 5-10% of the whole calendar.. and as i ve said this f tire preserving thing makes things even more complicated really.. covering up the pace difference with higher power mode is like a dirty sin with these tires!!
and im not sure mode change ban can change this too much cause in the end there ll be tire preserving again.. i believe teams can come up with a combo map setting different power levels on higher revs etc but these tires will stay...
Mate . Rosberg had at least the b@lls to play with Ham's b@lls .
BOT has not the necessary b@lls to become HAM's nightmare-trauma ..

That's why Rosberg said this week : Bottas should make a big barbeque with big fresh steaks under HAM's sleeping room window !
And Rosberg is 100% right on this one !

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58881.00
      08-30-2020, 11:50 AM   #241
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

Quote:
Mate . Rosberg had at least the b@lls to play with Ham's b@lls .
BOT has not the necessary b@lls to become HAM's nightmare-trauma ..

That's why Rosberg said this week : Bottas should make a big barbeque with big fresh steaks under HAM's sleeping room window !
And Rosberg is 100% right on this one !
i believe Hamilton - Bottas pair is like Hakkinen and Couldhart.. its obvious that who is better and just like David back in the days all the stars should be aligned for him to outperform..

PS: i cant even stand to listen Rosberg..
MKSixer34171.50
      08-30-2020, 11:58 AM   #242
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdM5 View Post
Thank you man! I gave up on this silly discussion a long time ago.

The dude speaks Dutch with a 100% Limburg Dutch - NOT Belgian - accent.
Like you said, he has that typical blunt Dutch style and sense of humour, the very same style that the Belgians do not appreciate the Dutch for.

His major sponsorships are all Dutch. And tell me, would the Orange army turn up if he claimed to be Belgian? Come on.
Mate . You just said it . All his sponsorships are all Dutch . That's what I said ,more than once ..
And that's why MAX drives under the Dutch flag and not the Belgian flag .
It's all about financial speculation , while his ID and driver license is Belgian .
MAX saw his first light in Hasselt . Born in Hasselt 30 september 1997 in Belgium . Hasselt is 100% Limburg in Belgium .
I agree my friend . This discussion is really silly .

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58881.00