BMW i
Forum for the BMW i3, i4 and i8
BMW i3 BMW i8
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

  BMW i Forums > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-10-2019, 11:32 PM   #2157
Now_Rudi
I go by many names
Now_Rudi's Avatar
6242
Rep
1,348
Posts

Drives: Magic Carpet
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: In a cabinet

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
The most annoying thing currently at the gym is the girlfriend. After I joined she decided to join as well under the ole "We can work out together." If you did the girlfriend voice thing as you read that we can be friends.

We both get off work at 4:30 p.m. She lives 7 minutes from me exactly. Somehow it takes her 3 hours to go home and change into gym clothes and then meet me at my place. It is now getting to where it is almost 8:00 p.m. before we get to the gym. Mind you I have to be at work at 6:30 a.m. She has also started this new thing where she mismanages her time so poorly throughout the day at her job that she doesn't eat lunch. I eat a lean lunch and don't eat dinner. After leaving the gym around 9:00 - 9:30 she is now hungry. Don't get me wrong I'd like to eat too but I'm also trying to drop an additional 30 pounds. I've tried explaining to her how pointless it is go do a bunch of cardio/weight resistance and then eat that late. My other biggest complaint is that I can leave work, go to the gym and have my entire workout finished before she even gets to my house. Due to the fact of getting to the gym so late, I have to cut my session in half because she is done after 20 minutes and although she doesn't complain, I can tell she gets frustrated having to wait on me to finish.

My gym partner is now causing me not to get the workout in that I want and I'm starting to resent her for it. Last night I made the comment that I may just start going right after work. Her response was "Well I hope it doesn't bother you if I go alone and not get to your house until late because I go later"

WTF, how do I tell her to manage her time more wisely and get her shit together without being an asshole or starting a fight? This could potentially end a 2 1/2 year relationship. I am not going to allow someone else's lack of planning or motivation to derail mine.
Your first mistake is allowing her to join you on your gym time aka therapy "me time".

The way I see things- there are two types of people- those who go to socialize/do it for the gram/and just bullshit their time who can afford distractions at the gym- and those are actually there for self improvement/gainz/PRs/etc

Associate yourself with the correct group, and it's a non factor. You associated yourself with group A.

I met my ex gf at the gym actually- when she and I both randomly went during an "off hour" meaning she was a morning person, me a night person- and we happened to go in the afternoon that day.

We both agreed to not mess with our schedules- and only once a week on the weekends- go together to the gym at night. (Instead or going out- with Saturday being our night to socialize our)

Compromise the same with your gf- and make her understand that the gym is strictly "you" time. Once or twice a week you guys can go together, but other than that, make her feel she's free to go whenever she wants, and you keep to your schedule and accomplish your goals.
You're spot on. Doesn't matter now. We broke up tonight. Refer to the last couple of pages to the dating thread.
Appreciate 1
      01-10-2019, 11:36 PM   #2158
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
Mr.SugarSkulls's Avatar
No_Country
2778
Rep
3,165
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Long Beach, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
The most annoying thing currently at the gym is the girlfriend. After I joined she decided to join as well under the ole "We can work out together." If you did the girlfriend voice thing as you read that we can be friends.

We both get off work at 4:30 p.m. She lives 7 minutes from me exactly. Somehow it takes her 3 hours to go home and change into gym clothes and then meet me at my place. It is now getting to where it is almost 8:00 p.m. before we get to the gym. Mind you I have to be at work at 6:30 a.m. She has also started this new thing where she mismanages her time so poorly throughout the day at her job that she doesn't eat lunch. I eat a lean lunch and don't eat dinner. After leaving the gym around 9:00 - 9:30 she is now hungry. Don't get me wrong I'd like to eat too but I'm also trying to drop an additional 30 pounds. I've tried explaining to her how pointless it is go do a bunch of cardio/weight resistance and then eat that late. My other biggest complaint is that I can leave work, go to the gym and have my entire workout finished before she even gets to my house. Due to the fact of getting to the gym so late, I have to cut my session in half because she is done after 20 minutes and although she doesn't complain, I can tell she gets frustrated having to wait on me to finish.

My gym partner is now causing me not to get the workout in that I want and I'm starting to resent her for it. Last night I made the comment that I may just start going right after work. Her response was "Well I hope it doesn't bother you if I go alone and not get to your house until late because I go later"

WTF, how do I tell her to manage her time more wisely and get her shit together without being an asshole or starting a fight? This could potentially end a 2 1/2 year relationship. I am not going to allow someone else's lack of planning or motivation to derail mine.
Your first mistake is allowing her to join you on your gym time aka therapy "me time".

The way I see things- there are two types of people- those who go to socialize/do it for the gram/and just bullshit their time who can afford distractions at the gym- and those are actually there for self improvement/gainz/PRs/etc

Associate yourself with the correct group, and it's a non factor. You associated yourself with group A.

I met my ex gf at the gym actually- when she and I both randomly went during an "off hour" meaning she was a morning person, me a night person- and we happened to go in the afternoon that day.

We both agreed to not mess with our schedules- and only once a week on the weekends- go together to the gym at night. (Instead or going out- with Saturday being our night to socialize our)

Compromise the same with your gf- and make her understand that the gym is strictly "you" time. Once or twice a week you guys can go together, but other than that, make her feel she's free to go whenever she wants, and you keep to your schedule and accomplish your goals.
You're spot on. Doesn't matter now. We broke up tonight. Refer to the last couple of pages to the dating thread.
Yikes, I'll take a read later when I have down time.

If it's a for good break up- good. Focus on yourself and many new females will walk into your life. And it will then be on you to see as many of these new gals naked
__________________
I'm always sunny, hunny.
Appreciate 1
Now_Rudi6241.50

      01-10-2019, 11:45 PM   #2159
zx10guy
Colonel
2047
Rep
2,262
Posts

Drives: 2013 135i
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: DC

iTrader: (0)

I thought I've seen everything at my gym until tonight.

I go to the free weight area and run into some old fart that decided he would move a bench over to the walk way space between where the other benches in front of the dumbbells and the barbell benches. The inconsiderate fool parked the bench he was using so close to one of the barbell benches he for all intents and purposes hogged that piece of equipment too. People walking through that area had to navigate around the idiot, the bench he brought over, and the dumbbells he placed near the bench.

The only thing that gives a very small bit of redemption is he did re-rack the dumbbells and move the bench back to where it belonged.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
We might not be in an agreement on Trump, but I'll be the first penis chaser here to say I'll rather take it up in the ass than to argue with you on this.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 12:18 AM   #2160
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
lsturbointeg's Avatar
United_States
5468
Rep
12,900
Posts

Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Asian lost in OH

iTrader: (0)

really annoying tonight with all the new year resolutioner's but WTH is with guys constantly on their phones between sets? I mean 60 sec rest periods in between sets and I notice these guys would be on their phone for at least 3-4 minutes? what the point of going to the gym? and than it seems like they're only here for social gathering? freakin' annoying when I see 5 high school kids just standing around the bench press when it seems like it takes 30 min for each one to get a set in with all the talking they do
__________________
~F90Conversion~CFLowerSplitters~21"3Piece AlphaForgedWheels~BMSgoldTitaniumLugz~ 3dCFRearSpoiler~3dCFSideSkirtExtensions~DTMCFDiffu ser~CFRearSplitters~CFEmblems~LedermanzWheel~Shado wlineKit~CFDoubleSlatGrills~WstyleCFRoofSpoiler~M4 CFMirrorCovers~MeisterschaftEVC90mmQuadExhaust~CFT ipCovers~VRSFdp~KWV1Coilovers~MPedals~G2GoldCalipe rs~35%TinT~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 1
Now_Rudi6241.50

      01-11-2019, 12:54 AM   #2161
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
7977
Rep
7,468
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

I head up to second floor to warm up on elliptical. I'm settling in to figure out which screen to watch as well as making a scope of the surrounding rat race

Suddenly my nipple-alert system starts wailing. Unique shape/structure. As my vision starts to zoom out I come to a gruesome revelation: MOOBS
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 12:57 AM   #2162
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
8953
Rep
21,993
Posts

Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Wear your glasses grandpa
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 07:47 AM   #2163
JP10
Lieutenant
JP10's Avatar
382
Rep
463
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Charleston, SC

iTrader: (0)

Judy you need to eat dinner man! Nutrition and sleep are the top prioty when attempting to lose weight, I would say actually getting to the gym would be only the third most beneficial thing that you can do. Especially if you're working out so late without any nutrition following, your body will basically go catabolic and when you run out of fuel it'll eat away at your muscles, meaning gains will be slow.

I'll be honest I swear by eating 3 eggs late night,around 9 I try to be heading to bed around 10-10:30 because I'm up at 5, almost every night. I actually will feel better in the morning if I had those eggs compared to not. If you're not into making things that late I would say a scoop of casein protein w/ water would suffice.

Sorry about the girl troubles, getting them motivated is tough. My girl was and is the same way, but once she finds something she truly wants to do she is guns blazing. Issue is finding what that is for individual people.
Appreciate 1
Now_Rudi6241.50

      01-11-2019, 08:15 AM   #2164
Now_Rudi
I go by many names
Now_Rudi's Avatar
6242
Rep
1,348
Posts

Drives: Magic Carpet
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: In a cabinet

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
Yikes, I'll take a read later when I have down time.

If it's a for good break up- good. Focus on yourself and many new females will walk into your life. And it will then be on you to see as many of these new gals naked
Appreciate it and good advice on the gym being my "me time." I'll make this the standard moving forward.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 04:51 PM   #2165
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
Hawkeye's Avatar
No_Country
967
Rep
4,263
Posts

Drives: '07 Z4 si Coupe, '08 R6
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Iowa

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
took a picture of how much weight he was squatting. very impressive like I said but why?


on a side note the gym was freakin' packed! so packed that all the equipment was literally being used. ever walk around wondering what to ef to do?
I like how you censored the top Maxx fitness clubzz logo but not the bottom one. Keep up the good work.
__________________
2007 Z4 3.0si Coupe 6 MT Black Saphire Metallic PP SP Heated M Seats Clutch Stop Stubby
2008 R6 Raven Black GPR Steering Stabilizer Comp Werks FE Hotbodies Flush Mount Blinkers
2016 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 Premium Plus 4x4 K&N CAI Toyo G2 LT305/55R20
Appreciate 1
      01-11-2019, 04:55 PM   #2166
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
Hawkeye's Avatar
No_Country
967
Rep
4,263
Posts

Drives: '07 Z4 si Coupe, '08 R6
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Iowa

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
The most annoying thing currently at the gym is the girlfriend. After I joined she decided to join as well under the ole "We can work out together." If you did the girlfriend voice thing as you read that we can be friends.

We both get off work at 4:30 p.m. She lives 7 minutes from me exactly. Somehow it takes her 3 hours to go home and change into gym clothes and then meet me at my place. It is now getting to where it is almost 8:00 p.m. before we get to the gym. Mind you I have to be at work at 6:30 a.m. She has also started this new thing where she mismanages her time so poorly throughout the day at her job that she doesn't eat lunch. I eat a lean lunch and don't eat dinner. After leaving the gym around 9:00 - 9:30 she is now hungry. Don't get me wrong I'd like to eat too but I'm also trying to drop an additional 30 pounds. I've tried explaining to her how pointless it is go do a bunch of cardio/weight resistance and then eat that late. My other biggest complaint is that I can leave work, go to the gym and have my entire workout finished before she even gets to my house. Due to the fact of getting to the gym so late, I have to cut my session in half because she is done after 20 minutes and although she doesn't complain, I can tell she gets frustrated having to wait on me to finish.

My gym partner is now causing me not to get the workout in that I want and I'm starting to resent her for it. Last night I made the comment that I may just start going right after work. Her response was "Well I hope it doesn't bother you if I go alone and not get to your house until late because I go later"

WTF, how do I tell her to manage her time more wisely and get her shit together without being an asshole or starting a fight? This could potentially end a 2 1/2 year relationship. I am not going to allow someone else's lack of planning or motivation to derail mine.
Tell her what time to meet you at the gym and don't wait for her. She will either lose motivation or start getting there on time. Or you can upgrade to a better girlfriend.
__________________
2007 Z4 3.0si Coupe 6 MT Black Saphire Metallic PP SP Heated M Seats Clutch Stop Stubby
2008 R6 Raven Black GPR Steering Stabilizer Comp Werks FE Hotbodies Flush Mount Blinkers
2016 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 Premium Plus 4x4 K&N CAI Toyo G2 LT305/55R20
Appreciate 1
      01-12-2019, 12:34 AM   #2167
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
lsturbointeg's Avatar
United_States
5468
Rep
12,900
Posts

Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Asian lost in OH

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
I like how you censored the top Maxx fitness clubzz logo but not the bottom one. Keep up the good work.
LOL I didn't notice that!
__________________
~F90Conversion~CFLowerSplitters~21"3Piece AlphaForgedWheels~BMSgoldTitaniumLugz~ 3dCFRearSpoiler~3dCFSideSkirtExtensions~DTMCFDiffu ser~CFRearSplitters~CFEmblems~LedermanzWheel~Shado wlineKit~CFDoubleSlatGrills~WstyleCFRoofSpoiler~M4 CFMirrorCovers~MeisterschaftEVC90mmQuadExhaust~CFT ipCovers~VRSFdp~KWV1Coilovers~MPedals~G2GoldCalipe rs~35%TinT~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 12:36 AM   #2168
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
lsturbointeg's Avatar
United_States
5468
Rep
12,900
Posts

Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Asian lost in OH

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
Appreciate it and good advice on the gym being my "me time." I'll make this the standard moving forward.
that's a hard issue to solve Judy. trying to do what's best for you but also looking out for your lady's health too puts you in a predictament
__________________
~F90Conversion~CFLowerSplitters~21"3Piece AlphaForgedWheels~BMSgoldTitaniumLugz~ 3dCFRearSpoiler~3dCFSideSkirtExtensions~DTMCFDiffu ser~CFRearSplitters~CFEmblems~LedermanzWheel~Shado wlineKit~CFDoubleSlatGrills~WstyleCFRoofSpoiler~M4 CFMirrorCovers~MeisterschaftEVC90mmQuadExhaust~CFT ipCovers~VRSFdp~KWV1Coilovers~MPedals~G2GoldCalipe rs~35%TinT~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 1
Now_Rudi6241.50

      01-12-2019, 12:44 AM   #2169
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
8953
Rep
21,993
Posts

Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

She gets on board or gets left behind
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 12:29 PM   #2170
HyeWarrior
Major
673
Rep
1,076
Posts

Drives: 2012 135i DCT
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: San Dimas, CA

iTrader: (1)

Apparently she did get left behind lol.

Sorry to hear Judy, but do whats best for you and you only
Appreciate 1
Now_Rudi6241.50

      01-13-2019, 06:51 PM   #2171
Mingwan
Major
1095
Rep
1,014
Posts

Drives: Beastly
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Kansas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
The most annoying thing currently at the gym is the girlfriend. After I joined she decided to join as well under the ole "We can work out together." If you did the girlfriend voice thing as you read that we can be friends.

We both get off work at 4:30 p.m. She lives 7 minutes from me exactly. Somehow it takes her 3 hours to go home and change into gym clothes and then meet me at my place. It is now getting to where it is almost 8:00 p.m. before we get to the gym. Mind you I have to be at work at 6:30 a.m. She has also started this new thing where she mismanages her time so poorly throughout the day at her job that she doesn't eat lunch. I eat a lean lunch and don't eat dinner. After leaving the gym around 9:00 - 9:30 she is now hungry. Don't get me wrong I'd like to eat too but I'm also trying to drop an additional 30 pounds. I've tried explaining to her how pointless it is go do a bunch of cardio/weight resistance and then eat that late. My other biggest complaint is that I can leave work, go to the gym and have my entire workout finished before she even gets to my house. Due to the fact of getting to the gym so late, I have to cut my session in half because she is done after 20 minutes and although she doesn't complain, I can tell she gets frustrated having to wait on me to finish.

My gym partner is now causing me not to get the workout in that I want and I'm starting to resent her for it. Last night I made the comment that I may just start going right after work. Her response was "Well I hope it doesn't bother you if I go alone and not get to your house until late because I go later"

WTF, how do I tell her to manage her time more wisely and get her shit together without being an asshole or starting a fight? This could potentially end a 2 1/2 year relationship. I am not going to allow someone else's lack of planning or motivation to derail mine.
Yeah...9/10 times trying to work out with your gf is a terrible idea. What you described is pretty similar to my experiences with women at the gym. Lack of urgency, constantly tardy and unprepared, not focused, etc.

If I ever go work out with my gf, she does her thing in a different area, I do my own. She used to do this annoying thing where Id be in the middle of my set with headphones on and I could see her in my peripheral view trying to have a conversation with me.
Appreciate 1
Now_Rudi6241.50

      01-15-2019, 09:51 AM   #2172
Now_Rudi
I go by many names
Now_Rudi's Avatar
6242
Rep
1,348
Posts

Drives: Magic Carpet
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: In a cabinet

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Judy you need to eat dinner man! Nutrition and sleep are the top prioty when attempting to lose weight, I would say actually getting to the gym would be only the third most beneficial thing that you can do. Especially if you're working out so late without any nutrition following, your body will basically go catabolic and when you run out of fuel it'll eat away at your muscles, meaning gains will be slow.

I'll be honest I swear by eating 3 eggs late night,around 9 I try to be heading to bed around 10-10:30 because I'm up at 5, almost every night. I actually will feel better in the morning if I had those eggs compared to not. If you're not into making things that late I would say a scoop of casein protein w/ water would suffice.

Sorry about the girl troubles, getting them motivated is tough. My girl was and is the same way, but once she finds something she truly wants to do she is guns blazing. Issue is finding what that is for individual people.
I appreciate you saying this, but there is so much back and forth with what to do and what not to do regarding fitness. My goals are to lose 55 pounds first, then add some some muscle and definition. I'm 5'10' and weighed 211 pounds as of the first week of November. I wanted to shed the fat first as not to be one of those guys who always looks fat but is solid. I want to be lean not swole. I've talked to several people concerning my goals and how to get there and all the advice has been the same. Eat a good breakfast, eat a good lunch, eat clean, eat lean and lots of protein. I have also been told not to eat anything past 5:00. I do have whey protein before the gym and immediately after and I'm seeing results. The last time I was on a scale was about 2 weeks ago and I was at 186 pounds so I've lost 25 pounds in just a little over two months. I also realize that muscle weighs more than fat shich is why I don't weigh often. I don't want to be discouraged by what the scales say so I gauge my progress by using a mirror and how my clothes fit.

I do eat, but I do recognize that I need to be sleeping more. From what I understand by advice from friends and reading, it's a combination of eating better (i.e staying away from fried food, processed sugars, etc.) building lean muscle, cardio, less stress and plenty of sleep. On the weekends, due to my work schedule, I work out early in the morning and always eat some form of carbs and protein within 30 minutes after.

I'm also taking a test booster w/a fat burner and take fiber pills directly after eating every meal.

I'm very open to any advice that anyone has to offer.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2019, 09:55 AM   #2173
Now_Rudi
I go by many names
Now_Rudi's Avatar
6242
Rep
1,348
Posts

Drives: Magic Carpet
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: In a cabinet

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingwan View Post
Yeah...9/10 times trying to work out with your gf is a terrible idea. What you described is pretty similar to my experiences with women at the gym. Lack of urgency, constantly tardy and unprepared, not focused, etc.

If I ever go work out with my gf, she does her thing in a different area, I do my own. She used to do this annoying thing where Id be in the middle of my set with headphones on and I could see her in my peripheral view trying to have a conversation with me.
As of now I'm not sure what we are. I still care about her and we are still talking and whatnot. My gym time has now turned into me alone and being focused. The last two times that I was at the gym she was there. We spoke and are civil to each other, but our workouts are now done as separately as they can be. I will say that it annoys me to watch all the predator types eye-fucking her while she works out alone.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2019, 01:20 PM   #2174
JP10
Lieutenant
JP10's Avatar
382
Rep
463
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Charleston, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
I appreciate you saying this, but there is so much back and forth with what to do and what not to do regarding fitness.

Agree, its an industry built on lies

My goals are to lose 55 pounds first, then add some some muscle and definition. I'm 5'10' and weighed 211 pounds as of the first week of November. I wanted to shed the fat first as not to be one of those guys who always looks fat but is solid. I want to be lean not swole.

You really want to weigh 165? That's light man, like really light. If you're concerned and want solid muscle definition I would shoot for around 175lbs end game.

I've talked to several people concerning my goals and how to get there and all the advice has been the same. Eat a good breakfast, eat a good lunch, eat clean, eat lean and lots of protein. I have also been told not to eat anything past 5:00.

Good advice if losing fat is your main priority, but if you're attempting to maintain mass this will be difficult. I've done this in the past and I started to lose so much muscle that it become disheartening to remove my sweatshirt in the gym lmao (arms weren't small by comparison, but I could see myself deteriorating and just becoming weaker due to lack of nutrition).

I do have whey protein before the gym and immediately after and I'm seeing results. The last time I was on a scale was about 2 weeks ago and I was at 186 pounds so I've lost 25 pounds in just a little over two months.

Good, but real unprocessed sources of protein are also good alternatives, it doesn't need to be protein powder! But you did say you were working out late so it's definitely good that you're getting nutrition after that 5PM cutoff.

I also realize that muscle weighs more than fat shich is why I don't weigh often. I don't want to be discouraged by what the scales say so I gauge my progress by using a mirror and how my clothes fit.

Fact, and judging by your weightloss, 211-->186, without seeing you, you most likely lost some muscle during this time. Meaning you could probably benefit from increasing your macro intake. You're going about it the right way as far as judge by the mirror not the scale.

I do eat, but I do recognize that I need to be sleeping more. From what I understand by advice from friends and reading, it's a combination of eating better (i.e staying away from fried food, processed sugars, etc.) building lean muscle, cardio, less stress and plenty of sleep. On the weekends, due to my work schedule, I work out early in the morning and always eat some form of carbs and protein within 30 minutes after.

Nailed it. Although my lifts are usually more heavy weight/intermediate rep range intensive, keeping joint health in mind, I feel that this develops healthier fuller looking muscles over time. Good that you're getting the carbs in too, some do the keto diet where you cut carbs. I'll be honest if you're trying to gain or even maintain muscle with the keto regimen as a male it is very difficult. No carbs will drain you in the gym.

I'm also taking a test booster w/a fat burner and take fiber pills directly after eating every meal.

Blah, not about the test boosters, if you feel you need that go get a blood panel see your levels and make the decision with your doctor to pursue TRT or not. 95% of the time they, meaning test boosters, are placebo. Or you're unknowingly messing with your hormones (not necessarily a good thing unless you know what you're doing), you'd have to check the active ingredients. Fat burners are usually just huplah and caffiene, skeptical about these as well. Lol as you can tell I'm not a big supplment guy, only thing I take is preworkout, as I said the fitness industry is built on lies.
Well those are my opinions, but keep in mind everyones body/metabolism is different. Not one method works for everyone.
Appreciate 1
Now_Rudi6241.50

      01-15-2019, 01:28 PM   #2175
Now_Rudi
I go by many names
Now_Rudi's Avatar
6242
Rep
1,348
Posts

Drives: Magic Carpet
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: In a cabinet

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Well those are my opinions, but keep in mind everyones body/metabolism is different. Not one method works for everyone.
Appreciate the input man!

I do plan to increase my caloric intake once I lose the fat that I want to get rid of and get serious about building mass; but I do not necessarily want to be big, just defined. I'll be eating more and more often, but when that time comes, I'll have more knowledge on lifting technique, reps and so on. This is my first go around of actually making the effort to get in better shape. I also realize that it's a marathon not a race and there are going to be a multitude of stages I go through. First step is that the fat has to come off and I'll keep chipping away at it until I make it so.

Last edited by Now_Rudi; 01-15-2019 at 01:36 PM..
Appreciate 1
JP10382.00

      01-15-2019, 01:32 PM   #2176
Delta0311
Banned
7343
Rep
10,128
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NJ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
I appreciate you saying this, but there is so much back and forth with what to do and what not to do regarding fitness. My goals are to lose 55 pounds first, then add some some muscle and definition. I'm 5'10' and weighed 211 pounds as of the first week of November. I wanted to shed the fat first as not to be one of those guys who always looks fat but is solid. I want to be lean not swole. I've talked to several people concerning my goals and how to get there and all the advice has been the same. Eat a good breakfast, eat a good lunch, eat clean, eat lean and lots of protein. I have also been told not to eat anything past 5:00. I do have whey protein before the gym and immediately after and I'm seeing results. The last time I was on a scale was about 2 weeks ago and I was at 186 pounds so I've lost 25 pounds in just a little over two months. I also realize that muscle weighs more than fat shich is why I don't weigh often. I don't want to be discouraged by what the scales say so I gauge my progress by using a mirror and how my clothes fit.

I do eat, but I do recognize that I need to be sleeping more. From what I understand by advice from friends and reading, it's a combination of eating better (i.e staying away from fried food, processed sugars, etc.) building lean muscle, cardio, less stress and plenty of sleep. On the weekends, due to my work schedule, I work out early in the morning and always eat some form of carbs and protein within 30 minutes after.

I'm also taking a test booster w/a fat burner and take fiber pills directly after eating every meal.

I'm very open to any advice that anyone has to offer.
I'm 5'7 and a solid 203lbs right now but I feel like I could be a bit more swole. At your height you need to aim for a solid 180/185lb to look like you some what mean business.
Appreciate 1
Now_Rudi6241.50

      01-15-2019, 01:48 PM   #2177
Delta0311
Banned
7343
Rep
10,128
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NJ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Appreciate the input man!

I do plan to increase my caloric intake once I lose the fat that I want to get rid of and get serious about building mass; but I do not necessarily want to be big, just defined. I'll be eating more and more often, but when that time comes, I'll have more knowledge on lifting technique, reps and so on. This is my first go around of actually making the effort to get in better shape. I also realize that it's a marathon not a race and there are going to be a multitude of stages I go through. First step is that the fat has to come off and I'll keep chipping away at it until I make it so.
I been at this for 20 years at the end of the day you need to devise a nutrition program and workout routine(s) that work for YOU. One guy I do like on Youtube is Athlean-X, he actually breaks down the science of what his is talking about; unlike most of the "bro scientists" out there. Check him out. You can definitely learn proper lifting technique from him.
Appreciate 1
Now_Rudi6241.50

      01-15-2019, 01:50 PM   #2178
Now_Rudi
I go by many names
Now_Rudi's Avatar
6242
Rep
1,348
Posts

Drives: Magic Carpet
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: In a cabinet

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
I been at this for 20 years at the end of the day you need to devise a nutrition program and workout routine(s) that work for YOU. One guy I do like on Youtube is Athlean-X, he actually breaks down the science of what his is talking about; unlike most of the "bro scientists" out there. Check him out. You can definitely learn proper lifting technique from him.
I'll check him out. Thank you!
Appreciate 1
Delta03117342.50

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 PM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST