justanotherdude
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 AW 328 [Sold]

Garage List
2010 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Exclamation Anyone believe in ghosts?

Noticed a conversation trend at work (I work in a career where I'm working with someone different nearly every day) is about ghosts and the paranormal. Felt like making a thread on here where people could talk about these things, be it experiences you've had yourself, or cool stories you've heard elsewhere.

Since I started the thread, here's a story of my own.

TL;DR - Ghost shit, my story, share your stories!
First, and foremost - yes, I do believe in Ghosts. Supernatural, paranormal, spirits, whatever the case may be, I do believe there is something out there. I didn't use to believe in ghosts until I moved to Japan in 2011 (lived there till mid 2013).

My first experience was in my dorm (studio apartment, whatever), where I woke up at 2359 to see someone standing in my doorway. Our doors were controlled electronically via keycard, except for a standard deadbolt, which I ALWAYS used. So when I woke up and saw this figure in my doorway, I assumed that I finally forgot to deadbolt the door. I was trying to figure out who it was, but there wasn't enough light in the room, so all I saw was a figure that appeared to stand somewhere just over five foot, standing on the left side of my door frame. I sat up, and asked who it was when the figure disappeared. I brushed it off, went back to sleep and woke up the next morning to find my door deadbolted - just as I thought I had left it.

A few weeks later, I wake up during the witching hour (for those who don't know, it's the hour between 0200 and 0300, supposedly exactly opposite the time Christ was crucified) to see a figure standing in my doorway again. This time, I could make out the physical features. It was a girl, once again just over five feet tall, long black hair and a white dress (quite "Grudge" looking, I admit), and although her hair wasn't covering her face, I couldn't see any facial features aside from the shadow of a nose. I lay on my stomach, hands underneath my pillow near my phone, watching her move into my room. She continued walking until she was about three feet from my bed, just across from my head and I could see and feel her looking at me. I looked up at her and she tilted her head to the side (like a dog does when they're trying to hear you better). That did it for me and I grabbed my phone, using the light of the lock screen as a light source and shined it at her, she dissipated.

For awhile, there was no further action between us. I did some digging around with people who had been there much longer than I had and learned quite a few more stories about the surrounding area and heard a story about a girl (who was described much like the one I had seen) who had drowned in a pond on the east side of town somewhere in the 1950's.

A few months later towards the end of a weird and somewhat hard to explain dream, I woke up in Sleep Paralysis (which every culture has a different explanation for), and I know I was awake because of was aware of everything going on in my room, when suddenly I felt a very heavy weight on my back. After that came punches, as if something was sitting on me and throwing blows at my back. I eventually shook myself awake and went to work three hours early just so I wouldn't have to be in my room. After about two days, I had started to pass it off as just a really vivid dream, when I noticed in the mirror bruises on my back.
I've got quite a few more stories about the area I lived in while I was in Japan and a few about where I live now (New Jersey), depending on the interest I'll share those too.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2015, 10:59 PM   #2
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Yikes.......
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2015, 11:03 PM   #3
squishy
Banned
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: 2014 Ford Mustang GT

What kind of bitch do you have to be to believe in/fear ghosts?

Jeez...
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2015, 11:14 PM   #4
justanotherdude
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
Yikes.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
What kind of bitch do you have to be to believe in/fear ghosts?

Jeez...
Didn't say anything about fearing them lol

Personally, I don't mind seeing ghosts because I think it's fascinating, I'd just prefer if they kept their violent tendencies to themselves haha
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2015, 11:36 PM   #5
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Nope, not me. I didn't even read your whole post because I'm a non-believer.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2015, 11:37 PM   #6
justanotherdude
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
Nope, not me. I didn't even read your whole post because I'm a non-believer.
Hahaha that's fair.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2015, 12:19 AM   #7
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Hmmm...I guess I would say that I believe it. I mean, anything is possible and I'm sure I have experienced some things that were ghostly.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2015, 06:36 AM   #8
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

When I was 18 we went to Trow Bridge in Birmingham, MI. Apparently a couple kids jumped off the overpass onto the railways below and committed suicide. Legend was that if you parked your car on the bridge, it would shake. Well, low behold, it never shook, so we said fuck it and walked down the hill to the rail tracks. We were walking and thought we saw a figure down in the tunnel a bit, but it ended up being a bum. So at this point we're kind of irritated and decided to head back. As I was walking up the hill it started to feel like my back was on fire..., literally like there were 100 icy hot patches on my back. We get to the top of the hill, pulled my shirt up and asked them if there was anything on my back. There were 3 large scratch marks probably about 5 inches in length all parallel to one another. Nobody knew what the fuck it was from because we were out in open space the whole time. The burning stopped by the time I got back in the car, so roughly 5 minutes or so. The craziest part was that by the time we got back to his house, the marks were gone.
Appreciate 3
      03-27-2015, 07:58 AM   #9
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep
Drives: a 9incher

Men! you people need to lay off the pipe.
      03-27-2015, 09:29 AM   #10
deeLow
DOPE
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whostheboss
You never know about the afterlife or souls or consciousness until well...you're dead.

IDC what any religion says. You'll never know until it's too late. And at that point it's still too late to know.
Appreciate 1
      03-27-2015, 09:30 AM   #11
justanotherdude
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
When I was 18 we went to Trow Bridge in Birmingham, MI. Apparently a couple kids jumped off the overpass onto the railways below and committed suicide. Legend was that if you parked your car on the bridge, it would shake. Well, low behold, it never shook, so we said fuck it and walked down the hill to the rail tracks. We were walking and thought we saw a figure down in the tunnel a bit, but it ended up being a bum. So at this point we're kind of irritated and decided to head back. As I was walking up the hill it started to feel like my back was on fire..., literally like there were 100 icy hot patches on my back. We get to the top of the hill, pulled my shirt up and asked them if there was anything on my back. There were 3 large scratch marks probably about 5 inches in length all parallel to one another. Nobody knew what the fuck it was from because we were out in open space the whole time. The burning stopped by the time I got back in the car, so roughly 5 minutes or so. The craziest part was that by the time we got back to his house, the marks were gone.
That's pretty crazy. I've heard quite a few similar experiences from people. That's awesome.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2015, 09:39 AM   #12
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whostheboss View Post
PCP used to be very pure back in the day...
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2015, 09:40 AM   #13
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

I keep going to the river to pray
'Cause I need something that can wash out the pain
And at most
I'm sleeping all these demons away
Your ghost, the ghost of you
It keeps me awake
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2015, 09:43 AM   #14
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryshortbloke View Post
That's pretty crazy. I've heard quite a few similar experiences from people. That's awesome.
It was probably the weirdest of all our hunts. We used to break into old abandoned buildings, there was an old psych ward down the street from that exact bridge that was pretty intense. A lot of weird noises coming from rooms nobody was in like things clinking around, one sounded like a stone being dropped 5 feet behind us.

I haven't gone out hunting in a long time, but it was a shit load of fun. I've seen what I thought were entities, but I'll never be sure, the mind can do plenty of tricks on its own if your in the right situation.

The world is a strange place.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2015, 09:48 AM   #15
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

Unequivocally, yes.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2015, 09:53 AM   #16
squishy
Banned
Zimbabwe
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by whats77inaname View Post
Unequivocally, yes.
*facepalm*

You "men" need test boosters...
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2015, 09:55 AM   #17
V1.47fan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: TheArtist formerly known as M3

Appreciate 1
      03-27-2015, 09:57 AM   #18
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
*facepalm*

You "men" need test boosters...
Whatever, man. Some of the stuff I've personally experienced and have yet to this day have a rational explanation for, or one provided for me, I really DGAF what you think, TBHWY.

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2015, 10:02 AM   #19
squishy
Banned
Zimbabwe
Rep

Quote:
Whatever, man. Some of the stuff I've personally experienced and have yet to this day have a rational explanation for, or one provided for me, I really DGAF what you think, TBHWY.

Cheers!
Grow a pair

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2015, 10:03 AM   #20
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Grow a pair

Cheers
Says the guy named "squishy"
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2015, 10:04 AM   #21
squishy
Banned
Zimbabwe
Rep

Quote:
Says the guy named "squishy"
What's wrong with squishy?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2015, 10:10 AM   #22
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

When I was 17 years old, I had been lying in bed for a few minutes when I had the feeling I was being watched. Very odd sensation, but I looked up and out into the hallway figuring it was my mom. Instead, for the briefest moment, I saw the image of a tall young man with a huge smile. I had no fear, no anxiety, nothing. It actually made me smile in a way. What was really neat is that my dog at the time always slept at the foot of my bed. Immediately after I saw the image, my dog got down from the bed and walked to the door and looked around. Seeing nothing, she went back to her spot on the bed and presumably tried to get to sleep. This dog would bark at *anything*, yet not so much as whimper. It was so odd.

In the morning, I woke up to find my mom and dad at the kitchen table and my dad was obviously consoling my mom. With tears in her eyes, she told me her father (my grandfather of course) had died last night of a sudden stroke.

Fast forward to the funeral where pictures of my grandfather's life were all around. Believe me when I tell you that for the first time I saw a picture of him when he was young, probably early 20s, and the image in the photo matched precisely the image I had seen in my doorway that night earlier in the week.

I pulled my mom aside at the funeral and told her what I had seen, and it was amazing the transformation it had on her. She was extremely close to her father, but after I told her what I had seen, she felt so much better and was able to deal with the situation with not sadness, but happiness. I personally believe my grandfather appeared to me that night for one simple reason, to make his passing easier on my mother and to not be worried about him, that he was OK.

Whether or not I actually saw what I saw, and whether or not there is an existence after this mortal coil, what happened helped my mom to cope with the passing of her father. I think that's a great thing.
Appreciate 0