BMW i
Forum for the BMW i3, i4 and i8
BMW i3 BMW i8
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

  BMW i Forums > BMW i3 Forums > BMW i3 General Discussion

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-23-2019, 10:54 AM   #1
Imran@Evolve
Imran@Evolve's Avatar
United Kingdom
2166
Rep
3,124
Posts

Drives: F90 M5, F80 M3, M2
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bedfordshire UK

iTrader: (0)

Evolve BMW i3s

With the ever increasing popularity of EV cars and the fact that BMW have announced that they are extending the production run of the BMW i3 we were asked to design a kit for the i3s.

This includes front lip and rear spoiler in carbon, 20" forged wheels and lowering springs. We are aiming to have the parts ready early next year and will be building the first car for ourselves.

The render is based on the i3 (we couldn't find a i3s 3D model) but with a i3s front bumper.

i3S Rear Quarter White by Evolve Automotive, on Flickr

i3S Front Quarter White by Evolve Automotive, on Flickr

i3S Rear Quarter Blue by Evolve Automotive, on Flickr

i3S Front Quarter Blue by Evolve Automotive, on Flickr

i3S Rear Quarter Black by Evolve Automotive, on Flickr

i3S Front Quarter Black by Evolve Automotive, on Flickr

i3S Rear Quarter Red by Evolve Automotive, on Flickr

i3S Front Quarter Red by Evolve Automotive, on Flickr
Appreciate 3
      10-25-2019, 01:13 PM   #2
Obioban
Emperor
1085
Rep
2,459
Posts

Drives: 05 M3, 04 M3iT , 01 M5, 17 i3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: West Chester, PA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2017 BMW i3  [0.00]
2005 BMW M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3 Wagon  [0.00]
2001 BMW M5  [0.00]
As a happy Evolve tune owner on my M5, how about a tune for the regular i3?

Regular i3 has the same engine/battery/etc as the i3s. I'd like to see a tune for the regular i3 that...
1) gives the original, factory, ungimped 0-5 mph take off (was reduced after launch via software update to prevent plastic engine mount failure, but they also updated the engine mount design so I don't care about that)
2) gives i3s horsepower
3) gives i3s top speed (100 instead of 94)
4) gives original, i3 launch spec, regen (was later reduced because they found people weren't using their brakes so the were rusting out... not an issue for my driving style)

Bonus if possible:
enable sport mode on regular i3
Appreciate 1
      10-27-2019, 02:07 PM   #3
Spoolin55
Second Lieutenant
Spoolin55's Avatar
United_States
39
Rep
200
Posts

Drives: 19 M4CS San Marino Blue
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Florida

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran@Evolve View Post
With the ever increasing popularity of EV cars and the fact that BMW have announced that they are extending the production run of the BMW i3 we were asked to design a kit for the i3s.

This includes front lip and rear spoiler in carbon, 20" forged wheels and lowering springs. We are aiming to have the parts ready early next year and will be building the first car for ourselves.

The render is based on the i3 (we couldn't find a i3s 3D model) but with a i3s front bumper.

i3S Rear Quarter White by Evolve Automotive, on Flickr

i3S Front Quarter White by Evolve Automotive, on Flickr

i3S Rear Quarter Blue by Evolve Automotive, on Flickr

i3S Front Quarter Blue by Evolve Automotive, on Flickr

i3S Rear Quarter Black by Evolve Automotive, on Flickr

i3S Front Quarter Black by Evolve Automotive, on Flickr

i3S Rear Quarter Red by Evolve Automotive, on Flickr

i3S Front Quarter Red by Evolve Automotive, on Flickr
What will pricing be on the aero parts?
__________________
2020 X3M Competition Alpine White | 2019 M4CS San Marino Blue | 2019 i3S Tera World Fluid Black
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2019, 02:41 PM   #4
Imran@Evolve
Imran@Evolve's Avatar
United Kingdom
2166
Rep
3,124
Posts

Drives: F90 M5, F80 M3, M2
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bedfordshire UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obioban View Post
As a happy Evolve tune owner on my M5, how about a tune for the regular i3?

Regular i3 has the same engine/battery/etc as the i3s. I'd like to see a tune for the regular i3 that...
1) gives the original, factory, ungimped 0-5 mph take off (was reduced after launch via software update to prevent plastic engine mount failure, but they also updated the engine mount design so I don't care about that)
2) gives i3s horsepower
3) gives i3s top speed (100 instead of 94)
4) gives original, i3 launch spec, regen (was later reduced because they found people weren't using their brakes so the were rusting out... not an issue for my driving style)

Bonus if possible:
enable sport mode on regular i3
I will look into it.
Appreciate 1
      10-28-2019, 02:42 PM   #5
Imran@Evolve
Imran@Evolve's Avatar
United Kingdom
2166
Rep
3,124
Posts

Drives: F90 M5, F80 M3, M2
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bedfordshire UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoolin55 View Post
What will pricing be on the aero parts?
Will know when we are closer to production.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 04:43 AM   #6
HotTub TimeMachine
New Member
6
Rep
14
Posts

Drives: 2015 X6M
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Hey Imran, really appreciate you looking into possibly tuning the i3 in the above post. I have a 2015 i3 with no Rex and no sunroof so it's light.

I have a x6m for play and the i3 to get through the traffic to work.

When toasting close to anything In my daily traffic light Grand Prix's in the i3 I need to be super careful to watch out for any big bumps or pot holes in the road. A good size pot hole with the 19 inch wheels under full load feels like it's connected to an amplifier tuned up to 11, it feels like the motor mounts take the full hit with some serious rocking back and forth. The tyres feel like rocks during these hits and just transmit the load to the motor mounts. I imagine the 20 inch rims are worse.

What are your thoughts on a 18 or 19 super lightweight rims with ps4's or a more sports oriented tyre with some flex. Offsets and tyre size will be a challenge on this car.

I don't care about loss of range and with all the free chargers I now have a heavy wallet which needs lightening, are you able to help?

Carbon Revolution wheels have recently caught my eye.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 05:36 AM   #7
Imran@Evolve
Imran@Evolve's Avatar
United Kingdom
2166
Rep
3,124
Posts

Drives: F90 M5, F80 M3, M2
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bedfordshire UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotTub TimeMachine View Post
Hey Imran, really appreciate you looking into possibly tuning the i3 in the above post. I have a 2015 i3 with no Rex and no sunroof so it's light.

I have a x6m for play and the i3 to get through the traffic to work.

When toasting close to anything In my daily traffic light Grand Prix's in the i3 I need to be super careful to watch out for any big bumps or pot holes in the road. A good size pot hole with the 19 inch wheels under full load feels like it's connected to an amplifier tuned up to 11, it feels like the motor mounts take the full hit with some serious rocking back and forth. The tyres feel like rocks during these hits and just transmit the load to the motor mounts. I imagine the 20 inch rims are worse.

What are your thoughts on a 18 or 19 super lightweight rims with ps4's or a more sports oriented tyre with some flex. Offsets and tyre size will be a challenge on this car.

I don't care about loss of range and with all the free chargers I now have a heavy wallet which needs lightening, are you able to help?

Carbon Revolution wheels have recently caught my eye.
The issue with the wheels is the width. Not many wheel producers have the forgings that small.

We are going to make the design above in flow forged and in stock i3s sizes so customers do not have to invest in new tyres.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2019, 02:29 PM   #8
SLF80
Private First Class
United_States
23
Rep
108
Posts

Drives: 2014 F80
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran@Evolve View Post
Will know when we are closer to production.

Are you closer to production now?

What pricing have you settled on?
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2019, 05:31 AM   #9
Imran@Evolve
Imran@Evolve's Avatar
United Kingdom
2166
Rep
3,124
Posts

Drives: F90 M5, F80 M3, M2
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bedfordshire UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLF80 View Post
Are you closer to production now?

What pricing have you settled on?
We expect product release within 1st quarter of 2020.

We are just finishing up our aero projects on the F8X and F90 platforms.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2019, 04:11 AM   #10
HotTub TimeMachine
New Member
6
Rep
14
Posts

Drives: 2015 X6M
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Hey Imran, any progress on the software tuning side you can share with us?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2019, 07:20 AM   #11
Obioban
Emperor
1085
Rep
2,459
Posts

Drives: 05 M3, 04 M3iT , 01 M5, 17 i3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: West Chester, PA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2017 BMW i3  [0.00]
2005 BMW M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3 Wagon  [0.00]
2001 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotTub TimeMachine View Post
Hey Imran, any progress on the software tuning side you can share with us?
I feel like this is far more likely to be a successful product. The i3 is an ugly car, and no amount of lip stick is going to change that. But, enhancing what it's good at... that's what proper car modding is all about.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 04:25 PM   #12
evilchargerfan
Private First Class
evilchargerfan's Avatar
United_States
41
Rep
191
Posts

Drives: 2012 F25 (N55), 2014 I01 (REX)
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Diego / Menifee

iTrader: (1)

those renders look good. I especially like that rear wing
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 04:40 AM   #13
Patman
Lieutenant
Patman's Avatar
Switzerland
29
Rep
440
Posts

Drives: E91 Touring 320d
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Tavannes, Switzerland

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Send a message via ICQ to Patman Send a message via MSN to Patman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran@Evolve View Post
We expect product release within 1st quarter of 2020.
Keep me informed please
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:32 PM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST