BMW i
Forum for the BMW i3, i4 and i8
BMW i3 BMW i8
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

  BMW i Forums > BMW i8 Forums > BMW i8 General Discussion

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-21-2020, 05:14 PM   #1
Ionicsilveri8
Private First Class
United Kingdom
53
Rep
165
Posts

Drives: Donington grey i8 LCI
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Devon

iTrader: (0)

Anyone bought a new i8 LCI? UK

Can you let me know please how many keys you were given? I just bought an LCI with one display key, one standard key and an “unsheathed” blade? Is this right? I would have expected a display key and two standard keys?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 02:18 AM   #2
chris_1M
Private
17
Rep
72
Posts

Drives: BMW i8
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

FWIW
What you describe is exactly matching how my LCI was delivered (Netherlands).
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 03:07 AM   #3
Birdland
Enlisted Member
Birdland's Avatar
Norway
6
Rep
49
Posts

Drives: i8 Roadster Doninton Grey
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Norway

iTrader: (0)

one display key, one standard key and an “unsheathed” blade, is exactly how my LCI car was delivered.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 03:21 AM   #4
ericsi
First Lieutenant
101
Rep
361
Posts

Drives: On my 2nd i8 already
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

I have a new roadster and sameas above: display key, plastic key and one spare metal key.

I find that the mirror retract function does not work all the time. Was always perfect on my 2015 coupe. Weird. Ok when close to the car. Not so when further away.

Also my iphone 6s plus is too big for the phone craddle in the glove box... grrr. Any idea?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 03:21 AM   #5
Maxxsirrah
Second Lieutenant
Maxxsirrah's Avatar
83
Rep
243
Posts

Drives: BMW i8 2017, Crystal White
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Leicestershire, UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ionicsilveri8 View Post
Can you let me know please how many keys you were given? I just bought an LCI with one display key, one standard key and an “unsheathed” blade? Is this right? I would have expected a display key and two standard keys?
Not an LCI, but thats also what I got with my 2017 i8. I guess that when they brought the display key out as a standard feature they dropped one of the normal keys. I've used my display key from day 1, never used the standard key at all.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 03:48 AM   #6
chris_1M
Private
17
Rep
72
Posts

Drives: BMW i8
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsi View Post
I find that the mirror retract function does not work all the time. Was always perfect on my 2015 coupe. Weird. Ok when close to the car. Not so when further away.
Same here. Somewhat annoying and definitely worked 'better' on my 2015 coupe too.
Can anyone confirm the mirror retract function works from 20 feet+ on a LCI model?

Same applies to opening the soft top ... only works from the key when really close to the car.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 03:51 AM   #7
chris_1M
Private
17
Rep
72
Posts

Drives: BMW i8
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsi View Post
Also my iphone 6s plus is too big for the phone craddle in the glove box... grrr. Any idea?
Moved to an iPhone 11 (regular) which just fits the wireless charging cradle with a Razer Arctech Slim cover fitted.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 05:00 AM   #8
Ionicsilveri8
Private First Class
United Kingdom
53
Rep
165
Posts

Drives: Donington grey i8 LCI
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Devon

iTrader: (0)

Guess I won’t complain then! Thanks...
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2020, 05:07 PM   #9
zagaboo
Private First Class
zagaboo's Avatar
64
Rep
168
Posts

Drives: i8
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsi View Post
I have a new roadster and sameas above: display key, plastic key and one spare metal key.

I find that the mirror retract function does not work all the time. Was always perfect on my 2015 coupe. Weird. Ok when close to the car. Not so when further away.

Also my iphone 6s plus is too big for the phone craddle in the glove box... grrr. Any idea?
Same on my roadster vs old coupe. I reckon this must be some safety feature because the fob can also power the roof and so, must be within a certain distance to operate. Bloody annoying after years of being able to fold the mirrors from inside the house!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2020, 03:12 AM   #10
Birdland
Enlisted Member
Birdland's Avatar
Norway
6
Rep
49
Posts

Drives: i8 Roadster Doninton Grey
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Norway

iTrader: (0)

Same here! I have to stand right next to the car in order to operate remotely.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2020, 02:44 PM   #11
ericsi
First Lieutenant
101
Rep
361
Posts

Drives: On my 2nd i8 already
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Ah thanks guys. Such a PITA. At least i know my car is not faulty.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:15 PM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST