BMW i
Forum for the BMW i3, i4 and i8
BMW i3 BMW i8
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

  BMW i Forums > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-09-2020, 12:31 PM   #1
davidr3
Second Lieutenant
168
Rep
272
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Riverside

iTrader: (1)

COVID-19 My ongoing experience

My dad just tested positive for COVID-19 and I haven't left the house, only taking care of him. My brother and I have just fallen sick (got sick on sunday, still sick till now). I'm not going to bother wasting two tests although i've been told to, just to try some of the new medications. I don't care for the attention nor am I pulling the i'm gonna die card but i'm simply here to answer any questions you have. Here's a few facts.

- Dad came home sick wednesday
- I got sick 5 days later (incubation period 5 days)
- I had a cough first for two days (subsided)
- A fever (ongoing)
- Random fatigue, headaches (ongoing)

My dad is an essential worker that couldn't stop going to work. If you can, stop going to work and take this shit seriously or at least get that pay bump. Feel free to ask any questions.
Appreciate 7
      04-09-2020, 12:58 PM   #2
Rmtt
Colonel
Rmtt's Avatar
United_States
7078
Rep
2,081
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Carolina

iTrader: (3)

Sorry to hear about that man. I hope that everyone recoups.

Keep us updated on how you guys are doing.
__________________
Everybody has a gameplan....until they get punched in the mouth.
Appreciate 1
quick6566.50

      04-09-2020, 01:00 PM   #3
Ickdeep
Brigadier General
Ickdeep's Avatar
United_States
4679
Rep
3,795
Posts

Drives: '13 F10 M5 | '15 F15 X5
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
2015 BMW X5  [5.00]
2013 BMW 535i [SOLD]  [5.00]
Ouch, that sucks. Hope you and your family get well soon.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2020, 01:53 PM   #4
euro*
.
euro*'s Avatar
Canada
564
Rep
878
Posts

Drives: F90 M5
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (7)

Get well soon! Sending you all best wishes!
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2020, 02:01 PM   #5
519.E82
Lieutenant
519.E82's Avatar
Canada
210
Rep
421
Posts

Drives: BMW 128i Sport (Non M)
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Ontario, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Are you talking like a light cough, or a feel it in your chest hurts a bit cough
__________________
2008 SGM 128i - 3 Stage IM - 130i Tune - Dinan Camber Plates - BMW PE - Injen Intake - 1M Mirrors - LCI Blacklines - M4 Spoiler - Blacked 263's - Aero Bumper - Aero Side Skirts - OMGSplitter - AFE Intake Scoops
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2020, 02:05 PM   #6
davidr3
Second Lieutenant
168
Rep
272
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Riverside

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickdeep View Post
Ouch, that sucks. Hope you and your family get well soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Sorry to hear about that man. I hope that everyone recoups.

Keep us updated on how you guys are doing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro* View Post
Get well soon! Sending you all best wishes!
Appreciate it guys, i'll be sure to keep the post updated!
Appreciate 1
Ickdeep4679.00

      04-09-2020, 02:07 PM   #7
davidr3
Second Lieutenant
168
Rep
272
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Riverside

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 519.E82 View Post
Are you talking like a light cough, or a feel it in your chest hurts a bit cough
Light dry cough tbh, I haven't felt anything in my chest thus far. I know it's similar to my dads cough though.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2020, 02:18 PM   #8
tim99ws6
Private
74
Rep
71
Posts

Drives: 2016 BMW M5 Comp
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: nashville, tn

iTrader: (1)

I'd be very careful. It's typically a 3 stage process with COVID-19. be very aware of your chest/shortness of breath, etc. Thats the real danger. The fever/chills/aches are just the fun that rides along with it.

Good luck and STAY HYDRATED!
Appreciate 1
wdb2113.00

      04-09-2020, 02:20 PM   #9
Rmtt
Colonel
Rmtt's Avatar
United_States
7078
Rep
2,081
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Carolina

iTrader: (3)

I had a friend from the gym get it in Vegas. Tested positive and isolated to the basement. Fortunately his wife and kids didn't get it.

This was a few weeks ago. He had a low grade fever on and off for about 3 days, heaviness in his chest....but productive coughs for about 2 days....then just a headache that would come and go in intensity for about 5-6 days.

After the 6th day...he said he felt better everyday, but stayed in the basement for about 7 days after all symptoms left.

He is late 30's and in decent shape.
__________________
Everybody has a gameplan....until they get punched in the mouth.
Appreciate 1
wdb2113.00

      04-09-2020, 02:48 PM   #10
383vett
Second Lieutenant
383vett's Avatar
United_States
132
Rep
282
Posts

Drives: 2018 X3 M40i, 2012 X3 Xdrive35
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Moraga, California

iTrader: (0)

Hope you and your family recover fully. How old is everyone in the household?
__________________
2016 Z06 Vette, 10.53@132
1984 Vette, 406, 10.23@131
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2020, 03:06 PM   #11
davidr3
Second Lieutenant
168
Rep
272
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Riverside

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim99ws6 View Post
I'd be very careful. It's typically a 3 stage process with COVID-19. be very aware of your chest/shortness of breath, etc. Thats the real danger. The fever/chills/aches are just the fun that rides along with it.

Good luck and STAY HYDRATED!
Been trying to do little self checks here and there. Drinking lots of liquids constantly.
Appreciate 1
      04-09-2020, 03:07 PM   #12
davidr3
Second Lieutenant
168
Rep
272
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Riverside

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
I had a friend from the gym get it in Vegas. Tested positive and isolated to the basement. Fortunately his wife and kids didn't get it.

This was a few weeks ago. He had a low grade fever on and off for about 3 days, heaviness in his chest....but productive coughs for about 2 days....then just a headache that would come and go in intensity for about 5-6 days.

After the 6th day...he said he felt better everyday, but stayed in the basement for about 7 days after all symptoms left.

He is late 30's and in decent shape.
Well that's a great story, glad he recovered fully and didn't get his family sick. The oddest thing to me is how on and off all the symptoms are. It's like nothing i've had before.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2020, 03:08 PM   #13
davidr3
Second Lieutenant
168
Rep
272
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Riverside

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 383vett View Post
Hope you and your family recover fully. How old is everyone in the household?
Appreciate it

I'm 21, brothers, 24, fathers 62. That's all the people that are sick. My dad is currently in the hospital fighting the pneumonia associated with it though so be careful if you are of older age although he has improved today.
Appreciate 2
wdb2113.00
quick6566.50

      04-09-2020, 03:39 PM   #14
Rmtt
Colonel
Rmtt's Avatar
United_States
7078
Rep
2,081
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Carolina

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidr3 View Post
Well that's a great story, glad he recovered fully and didn't get his family sick. The oddest thing to me is how on and off all the symptoms are. It's like nothing i've had before.
His was exactly the same. He thought by day 4 he was getting passed it....then the next couple days kicked his butt. He said he would feel bad for a few hours...then feel better and thinking he turned the corner.

But once he started improving....it was very quickly.
__________________
Everybody has a gameplan....until they get punched in the mouth.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2020, 04:27 PM   #15
yco
i'm just saying
yco's Avatar
1413
Rep
1,326
Posts

Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Istanbul & Kyiv

iTrader: (0)

ohh.. sorry to hear that, i hope you and your family get through this fast and easy!!
__________________
"Race car driving is like sex. All guys think they're good at it." Jay Leno
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2020, 04:51 PM   #16
tranquility
sportscars only
tranquility's Avatar
Canada
230
Rep
2,089
Posts

Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montréal

iTrader: (0)

Sorry to hear about that. Hope you all recover and become super-immune.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2020, 05:02 PM   #17
wdb
dances with roads
wdb's Avatar
United_States
2113
Rep
2,904
Posts

Drives: '07 Z4MC, '07 E93 328i
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: the perimeter

iTrader: (4)

Subscribed. Please do keep us updated. We'll send good vibes your way from here. Especially for your dad.
Appreciate 1
quick6566.50

      04-09-2020, 06:24 PM   #18
davidr3
Second Lieutenant
168
Rep
272
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Riverside

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
His was exactly the same. He thought by day 4 he was getting passed it....then the next couple days kicked his butt. He said he would feel bad for a few hours...then feel better and thinking he turned the corner.

But once he started improving....it was very quickly.
Yeah man, random symptoms some days, others days a whole different set.

I hope I start turning that corner soon too.
Appreciate 1
      04-09-2020, 06:25 PM   #19
davidr3
Second Lieutenant
168
Rep
272
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Riverside

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Sorry to hear about that. Hope you all recover and become super-immune.
Appreciate it brotha, stay safe!


Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
Subscribed. Please do keep us updated. We'll send good vibes your way from here. Especially for your dad.

Will do man, and appreciate that big time. I'm sure he'll pull through.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2020, 06:34 PM   #20
infinitekidM2C
Major General
infinitekidM2C's Avatar
United_States
1867
Rep
5,092
Posts

Drives: 2019 M2 Competition
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
Stay safe and don't be a hero. Shortness of breath = go to hospital. Apparently they are telling people to deep breath as it helps to avoid it getting worse, but that's just what i've heard.

I actually got sick recently. Don't think it's COVID-19 but who knows:

About 3 weeks ago my wife was a bit sick with what appeared to be a cold. Tired and sore throat, but no fever. Didnt last long. Then a few days later i was working on my car on Sat, then on Sunday i had fatigue and then body aches and a bad sore throat. I checked my temp numerous times but never had a fever. Had a sore throat too but no real coughing. Even now i have a little bit of a sore throat but more or less ok.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2020, 11:00 PM   #21
davidr3
Second Lieutenant
168
Rep
272
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Riverside

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekidM2C View Post
Stay safe and don't be a hero. Shortness of breath = go to hospital. Apparently they are telling people to deep breath as it helps to avoid it getting worse, but that's just what i've heard.

I actually got sick recently. Don't think it's COVID-19 but who knows:

About 3 weeks ago my wife was a bit sick with what appeared to be a cold. Tired and sore throat, but no fever. Didnt last long. Then a few days later i was working on my car on Sat, then on Sunday i had fatigue and then body aches and a bad sore throat. I checked my temp numerous times but never had a fever. Had a sore throat too but no real coughing. Even now i have a little bit of a sore throat but more or less ok.
Yeah no doubt, i've been doing breathing exercises to make sure everythings in check and possibly strengthen them if worse came to worse. Hope you didn't have it or spread it man.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2020, 11:05 PM   #22
davidr3
Second Lieutenant
168
Rep
272
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Riverside

iTrader: (1)

Another current symptom of mine is cotton mouth.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:21 PM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST