FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miss Daisy

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by someguywithanm3 View Post
Don't lose hope. There are always other options from living with family to even buying a small camper van.

Hope it doesn't come to that though and I wish you the best.
No, not ALWAYS those options for some of us.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2020, 11:11 AM   #178
Conissah
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriouslyFast View Post
This would be the absolute wrong time to lose it, though. House I rent has been sold & I have to find a new place to rent. No one is gonna rent to someone with no job.
Tons of apartments don't require proof of income or security deposit as long as your background and renting history checks come back clean.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2020, 11:12 AM   #179
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conissah View Post
Tons of apartments don't require proof of income or security deposit as long as your background and renting history checks come back clean.
Let's hope I don't have to go back to apartment life. I'll definitely be 100% miserable. Also, any decent apts cost the same as renting a house these days as well wtf
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2020, 11:14 AM   #180
Conissah
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriouslyFast View Post
Let's hope I don't have to go back to apartment life. I'll definitely be 100% miserable. Also, any decent apts cost the same as renting a house these days as well wtf
Yeah, but realistically a small apt just to hold you over for a couple months wouldn't be the WORST thing... Just don't unpack your shit and keep on the look. I pay $1050 for a 1400 sq ft apartment, and then another $150 for a garage. Definitely not cheap.
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00
      03-18-2020, 07:35 AM   #181
C2YT
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2YT View Post
I guess I can bring a different perspective here.

Recently graduated in April 2018 with my BBA in Marketing. I have been "interning" at the same company since May 2017. I basically have a full-time load with no benefits, sick days, vacation days, etc. Needless to say it has been a lot of waiting.

We have been in the process of acquiring another company for 5.4B since Feb, 2018. There has been a hiring freeze since then. Multiple cuts, etc etc. Being the low man on the totem pole I have easily been passed over.

April, start of Q2, is finally opening up some positions. Hopefully this last year of waiting will be worth it!
Posted this almost a year ago. Since then:

Tenneco, the company I interned at, has swirled the drain. Stock prices going from mid 60's down to almost $3 a share (well, to be fair it was $5 before the coronavirus).

I jumped ship to a Oil & Gas company for about 8 months. It was good experience, but my heart wasn't really in it. Fast paced environment, terrible company culture, no room for growth. Started looking again in December.

Landed an outside sales role for an abrasive media manufacturer/recycler (steel grit, steel shot, Alox, etc). I manage roughly 90 various accounts across multiple states. I get to typically travel Tues-Thurs, back in the office on Monday/Friday. It is a great work/travel mix and I am extremely happy with the move.

Best advice I can offer is to keep looking. Lots of stuff going on right now, but also a lot of opportunity as well.
      03-18-2020, 07:41 AM   #182
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Company wide announcement was not bad, thankfully. Just people getting promoted & my new temporary boss is now my permanent boss, ugh. Marketing girl got promoted to manager. She sucks & is part of why we have no brand awareness wtf?! I, once again, got the shaft.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1614808.50
      03-22-2020, 03:10 AM   #183
Smgs1992
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 bmw 335i

Id like to eventually find something else. However trying to buy a house currently and i dont think switching jobs in the middle of this process is the wisest choice. I dont want that to affect getting a loan.
Appreciate 0