BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

03-17-2020, 10:33 PM   #221
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miss Daisy

Garage List
Place in Tampa wanted to fly me down for an interview then went dark a couple weeks ago. Real professional...
Appreciate 1
tim99ws6110.00
      03-18-2020, 05:23 AM   #222
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriouslyFast View Post
Place in Tampa wanted to fly me down for an interview then went dark a couple weeks ago. Real professional...
I'm sure it's just related to everything that is going on. They could have at least sent you a message saying they were going to put things on hold.

But people are scared. I can't even get contractors/vendors to call or e-mail me back right now about work we need done.
      03-18-2020, 07:37 AM   #223
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miss Daisy

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
I'm sure it's just related to everything that is going on. They could have at least sent you a message saying they were going to put things on hold.

But people are scared. I can't even get contractors/vendors to call or e-mail me back right now about work we need done.
Doubt it b/c it was before SHTF. Ain't the 1st time shit like this has happened either!

Landscapers were here yesterday doing the mulch in my development.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2020, 12:59 PM   #224
haagm58
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328d Sport Line

Garage List
I great up in the country in Wisconsin, went to college in rural Wisconsin, lived in the city of Chicago and then the burbs for 9 years, spent under a year in Connecticut, and have lived in the Carolinas (outside of Charlotte) for just over 2 years. The Charlotte area by far is my favorite place for so many reasons.

Great weather, slower pace than Chicago, generally well-educated population and at the same time humble and kind, growing economy, 2 hours from significant mountains and 2 hours from the Atlantic ocean, good food options, tons of nature, low taxes compared to CT and IL (and many other states), relatively low cost of living, great job opportunities, good for families, transplants from all over the US are moving here, etc. The list goes on.

Good luck making your decision! We moved here for a better quality of life, not for work or family, and we are very glad we did.
Appreciate 4
Rmtt8206.00
PoorLurker1135.00
Heimdall136.50