Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i, f22 m235i, e30 325is

Garage List
2015 BMW M235i  [0.00]
1988 BMW 325IS  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
My car eats tons of gas because I no matter where I go or how short the drive, I can't stop myself from repeated short bursts of acceleration just to hear the turbo spool and then pshewwww. Does that count?
Appreciate 2
      04-15-2020, 01:46 PM   #68
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ky0u View Post
My car eats tons of gas because I no matter where I go or how short the drive, I can't stop myself from repeated short bursts of acceleration just to hear the turbo spool and then pshewwww. Does that count?
I don't think this counts....turbo spools are allowed here.
Appreciate 3
ky0u1067.00
F32Fleet3570.00
      04-15-2020, 02:04 PM   #69
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Of course I'm the weirdo on here who only sleeps 4 hours on a good night.

Been like that my whole life.
Nachbar8024.00
      04-15-2020, 02:08 PM   #70
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post

If only I could survive like this and not be a zombie the next day. Jealous.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2020, 07:23 PM   #71
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:

try driving a 6 liter v8
Appreciate 1
ky0u1067.00
      04-15-2020, 07:26 PM   #72
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:

I’m best with 7 but can get by with 4 for at least a week. I’d be pretty grumpy by the end of that week though.
Rmtt8209.00
      04-15-2020, 07:30 PM   #73
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:

I was like that too, I can't do that anymore
Miss my freshman days where I could throw down hard, get back at 3-4am and make it showered, presentable, and hungover as shit to my 8am. A coffee and a good breakfast at around 9.30 would fix the whole thing

Now it feels like I need to take a day off to fully recover
Appreciate 2
chenry2355.50
tim99ws6110.00
      04-15-2020, 09:58 PM   #74
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
I was like that too, I can't do that anymore
Miss my freshman days where I could throw down hard, get back at 3-4am and make it showered, presentable, and hungover as shit to my 8am. A coffee and a good breakfast at around 9.30 would fix the whole thing

Now it feels like I need to take a day off to fully recover
Sorry to tell you, but you’ll eventually need 2 days or more. Sucks to get old.
chenry2355.50
cmyx6go15695.00
tim99ws6110.00
      04-16-2020, 05:44 AM   #75
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
I’m best with 7 but can get by with 4 for at least a week. I’d be pretty grumpy by the end of that week though.
I have mentioned it before...I have been through all types of sleep studies. Been with my Dr. 20+ years. Never had any test show anything wrong.

Dr. told me that some people require less, some require more and to listen to my body. I try to be in bed between 10:00-11:00pm...and I am always waking up right before 3:00am.

If I try to stay in bed, I get a headache. However when I get up...I feel fully rested and never have any issues during the day.

I just go with it.
      04-16-2020, 06:07 AM   #76
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Posting in the politics Forum and responding to buttheads like yuldagyn, Capt'n Bloodhound, and MinniMin19...
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 1
F32Fleet3570.00
      04-16-2020, 01:12 PM   #77
ky0u
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i, f22 m235i, e30 325is

Garage List
2015 BMW M235i  [0.00]
1988 BMW 325IS  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
I don't think this counts....turbo spools are allowed here.
Well i mean in that case, I guess I'll keep on keepin on

Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
Rmtt8209.00
      04-16-2020, 02:16 PM   #78
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Well i mean in that case, I guess I'll keep on keepin on

One of my favorite sounds! Makes me miss my E93.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2020, 03:54 PM   #79
Humdizzle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: GT3 + M2c

I used to bite my nails a lot when I was younger. I toned it down by buying this clear nail polish that makes your nails taste super bitter. I still did it as an adult but not as bad, my fingers didn't look torn to shit but at the same time I never used a nail clipper.

with this covid thing I finally gave it up for the most part.

sooo nice having them now. I was messing with those little push pins to keep the fender liners on the other day and having some nails made life so much easier. It also helps a lot with typing at work

2018 Porsche GT3 6MT
2021 M2C DCT
Previous: Ferrari 458 | R35 GTR | F80 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | Scion FRS
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      04-16-2020, 10:15 PM   #80
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
This will sound like a cop out but as they say the struggle is real.

I genuinely wish I wasn't such a picky fuck about (nearly) everything. My entire life I've been cursed with a hyper attention to detail. I can remember being picky about the particular damn crayons I had as a small child... I remember being picky about the fucking beachball I wanted to buy on vacation as a little kid. I can go on and on. It continues to this day. Honestly I really feel it's a burden. When I find something I'm not picky about... spirits is a good example... i love it. People will often start telling me to try this or that high-end spirit and I literally tell them I'm not interested. A true example of ignorance being bliss. It feels like such a relief to not give a damn about something for once.

On a positive note I've leveraged this hyper awareness into a career. I have used this aspect of my personality successfully during my time working in audio engineering and music production; and have continued to use it to this day while working for a high-end loudspeaker manufacturer. That's the best I can do, right?
      04-17-2020, 12:19 AM   #81
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

I twirl my hair, ever since I was a kid. Honestly I think it might be genetic or some shit because I've noticed my uncle do it also. Anyways if I'm watching TV or just sitting not doing anything with my hands I start twirling, I don't even know I'm doing it half the time. It relaxes me, sitting watching TV or something without twirling y just excruciating.

Now honestly I don't much give a shit about it, doesn't bother me per say, no real health effects or anything from it. However I'm getting pretty bald up top and I would LOVE to just shave it all off, the only reason I don't is because of the twirling.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      04-17-2020, 01:18 AM   #82
Nachbar
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: i8

Quote:

Count me in.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8209.00
      04-17-2020, 05:28 AM   #83
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Face Pony Soldier View Post

I genuinely wish I wasn't such a picky fuck about (nearly) everything. My entire life I've been cursed with a hyper attention to detail. I can remember being picky about the particular damn crayons I had as a small child... I remember being picky about the fucking beachball I wanted to buy on vacation as a little kid. I can go on and on. It continues to this day. Honestly I really feel it's a burden. When I find something I'm not picky about... spirits is a good example... i love it. People will often start telling me to try this or that high-end spirit and I literally tell them I'm not interested. A true example of ignorance being bliss. It feels like such a relief to not give a damn about something for once.

On a positive note I've leveraged this hyper awareness into a career. I have used this aspect of my personality successfully during my time working in audio engineering and music production; and have continued to use it to this day while working for a high-end loudspeaker manufacturer. That's the best I can do, right?

Same here....I'm OCD about a lot of stuff. I like "order". I can multi-task with the best of them, and deal with daily emergencies at work with no issues, but it still gets under my skin when something doesn't go as it should logically thinking.

We like to joke that the Law of Physics doesn't apply here at work.

Also I have been known to take an itinerary on vacation...although I finally stopped that a couple of years ago.
      04-17-2020, 06:20 AM   #84
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
I have mentioned it before...I have been through all types of sleep studies. Been with my Dr. 20+ years. Never had any test show anything wrong.

Dr. told me that some people require less, some require more and to listen to my body. I try to be in bed between 10:00-11:00pm...and I am always waking up right before 3:00am.

If I try to stay in bed, I get a headache. However when I get up...I feel fully rested and never have any issues during the day.

I just go with it.
So what do you typically do from 3am until the rest of the world wakes up?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2020, 06:45 AM   #85
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
So what do you typically do from 3am until the rest of the world wakes up?
It used to be go to the gym, and then to work. The guys in the gym thread were making fun of me posting while on vacation at 3:00am on this board.

But the gym was great around 3:30am or so. No one there to bother me.

Now it's do some workout routines with the stuff I have, read,.....and honestly go to work. I will just "pop" in at a random hour to see what's going on, and what the guys are doing.

If I have something to work on with the cars, I will do that. But I'm respectful of my neighbors. So that is usually saved for the weekend.
      04-17-2020, 09:27 AM   #86
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:

I'm in this camp as well. My OCD/attention to detail was instilled by my father. I'm meticulous with everything. Cans in cabinets have to be facing forward, items in the fridge have to be facing outward, etc. Obviously the car, garage, work space/desk, counters, etc. all have to be clean. I too have carried my OCD into my job. I'm a Project Coordinator and 5S Champion. It's a curse to me, but a blessing for everyone else who has to go behind me or work after me.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8209.00
      04-17-2020, 09:30 AM   #87
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Quote:
Quote:

I'm in this camp as well. My OCD/attention to detail was instilled by my father. I'm meticulous with everything. Cans in cabinets have to be facing forward, items in the fridge have to be facing outward, etc. Obviously the car, garage, work space/desk, counters, etc. all have to be clean. I too have carried my OCD into my job. I'm a Project Coordinator and 5S Champion. It's a curse to me, but a blessing for everyone else who has to go behind me or work after me.
I joke about having "table claustrophobia" because I hate a cluttered tabletop. When I go to a restaurant the first thing I do after sitting down is move everything away from me. I'll even put stuff on an adjoining table if I have to. Lol
      04-17-2020, 10:18 AM   #88
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I joke about having "table claustrophobia" because I hate a cluttered tabletop. When I go to a restaurant the first thing I do after sitting down is move everything away from me. I'll even put stuff on an adjoining table if I have to. Lol

This is 💯 me! I sit down and immediately rearrange the table. If people are sitting next to us I put it on the floor. I don't need some mini candle for mood lighting. It's really bad at nicer restaurants when they have a formal place setting with water and wine glasses. I want to rip it all off the table to a bare minimum.
Appreciate 2