BMW i3 Forums BMW i3 General Discussion

12-09-2015, 01:22 PM   #1
Rekla
Hug the road... Carpe Asphalt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 ///M Coupe

New to the i3 community

Hello all! I have recently joined the i3 community by leasing a 2015 i3 REX for the next 30 months. My 2013 X5-35d lease was up and boy - did I like that SAV! But times are changing, electrons are in and diesel is out - technology is advancing and leasing is a great way to try something new! Talking of which, David Padgalskas (as stated by many others on several forums) from BMW Portland is fantastic to deal with! If you are in the market for any BMW model, reach out to have him make you an offer - then judge for yourself! The specs on my i3 REX are Iconic silver, Giga World, Parking Assist and Harman/Kardon Premium sound. I did not want to pay extra for the Technology package because the i3 will be driven mostly "around town" (familiar terrain) and comes with standard NAV and I-drive features on a smaller screen - I think that suffices. So far, 240 miles on the car of which 160 electric, I have a level 2 charger on order, downloaded the "I-remote" app and I am reading up on the owners manual. Driving fully electric is an awkward experience - no engine noise, no shifting and regenerative braking are things getting used to. I will try to keep everyone posted on my i3 driving experience to share the real world use of it and post things that happen to me and my i3 over the next 30 months!

12-09-2015, 07:01 PM   #2
afadeev
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekla View Post
Hello all! I have recently joined the i3 community by leasing a 2015 i3 REX for the next 30 months. My 2013 X5-35d lease was up and boy - did I like that SAV! But times are changing, electrons are in and diesel is out - technology is advancing and leasing is a great way to try something new! Talking of which, David Padgalskas (as stated by many others on several forums) from BMW Portland is fantastic to deal with! If you are in the market for any BMW model, reach out to have him make you an offer - then judge for yourself! The specs on my i3 REX are Iconic silver, Giga World, Parking Assist and Harman/Kardon Premium sound. I did not want to pay extra for the Technology package because the i3 will be driven mostly "around town" (familiar terrain) and comes with standard NAV and I-drive features on a smaller screen - I think that suffices. So far, 240 miles on the car of which 160 electric, I have a level 2 charger on order, downloaded the "I-remote" app and I am reading up on the owners manual. Driving fully electric is an awkward experience - no engine noise, no shifting and regenerative braking are things getting used to. I will try to keep everyone posted on my i3 driving experience to share the real world use of it and post things that happen to me and my i3 over the next 30 months!
Welcome aboard!
Living with an EV is different, but fun.

Once you get comfy with the new car, may I recommend that you google coding the i3's via ENET cable.
Unlocking the full 2.4 liter tank (vs. US software restricted 1.9 gallon) and removing very annoying disclaimers and rear hatch auto-lock behaviors are some of many benefits:
www[.]enetguides[.]com/guides

a
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 10:09 PM   #3
scottomfg
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '14 Cayman S 6MT, '21 X5 45E

Congrats! We just got ours tonight, also from BMW Portland, exactly the same as yours but with the tech package--so thanks for not snagging that one before we could get it, ha. David told me he trucked a few up to Seattle, I guess one of those was yours. Anyway, seems like a fantastic car, and I know we both got excellent deals, couldn't ask for more.

2014 981 Cayman S 6MT, X73 Suspension, SES
2021 X5 45e MSport, Manhattan Green, Coffee Merino, Review & Photos
Previous: '18 340 GT, '15 M235i 6MT, '15 i3 REx, '15 x1 xDrive28i
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2015, 01:10 PM   #4
SunnyD
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS

Welcome to the club!
'98 ///M3 | 5MT - Gone
'07 ///M Coupe | 6MT - Gone
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2015, 02:20 PM   #5
SuprMario
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i GC.

Welcome to the EV community!!

Make sure to enroll and activate --> http://chargenow.chargepoint.com/fast-charging
Portland is an eligible market for ChargeNow's latest promotion.
Appreciate 0