07-10-2006, 11:29 AM   #727
BMW320i
Colonel
Oman
Rep
Drives: '06 AW 320i

Garage List
2006 320i  [0.00]
well, if that's the case, then Zidane was right 2 b angry, but still, he shoul've been more respectfull, he is a player with experience, should know how to handle it...

still, this could b just a rumer, Materazzi might have said somthing bad, but not necisserely what it was said by the brazilian TV

19" velocity CSL replicas staggured // Continental sport contact 2: rear: 255/35/19, Front: 235/35/19 // Blacklines // rear OEM spoiler // y-connector // 30% v-kool tint all around // Black Roof/Mirrors // H&R Sport springs // H&R TRAK+ 15mm spacers //
BMW never makes ordinary cars . . .
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2006, 11:29 AM   #728
DLJJ3399
Lack of charisma can be fatal...
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by greginaz1
Somebody at bimmerfest posted the below...and I'm back to thinking soccer is one step above (maybe) 'pro' wrestling...

According to Globo TV (from Brazil) which hired lip reading experts to watch footage of the game, on at least two occasions, Materazzi called Zidane's sister "a ******* whore", screamed at Zidane that he was a "terrorist" and that a "half-Algerian had no place playing for France in the World Cup."

If that is actually true, it sort of flies in the face of FIFA and UEFA's attempts to remove racism from the game, especially in Spain and Italy. Their anti-racism campaign has been directed at fans, so perhaps they need to redirect their efforts ...

I suspected he said something very racist to get Zidane to do something like this.

If it’s true Italy should get the cup taken from them. Getting points taken away won’t count now. FIFA said they can’t control the fans, but they would punish the teams if they did anything racist.

Italy is one of the worst perpetrators in Europe and highly know for their out right racism.

Most people in the US don’t even know what’s going on over there and if they knew, wouldn’t be so proud to route for such a blatant attack on humanity during a sporting event.

I’ll even bet that most people don’t even know that Zidane is ½ Algerian. It would suck to be black and play soccer in Europe.

Can you imagine is the fans yelled ****** go home, threw bananas on the court or field and spat on the black players at any of our sporting events in the US. This would not be tolerated in the US, but it is in Europe.

Don’t believe me read on at the link here... We really need to cut this shit out of our world. Peace

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/socce...ance-cup_x.htm
      07-10-2006, 12:13 PM   #729
Juve29
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 325i titanium silver spk

It’s true some of the Italian fans are racist but not the majority. Furthermore, Spanish fans are known to be worse than the Italian fans. Diego Maradona hated playing in Barcelona because they use to call him all sorts of names because he had indian blood.

By the way don’t be blinded by the fact that a lot of the players on the French team are black because some of the French fans are very racist. Unfortunately racism is everywhere not just in Italy.

I do agree that racism has to stop. There is no place for racism in sport. And I would go as far as saying that if Materazzi did make some racist comments he should be suspended.

Last edited by Juve29; 07-10-2006 at 07:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2006, 12:22 PM   #730
Juve29
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Where was Sepp Blatter?
That guy just hates Italy.
He`s the President of FIFA he should have been the one handing out the medals.
I guess he was so pissed off that the Italians won that he went home.

Last edited by Juve29; 07-10-2006 at 02:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2006, 02:17 PM   #731
Juve29
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Bella unfortunately your man Cannavaro wasn`t chosen best player of the tournament. They chose Zidane instead.

Cannavaro had been consistent throughout the whole tournament, Zidane had two great games and a headbutt and was still named best player of the tournament. That`s an injustice.

Sepp blatter`s absence and Zidane voted best player of tournament (I don`t care what people say) cleary shows that the FIFA is not to found of Italy.

To bad for them Italy is the World Champ.
Four world cups for the Azzurri
      07-10-2006, 02:38 PM   #732
rudyg
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

Kind of a bittersweet ending to the World Cup for me...
      07-10-2006, 03:18 PM   #733
DLJJ3399
Lack of charisma can be fatal...
Rep

Garage List
FIFA means...

Footballs International Flopping Association.

I'd much rather watch a pro-wrestling cage match.

I have no respect for European football after this last months spectical.

Can you imagine if the Super Bowl was decided by a field goal kick off, or the World Series was decided by a home run slug fest?

Better yet, lets have the NBA do a free throw contest after regulation.

Give me a break... Play on till someone wins the game!
      07-10-2006, 06:45 PM   #734
puck724
COLTS 4 LIFE!!!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
all right so now that ive cooled down a bit ill talk about the game..haha..

italy came out strong and honestly i was scared everytime the italians took a corner. almost got at least 2 more goals out of them. they played a real well in the ifrst half but only had a few moments in the second half. i seriously thought that france would score. in my opininon france was the better team yesterday.

i was going to piss my pants when henry almost knocked himslef out running into cannavaros shoulder...after he was ok i was laughing so hard. that ish was funny....

what the hell was up with totti? i like him and he did nothing in hte game, aside fomr the zidane thing he was my biggest dissappointment...

barthez...i never liked him...buffon...damn hes good...

in my opinion buffon and cannavaro won the game for italy, especiallyi in the second half and extra time...

now for zidane...haha...im gunna share a little story before i talk about the headbutt. a few years ago when i was still playing ice hockey i had a moment of just stupid rage. one of my friends was raped the night before one of my games. during the game there was always the usaul trash talking, the "your momma is so....", your girlfriend is sooo....". you know all the good stuff. so anyway i was going at it with one of hte other players the entire game and about midway through the 3rd period i trip him and start skating away. as he is getting up he yells out "if you f***ing do that again i will rape all your friends!" the next thing i knew i cross-checked his arm and broke my stick. by no means am i making an excuse for what zidane did or what i did because it was shameful and a total disregard for sportsmanship, but you neverk now when someting will just trigger and the next you just act without thinking. i regret what i did and i imagine he regrets what he did. hope that made sense.....

anyway. congrats to the italians. you guys overcame a lot of shit going on in the country and never stopped playing...
      07-11-2006, 12:18 AM   #735
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tit Silver 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Puck- i agree with you. Italy def was the dominating team in the first half, but ill give credit to France for having most of the possession during the second.

When henry got knocked out, man we couldnt believe it. It was seriously within the first 2 minutes of the game. Everyone in little italy was booing ha ha.

I was hoping Cannavaro would have won the golden ball. He was solid. In my opinion, as well as many others, he is the best defender in the world. The way he reads the ball, the player, and can so gracefully stop the play is incredible.

Zidane won it because hes retiring. Plus they voted before the game, so im sure that lil headbutt would have changed things.

Totti didnt do shit. He was a disappointment, especially with all the hype surrounding him. I barely even heard his name throughout the game, so, i agree with Lippi on his substitution.

Buffon is amazing.. there arent any words. He saved us SOO many times that if it werent for him, i doubt we would have been in the finals.

Fifa posted Lippi's statement regarding the game, he said that he had been given 2 of Gods gifts -- CANNAVARO AND BUFFON
      07-11-2006, 01:15 AM   #736
BMW320i
Colonel
Oman
Rep

Garage List
2006 320i  [0.00]
i said it before and im gonna say it again...

did france play better?? they had more ball possession, more shots, but u must look at the other side before judging, Italy wanted things to go that way, n they did it v well, they wanted france to push more n more without a result, n they succeeded

zidane didnt deserved it that's for sure, cannavaro is by far much better (he was more of a soul player of italy than zidane of france)...

bella: i liked lippi's statement, that's soooooooooooo true

19" velocity CSL replicas staggured // Continental sport contact 2: rear: 255/35/19, Front: 235/35/19 // Blacklines // rear OEM spoiler // y-connector // 30% v-kool tint all around // Black Roof/Mirrors // H&R Sport springs // H&R TRAK+ 15mm spacers //
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2006, 01:18 AM   #737
BellasBmw
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW320i
i said it before and im gonna say it again...

did france play better?? they had more ball possession, more shots, but u must look at the other side before judging, Italy wanted things to go that way, n they did it v well, they wanted france to push more n more without a result, n they succeeded

zidane didnt deserved it that's for sure, cannavaro is by far much better (he was more of a soul player of italy than zidane of france)...

bella: i liked lippi's statement, that's soooooooooooo true
From watching the game simply as a fan, it seemed as if Italy wasnt doing much in the 2nd half. But im sure there was tatic involved and this was all planned.
      07-11-2006, 07:43 AM   #738
Juve29
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

In the second half the Azzurri were really tired, the game against Germany really took a lot out of them.

I think Totti had a good tournament everytime he came out of the pitch the Italians weren't able to create anything up front. Out of the 12 goal Italy scored 9 were as a result of Totti. I think people expected to much out of him, plus he came back from a 4 month injury. In the second half (eventhough the Italians started slow) the moment Lippi substituted Totti for Iaquinta nothing was happening anymore. Instead of substituting Totti he should have substituted Toni for Gilardino, Toni looked really tired.

What's important is that they won.
      07-11-2006, 09:47 AM   #739
BMW320i
Colonel
Oman
Rep

Garage List
2006 320i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBmw
From watching the game simply as a fan, it seemed as if Italy wasnt doing much in the 2nd half. But im sure there was tatic involved and this was all planned.
my point exactly, italy wasnt doing somthing, just dodging the frensh attacks, n they did that pritty well

Appreciate 0
      07-11-2006, 09:51 AM   #740
BMW320i
Colonel
Oman
Rep

Garage List
2006 320i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juve29
In the second half the Azzurri were really tired, the game against Germany really took a lot out of them.

I think Totti had a good tournament everytime he came out of the pitch the Italians weren't able to create anything up front. Out of the 12 goal Italy scored 9 were as a result of Totti. I think people expected to much out of him, plus he came back from a 4 month injury. In the second half (eventhough the Italians started slow) the moment Lippi substituted Totti for Iaquinta nothing was happening anymore. Instead of substituting Totti he should have substituted Toni for Gilardino, Toni looked really tired.

What's important is that they won.
my opinion: Iaquinta should not have the chance to play since Gilardino and Inzaghi r on the chairs as well ...

and yeah, he should've substituted Toni, not Totti, that was the turnover, Italy had no attacks after that exact moment...

Italy won the WC, enough said,,,

Appreciate 0
      07-11-2006, 10:33 AM   #741
chongki
Anyaketdin!
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by greginaz1
Somebody at bimmerfest posted the below...and I'm back to thinking soccer is one step above (maybe) 'pro' wrestling...

According to Globo TV (from Brazil) which hired lip reading experts to watch footage of the game, on at least two occasions, Materazzi called Zidane's sister "a ******* whore", screamed at Zidane that he was a "terrorist" and that a "half-Algerian had no place playing for France in the World Cup."

If that is actually true, it sort of flies in the face of FIFA and UEFA's attempts to remove racism from the game, especially in Spain and Italy. Their anti-racism campaign has been directed at fans, so perhaps they need to redirect their efforts ...
If the reason behind it all was where Materazzi called Zidane a terrorist and dissed his family then props to Zidane for the headbutt, Materazzi's lucky there he only got a headbutt I would have beaten him down and jumped on him with my spikes
      07-11-2006, 03:05 PM   #742
Juve29
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Tomorow the verdict is coming out regarding the soccer scandal in Italy. Hopefully Jeventus will only get relegated to serie B and get few points deducted. I just hope they dont get relegated to serie C2 because it will be a while before we see them back in serie A. What's serie A without Juve?
      07-11-2006, 03:13 PM   #743
BMW320i
Colonel
Oman
Rep

Garage List
2006 320i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juve29
Tomorow the verdict is coming out regarding the soccer scandal in Italy. Hopefully Jeventus will only get relegated to serie B and get few points deducted. I just hope they dont get relegated to serie C2 because it will be a while before we see them back in serie A. What's serie A without Juve?
hopefully that wont happen....

i dont know who's responsible 4 this verdict, but if he has anything related 2 football, then he's crazy if he think he can put Juve in serie C2, and the other teams in serie B, Serie A will b sooooooooooooo damn boring

and what's its like for a player 2 win the WC and then play in serie B???? (most Italy players r from these clubs: Juve, Milan, Lazio and fiorentina)

i heared a rumer saying that they will give them a full forgiveness if they won the WC, looks like its still just a rumer

Appreciate 0
      07-11-2006, 03:16 PM   #744
Juve29
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:

i dont know who's responsible 4 this verdict, but if he has anything related 2 football, then he's crazy if he think he can put Juve in serie C2, and the other teams in serie B, Serie A will b sooooooooooooo damn boring

and what's its like for a player 2 win the WC and then play in serie B???? (most Italy players r from these clubs: Juve, Milan, Lazio and fiorentina)

i heared a rumer saying that they will give them a full forgiveness if they won the WC, looks like its still just a rumer

Unfortunately it's just a rumour. I believe they won't be as severe with the punishment. I really really hope so
      07-12-2006, 10:30 AM   #745
Scarabeo
Private First Class
Italy
Rep
Drives: E90

I saw Materrazzi and Del Piero last night at the Stones concert in Milan...they came out at the end and the crowd went wild....
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2006, 11:38 AM   #746
BellasBmw
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:

I heard that they players who were on the national team from juve, fiorentina, milan, lazio..etc. will not be regulated to serie C. Meaning Cannavaro, Buffon, Inzaghi..etc. wont have to play in Serie C because in reality, they didnt have anything to do with the scandal- so why be punished
      07-12-2006, 12:11 PM   #747
Juve29
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBmw
I heard that they players who were on the national team from juve, fiorentina, milan, lazio..etc. will not be regulated to serie C. Meaning Cannavaro, Buffon, Inzaghi..etc. wont have to play in Serie C because in reality, they didnt have anything to do with the scandal- so why be punished

Juve does not have to sell the players but I doubt that the players will stay with Juve.

The rumours are that Cannavaro is going to Real Madrid. Zambrotta is going most probably with Real Madrid and maybe with Ac Milan.
Luca Toni is going to Inter Milan. Buffon is going to AC MILAN . Del Piero will probably stay with Juventus or maybe he'll go to some English team.

As of now the verdict hasn't come out.
My prediction is that Lazio and AcMilan will stay in serie A with point deductions (they probably start the season with minus 9 points), Fiorentina will get relegated to serie B, and Juve will also be relagated serie B with point deduction (in this case might even go as far as 15 points).

Forza Juve!!!
      07-12-2006, 12:49 PM   #748
BellasBmw
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Lippi resigned

He was brilliant.

They are considering Donadoni for replacement . i remember him from wayyyy back in the day. he was my brothers favorite player