Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi S3....don't judge me

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Has anyone been to the new Grapevine TX BMW dealership yet?

I'm wondering if I should go there for service instead of Classic BMW.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2017, 06:25 AM   #2
deansbimmer
Mporium BMW
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 M3

Garage List
1988 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
2011 X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Are they open now? I wouldn't mind checking them out...Especially if they are better with ///M inventory than Classic.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2017, 09:26 AM   #3
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
I had already ordered my airbag from Classic when I realized Sewell was open. I will try them whenever my 1er breaks down again. Luckily, that hasn't happened in a while.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2017, 12:20 PM   #4
Archie Bunker
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2

I live in Grapevine and I own the first M2 purchased from here. I cannot speak more highly of a dealership / Sewell family. Amazing experience and amazing people. They make other dealerships non-existent in my mind.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2017, 12:34 PM   #5
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
My experience with Sewell Infinity was slightly better than Crest or Grubbs. But I was not amazed. Classic BMW has been better than expected. But I will give Sewell BMW a try.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 01:57 PM   #6
kaleb
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '12 X5 35d

I have toured the facility and it is really top-notch. They opened their parts department with a HUGE inventory. Service was hit-and-miss the first month because they were inundated with business. They did not anticipate how many service customers they would have. I believe more techs have been brought in to fix that. For example they would limit call-in service appointments to only 10 per day. They ran out of loan cars, etc. But all this will be fixed, these are just first-month issues.
2012 X5 35D - Platinum Gray / Cinnamon Options: Sport, Tech, Cold Weather, comfort seats, leather dash, high beam assist, lane-departure warning, soft-close doors, two-row, self-leveling suspension, hi-fi stereo
Tracks driven (in any car): Nürburgring Nordschleife (05/2011), LeMans (ok, just the public part), Eagles Canyon Raceway, MotorSport Ranch Cresson, COTA Austin
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 05:46 PM   #7
Mr Carrots
Captain
Rep
Drives: Bmw

I've seen enough high end cars driving around with Sewell badges on the back to never want to set foot in that place - any dealership who thinks it's ok to put huge obnoxious badges on cars is not somewhere I want to take mine.

As an aside, how is the service at Classic? I'm taking mine in this weekend and would like to know yays or nays
Appreciate 1
      10-06-2017, 08:58 AM   #8
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Nicole has been my service rep. They've been very helpful as far as warranty work goes, but I've had to explain the fix on an item before (DCT software problem). Overall, I've been happy with them. I would make sure to use this site to double check on any diagnosis on your car. But that applies to any repair shop.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2017, 01:16 PM   #9
AngryBaby
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie Bunker
I live in Grapevine and I own the first M2 purchased from here. I cannot speak more highly of a dealership / Sewell family. Amazing experience and amazing people. They make other dealerships non-existent in my mind.
Weren't they selling it above MSRP?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2017, 10:54 PM   #10
WallySlash
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 428xi Sport Line

Garage List
2014 BMW 428xi  [9.00]
I have been in twice. Overall not a good experience.

First visit was to replace passenger door regulator. The door handle wasn’t screwed in properly as the two plastic compression nuts were split. The service tech just slapped it together and left the broken parts in the bottom of the door. I took it back in and it was repaired properly.

Second visit was to replace rear brakes. Brake job was completed OK but the service tech chipped both rear wheels that were freshly machined and painted. They made good on the wheels however when I washed I noticed a lug bolt was missing. I made a spirited road trip to Lubbock (via 114 to 82) before I noticed. No harm I suppose but it makes me wonder about the quality of the service techs.

I can say that Grapevine is better than Autobahn in Fort Worth.

The dealerships are equidistant from my home in Keller but having to traverse 35 under construction isn’t ideal.

I have been to Autobahn twice as well. The first visit was to get an oil change and some other maintenance items done after buying the car. Supposedly they replaced the cabin air filter but after a lingering smell I pulled the filter and surprise it was *packed* full of leaves and bugs. Second visit was to get an alignment. Had to go back to get it done again as the car pulled hard to the left. It was resolved and the car drives fine.

And just today I went to clean my MAF and noticed that the air filter, supposedly replaced by Autobahn in April, was very dirty. Since the first Autobahn visit until today I have put 1500 miles on the car. Granted Lubbock is dusty and dirty but the filter shouldn’t have been that dirty.

This is *my* first owned car after 27 years of driving corporate provided vehicles (Impala, Malibu and Taurus) and I can honestly report that the service was less frustrating at Chevrolet and Ford. But I will continue to visit Grapevine BMW for service because they made it right...and apologized profusely. I am thinking they are working the bugs out of their processes given that they are a new dealership.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2017, 11:29 AM   #11
Archie Bunker
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryBaby View Post
Sewell dealerships "will never sell a car above MSRP"
Appreciate 1
Viffermike1753.00
      10-07-2017, 12:24 PM   #12
AngryBaby
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie Bunker
Quote:
Well we've seen other franchises say the same thing only to have a dealer of theirs do just that.

Pretty sure I perused their online inventory right after they opened and saw an M2 for over sticker. Maybe they came to their senses.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2017, 04:00 PM   #13
ipilcher
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Compensation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie Bunker View Post
Why not? If someone wants to buy it at that price, why shouldn't they sell it?
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2017, 09:27 AM   #14
Archie Bunker
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipilcher View Post
Why not? If someone wants to buy it at that price, why shouldn't they sell it?
I'm sure they wouldn't turn down the cash if you were dumb enough to offer it. In my reading of the word "sell" I assumed "price" was implied.

Quote:
Well we've seen other franchises say the same thing only to have a dealer of theirs do just that.

Pretty sure I perused their online inventory right after they opened and saw an M2 for over sticker. Maybe they came to their senses.
I am disappointed to hear that, as I was hoping to get a GT3 from a Sewell dealership

FWIW, I was allocated a spot for my M2 in February, months before they physically opened. When I went in June, I saw a white DCT M2 in the showroom with every M accessory known to man... probably where the $6x,000 price tag came from you looked at online.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2017, 03:47 PM   #15
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Carrots View Post
I've seen enough high end cars driving around with Sewell badges on the back to never want to set foot in that place - any dealership who thinks it's ok to put huge obnoxious badges on cars is not somewhere I want to take mine.

As an aside, how is the service at Classic? I'm taking mine in this weekend and would like to know yays or nays
Just request that they don't put it on your car. They will happily oblige.

Sewell is legendary in these parts for good reason: a long history of customer-first attitudes, relatively little pricing/elitist shenanigans, and heaps upon heaps of return customers. No dealership is perfect, but in Dallas -- arguably the most competitive luxury vehicle market in the U.S. -- it's rivaled only by Park Place.

For the reasons above, it doesn't have to sell a car above MSRP.
Appreciate 0