BMW i
Forum for the BMW i3, i4 and i8
BMW i3 BMW i8
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

  BMW i Forums > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-10-2019, 07:26 PM   #133
******
Banned
United_States
2036
Rep
1,689
Posts

Drives: 2019 X5 Msport
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Greenville, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
In campaign stop after campaign stop he usually said a very beautiful very tall concrete wall. Now who the eff knows. I think it is a white picket fence with some flowers and shrubs.
That’s better than the yellow brick road you libbies want to offer the invaders...
Appreciate 1
SakhirM49495.00

      01-10-2019, 07:56 PM   #134
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
8942
Rep
21,978
Posts

Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0L View Post
Here's a possible scenario:

Trump eventually gets his wall, then brags incessantly how much safer we are. Then the not-so-favorable statistics come out and Trump labels that fake news. Or, he claims he didn't get the wall he really wanted - it was just a compromise.
Right kind of like every other social program the left promotes that have worsened the problem then need more funding. Dont see the problem. It should be a route dems are well acquainted with.
Appreciate 1
      01-10-2019, 08:07 PM   #135
minn19
Major General
minn19's Avatar
United_States
5772
Rep
6,393
Posts

Drives: 19 F150, 19 M550 19 ZL1 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herdalum View Post
Thatís better than the yellow brick road you libbies want to offer the invaders...
You obviously canít read or havenít read my previous posts in other threads on the topic. Iím for border security that is going to work. You righties will do whatever your master tells you to regardless if it works or not. Right now he just happens to be a big orange douchebag.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 08:24 PM   #136
******
Banned
United_States
2036
Rep
1,689
Posts

Drives: 2019 X5 Msport
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Greenville, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
You obviously canít read or havenít read my previous posts in other threads on the topic. Iím for border security that is going to work. You righties will do whatever your master tells you to regardless if it works or not. Right now he just happens to be a big orange douchebag.
Uh, I quoted what I responded to that you wrote... is that too hard for you to understand? I’m supposed to revisit your life’s history? Don’t say something you don’t want to be responsible for, ok?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 08:32 PM   #137
minn19
Major General
minn19's Avatar
United_States
5772
Rep
6,393
Posts

Drives: 19 F150, 19 M550 19 ZL1 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herdalum View Post
Uh, I quoted what I responded to that you wrote... is that too hard for you to understand? Iím supposed to revisit your lifeís history? Donít say something you donít want to be responsible for, ok?
Iím 100% against the wall. But, Iím for border security that works. How hard is that to understand?

Notice how this article mentions a northern border. You know another long ass one that can be used to smuggle things across. Not to mention the long coastlines where you canít build walls.

https://www.militaryaerospace.com/ar...s-borders.html

But, I wouldnít expect Neanderthals like you that can barely put a sentence together to understand how complex a problem it is. And how a wall wonít do shit to stem the flow of drugs/weapons. Itíll slow some illegal immigrants, but not nearly all of them.

We might as well build it. It can be a jobs program. The Republicans donít care about deficits anymore so fuck it, have at it.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 08:36 PM   #138
dsad1
Lieutenant Colonel
713
Rep
1,777
Posts

Drives: car
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Iím 100% against the wall. But, Iím for border security that works. How hard is that to understand?

Notice how this article mentions a northern border. You know another long ass one that can be used to smuggle things across. Not to mention the long coastlines where you canít build walls.

https://www.militaryaerospace.com/ar...s-borders.html

But, I wouldnít expect Neanderthals like you that can barely put a sentence together to understand how complex a problem it is. And how a wall wonít do shit to stem the flow of drugs/weapons. Itíll slow some illegal immigrants, but not nearly all of them.

We might as well build it. It can be a jobs program. The Republicans donít care about deficits anymore so fuck it, have at it.
Just curious, do you have more detail on border security that works? No problem if you don't, just curious if there is something specific that you would put money towards.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 08:37 PM   #139
3.0L
Lieutenant Colonel
3.0L's Avatar
United_States
1288
Rep
1,987
Posts

Drives: M235i
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Right kind of like every other social program the left promotes that have worsened the problem then need more funding. Dont see the problem. It should be a route dems are well acquainted with.
You missed the point. Trump never takes responsibility for any of his short-comings. He always blames someone else. Always.
__________________
///M235i | Mineral Grey Metallic | Premium Package | Technology Package | Driver Assistance Package | Dakota Coral Red/Black Leather | Harman/Kardon Premium 360 watt sound system | 8-speed automatic

Want a Cookie?.
Appreciate 2
      01-10-2019, 08:39 PM   #140
adc100
Major
979
Rep
1,201
Posts

Drives: 2018 Forester XT
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Elizabethtown PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Iím 100% against the wall. But, Iím for border security that works. How hard is that to understand?
When they walk across the border how does your technology help you? I keep asking the question and get no coherent answer?
Appreciate 1
N54Yankee1547.50

      01-10-2019, 08:41 PM   #141
******
Banned
United_States
2036
Rep
1,689
Posts

Drives: 2019 X5 Msport
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Greenville, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Iím 100% against the wall. But, Iím for border security that works. How hard is that to understand?

Notice how this article mentions a northern border. You know another long ass one that can be used to smuggle things across. Not to mention the long coastlines where you canít build walls.

https://www.militaryaerospace.com/ar...s-borders.html

But, I wouldnít expect Neanderthals like you that can barely put a sentence together to understand how complex a problem it is. And how a wall wonít do shit to stem the flow of drugs/weapons. Itíll slow some illegal immigrants, but not nearly all of them.

We might as well build it. It can be a jobs program. The Republicans donít care about deficits anymore so fuck it, have at it.
Wow, I write”That’s better than the yellow brick road you libbies want to offer the invaders...” and you come totally unglued, foaming at the mouth screaming your ad hominems... I think you need some help, seriously...
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 08:41 PM   #142
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
8942
Rep
21,978
Posts

Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0L View Post
You missed the point. Trump never takes responsibility for any of his short-comings. He always blames someone else. Always.
Yeah and the social programs blame lack of funding so they can be a perpetual money suck even worse. Are any of those programs with lack of results taking responsibility and saying we should stop this program?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 08:42 PM   #143
minn19
Major General
minn19's Avatar
United_States
5772
Rep
6,393
Posts

Drives: 19 F150, 19 M550 19 ZL1 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
Just curious, do you have more detail on border security that works? No problem if you don't, just curious if there is something specific that you would put money towards.
Did you read that article? It covers a ton of stuff from problems to solutions and isnít just about the land border between us and Mexico, which funny only Trump and most Republicans are focused on.

Here is another tech advance from driverless cars that looks interesting.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/18/t...all-lidar.html

For some reason both parties love to use outdated expensive and obsolete tech. The Republicans are in love with their wall currently and Democrats love big expensive trains.

We have Silicon Valley etc and some of the leading tech firms in the world and this is the best we can do?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 08:43 PM   #144
minn19
Major General
minn19's Avatar
United_States
5772
Rep
6,393
Posts

Drives: 19 F150, 19 M550 19 ZL1 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herdalum View Post
Wow, I writeĒThatís better than the yellow brick road you libbies want to offer the invaders...Ē and you come totally unglued, foaming at the mouth screaming your ad hominems... I think you need some help, seriously...
Grog type on computer thingy. He very sensitive. Can give, but can not take or cries in dark basement room.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 08:46 PM   #145
minn19
Major General
minn19's Avatar
United_States
5772
Rep
6,393
Posts

Drives: 19 F150, 19 M550 19 ZL1 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
When they walk across the border how does your technology help you? I keep asking the question and get no coherent answer?
Come on, read the articles. A lot of this is in use now and works well. Spend the money on the manpower etc to respond when the alarms are tripped. They are already tunneling under the existing walls. How do you think they detect that and respond to it? Do you think they just build the wall and go nothing else to do here and leave?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 08:47 PM   #146
dsad1
Lieutenant Colonel
713
Rep
1,777
Posts

Drives: car
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Did you read that article? It covers a ton of stuff from problems to solutions and isnít just about the land border between us and Mexico, which funny only Trump and most Republicans are focused on.

Here is another tech advance from driverless cars that looks interesting.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/18/t...all-lidar.html

For some reason both parties love to use outdated expensive and obsolete tech. The Republicans are in love with their wall currently and Democrats love big expensive trains.

We have Silicon Valley etc and some of the leading tech firms in the world and this is the best we can do?
Your post was on a new page, didn't realize there was an article.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 08:48 PM   #147
******
Banned
United_States
2036
Rep
1,689
Posts

Drives: 2019 X5 Msport
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Greenville, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Grog type on computer thingy. He very sensitive. Can give, but can not take or cries in dark basement room.
Lol... your posts indicate the opposite... projection, you probably are too dumb to know what that means...status quo for you sensitive snowflakes... pretty funny...

You really are not as good at this as you think you are... and you really are coming across as desperate and damned near hysterical.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 08:49 PM   #148
minn19
Major General
minn19's Avatar
United_States
5772
Rep
6,393
Posts

Drives: 19 F150, 19 M550 19 ZL1 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
Your post was on a new page, didn't realize there was an article.
If you are truly curious just google border security tech and you will get a ton of stuff to read. It is actually pretty interesting from how the border patrol agents work with the tech and all of the problems they have to deal with. And the solutions they are coming up with.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 08:52 PM   #149
minn19
Major General
minn19's Avatar
United_States
5772
Rep
6,393
Posts

Drives: 19 F150, 19 M550 19 ZL1 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herdalum View Post
Lol... your posts indicate the opposite... projection, you probably are too dumb to know what that means...status quo for you sensitive snowflakes... pretty funny...

You really are not as good at this as you think you are...
Ah it was fun for a little bit, but you are not even interesting with your insults/banter. It is fun watching you get ass kicked in every ďdebateĒ you enter though. Thanks for that entertainment at least.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 08:55 PM   #150
******
Banned
United_States
2036
Rep
1,689
Posts

Drives: 2019 X5 Msport
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Greenville, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Ah it was fun for a little bit, but you are not even interesting with your insults/banter. It is fun watching you get ass kicked in every ďdebateĒ you enter though. Thanks for that entertainment at least.
Yeah, good move, quit while you are way way behind...first smart thing I’ve ever seen you do...lmao.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 08:55 PM   #151
dsad1
Lieutenant Colonel
713
Rep
1,777
Posts

Drives: car
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
If you are truly curious just google border security tech and you will get a ton of stuff to read. It is actually pretty interesting from how the border patrol agents work with the tech and all of the problems they have to deal with. And the solutions they are coming up with.
There is no doubt that technology is needed, but the wall could coincide with it. The Israel/Gaza wall/fence is as high tech as you can get, but it wouldn't work without the actual barrier.

Now that is apples to oranges because it is a much smaller border. But technology with some supplemental barriers in areas could be a great mix.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 09:20 PM   #152
minn19
Major General
minn19's Avatar
United_States
5772
Rep
6,393
Posts

Drives: 19 F150, 19 M550 19 ZL1 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
There is no doubt that technology is needed, but the wall could coincide with it. The Israel/Gaza wall/fence is as high tech as you can get, but it wouldn't work without the actual barrier.

Now that is apples to oranges because it is a much smaller border. But technology with some supplemental barriers in areas could be a great mix.
Yah, I don’t like the Israel example. Like you said it is considerably easier to protect a much smaller country like that than one the size of the US. But, I agree barriers do have their place, especially in very high population areas etc. The existing ones we have plus investing in tech and more agents etc is the way to go IMO. If there is a legit study that shows a physical barrier is truly necessary in a specific area, I’m not opposed to adding more either.

I also think those memes and Trump talking about people having walls around their houses is the silliest argument of all time. Those don’t work well either without tech or active security personal on the premises.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 09:37 PM   #153
******
Banned
United_States
2036
Rep
1,689
Posts

Drives: 2019 X5 Msport
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Greenville, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Yah, I don’t like the Israel example. Like you said it is considerably easier to protect a much smaller country like that than one the size of the US. But, I agree barriers do have their place, especially in very high population areas etc. The existing ones we have plus investing in tech and more agents etc is the way to go IMO. If there is a legit study that shows a physical barrier is truly necessary in a specific area, I’m not opposed to adding more either.

I also think those memes and Trump talking about people having walls around their houses is the silliest argument of all time. Those don’t work well either without tech or active security personal on the premises.
Lmao...deep thoughts by a pea brain...must be a real strain.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 10:15 PM   #154
xQx
General
Australia
857
Rep
1,001
Posts

Drives: 2008 BMW 135i (E88 N54 6AT)
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Sunshine Coast QLD Australia

iTrader: (0)

If we stop debating each other about the facts or opinions presented and start trading witty insults about each-others intelligence, political affiliations and ability to comprehend basic information I'm sure we'll enjoy a prematurely admin-closed thread.

My experience is very few people align perfectly with a democrat or republican agenda, and if you listen to people's reasoning you can find we're usually quite nuanced in our views.

I'm betting some people here who are "against a wall" are "all for a fence", or those who think "no wall is a more effective deterrent" actually don't mean that literally, they mean the money spent to make the wall would be far more effective spent on policing the border.
Appreciate 3
SakhirM49495.00
dsad1712.50

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:08 PM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST