BMW i8 Forums BMW i8 General Discussion

11-17-2019, 06:49 PM   #1
patsgarageonline
patsgarageonline.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

EDO Motorsport BMW i8 Side Skirts install

I purchased the EDO Motorsport BMW i8 Side Skirts / Side Splitters from Edo Popken and installed them on my BMW i8. These were Edo's prototype units and I was very happy to have the opportunity to purchase them and have them shipped to the US. The installation takes about 30-45 minutes per side and I love the way they look! I hope this installation video is helpful to those that are interested in these accessories.

I have a few updates to include since launching this video:

1. Please view pricing and purchasing information by viewing: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...28067340544673
or email Edo Motorsport at motorsport@edopopken.ch

2. Hardware (screws) will be included on the production parts ordered from Edo Motorsport

3. The angle you see in the side skirts is the Hofmeister Kink, reminiscent of the C-pillar in BMW's produced since the 1960's under the leadership of Chief Designer Wilhelm Hofmeister.

4. These side skirts are designed to accelerate the air entering them in order to create a ram air effect for the air intake system.

5. These side skirts were purchased by me, Pat Freeman, a private purchaser. This is not a paid promotion. I maintain independence from the designer and manufacturer and all opinions are mine. I decided to purchase these side skirts even though I typically do not purchase aftermarket accessories because of the design. They are aesthetically pleasing compared to other competitors. However, I also benefit from the lightweight all-carbon fiber design and the functionality of airflow. To me, the price I paid for these side skirts were worth it. And, that's coming from someone who typically never purchases aftermarket appearance parts.

Last edited by patsgarageonline; 11-18-2019 at 11:43 AM..
Appreciate 1
      11-18-2019, 06:59 AM   #2
Swiss tone
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Ionic silver I8

I agree, they do look right and a nice enhancement. I thought that there was nothing you could do to improve the looks but these might be the only thing!

It is very 'Lambo' styling to me.

Those do look very well amde and assume proper carbon fibre as lightweight. Someone could put those into production but need to be top quality and strong.

Bet they wern't cheap?

Last edited by Swiss tone; 11-20-2019 at 04:54 AM..
Appreciate 1
      11-18-2019, 11:33 AM   #3
patsgarageonline
patsgarageonline.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss tone View Post
I agree, they do look right and a nice enhancement. I tought that there was nothing you could do to improve the looks but these might be the only thing!

It is very 'Lambo' styling to me.

Those do look very well amde and assume proper carbon fibre as lightweight. Someone could put those into production but need to be top quality and strong.

Bet they wern't cheap?
I agree that this design stood out to me as something I truly wanted to have on my i8. The designer informed me that the Lambo styling we see is reminiscent of the Hofmeister Kink on the C-pillar of older BMW's and that it does have an aerodynamic effect of creating ram air for the intake system.

Please view pricing and purchasing information by viewing: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...28067340544673
or email Edo Motorsport at motorsport@edopopken.ch