BMW i
Forum for the BMW i3, i4 and i8
BMW i3 BMW i8
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

  BMW i Forums > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-12-2017, 04:28 PM   #23
Fundguy1
Major General
Fundguy1's Avatar
1979
Rep
8,340
Posts

Drives: 335 e93
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Orlando, fl

iTrader: (0)

I lost 65 lbs in 60 days. Won a weight loss competition at work vs 20 other guys. I did some exercise, but not a lot. It was mostly diet. 285 to 220. Still at 220 but been bouncing around 220-245. My goal now is 200 stable. Should be there in a month or so. 19 to go. And at the moment I do have abs. So this is to get shredded.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2017, 10:01 PM   #24
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
kprocivic's Avatar
772
Rep
1,575
Posts

Drives: ecoboost s to the t
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: 92346

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
I lost 65 lbs in 60 days. Won a weight loss competition at work vs 20 other guys. I did some exercise, but not a lot. It was mostly diet. 285 to 220. Still at 220 but been bouncing around 220-245. My goal now is 200 stable. Should be there in a month or so. 19 to go. And at the moment I do have abs. So this is to get shredded.
Damn. Bless your heart.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2017, 11:10 AM   #25
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
PoorLurker's Avatar
No_Country
1020
Rep
539
Posts

Drives: a bicycle
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Yes - one can be active and be fat.

If one looks at how many calories one consumes in a hard 1.5 hour workout one can see that it won't make up for a 22.5 hour sedentary life.

There were days that I went to the gym, worked out hard, did an hour of hard cardio, and for the sole reason that was all I did, I didn't burn as many calories as needed to keep my body in check or lose weight.

Therefore, one can be fat and still be "active"
Appreciate 1
Mr Tonka5842.00

      10-15-2017, 11:31 AM   #26
are0lies
Banned
United_States
4121
Rep
1,871
Posts

Drives: 2011 M3 E93
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Riverside

iTrader: (0)

Look closely! This is just obesity.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2017, 07:59 PM   #27
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
Mr Tonka's Avatar
United_States
5842
Rep
2,299
Posts

Drives: Something Italian
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sweatypeninsula

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorLurker View Post
Yes - one can be active and be fat.

If one looks at how many calories one consumes in a hard 1.5 hour workout one can see that it won't make up for a 22.5 hour sedentary life.

There were days that I went to the gym, worked out hard, did an hour of hard cardio, and for the sole reason that was all I did, I didn't burn as many calories as needed to keep my body in check or lose weight.

Therefore, one can be fat and still be "active"
I suppose i never really answered the OPs question and you are correct. One can be "fat" and active. Just go to an ironman event you're guaranteed to see a hand full of fat blokes who complete the 140.6 mile event within the time constraints. That takes a fair amount of training which means their fat asses are pretty active.
__________________
"There is no greater tyranny than that which is perpetrated under the shield of the law and in the name of justice. -Charles de Secondat"
http://www.m3post.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic59612_1.gif
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2017, 07:19 AM   #28
radiofrequency
Field Marshall
radiofrequency's Avatar
United_States
258
Rep
514
Posts

Drives: 2018 M4 ZCP
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Utah

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
You can NOT out exercise a bad diet.
This, if you performed a Meta Review of all of the clinical/scientific studies related to diet/exercise you will find this to be 100% true. In my reading, there is a very stark fact, elimination of all sugars, grains and dairy results in sustained and dramatic weight loss even in the absence of exercise. The Food Pyramid is totally false too, our sugar addiction is what is killing us, albeit it slowly and miserably. If anyone is interested in learning more, listen to the Podcast from Able James on iTunes - Fat Burning Man, it is a very legitimate discourse on how to conduct yourself from a standpoint of diet. In the end analysis, diets don't work, rather a sustained method of eating where you get optimal nutrition absent sugars, grains and dairy works best over the course of your life. I use Abel's Wild Diet, which is not really a diet, but rather a new way of eating/lifestyle. I've purchased an Instant Pot and also use the Vitamix Blender, I don't use supplements, it took several weeks to modify my purchasing habits with respect to groceries, but I feel great and have shed some stubborn fat quickly. My family protested at first, but I cook them some delicious meals, and they are over it now. PM me if you want the best Instant Pot Curry recipe.....

Last edited by radiofrequency; 10-16-2017 at 08:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2017, 10:22 AM   #29
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
7016
Rep
6,872
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by are0lies View Post
Look closely! This is just obesity.
I thought OP meant physically "Active" not sexually
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2017, 11:11 AM   #30
MrSmartyPants
First Lieutenant
264
Rep
390
Posts

Drives: F80 M3 - 6MT_MW on SO
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: CT

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiofrequency View Post
This, if you performed a Meta Review of all of the clinical/scientific studies related to diet/exercise you will find this to be 100% true. In my reading, there is a very stark fact, elimination of all sugars, grains and dairy results in sustained and dramatic weight loss even in the absence of exercise. The Food Pyramid is totally false too, our sugar addiction is what is killing us, albeit it slowly and miserably. If anyone is interested in learning more, listen to the Podcast from Able James on iTunes - Fat Burning Man, it is a very legitimate discourse on how to conduct yourself from a standpoint of diet. In the end analysis, diets don't work, rather a sustained method of eating where you get optimal nutrition absent sugars, grains and dairy works best over the course of your life. I use Abel's Wild Diet, which is not really a diet, but rather a new way of eating/lifestyle. I've purchased an Instant Pot and also use the Vitamix Blender, I don't use supplements, it took several weeks to modify my purchasing habits with respect to groceries, but I feel great and have shed some stubborn fat quickly. My family protested at first, but I cook them some delicious meals, and they are over it now. PM me if you want the best Instant Pot Curry recipe.....
Very true. Our food system is FUBAR too. All of the affordable food is total rubbish. It's also very calorie dense and nutrient deficient. Where as the foods you should be eating are the opposite.
Appreciate 1
      10-16-2017, 05:48 PM   #31
radiofrequency
Field Marshall
radiofrequency's Avatar
United_States
258
Rep
514
Posts

Drives: 2018 M4 ZCP
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Utah

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmartyPants View Post
Very true. Our food system is FUBAR too. All of the affordable food is total rubbish. It's also very calorie dense and nutrient deficient. Where as the foods you should be eating are the opposite.
Good point, agreed! Don't even get me started, when you realize that the Food Pyramid was originally created by all of those lovely "Lobbyists" and then thrust upon us by the Govt, you can understand why certain crops/foodstuffs are subsidized, especially sugar, corn and dairy. The trick is to stay on the outer edges of the grocery store, most everything in the aisles is pure shit, packaged, processed and full of hydrogenated vegetable oil, and/or sugar. What's interesting, on the Wild Diet, is that I eat delicious food. Sticking to the rule of no dairy, grains and sugars, allows me to eat a lot of stuff that is not considered healthy, if you get your news from the media..... For example, I eat eggs everyday, and bacon, most days. I eat meat, fish and chicken. I miss rice, a lot, as I was a fan of the more exotic rices. I have substituted cauliflower rice (Trader Joe's) for rice, and spaghetti squash, instead of pasta, and so on. It's really a way of life as opposed to a "diet" in the traditional sense. I really missed my high carb "rehydrating" drinks on bike rides (I am a cyclist), but once I learned just what was in those drinks and how bad they really are for you, water tastes amazingly great. Instead of "diet soda", which is actually just poison in another form, I use a Soda Stream to carbonate filtered water, and throw in some berries and/or lemon to flavor it. The Green Smoothie is something you can get used to and actually learn to like - I use Kimberley Snyder's recipe, she has some epic smoothie recipes which go along with the Wild Diet - Google her.

Last edited by radiofrequency; 10-16-2017 at 05:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2017, 07:59 PM   #32
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
7016
Rep
6,872
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

My dog never liked the "wild" diet I tried to feed her, why would I care to follow???

I'm ACTIVELY wolfing down a Junior Bacon Cheeseburger Giant meal as we speak. I think I heard an artery groan. Maybe it was just my belt though.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2017, 08:10 PM   #33
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
8161
Rep
21,398
Posts

Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

I try to be
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2017, 10:06 AM   #34
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
7016
Rep
6,872
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
I try to be
Both?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2017, 11:11 AM   #35
xander_g
Captain
xander_g's Avatar
Canada
664
Rep
911
Posts

Drives: E92/F10
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2014 BMW 535xi  [0.00]
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RABAUKE View Post
I am both, dammit!
join the club
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2017, 11:51 AM   #36
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
8161
Rep
21,398
Posts

Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Both?
Sure!
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2017, 07:35 AM   #37
smoosh
fight me bro
smoosh's Avatar
2176
Rep
531
Posts

Drives: slut whisperer
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Running away from an ocean vagina

iTrader: (0)

Although a lot of factors will determine whether you hold body fat or not, including cortisone levels, overall metabolic rate, blood glucose levels, etc., one factor sticks out more than the rest: calories in vs. calories out. If you simply consume less calories than you burn or you consume sufficient calories to maintain your body weight, it is impossible to gain body fat (assuming all other levels are normal). Can't produce more than you take in, simple as that. You can be as active as you want, if you consume more than you burn off, you will store body fat.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2017, 08:09 AM   #38
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
8161
Rep
21,398
Posts

Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Ah math, where McDonald's my head hurts
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2017, 08:20 AM   #39
smoosh
fight me bro
smoosh's Avatar
2176
Rep
531
Posts

Drives: slut whisperer
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Running away from an ocean vagina

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Ah math, where McDonald's my head hurts
don't be silly moddy, we all know you bro out and eat chicken and rice all day long
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2017, 09:42 AM   #40
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
8161
Rep
21,398
Posts

Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Pizza aND burritos more like it. Did cut booze for month. Today is day 4
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2017, 11:14 AM   #41
Towerworld
Private
27
Rep
94
Posts

Drives: R
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kprocivic View Post
Im very curious on this because I don't think you can.
You can out-eat an hour of hardcore excercise with a single donut, many people are active as in they regularly exercise but lose nothing because of bad dietary habits.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2017, 11:33 AM   #42
bimmer456
Brigadier General
1514
Rep
4,408
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Pasadena, CA

iTrader: (0)

I've seen some fat people claiming to be active, but they aren't very good at cleaning up after themselves so I question how active they really are, or how they define active. If you can't be bothered to tidy up and clean up your clutter then you're not very active, are you?
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2017, 11:36 AM   #43
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
Mr Tonka's Avatar
United_States
5842
Rep
2,299
Posts

Drives: Something Italian
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sweatypeninsula

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towerworld View Post
You can out-eat an hour of hardcore excercise with a single donut, many people are active as in they regularly exercise but lose nothing because of bad dietary habits.
Ahh, the dreaded office donut. Conspirator against many a good intentions.
__________________
"There is no greater tyranny than that which is perpetrated under the shield of the law and in the name of justice. -Charles de Secondat"
http://www.m3post.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic59612_1.gif
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2017, 01:28 PM   #44
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
7016
Rep
6,872
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Donuts???

I'll activate for that!!!!!
Appreciate 1
Mr Tonka5842.00

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:33 AM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST