BMW iX Forums BMW iX Discussions

12-19-2021, 02:00 PM   #1
NavyDocDC
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: E84 35i M Sport

Extended Traffic Jam Assist? (5AR)

In the US configurator site, Active Driving Assistant Pro is available as an option, but not the Extended Traffic Jam Assist (usually part of DAPP). Has anyone else noticed this? It's not a huge deal, but I'm wondering why? It's available on i4...
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2021, 12:46 PM   #2
thereef510
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 X5 35i, '20 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyDocDC View Post
In the US configurator site, Active Driving Assistant Pro is available as an option, but not the Extended Traffic Jam Assist (usually part of DAPP). Has anyone else noticed this? It's not a huge deal, but I'm wondering why? It's available on i4...
ETJA is my most used feature on my g05. I was seriously considering putting in a pre-order for the iX but if it doesn't have this, count me out.
Appreciate 2
      12-22-2021, 01:39 PM   #3
ggalanis
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX 50, 1989 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereef510 View Post
ETJA is my most used feature on my g05. I was seriously considering putting in a pre-order for the iX but if it doesn't have this, count me out.
When I read through the user manual posted in this forum I remember reading it and noticed that it was not called ETJA but rather "Assisted Driving Plus" see p243 of the user manual.

I don't remember it being mentioned explicitly anywhere on the Canadian site and I didn't see it on the US site either when taking a quick look there. I wouldn't be surprised if they just didn't think to list it as being in the "Driving Assistant Professional"(Canada)/"Active Driving Assistant Pro" (US) option.

If it is super important for you, make sure to have your salesman verify that it is indeed available and make it clear that it is a must have for you.
Appreciate 2
      12-23-2021, 10:30 AM   #4
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggalanis View Post
When I read through the user manual posted in this forum I remember reading it and noticed that it was not called ETJA but rather "Assisted Driving Plus" see p243 of the user manual.

I don't remember it being mentioned explicitly anywhere on the Canadian site and I didn't see it on the US site either when taking a quick look there. I wouldn't be surprised if they just didn't think to list it as being in the "Driving Assistant Professional"(Canada)/"Active Driving Assistant Pro" (US) option.

If it is super important for you, make sure to have your salesman verify that it is indeed available and make it clear that it is a must have for you.
Agree BUT I would do it in writing. I like to use email. That gives me the response back in writing and if it turns out not to be true, I can document the exchange.
Appreciate 1
      01-18-2022, 07:07 PM   #5
LittleJoe
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 EQS 580 SUV

Appreciate 1
      01-19-2022, 08:57 AM   #6
websterize
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 i3 Sport BEV

^ Extraordinary, especially when the DAP makes that ~90-degree right turn.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 05:10 PM   #7
nosnoop
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 5 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJoe View Post
BMW iX: traffic jam & highway assist. Driving Assistant Professional real-life test review autopilot
Supposedly, iX will be the first BMW to have Level 3 Autonomy Driving, pending approval and certification sometime this year.
It has all the hardware in place, probably including Lidar from Innoviz, as Innoviz posted this article in their facebook site.
https://www.bmwblog.com/2021/06/22/l...e-on-highways/

I still can't figure out how Tesla got away with beta testing its "FSD" with the public with no restrictions when it is no where close to ready (and sometimes downright dangerous to be used in public road).
Appreciate 2
volodp193.50
Ceph29955.50
      01-30-2022, 10:19 AM   #8
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50, DGM

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJoe View Post
That appears to be Europe (km/h, traffic signs), so I suppose the question still stands - ETJA in the US?
Appreciate 0