Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 i3 REX

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK.Gone.Driving View Post
Am I the only one feeling sentimental about gasoline cars going extinct? 😭
I’m sure people felt the same way about steam engines.
Oh and the horses
Appreciate 1
AlexFL7835.00
      01-10-2022, 08:50 PM   #68
motex
2020 Mineral White 30d MSport
Costa Rica
Rep
Drives: 2020 Mineral White 30d MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sward View Post
Today I took delivery of a BMW iX. But not the one I thought, there are some big changes

Two days ago I got a call from another dealar in Stockholm Sweden. I was there about 5 weeks ago trying to buy their showroom iX xDrive 50. I got a hard no. They called me two days ago to ask me if I still wanted to buy their iX xDrive 50. Yes, I wanted that very much. So, I have had a couple of days canceling my iX xDrive 40 and getting new financing done. At 16:45 today everything fell into place and my wife drove me to the dealer so I could collect the car at 17:45, only 15 minutes before they would close for the year.

They think this is the first customer sold car in Scandinavia. There are only 6 registered iX xDrive 50 in Sweden and that includes press cars and showroom cars so it is pretty safe to say that I got the first one. There are about 110 iX xDrive 40.

It is a loaded, black exterior and black interior. It has everything you can option out the car with. There are no more options available.

I'm still positive for Covid-19 so we did an outdoor delivery in the dark cold rain with masks on. Sorry for the bad photos

The drive home was about an hour. The ride is super smooth. And it is so quiet. ID8 is super. But there are some basic differences between the iX and my X5MC. Automatic high beam. It's always on and if I want to turn it off, I must go deep into iDrive. I can't adjust the distance to the car in front of me, its automatic. I can't turn on massage seats in an easy way. Nowhere to press but I have to read mote about this. There are cameras in the cabin that I can watch from the app. The sound system is superior the one I got in my X5MC. The 8 shortcut buttons are gone but you can still crate shortcuts that are available when pushing iDrive forward
Did you know, the Harman Kardon stereo system comes with a built in demo sound music that is just maybe the most incredible audio experience I have ever heard in a car
      01-11-2022, 12:47 AM   #69
patbrass
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 LBB, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by motex View Post
Did you know, the Harman Kardon stereo system comes with a built in demo sound music that is just maybe the most incredible audio experience I have ever heard in a car
The Harmon Kardon or the optional Bowers and Wilkins one?
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2022, 06:45 AM   #70
motex
Costa Rica
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by patbrass View Post
Quote:
The Harmon Kardon or the optional Bowers and Wilkins one?
Harman Kardon for sure
      01-13-2022, 11:42 AM   #71
NordicX3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW iX 40

Quote:
Harman Kardon for sure
Curious about this. Where in the menus you can find this as I could not directly find it although I have the HK system in my iX? Would be nice to test that! 😊
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 01:46 PM   #72
motex
Costa Rica
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NordicX3 View Post
Quote:
Harman Kardon for sure
Curious about this. Where in the menus you can find this as I could not directly find it although I have the HK system in my iX? Would be nice to test that! 😊
Just called my friend at the dealership, you must look into the Sound Settings and look for something like "experimental sound"

Hope you can find it
      01-13-2022, 07:29 PM   #73
bpu
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahlem View Post
For me its about the same with the temperature when i bought my i3s it was pre set on 20c i set it to 21c and left it there even though i have physical buttons i only use one and this physical button is present on the i4 its the max window defroster due to the windows clogging up when driving out of a warm garage in to the cold air.

I have noticed two things around march/april the car more or less cools it self during the day when the temperatures are a bit higher and the sun heats the car but during the morning hours when i drive to work around 04.00 in the morning its still cold then it heats the car perfectly. When autumn arrives that's the only time i have noticed the car struggle a little bit with heat settings.

Other then that i haven't touched my temperature control sense i bought the car it seems to handle it perfectly for me. Then again i can only speak for my self i know when my wife is in the car she always put on the bum heating so but she is cold when its 20c outside and warm when its -20c outside.

So i guess we are all different in that way.
Interesting. Unless it's mild out I usually need to adjust temp, fan, or seat heat a notch or two, especially at beginning of trip and then adjusting later. Really don't want that to require 3-4 taps on a screen instead of one button press.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosnoop View Post
Very true.
And I am sure BMW has metrics and logs analyzing how frequent certain buttons were used by drivers in all their past models.
They may or may not, but we all know this is driven by trend right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sward View Post
Temperature for driver and passenger is always visible at the bottom of the screen
Yes, I'm talking about all the controls. Mercedes and Audi both keep them persistently visible. Only BMW has chosen to hide all of them behind a menu, and bizarrely not even all fitting on the screen at once despite its huge size.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2022, 06:18 AM   #74
NordicX3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW iX 40

Quote:
Just called my friend at the dealership, you must look into the Sound Settings and look for something like "experimental sound"

Hope you can find it
Found it, thanks a lot!

I think it was a cool gimmick although rather short. The sound is very good but that you will also experience when listening to normal music. I think the HK system, which is relatively cheap optional extra in Sweden is definitively worth the money, and then some. For me it would be hard to justify the B&W system. I’m however not a hifi-nerd or heard the B&W live so maybe it is worth the money if you are more interested in that kind of stuff.

But even though you are not that hifi-interested, it is totally different experience when you have a quiet EV/PHEV with no vibrations and a good sound system.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2022, 08:31 AM   #75
motex
Costa Rica
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NordicX3 View Post
Found it, thanks a lot!

I think it was a cool gimmick although rather short. The sound is very good but that you will also experience when listening to normal music. I think the HK system, which is relatively cheap optional extra in Sweden is definitively worth the money, and then some. For me it would be hard to justify the B&W system. I’m however not a hifi-nerd or heard the B&W live so maybe it is worth the money if you are more interested in that kind of stuff.

But even though you are not that hifi-interested, it is totally different experience when you have a quiet EV/PHEV with no vibrations and a good sound system.
Good you found it, for me HK is the way to go, I have it on my actual X5 and had it on almost all my previuos cars too, is a great value as you mention for the value, cheers and have a good weekend