Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayerische Motoren Werke View Post
oo tough one
it's sadly "important" to portray the good life on instagram, but i completely get why normal people don't post pics with their friends online for everyone to see

id say don't do it, it adds a sense of "mystery". or if you do, literally pay for followers (theyre cheap), make your account private, follow maybe like 100 of the suggested ones and post useless stuff. if you have a high post count and high follower count but a low following count girls see that as you being a high value man (fuck if i know why) so it might help you then

but unless you follow that route i'd say no, the only reason i have one is for car and watch pages and occasionally posting a pic with my boys
I don't like drawing attention to myself. I'd prob post the occasional pic with the boys and a vacation/car show shot here and there.

At the end of the day IG is just a tool. Most people misuse this tool and become completely absorbed with it. You don't have to be like one of them. It's easier said than done, but that's the truth.
Appreciate 1
      01-29-2019, 03:23 PM   #3060
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
On the contrary, I rather see a guy who isn't too active or popular on IG actually.
I feel similarly. It's one thing to post occasionally, but when it turns into constant self promotion its a big turn off.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 07:52 PM   #3061
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Quote:
On the contrary, I rather see a guy who isn't too active or popular on IG actually.
I feel similarly. It's one thing to post occasionally, but when it turns into constant self promotion its a big turn off.
Oh. But what if that self-promotion means free car parts? Is that an exception?
Appreciate 1
      01-29-2019, 07:56 PM   #3062
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Pshh I'd whore myself out for free car parts.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 1
bimmette6452.50
      01-29-2019, 07:58 PM   #3063
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Pshh I'd whore myself out for free car parts.
I'll teach you.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 08:34 PM   #3064
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
If I could be gifted said parts I'd make an exception. : )
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 08:35 PM   #3065
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
If I could be taught how to install said parts I'd make an exception.
I know someone who makes DIY install videos so simple to follow that even a girl could do it!
Appreciate 1
      01-30-2019, 12:19 AM   #3066
WeekendWarriorz
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by aozer View Post
Quote:
So help me out here...

I've resisted Instagram all these years but am thinking of caving in since it makes a lot of girls more "accessible." Meaning you can DM or a lot of girls are more comfortable sharing IG handles than phone numbers. Anybody have an opinion on this?

IG launched when I was in college but I never made the switch to it, reason being because I hate what IG "represents." Attention seeking, shallow/vapid behavior, needless self promotion, etc. but I've reached a point where I feel like its hurting me more by not having it!
dont do it, shit is stupid. i dont have an IG and i never will.

i love when i match with a girl on tinder or bumble and when the conversation progresses and they ask for my instagram and they get all weirded out when i tell them i dont have one. it makes it easy to weed out the shitty people who prioritize creating an image over sharing real experiences.
General rule of thumb, always good to see a girls Instagram because that's the image they try to portray of themselves. If they're trying to be "trendy", every other picture is with their arms wrapped around another guy, and they have a huge following/ post ass/bikini pics can usually tell if they're a whore or a housewife
2021 M2 Competition DCT Hockenheim Silver
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9698.00
      01-30-2019, 12:37 AM   #3067
someguywithanm3
Private
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Solid idea. Report back.
Hung out for a little bit on Sunday morning to go grocery shopping. I noticed she did her makeup and wore perfume. I went to a friend's party a few hours later and she insisted I come back after the party to hang out because she was making food.

We also hung out on Monday after work (strictly as friends, like she wanted). We didn't talk all day today then I get a message a few minutes ago asking if I was asleep. I asked if she needed something and she said sorry, goodnight and that I didn't understand. I asked her to help me understand and no reply...

Hmmm. I'm too old for this stuff. Now it's past my bedtime.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 12:41 AM   #3068
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendWarriorz View Post
General rule of thumb, always good to see a girls Instagram because that's the image they try to portray of themselves. If they're trying to be "trendy", every other picture is with their arms wrapped around another guy, and they have a huge following/ post ass/bikini pics can usually tell if they're a whore or a housewife
you literally described many girls i know from school, gg

a few days ago i went to the coffee shop because my friends work there = free coffee and a nice environment to get some work done, this seemingly meek girl was eye fucking me the whole time... you can never know

we're reaching "i dont trust these hoes so i ride my own dick" levels VERY quick boys
Appreciate 1
      01-30-2019, 03:06 AM   #3069
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Quote:
In my opinion, I like to see a guy have an Instagram account. It makes him more "legitimate", especially if it gives his real name. I am more likely to contact someone through Instagram than a dating site.
My question: Had you stopped to look around to men in person around you? If you met one and have any background because not checkable via social network...would you refuse a meet/date?

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 03:08 AM   #3070
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
Quote:
In my opinion, I like to see a guy have an Instagram account. It makes him more "legitimate", especially if it gives his real name. I am more likely to contact someone through Instagram than a dating site.
My question: Had you stopped to look around to men in person around you? If you met one and have any background because not checkable via social network...would you refuse a meet/date?
No I don't meet real people. I live in my cave.
Appreciate 2
      01-30-2019, 03:10 AM   #3071
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

This was a serious question. You as a person who shared youtube and IGs met a person who dont care about both and done neither of it. Would this affect your interest?

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 07:48 AM   #3072
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by someguywithanm3 View Post
Hung out for a little bit on Sunday morning to go grocery shopping. I noticed she did her makeup and wore perfume. I went to a friend's party a few hours later and she insisted I come back after the party to hang out because she was making food.

We also hung out on Monday after work (strictly as friends, like she wanted). We didn't talk all day today then I get a message a few minutes ago asking if I was asleep. I asked if she needed something and she said sorry, goodnight and that I didn't understand. I asked her to help me understand and no reply...

She's into you man. It's very obvious. Where you messed up here is asking her if she needed something when she texted you. The reasoning behind her response of "Sorry, goodnight" is that her feelings were hurt in the crass response of asking if she needed something. A simple "yes" would have yielded a much different reply from her.

Women don't go grocery shopping with someone who is just a friend. I have several female friends that I am close with. I have never gone grocery shopping with any of them. If a woman takes the time to put on make up and perfume to be around you, this is a clear indication that their appearance to you matters. If she insisted that you come see her after said party because she made food, this means that she made the food for you as an means of getting you to be there.

My man, you need to be proactive here. Stroke her ego. Let her know how you feel. Try a simple text message of "Just thinking of you" randomly; you'd be amazed at how simple gestures work to your benefit. I can't help but feel that you are letting something, most only fantasize about, slip through your fingers due to not knowing how to handle the situation.

I can honestly picture her in my mind talking about you to her friends having the discussion of what else can she do to get you to notice her. I get messages from women complaining about the men that they are interested in not paying attention or acting as if they are not interested quite a bit. She's going out of her way here, pay attention and act accordingly....that is if this is what you want.

If this is something that you truly want to explore with her and make the genuine effort with but need help with how to handle it, by all means ask for advice. I'll be happy to point you in the right direction. Post here or feel free to PM me.
Appreciate 6
bimmette6452.50
nyalpine907423.50
MKSixer34173.50
      01-30-2019, 09:11 AM   #3073
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

ok so I know you guys are dying to know what is going on with my social life, i've been dating a woman for a couple of weeks and we really hit it off. she invited me over to her place for dinner last night and i brought a bottle of wine, yada yada yada i'm really tired and a little sore today, bonus: i have left over chicken enchiladas for lunch today.
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13154.00
MKSixer34173.50
      01-30-2019, 09:38 AM   #3074
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
ok so I know you guys are dying to know what is going on with my social life, i've been dating a woman for a couple of weeks and we really hit it off. she invited me over to her place for dinner last night and i brought a bottle of wine, yada yada yada i'm really tired and a little sore today, bonus: i have left over chicken enchiladas for lunch today.
Hope you gave her the full enchilada too!

Ok - how weirdly does she spell her name - spill!
Appreciate 4
King Rudi13154.00
upstatedoc7555.50
MKSixer34173.50
      01-30-2019, 09:45 AM   #3075
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
This was a serious question. You as a person who shared youtube and IGs met a person who dont care about both and done neither of it. Would this affect your interest?
Nope
Appreciate 1
Dang3r12508.50
      01-30-2019, 10:25 AM   #3076
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Quote:

She's into you man. It's very obvious. Where you messed up here is asking her if she needed something when she texted you. The reasoning behind her response of "Sorry, goodnight" is that her feelings were hurt in the crass response of asking if she needed something. A simple "yes" would have yielded a much different reply from her.

Women don't go grocery shopping with someone who is just a friend. I have several female friends that I am close with. I have never gone grocery shopping with any of them. If a woman takes the time to put on make up and perfume to be around you, this is a clear indication that their appearance to you matters. If she insisted that you come see her after said party because she made food, this means that she made the food for you as an means of getting you to be there.

My man, you need to be proactive here. Stroke her ego. Let her know how you feel. Try a simple text message of "Just thinking of you" randomly; you'd be amazed at how simple gestures work to your benefit. I can't help but feel that you are letting something, most only fantasize about, slip through your fingers due to not knowing how to handle the situation.

I can honestly picture her in my mind talking about you to her friends having the discussion of what else can she do to get you to notice her. I get messages from women complaining about the men that they are interested in not paying attention or acting as if they are not interested quite a bit. She's going out of her way here, pay attention and act accordingly....that is if this is what you want.

If this is something that you truly want to explore with her and make the genuine effort with but need help with how to handle it, by all means ask for advice. I'll be happy to point you in the right direction. Post here or feel free to PM me.
THIS is the content i come here for
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13154.00
nyalpine907423.50
MKSixer34173.50
      01-30-2019, 10:32 AM   #3077
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

bimmette I feel that you are your own worst enemy when it comes to dating. I may be wrong but I feel like you have created your own demon here.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 10:38 AM   #3078
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post
Ok - how weirdly does she spell her name - spill!
not tellin
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 12:14 PM   #3079
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
I get a message a few minutes ago asking if I was asleep. I asked if she needed something and she said sorry, goodnight and that I didn't understand. I asked her to help me understand and no reply...

I'm pretty sure I'm much older, and in a mono relationship of 20+ years, but even *I* know the correct answer to this one: "No, I can't sleep, thinking of you"

SMH
#WHIPPERSNAPPERS
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13154.00
MKSixer34173.50
      01-30-2019, 12:42 PM   #3080
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 Msport

I just had a flashback to when I was a naive high school kid and this girl I had just started dating told me “I want you”... huh? Was my clueless reply. What do you mean? “I want you to make love to me”? Huh? This wasn’t the language my buddies and I had ever used or heard of, our sexual experience being limited to looking at little f*** books. Anyway, this phone call story reminded me of that.
Appreciate 2