BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW i8 Forums BMW i8 General Discussion

04-29-2023, 10:09 AM   #1
SirWinstrol
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW i8 Roadster 2018

Low coolant warning

Own a 2018 i8 Roadster, had the coolant warning come on last year, popped up again after driving around 4000 miles.

Obviously the levels seem normal. Should I just ignore the messages or get sensors checked/replaced just in case?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2023, 07:35 AM   #2
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

For sure get it checked out. There are a number of potential issues w coolant system. Do not attempt to add fluid yourself. And I advise against opening the hood/bonnet by yourself.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2023, 09:57 AM   #3
ChiTownM
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M and i BMWs

I had it come up for the first time on my 2014 i8 that I am the original owner of - given all the issues I took it to the dealer to get it checked out and they indicated that everything was working as it should and topped it off. It has been running well ever since.

As a precaution i have done all servicing at the dealer where I bought the car from originally - therefore have a full service history in case of any larger issues.

Love the car, not happy about the 3G issue and some of the maintenance issues that are creeping up. Plus BMW flooded the market with their HALO car…..diluted their i brand for us owners.
Appreciate 0