BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW i3 Forums BMW i3 General Discussion

09-02-2023, 04:00 AM   #1
TheBigElectricityGuy
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 2016

Media playback vs. "Connections" menu?

My apologies if this is obvious or answered elsewhere. I have a feeling I'm not describing it properly which doesn't help. Whenever I get into my car and start driving, the Bluetooth connects and starts playing music (what I want).

The problem is that usually, the head unit displays this "Connections" screen, so I have to select my phone, even though music is already playing from it:

Other times, it goes straight to the media playback screen (what I want it to do all the time):

As far as I can tell, it's random - I've never been able to figure out why sometimes it goes straight to the playback screen.

Is there a way to force it to always just go straight to the playback screen instead of the "selection" menu? Is this in the settings/manual somewhere and I'm just not finding it? I recently acquired an ODB adapter and did take a look through the "non-expert" options in Bimmercode but nothing seemed to be related to this.

P.S. Sorry for the giant photos; not sure how to set a smaller size...

Last edited by TheBigElectricityGuy; 09-02-2023 at 04:02 AM.. Reason: Adding additional details
Appreciate 0