Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW i3 Forums BMW i3 General Discussion

12-23-2023, 09:33 PM   #1
jas00x
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 228i M-sport

Passenger seat occupancy sensor replacement

Hey, I'm going through the process of replacing my passenger seat occupancy sensor in my 2014 i3. Was getting the airbag warning lights with the pop-up every time I started the car, and also getting and intermittent seat belt chime warnings even if there wasn't a passenger or if the seatbelt was plugged in. After clearing codes, the seat occupancy mat has been the persistent code. So I bought the replacement sensor- it's embedded in the cushion assembly- so it's kind of a pain to replace. With the new sensor in, now the computer needs to be recoded to recognize it (that part I didn't realize when I started this). So just now diving into ISTA+ and should be trying to recode it next week when I get my cable. So I might be asking for help since I'm a total noob at the coding stuff. I'm familiar with Bimmerlink and Bimmercode- but they can't activate the new seat sensor.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2023, 04:37 PM   #2
jas00x
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 228i M-sport

Just wanted to follow up that I was able to activate the new sensor using ISTA+. It was actually pretty straightforward. So all together the part was $615 shipped and I had to buy the ENET cable for $30. Not sure how much the dealer would have charged to replace it, but I know their price for the cushion/sensor was over $700 for the part alone. For reference the part number is: 52-10-7-392-874 2014-2020 BMW Seat Cushion Pad
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615280.00