Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

09-22-2023, 10:29 AM   #89
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
True . But Kelly was not poor . And her dad Nelson Piquet is a triple F1 World Champion .
I think daddy Piquet is good for 200 million+ (he invested wisely, he has (amongst others) a huge drivetrain engineering company), so money is no object for Kelly Piquet. She didn't score Max for his money.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 09-22-2023 at 10:34 AM..
Appreciate 3
Mr Pete1596.50
M5Rick60060.50
      09-22-2023, 10:43 AM   #90
Mr Pete
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3 4.1, Golf R (daily)

Oh wow I didn’t know that about Nelson Piquet. Good job Max haha
Appreciate 3
GuidoK10855.00
M5Rick60060.50
      09-22-2023, 10:46 AM   #91
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep
Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by lens View Post
If people want to blame who made Max how he is now, it's Mercedes and Hamilton.

2021 was one of the most difficult and hardcore championship battle ever, where one mistake could cost you the championship, it made Max come under pressure ever single race where he had to give 110% to beat Hamilton.

After that season, Max evolved into someone who had gone through most likely the absolute worst stress and walked away with a win and championship.

Which is why if anyone were to challenge him in 2024 and beyond, he would be stress free, pressure free as all he wanted was a championship, and he got it. Now he just drives for fun, and as you can see with the rest of the field, not many drivers can drive with that much pressure. RUS flew into a wall in Singapore, Charles in 2022 crashed in some races on his own, Perez falling apart after Miami, binning his car at Monaco.
I agree with you. We should add Ham to the list at the end of your post. It wasn't until 2021 when there was actual competition (driving at the front for years with a 2 second gap per lap never saw any pressure there) that we saw how he truly is under pressure. He makes mistakes and he is very much NOT a good wheel to wheel racer. We have seen this countless times and even most recently with Pia at Monza - totally a rookie move.

Max has no pressure since winning that tight battle in 2021 which MB were willing to crash out opponent to try to win. On top of that, his level of ability and race craft is only getting better. We saw a new high with how patient he was at Monza and forced Sai to break later and later causing him to eventually lock up and then seized the moment and never relinquieshed.
Appreciate 4
Mr Pete1596.50
GuidoK10855.00
M5Rick60060.50
      09-22-2023, 10:51 AM   #92
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
I think daddy Piquet is good for 200 million+ (he invested wisely, he has (amongst others) a huge drivetrain engineering company), so money is no object for Kelly Piquet. She didn't score Max for his money.
Indeed . As we know , MAX is the owner of an apartment in Monaco .
But MAX and Kelly bought together a second bigger apartment with sea-dream sight ..
It was each $11 Million . Best investment ever . Worth gold in Monaco !
When dreams come true ..

MAX is very shy by nature . It was Kelly , she completely woke him up

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
Mr Pete1596.50
GuidoK10855.00
M5Rick60060.50
      09-22-2023, 10:52 AM   #93
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pete View Post
Hence my comment about you not knowing much about racing, let alone Motorsports or any skill based sport. Pound for pound, skill for skill, Max will go down as one of the greatest ever. His ability to navigate a rocket around a track, how he sees the track, the lines he takes (nobody goes at the limit and beyond like Max does without crashing), his ability to drive in the rain, the way he manages a race, he’s one of the best. If he stopped racing in F1 after this season, I would still say he’s top 5 in history.

It’s not about wins, championships. It’s about SKILL. Max will go down as one of the best racers. Ask any past or current professional driver in any of the major Motorsports disciplines, majority will all agree.
Max is garbage and has taken 7 years to "develop" into a "champion" after being selected for the win in 2021 and having a faster car in 2022/2023.
For people who say it wasn't the car - did Perez suddenly become the second best driver in F1 after 13 years LOL?

Redbull's colors are appropriate for the clown show narrative they are running.
      09-22-2023, 11:05 AM   #94
Mr Pete
Major
No_Country
Rep

Perez isn’t the 2nd best driver by a long shot. Not even close. It’s laughable how horribly inconsistent Perez is, given the car he has. Your comment shows your emotionally charged disdain for the most successful F1 team for the 2023 season, zero objectivity and logic.

Your responses are appreciated, but so far removed from reality.

Happy Friday.
Appreciate 4
GuidoK10855.00
M5Rick60060.50
      09-22-2023, 11:09 AM   #95
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Oh wow I didn’t know that about Nelson Piquet. Good job Max haha
MAX makes tons of money , while he sleeps => https://www.verstappen.com/collectio...icial-teamline

When I find time , I will visit the MAX Verstappen shop and I'll buy some new gear.

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
Mr Pete1596.50
GuidoK10855.00
M5Rick60060.50
      09-22-2023, 11:09 AM   #96
Mr Pete
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lens View Post
If people want to blame who made Max how he is now, it's Mercedes and Hamilton.

2021 was one of the most difficult and hardcore championship battle ever, where one mistake could cost you the championship, it made Max come under pressure ever single race where he had to give 110% to beat Hamilton.

After that season, Max evolved into someone who had gone through most likely the absolute worst stress and walked away with a win and championship.

Which is why if anyone were to challenge him in 2024 and beyond, he would be stress free, pressure free as all he wanted was a championship, and he got it. Now he just drives for fun, and as you can see with the rest of the field, not many drivers can drive with that much pressure. RUS flew into a wall in Singapore, Charles in 2022 crashed in some races on his own, Perez falling apart after Miami, binning his car at Monaco.
This is good insight. I’m a strong believer in overcoming difficult experiences and hardships, and how that propels an individual to success and increased mental strength. 2021 was a motherf’er of a season for Max, and probably Lewis as well.
Appreciate 4
GuidoK10855.00
M5Rick60060.50
      09-22-2023, 11:11 AM   #97
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Perez isn’t the 2nd best driver by a long shot. Not even close. It’s laughable how horribly inconsistent Perez is, given the car he has. Your comment shows your emotionally charged disdain for the most successful F1 team for the 2023 season, zero objectivity and logic.

Happy Friday.
But he's literally 2nd in points for the season, 3rd last season. Is he suddenly better than not only Lewis, but also ALO as well? Wow - such skill.

LOL going from barely average to 2nd place in points
https://racingnews365.com/formula-1-standings-2023

"It's not the car!"
      09-22-2023, 11:13 AM   #98
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep

Quote:

Happy Friday.
Yea, I mean Ham gets a championship only by default of the guy who rightfully should have won because blatant cheating went on, and then for the next what 6 years did NOTHING until MB gave him a car that was so fast, even a below average driver like Ros beat him in a WDC. If Ham actually had a decent teammate for those years, he'd have maybe 3 WDCs if he was lucky. If he had an elite teammate like Max, he'd probably still only have the 1 which, truly belongs to Massa.
Appreciate 4
GuidoK10855.00
Mr Pete1596.50
M5Rick60060.50
      09-22-2023, 11:16 AM   #99
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelToeShift View Post
Yea, I mean Ham gets a championship only by default of the guy who rightfully should have won because blatant cheating went on, and then for the next what 6 years did NOTHING until MB gave him a car that was so fast, even a below average driver like Ros beat him in a WDC. If Ham actually had a decent teammate for those years, someone like Max, he'd have maybe 3 WDCs if he was lucky.
That's why Max didn't win anything until he had the rules changed for his win in 2021 and the fastest car 2022 and 2023. Kid was trash, always was and always will be.

None of the drivers take him seriously and most fans who aren't White Nationalist don't either.
      09-22-2023, 11:19 AM   #100
Mr Pete
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Yea, I mean Ham gets a championship only by default of the guy who rightfully should have won because blatant cheating went on, and then for the next what 6 years did NOTHING until MB gave him a car that was so fast, even a below average driver like Ros beat him in a WDC.
It’s that stat I keep thinking about, 103 poles, 103 wins. This is why, imo, I can’t put him in that top 5 of all time list. As good of a driver Lewis is, numbers don’t lie, he absolutely needs the fastest car to finish a race P1. We’ve seen some good driving from him this year in some races, I’ll give him that.

And Im not a Max fanboy. Well maybe a little haha but I appreciate supremely skilled racers who show otherworldly type skill when I watch them race. I wish I would have been able to watch Fangio in his prime, that would have been amazing.

Ok, back on topic. Go Lando!!!
Appreciate 4
      09-22-2023, 11:22 AM   #101
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
That's why Max didn't win anything until he had the rules changed for his win in 2021 and the fastest car 2022 and 2023. Kid was trash, always was and always will be.

None of the drivers take him seriously and most fans who aren't White Nationalist don't either.
Yea, none of that is true. He did not have a car that was capable of winning a WDC since MB stacked the rules in their favor. I can tell you, Ham in the RB of those years wouldn't have been doing anything other than wallowing at the back while Max's driving put the car up where it shoudn't have been. Same reason why Ham will never go to Indy car - he knows his lack of skill is being exposed out and he'd never race in a series where your driving ability matters most. In fact given the field driving ability in F1 matters more now than it ever has, hence why he cannot win.

Also, please stop making generalized remarks about people's skin color. I think it is rather rude.
Appreciate 4
Mr Pete1596.50
M5Rick60060.50
GuidoK10855.00
      09-22-2023, 11:24 AM   #102
Mr Pete
Major
No_Country
Rep

Watching FP2 right now. Karun’s insight on certain corners is super interesting to hear.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick60060.50
GuidoK10855.00
      09-22-2023, 11:26 AM   #103
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep

Quote:
It’s that stat I keep thinking about, 103 poles, 103 wins. This is why, imo, I can’t put him in that top 5 of all time list. As good of a driver Lewis is, numbers don’t lie, he absolutely needs the fastest car to finish a race P1. We’ve seen some good driving from him this year in some races, I’ll give him that.

And Im not a Max fanboy. Well maybe a little haha but I appreciate supremely skilled racers who show otherworldly type skill when I watch them race. I wish I would have been able to watch Fangio in his prime, that would have been amazing.

Ok, back on topic. Go Lando!!!
Yes, that is exactly it but only tells part of the story. The car was 1 second clear just in quali than EVERY other car. I'm sure it was 30 hp more too which is why MB had the engine regs frozen. They knew that was the advantage and without it they might not be so good. As I previously said, it's like one team having a GT2 RS and everyone else is in a base 911 - you dont need to be a good driver to win when it's that stacked and that's exactly how it played out until 2021 when Max simply made the most of what was still a weaker car.

Max on the other hand only has 27 poles and 47 wins which tells me he cut through a field to win without having to start from the front with a teammate in P2 to play his lackey and hold everyone up or hold P1 for him to invert.
Appreciate 4
Mr Pete1596.50
M5Rick60060.50
GuidoK10855.00
      09-22-2023, 11:29 AM   #104
dfox
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E88 135i 6MT

Quote:
But he's literally 2nd in points for the season, 3rd last season. Is he suddenly better than not only Lewis, but also ALO as well? Wow - such skill.

LOL going from barely average to 2nd place in points
https://racingnews365.com/formula-1-standings-2023

"It's not the car!"
Checo was 4th in 2020 while in a Racing Point. He's certainly being helped by the car he's in, but what winning driver isn't? He's a top 10 driver on the grid in the best car on the grid, and that puts him in second place this year...
Appreciate 4
M5Rick60060.50
GuidoK10855.00
      09-22-2023, 11:31 AM   #105
Mr Pete
Major
No_Country
Rep

Wow. Max’s pole to win ratio is insane. Wow
Appreciate 4
M5Rick60060.50
GuidoK10855.00
      09-22-2023, 11:31 AM   #106
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Max has to be the most overrated driver in all of F1 history - bar none. He's talented, but after getting beat out by Danny R, I knew he was just a slightly above average driver with a great car.
2016, Merc had one of the most dominating cars in history. They won every race but 2, those came down to retirement issues. They had pole in every race but 1.

Lewis got beat by Nico for world title...I knew Hamilton was overrated.

Quote:
his skill developed him to be a loser until his car in 2021 was literally the fastest car on the grid, and he almost lost until he was gifted the WDC.
A bit of revisionist history. 2021 was one of the closet seasons in recent history. Still in Merc hybrid era mind you. Merc also out developed RB after the Summer break.

Poles: RB-10 Merc- 9
Fast Laps: RB- 8 Merc- 9
DNF: Max- 2 Lewis- 1

Quote:
And Hamilton is so 'washed' and on the decline he's regularly destroying the Verstappen level Russell with ease.

Another season beat by his teammate for the resume.

Quote:
Best driver on the grid is Hamilton, and the gap between him and the next guy up is about the difference between the population of the UK and Belgium. That wide.
Why is the best driver on the grid slower than his teammate in the same car?

Poles: Russ- 8 Ham- 7

How many races has Lewis won since the Merc hybrid era ended...zero. Russell is the only one to have taken Merc back to the top step.
Appreciate 2
Mr Pete1596.50
GuidoK10855.00
      09-22-2023, 11:33 AM   #107
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Yea, none of that is true. He did not have a car that was capable of winning a WDC since MB stacked the rules in their favor. I can tell you, Ham in the RB of those years wouldn't have been doing anything other than wallowing at the back while Max's driving put the car up where it shoudn't have been. Same reason why Ham will never go to Indy car - he knows his lack of skill is being exposed out and he'd never race in a series where your driving ability matters most. In fact given the field driving ability in F1 matters more now than it ever has, hence why he cannot win.

Also, please stop making generalized remarks about people's skin color. I think it is rather rude.
Ham won a race and podium with slower cars. You do know that Hamilton won with McLaren before he was with Mercedes, right? Do you remember how slow and average those car were?

Hamilton - the guy with 7 World Championships to his name - one DNF away from 9, the most winningest driver ever, is low on Skill. But Max, a guy who only won from a technicality and massive investment in personnel and rule changes in 2021 - and having the fastest car in 2022/23 - is actually "good" despite losing for 7 years STRAIGHT.
      09-22-2023, 11:33 AM   #108
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:

Oh, I get it now.
Appreciate 2
Mr Pete1596.50
GuidoK10855.00
      09-22-2023, 11:37 AM   #109
Mr Pete
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
Oh, I get it now.
Don’t bother. You will get dumber.
Appreciate 1
GuidoK10855.00
      09-22-2023, 11:37 AM   #110
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
2016, Merc had one of the most dominating cars in history. They won every race but 2, those came down to retirement issues. They had pole in every race but 1.

Lewis got beat by Nico for world title...I knew Hamilton was overrated.
After 3 DNFs? Oh, so poor of Ham to not get points when his car was retired. What happened the 2 years prior to that?

Quote:
A bit of revisionist history. 2021 was one of the closet seasons in recent history. Still in Merc hybrid era mind you. Merc also out developed RB after the Summer break.

Poles: RB-10 Merc- 9
Fast Laps: RB- 8 Merc- 9
DNF: Max- 2 Lewis- 1
We still talking about that last miniute rule change to allow Max to win the WDC?

Quote:

Another season beat by his teammate for the resume.
You mean when Ham sacrificed his season to run a testing setup for his car to be more competitive? That's why he's dusting Georgy boy now?

Quote:
Why is the best driver on the grid slower than his teammate in the same car?

Poles: Russ- 8 Ham- 7
Who leads in points?

Quote:
How many races has Lewis won since the Merc hybrid era ended...zero. Russell is the only one to have taken Merc back to the top step.
How many has Russell won? Or LeClair? Of Alonso?