Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

09-29-2023, 01:00 PM   #23
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

colorado.e9x I am in Bradenton/Sarasota and took a leave from this page as I have been managing my second location (Autobody) and its been slightly overwhelming.

I'm blown away that you think the drivers were better here. We have some of the worst drivers anywhere that I think.
Anyway, happy to connect if you need dining advice or anything you want to know about the area.
Appreciate 1
      09-29-2023, 01:25 PM   #24
colorado.e9x
eBay Special
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330xi

Garage List
2007 BMW 328xi  [9.50]
2006 BMW 330xi  [10.00]
Tommy-G

Managing businesses like that (nonetheless two) would definitely be overwhelming. Especially considering the insane population spike over the last few years. But yes my one week of driving experience in Sarasota/Bradenton/Tampa was better than my daily experience out here. So much variety of bad drivers..

And thank you, I'll PM you soon.
      09-29-2023, 04:02 PM   #25
Scrapula
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW i5 M60

We left Florida (Tampa Bay Area) 13 years ago for the Seattle area. My husband is a software engineer and there just weren’t many jobs. He got hired by Amazon right away. I also switched from pharmacy to software engineering as the jobs are plentiful and the pay is good.

Florida was way too hot and sticky for me. We had a nice swimming pool but our electric bill was over $600 a month. We pay under $300 in Washington 13 years later. Water bill was higher there, too. I also hated all the giant bugs, constant mosquitoes, and glut of chain restaurants for the tourists. The plus side was Cuban food and easy to hop on a cruise ship for a quick vacation.

I would never go back. We make much more money here, better healthcare, better produce at the store, no state tax, lower utility bills, lower homeowners insurance.
Appreciate 0