Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW i4 Forum - i430, i440 (G26) EV Forum BMW i4 Forum - M50, eDrive40, eDrive35 (G26) EV Forum

01-04-2024, 03:45 PM   #309
golty
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M2, BMW M340i

Thanks all, I was having a look today and it turns out the dealer I had bought it off had overinflated the drivers side tyres. I took all tyres down to recommended and it seems to have made a massive difference and the ride feels nicer. Roads were also drier too today but felt nice to drive
Appreciate 1
      01-18-2024, 09:48 AM   #310
Incarniac
Human
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M440i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by srbs73 View Post
I got an email from the dealer this morning and they did offer collection as an option so have gone with that. Collecting on the 10th.
Got this from mine too yesterday. However it then turned out they were fully booked for collection on the day I wanted / could make it, so went for home delivery a day earlier. It arrives with me in two weeks (it arrived at UK port a day or two ago).
      01-25-2024, 04:43 AM   #311
srbs73
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 M50

Not long to go then! Hope it all goes well.

I'm two weeks in and really happy with it. Only issue I've had is someone triggering the ring doorbell as they checked whether they were going to steal it! Fortunately the chime set the dog off and was on the phone to the police in less than 10 minutes!

The guy did check the badge on the boot, so wondering whether when he realised it was an M50 and not an M440i, he wasn't interested.

Steering lock does go on every night now
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2024, 06:31 AM   #312
SILVAF0XX
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Mercedes CLA 45s

Just ordered my i4 M50 via Tusker as well

Was saying 35 weeks and so I expected an autumn delivery, but early indication are suggesting late May or early June... not too bad

My first BMW so hoping the experience is good and looking forward to it.

My one and only venture with Merc has been disappointing unfortunately so I'm keen to move on

Silva
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2024, 01:18 PM   #313
Incarniac
Human
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Not long to go then! Hope it all goes well.

I'm two weeks in and really happy with it. Only issue I've had is someone triggering the ring doorbell as they checked whether they were going to steal it! Fortunately the chime set the dog off and was on the phone to the police in less than 10 minutes!

The guy did check the badge on the boot, so wondering whether when he realised it was an M50 and not an M440i, he wasn't interested.

Steering lock does go on every night now
Ouch, yeah I had someone with a hoodie doing the same thing up my drive a couple of months ago; sniffing around my car (which was an M440i). Neighbour's camera covers most of our drive and comes with a floodlight that triggers. Neighbour showed me the video and how for a moment the person froze like a rabbit in headlights before quickly scampering off. I've been putting a steering lock on since I first got the car, and I think that and the light and camera put him (or them) off.

My M50 arrived yesterday, via Tusker delivery. Delivery was smooth and quick, car arrived in full new condition as it should (like showroom except a little dirt from the 10ish or so miles they drove the car to mine - it is winter after all).

Took it out for a spin yesterday evening after work, and it's pure excellence. Haven't had much time to play around with it yet, but I love it (I knew I would).

Today I sold my M440i back to the dealership I got it from - they gave me what I considered a very reasonable price.

Next is to get a home charger sorted...! (Should/could have done that a while ago but been various other non-car stuff going on recently so it's not been a high priority)
      02-02-2024, 01:25 PM   #314
Incarniac
Human
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVAF0XX View Post

Was saying 35 weeks and so I expected an autumn delivery, but early indication are suggesting late May or early June... not too bad

My one and only venture with Merc has been disappointing unfortunately so I'm keen to move on
Yeah, Tusker estimated 35 weeks for mine as well when I put the order in late September last year. It was actually one of the factors in me putting in the order when I did, as I was expecting a long wait.

The car turned up yesterday (and this includes waiting at port in Germany for nearly 2 weeks over Christmas and New Year) so from Tusker putting in the order with their dealer to delivery it was just over 4 months; so jut under half of the original estimated wait.

I never bothered asking the dealer for a BMW order, but at some point in December I realised Tusker were listing the VIN/chassis number on my account/order, so from thereon in I semi-regularly checked in with BMW Genius online to check where the car was at.

Good luck!

Last edited by Incarniac; 02-02-2024 at 01:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2024, 08:12 AM   #315
srbs73
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVAF0XX View Post

Silva
Tusker original said my build would be mid-Feb so was 2.5 months early.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2024, 08:16 AM   #316
srbs73
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incarniac View Post
Ouch, yeah I had someone with a hoodie doing the same thing up my drive a couple of months ago; sniffing around my car (which was an M440i). Neighbour's camera covers most of our drive and comes with a floodlight that triggers. Neighbour showed me the video and how for a moment the person froze like a rabbit in headlights before quickly scampering off. I've been putting a steering lock on since I first got the car, and I think that and the light and camera put him (or them) off.

My M50 arrived yesterday, via Tusker delivery. Delivery was smooth and quick, car arrived in full new condition as it should (like showroom except a little dirt from the 10ish or so miles they drove the car to mine - it is winter after all).

Took it out for a spin yesterday evening after work, and it's pure excellence. Haven't had much time to play around with it yet, but I love it (I knew I would).

Today I sold my M440i back to the dealership I got it from - they gave me what I considered a very reasonable price.

Next is to get a home charger sorted...! (Should/could have done that a while ago but been various other non-car stuff going on recently so it's not been a high priority)
Glad it's all gone well so far. I sold my M340i Touring to a Sytner group buyer. I did the same with my wifes 118i 6 months before after posting in auto trader. Was so much easier and didn't have the risk of having to pay off the balloon before selling.

We went with an Andersen A2 charger as it was neat and you could customise the colour. Fortunately when we ordered it for my wifes EV, we went for the longer cable in the unlikely event I went down the EV route!
Appreciate 1
      02-07-2024, 07:55 PM   #317
Incarniac
Human
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Glad it's all gone well so far. I sold my M340i Touring to a Sytner group buyer. I did the same with my wifes 118i 6 months before after posting in auto trader. Was so much easier and didn't have the risk of having to pay off the balloon before selling.

We went with an Andersen A2 charger as it was neat and you could customise the colour. Fortunately when we ordered it for my wifes EV, we went for the longer cable in the unlikely event I went down the EV route!
Was Sytner I sold mine back to too, excellent experience all round for any of the stuff with the car, be that collection, service or selling back. Selling it back to them was very easy, no faff or messing around, and sorted in no time.
srbs73547.50
      02-09-2024, 12:05 PM   #318
srbs73
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incarniac View Post
Was Sytner I sold mine back to too, excellent experience all round for any of the stuff with the car, be that collection, service or selling back. Selling it back to them was very easy, no faff or messing around, and sorted in no time.
Not Joe was it??
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2024, 04:27 AM   #319
M89
Rep
Drives: I4

I’ve moved to status 112 with an estimated production date of March 11th. Does anyone know how long production typically takes and then the rough wait time for shipping to UK?
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2024, 04:41 AM   #320
srbs73
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M89 View Post
I’ve moved to status 112 with an estimated production date of March 11th. Does anyone know how long production typically takes and then the rough wait time for shipping to UK?
I reckon mid-April collection would be about right. Might be a bit earlier if you're lucky.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2024, 04:00 AM   #321
M89
Rep

Quote:
I reckon mid-April collection would be about right. Might be a bit earlier if you're lucky.
Ah, okay! Slightly longer than I’d thought. Is it typically a couple of weeks for production and then a couple of weeks for delivery? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2024, 06:23 AM   #322
srbs73
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Mine was built last week of November and arrived at the dealer just before Christmas but couldn't get a collection slot until 10th Jan.
Appreciate 1
M890.00
      03-06-2024, 05:19 AM   #323
M89
Rep

Finally at 150!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2024, 09:13 AM   #324
restokin
Rep
Drives: BMW 435d msport xdrive - F36

Can anyone that's ordered via Tusker feed back some timescales for me? The order is sitting at "Order Pending" & was just wondering how long each stage took before getting the actual dealer details & proper order no. As far as I know all the paperwork's sorted.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2024, 01:32 AM   #325
srbs73
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by restokin View Post
Can anyone that's ordered via Tusker feed back some timescales for me? The order is sitting at "Order Pending" & was just wondering how long each stage took before getting the actual dealer details & proper order no. As far as I know all the paperwork's sorted.
I placed my order mid-September, car went into production end of November and collected early January (would have been end of Dec if not for the holidays).
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2024, 08:00 AM   #326
M89
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by restokin View Post
I ordered mid October and my car is currently at the arrival port awaiting delivery to the dealership, estimated to be April 3rd…. So all in all about 5.5 months from order to delivery.
Appreciate 0