Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

11-11-2019, 01:03 PM   #1475
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Started back at the gym this morning after two whole weeks away from it. I felt like a pansy with the weight I was using.......but I learned a long time ago how important it is to ease back into things or else you pay the price.

I'm not worried though and just stay covered up. Plus "muscle memory" is a hell of a thing!

I'm hoping to be setting some new personal bests in the next 6-8 weeks!
I know what you mean! Your warm up weights are gonna feel heavy as shit and screw you up mentally
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      11-11-2019, 01:13 PM   #1476
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Update: Stitches out of the hand as of this morning! I have a green light to lift again but was advised to take it easy at first. Doc told me that I would have no issues with damaging anything in my hand, but due to a freshly healed/healing incision, that it's going to be very tender for a couple of weeks still. My pro grips are in, so I'm going to attempt to use them with light weight tonight and see how they/I do. Looking forward to getting to the gym tonight for sure!
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      11-11-2019, 01:17 PM   #1477
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
I bet those joints feel great after that amount of time off. I don't know how you went 2 weeks without going, hell I miss a day and I feel lazy to an extent!

What're your calories going to be looking like the next 6-8weeks? I know last you talked you were bringing them back down after bulking.
It was torture...believe me. But right before I took that time off I got worked over by my physical therapist...especially traps, shoulders and mid-back. It was painful. After he did "cupping" to pull blood into the area...you should have seen the pump I had. My shirt would barley fit. I'm coming back down to around 3400 to start. During this last bulk...I was averaging 4200 a day or so...and had quite a few weekends where I would hit almost 5K.
      11-11-2019, 01:53 PM   #1478
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Update: Stitches out of the hand as of this morning! I have a green light to lift again but was advised to take it easy at first. Doc told me that I would have no issues with damaging anything in my hand, but due to a freshly healed/healing incision, that it's going to be very tender for a couple of weeks still. My pro grips are in, so I'm going to attempt to use them with light weight tonight and see how they/I do. Looking forward to getting to the gym tonight for sure!
Get after it man! I remember a few years ago I had a guy come at me with a knife (just a dull kitchen knife nothing crazy), my first instinct was to keep him from impaling me so I just grabbed the blade an took him to the ground. Could see the bone in my pinkie. Had to get some stitches and was advised to stay away from the weights, couldn't do it lol. Just would grip everything with my first 3 fingers and avoid using my pinkie at all, was an odd few weeks!

Quote:
It was torture...believe me. But right before I took that time off I got worked over by my physical therapist...especially traps, shoulders and mid-back. It was painful. After he did "cupping" to pull blood into the area...you should have seen the pump I had. My shirt would barley fit. I'm coming back down to around 3400 to start. During this last bulk...I was averaging 4200 a day or so...and had quite a few weekends where I would hit almost 5K.
Jesus... You were up there in the calorie count! You'll probably feel nice an lean around 3400. I'm going to opposite direction, probably around 3400 right now. Going to go down around 2800 progressively and lean out a little bit.

I've never been to a physical therapist, but I feel like I should with my damn back problems. How much does that run you?
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13147.00
      11-11-2019, 02:25 PM   #1479
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Get after it man! I remember a few years ago I had a guy come at me with a knife (just a dull kitchen knife nothing crazy), my first instinct was to keep him from impaling me so I just grabbed the blade an took him to the ground. Could see the bone in my pinkie. Had to get some stitches and was advised to stay away from the weights, couldn't do it lol. Just would grip everything with my first 3 fingers and avoid using my pinkie at all, was an odd few weeks!

Jesus... You were up there in the calorie count! You'll probably feel nice an lean around 3400. I'm going to opposite direction, probably around 3400 right now. Going to go down around 2800 progressively and lean out a little bit.

I've never been to a physical therapist, but I feel like I should with my damn back problems. How much does that run you?
This guy charges me $45 an hour through my insurance. Worth every penny!
      11-11-2019, 06:55 PM   #1480
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Said I'd start the cut today but somehow got talked into a Chinese buffet for dinner... it all happened so fast lol
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00
      11-11-2019, 07:54 PM   #1481
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Said I'd start the cut today but somehow got talked into a Chinese buffet for dinner... it all happened so fast lol
Weak!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 1
JP102461.00
      11-11-2019, 08:04 PM   #1482
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Good man do same tomorrow
Appreciate 1
JP102461.00
      11-12-2019, 06:11 AM   #1483
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Weak!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Good man do same tomorrow
Buffet was right next to Americas Best where I was picking up some contacts. I'm telling you I blinked and next thing I knew I was sitting down in the restaurant lmao. Ate a ton but feel pretty solid this morning, was a little bloated when I woke up probably from the mass amounts of sodium. But feel pretty lean after my workout!

Starting the cut today unless some craziness happens again haha.
Appreciate 1
      11-12-2019, 09:13 AM   #1484
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Buffet was right next to Americas Best where I was picking up some contacts. I'm telling you I blinked and next thing I knew I was sitting down in the restaurant lmao. Ate a ton but feel pretty solid this morning, was a little bloated when I woke up probably from the mass amounts of sodium. But feel pretty lean after my workout!

Starting the cut today unless some craziness happens again haha.
Lol you ate a ton but probably was hungry again 2 hours later
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2019, 09:30 AM   #1485
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
rhetorical, right?

I got up and rode the eliptical before going to see the Dr, yesterday. I had asked and was told the gym had normal hours, so planned to go in the p.m. Good thing I got at least eh eliptical in, wife took me to sushi and got me sloshed on sake. . . my story <-- sticking to it
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2019, 10:35 AM   #1486
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I gotta have a tapeworm, pretty much hungry 24/7 haha

Damn, the boss is ordering burgers from this legit place down the street.... Couldn't say no. Almost like this cut isn't suppose to begin. Maybe I'll just permabulk haha

Last edited by JP10; 11-12-2019 at 10:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2019, 01:16 PM   #1487
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I gotta have a tapeworm, pretty much hungry 24/7 haha

Damn, the boss is ordering burgers from this legit place down the street.... Couldn't say no. Almost like this cut isn't suppose to begin. Maybe I'll just permabulk haha
I am usually hungry all the time....but these last few months of putting down all that food kind of ruined it for me. Not so much the hunger part....but more with all the time it was taking to prep it. I was probably eating 75% clean and 25% of whatever was the healthiest options wherever we went.

Yesterday I landed at 3700, and today if I hit my numbers I will be around 3500. I will admit today has been the first day in a long time that I have actually been really hungry at each meal. So I may hang out at that range for awhile.

I haven't even stepped on a scale since reducing my calories, and don't plan on doing so for awhile!
King Rudi13147.00
      11-12-2019, 01:34 PM   #1488
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I know what you mean! Your warm up weights are gonna feel heavy as shit and screw you up mentally
The cool thing about my training app is that it lets me set my 1RM on any of my exercises at anytime.

So I just went in and reduced everything before starting back up this week. Then I just let the app tell me when I'm ready. Like yesterday with my workout, my last sets of my Tier 1 and Tier 2 exercises are AMRAP (As Many Reps as Possible).

I completed them and it adjusted my 1RM's right then. So next week my weights will automatically go up and if I hit my AMRAP set correctly...it should go up again for the next week.

So it's pretty useful for someone starting back up after a layoff!
      11-12-2019, 01:55 PM   #1489
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I am usually hungry all the time....but these last few months of putting down all that food kind of ruined it for me. Not so much the hunger part....but more with all the time it was taking to prep it. I was probably eating 75% clean and 25% of whatever was the healthiest options wherever we went.

Yesterday I landed at 3700, and today if I hit my numbers I will be around 3500. I will admit today has been the first day in a long time that I have actually been really hungry at each meal. So I may hang out at that range for awhile.

I haven't even stepped on a scale since reducing my calories, and don't plan on doing so for awhile!
I hear ya, it's tough to eat clean and get that amount of calories. I usually just fill the gaps with an abundance of peanut butter haha. That's relatively clean in my eyes!
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      11-12-2019, 03:13 PM   #1490
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I hear ya, it's tough to eat clean and get that amount of calories. I usually just fill the gaps with an abundance of peanut butter haha. That's relatively clean in my eyes!
Wait, please don't burst my bubble. I don't even take the spoon out of my jar at work any more, just screw the cap back on.

p.s. Super Chunk Extra Crunchy
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2019, 04:54 PM   #1491
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
True.... I had been getting a lot of my fats from almond butter. 20% of the calories I was eating was about 100 grams of fat per day. I try to get mainly healthy fats with the bad stuff only being in the small amounts found in my protein sources.
      11-13-2019, 05:54 AM   #1492
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Wait, please don't burst my bubble. I don't even take the spoon out of my jar at work any more, just screw the cap back on.

p.s. Super Chunk Extra Crunchy
Gotta have the extra crunchy, thats the best!
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2019, 11:39 AM   #1493
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

2nd fastest average on my 3-4 mile run distances Beet dirt came after for recovery.

I got cocky last night, figured I could take that whole spoon of beet dirt in a single mouthful, and didn't even pour a glass of water since I could just drink out of the faucet.

You do NOT want that shit stuck to your sinuses!!!!
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      11-14-2019, 06:23 AM   #1494
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Painful chest day this morning. Front delts were very tight. I have a tighter grip (purposefully) when I bench, and refuse to not let the bar touch my chest. I have a solid bit of reach for my height as well, so i'm really stretching shit out when the bar is down on my chest especially incline bench. Left pec/delt started giving out a little towards the end. Didn't effect too much, I just dropped the weight a little and really focused on squeezing shit together. Had a ridiculous pump!

My rotation is a little different then your typical (6 day cycle);
back/tri -> shoulders/bi -> legs -> chest -> arms -> legs -> repeat
For the most part I'll do whatever is in my power not to take an off day because im a stubborn little shit haha. With that said, legs twice a week has been beating my ass. Soreness from the first leg day is not usually gone by time I hit them the second time in my rotation. 2nd leg day is usually more conditioning. Lot of reps, nothing too crazy as far as weight goes, and I usually bust my ass with some cardio on that second leg day.

I know I said I would start that cut a few days ago, but I haven't really been worrying about my calories. My body seems to be ripping through everything that I can put down right now, if anything I'm leaning out while maintaining my calorie intake. Might just see how this plays out!
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      11-14-2019, 09:19 AM   #1495
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

I'm in a bit more pain than usual after last night's chest/bi. Since I was being a good husband and went with the little woman to get mashed potatoes and gravy for her potluck, she dropped me at the gym on the way home. Because I knew I had to run home, I skipped both the elliptical warm-up and the pool cool-down. Put myself to bed sweaty.

This morning my outer pecks are sore enough that I used it as an excuse to get caffeinated covfefe this morning.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 12:26 PM   #1496
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Painful chest day this morning. Front delts were very tight. I have a tighter grip (purposefully) when I bench, and refuse to not let the bar touch my chest. I have a solid bit of reach for my height as well, so i'm really stretching shit out when the bar is down on my chest especially incline bench. Left pec/delt started giving out a little towards the end. Didn't effect too much, I just dropped the weight a little and really focused on squeezing shit together. Had a ridiculous pump!

My rotation is a little different then your typical (6 day cycle);
back/tri -> shoulders/bi -> legs -> chest -> arms -> legs -> repeat
For the most part I'll do whatever is in my power not to take an off day because im a stubborn little shit haha. With that said, legs twice a week has been beating my ass. Soreness from the first leg day is not usually gone by time I hit them the second time in my rotation. 2nd leg day is usually more conditioning. Lot of reps, nothing too crazy as far as weight goes, and I usually bust my ass with some cardio on that second leg day.

I know I said I would start that cut a few days ago, but I haven't really been worrying about my calories. My body seems to be ripping through everything that I can put down right now, if anything I'm leaning out while maintaining my calorie intake. Might just see how this plays out!
I would definitely ride it out!